Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:56:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 648
Total: 648

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: neoropathy  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
neoropathy
« on: March 06, 2009, 01:32:19 am »
Been on meds way to long.Now have side effects that will last a lifetime.Take one med for this problem an a new one comes along.
Benazepril               10mg
Cymbalta               120mg
Emtriva                 200mg
Kaletra                  200mg 50mg
Reyataz                300mg
Ventolin               for COPD
Albuterol              for COPD
Gabapentin           for Neuropathy 9-400mg daily
Alprazolam             3 daily for Anxiety
Zolpidem               1 to help me sleep which don,t allways work
Mepron                 
T-cells last count     (213)
V-L                        (000)
And they wonder why we are upset.I try to be nice until its time not to.Have to stop now hands are shaking (scooter) Dwayn20

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: neoropathy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:54:33 am »
Hey Dwayn,

I have neuropathy also (have since the 90's).  And I also take Neurontin (Gabapentin), 800 mgs 3 x a day.  This topic about taking meds for this and that has been discussed here a few times.  We all know how you feel, believe me.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline QUANPETE

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:18:59 am »
Hey D20, I to have "both types" of neuropathy P.N. & U.N. ( the feet/legs to waist/ the (now) deformed hands and arms ( NOW ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD, (losing hearing, eye sight, and the feeling of A HOT NEEDLE BEING STUCK IN AND OUT OF MY EAR, WITH VERY LOUD PITCH SOUNDS- F'N GROSS. I just got on here cause my p.n. & u.n are at a pain level 9 right now, and if i was not living for all my friends who were dead by the year of 1989, i would go jump in front of a speeding bus, yes really. I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS F'N SUFFERING, I HATE AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Pagan god PLEASE JUST TAKE ME NOW.

so, D~ i just wanted you to know "YOU ARE NOT ALONE, IT FEELS THAT WHY ALLOT, BUT YOUR NOT".
YOU CAN TALK TO ME ANYTIME, I HAVE HAD AIDS FOR 25+ YRS. NOW, AND SUFFERING EVERYDAY - HOMEBOUND NOW FOR 6-7 YEARS. CAN'T BE ON MAC LONG DUE TO PAIN, I JUST NEEDED TO TALK    ( OR WRITE) TO "SOMEONE" WHO WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HATE TO BE ALONE WHEN I AM SO SICK & SUFFERING. NO MORE FRIENDS TO TALK TO- REALLY "ALL" GAY AND STRAIGHT "ALL DEAD". SORRY TO SOUND 'DOWN' BUT WITH MY PAIN I GET VERY MENTAL WITH THE "LIGHTING PAIN" I JUST BEEN DEALING WITH IT FOR SO LONG (20 YEARS NOW). I ALMOST DIED FIVE TIMES, WITH 'PCPx3 times" and 5 BRAIN INFECTIONS, BUT I CAN STILL WALK- WELL BARELY. AND NOW DEALING WITH THOSE "NASTY 80'S INFECTIONS RIGHT NOW AGAIN", I HAVE EVEN ' OUT LIVED ' THREE OF MY AIDS DOCTORS WHO DIED OF AIDS. AND A YOUNG MAN WHO ASKED ME FOR HELP       ( i help all who ask for it)  HE'S JUST 20Y. WENT "FULL BLOWN THIS WEEK" I HAD TO TALK HIM OFF A BRIDGE THAT HE WAS GOING TO JUMP INTO THE FREEWAY- I DID IT, I TALKED HIM DOWN ON MY CELL AND CALLED 911 ON MY HOME LINE AT THE SAME TIME. BUT, REALLY WHY? HE DOESN'T WANT TO SUFFER LIKE NOT OF US DO- BUT " WE DO  SUFFER ALLOT". I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU D.                  (AT 19YS, another one i was helping who is now dying of aids/bone cancer) IT'S LIKE THE 80'S WHEN YOUR BY THEIR SIDE WHEN THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE DYING, AND YOUR BEGGING THEM TO DIE DUE TO THEIR SUFFERING, NOW I LIVE WITH THE " SERIOUS SURVIVOR'S GUILT ". TAKE CARE D.            I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU AND ALL. QPETE - my1queerunderworld@gmail.com, JUST IN CASE YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR P.N.  CIAO.

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:53:05 am »
I am twenty years end this been in hospital only twice had MAC an and walking pneumonia three times.Was told that I had progressed to AIDs.I also have lost many friends to this disease.But the one that really hurt me was about three weeks ago I found out my younger brother had died with this horrible disease.The real kicker was that he died six years ago an I just found out about it from my older brother.They did try to find me but the only contact I had with my mom side of the family was my younger brother.That is why I started the thread When It Rains It Pours in Long Term Survivors.The day I found out I died a little.I guest I am fortunate that my Neuropathy is just in hands an feet so far.Sometimes I think the medicines are worst than the Disease.
Scooter
P.S. Take care I am here if you need!!!

quote author=QUANPETE link=topic=26087.msg330195#msg330195 date=1239193139]
Hey D20, I to have "both types" of neuropathy P.N. & U.N. ( the feet/legs to waist/ the (now) deformed hands and arms ( NOW ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD, (losing hearing, eye sight, and the feeling of A HOT NEEDLE BEING STUCK IN AND OUT OF MY EAR, WITH VERY LOUD PITCH SOUNDS- F'N GROSS. I just got on here cause my p.n. & u.n are at a pain level 9 right now, and if i was not living for all my friends who were dead by the year of 1989, i would go jump in front of a speeding bus, yes really. I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS F'N SUFFERING, I HATE AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Pagan god PLEASE JUST TAKE ME NOW.

so, D~ i just wanted you to know "YOU ARE NOT ALONE, IT FEELS THAT WHY ALLOT, BUT YOUR NOT".
YOU CAN TALK TO ME ANYTIME, I HAVE HAD AIDS FOR 25+ YRS. NOW, AND SUFFERING EVERYDAY - HOMEBOUND NOW FOR 6-7 YEARS. CAN'T BE ON MAC LONG DUE TO PAIN, I JUST NEEDED TO TALK    ( OR WRITE) TO "SOMEONE" WHO WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I HATE TO BE ALONE WHEN I AM SO SICK & SUFFERING. NO MORE FRIENDS TO TALK TO- REALLY "ALL" GAY AND STRAIGHT "ALL DEAD". SORRY TO SOUND 'DOWN' BUT WITH MY PAIN I GET VERY MENTAL WITH THE "LIGHTING PAIN" I JUST BEEN DEALING WITH IT FOR SO LONG (20 YEARS NOW). I ALMOST DIED FIVE TIMES, WITH 'PCP x3 times" and 5 BRAIN INFECTIONS, BUT I CAN STILL WALK- WELL BARELY. AND NOW DEALING WITH THOSE "NASTY 80'S INFECTIONS RIGHT NOW AGAIN", I HAVE EVEN ' OUT LIVED ' THREE OF MY AIDS DOCTORS WHO DIED OF AIDS. AND A YOUNG MAN WHO ASKED ME FOR HELP       ( i help all who ask for it)  HE'S JUST 20Y. WENT "FULL BLOWN THIS WEEK" I HAD TO TALK HIM OFF A BRIDGE THAT HE WAS GOING TO JUMP INTO THE FREEWAY- I DID IT, I TALKED HIM DOWN ON MY CELL AND CALLED 911 ON MY HOME LINE AT THE SAME TIME. BUT, REALLY WHY? HE DOESN'T WANT TO SUFFER LIKE NOT OF US DO- BUT " WE DO  SUFFER ALLOT". I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU D.                  (AT 19YS, another one i was helping who is now dying of aids/bone cancer) IT'S LIKE THE 80'S WHEN YOUR BY THEIR SIDE WHEN THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE DYING, AND YOUR BEGGING THEM TO DIE DUE TO THEIR SUFFERING, NOW I LIVE WITH THE " SERIOUS SURVIVOR'S GUILT ". TAKE CARE D.            I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU AND ALL. QPETE - my1queerunderworld@gmail.com, JUST IN CASE YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR P.N.  CIAO.
[/quote]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.