Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:18:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 598
Total: 598

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Under 200 CD4 Count  (Read 7992 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Under 200 CD4 Count
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »
Just wanted to know how many others out there are under the 200 CD4 count?   ???

I have been under 200 for over two years now and frankly getting pissed that my numbers have not improved in two years time.  >:(

Well back in Jan 2005 my CD4 count was at 0 and today the count is at 147.  ::)
The % of cells analyzed 0.0L absolute count was 0 L . Found this looking back through Labs that were first Taken on Jan 13, 2005.  One month later my numbers went back up to 23L and 3% .

So I can say this boy has come along way from nothing to where I am today.

The highest it has ever been was 171 and that was back in Sept. 2006. :-\
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:30:55 pm by Jerry71 »

Offline Brian360

• Just livin' it up until the sun goes down.
Re: Under 200 CD4 Count
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:23:16 pm »
Don't worry Jerry, you're not the only one out there.  I started meds about a year ago with 1 CD4 and a viral load they stopped counting on.

In addition to HIV I was also diagnosed with Mycobacterium Avium Complex (MAC).  When they first decided to put my on a regimen for the MAC, all hell broke loose and the medication was making me nauseous and a steady supply of kidney stones I could produce.  We decided to quit it and then we decided to go back and try again..same regimen.  Same problems occured so they switched up meds.  Started fine for the first 60 days ago and then BINGO the kidney stones came back out to play.

As for my tcells, I can say that I've been above 100 twice since starting my meds.  The latest setback came this morning when my doc told me about the results. So back to 58 I am.

Peace
July06: Tcells 0, VL >+750,000
Aug06: TCells 22, VL 214,000
Sep06: TCells 32, VL 34,500
Oct06: TCells 92, VL 9,560
Dec06: Tcells 27, VL 25,000
Jan07: Tcells 43, VL - un-detect
Jan10: TCells 111 - popped to 160 fall 09, VL  undectable since Oct. 07

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 09:26:20 pm »
Hell Jerry, you know I'm in the under 200 club and I've been that way for over two years. We just have to hang in there.

Offline Morton Salt

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:08 pm »
mE TO...

~mORTON SALT

~iM KING OF THE SALTS

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:41:51 pm »
Another member of the Below 200 Club here, Jezza.

MtD

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:45:31 pm »
Just sucks sometimes. Seeing all the good numbers and %'s on here and most that are not on meds. Just really makes me wonder if it is me or the meds or the physican. Can say though two years ago I was not even able to get my ass out of bed. Today feel like a million dollar man. Quit smoking, had a pretty good visit with the ID doc today, still living.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:49:28 pm »
Babe,

Matty the Damned knows what you mean. When his CD4's languished at 15 he felt like shit and spent a couple of months in bed. Once over the 100 mark he felt much better.

I suspect how we feel is more important than some laboratory number.

MtD
(Who also hates all those showboats with their 500+ results) ;)

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:52:23 pm »

MtD
(Who also hates all those showboats with their 500+ results) ;)

LOL I know what you mean.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:58:45 pm »
Jerry,  you know the deal.   The lower you go the longer it takes to build back up.... Give it time.  As you stay at <50 your cd's have no choice but to rise...   

Eric

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:11:55 pm »
While I am the "Showboat above 500" person referred to above by MtD I wanted to take few minutes to say something from the heart.  You guys and gals ROCK!  I have been down in the 100's with my CD4 and I know how tired I was when it was like that and you all amaze me at your upbeat spirits and I want you to know what a blessing you are to me. I hope that if my CD4 ever drops that low I can have the upbeat spirit and genuine love of life you all do.  Thanks for being here!
 :-*
Bill
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:33:25 pm »
No hard feelings Bill. Soon we will all have to face the life of living in the under 200 club.

Offline Kellyk

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 12:24:47 am »
I also have a membership in the <200 club :/

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 02:16:05 am »
hey jerry.

Go figure. I mean what MtD says, "I suspect how we feel is more important than some laboratory number".

My numbers are good.  There is no doubt about that.  And I can't explain why.  I am very consciencious about taking my pills every day....except on the 8th day.  I'm just as consciencious about not taking my pills as ordered by my doc because, well, just because. I really don't have a good reason.  But that's not the point.  I do things my way because I know my body and I know my body will respond to these friggin' pills.  I also know my soul rejects them.  It might not show because I don't want it to but depression  digs deep in me every morning and it's a hell of a fight to get it out of me.  So for me it really doesn't matter whether the numbers are high or low, good or bad, It just doesn't matter.  I don't care.  I really don't care.  Come morning time, every morning, I'm depressed as hell and just want to leave the world behind.  Consider yourself lucky.  At least you care how many t-cells you have (or don't have in your case.)

robert

(who figures if there was something to be proud of in his life then maybe the number of t-cells would mean something.)

Offline Maestro

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:41:39 am »
Jerry,

My uncle has been on meds for like 8 or 9 years and has never risen above 200!  His  % hovers around 11 or 12...and the cd4 is usually in the 170 range.  However, his VL is undetectable and his ID says that's all that matters!

Freaked me out at first, but I guess it's OK.

M

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 08:46:04 am »
Hey Jerry Buddy:

Considering where you started two years ago and where you are today, I think you're doing well.  The most important thing, in addition to how you're feeling, is that you've got your VL controlled.  

I've wondered many times why some people get quick recovery in their cd4 counts, others take a much much longer time.  I mean is it genetics or something?  Like are some people genetically predisposed to having higher counts (even if HIV weren't a factor) and others predisposed to having lower counts (maybe Gerry or Newt knows)?  If that's the case then maybe you're just one of those who counts will always seem lower because of genetics.

But again, as long as you've got the VL under control, you're feeling good, then that's all you can do.  Don't worry about the rest buddy.

RAB

(who understands Jerry's frustration just doesn't have any good answers)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:49:05 am by RAB »

Offline camille07

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 09:01:58 am »
I have a few friends who's numbers keep them in the 200 club.  Some just get wiped out and then rebound (energy wise) and resume being their usual crazy selves.  Hang in there!

Offline pinkadam

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:24 pm »
According to my last test results iam under 200 too. T cells are based on your attitude and healthy life style. More you exercise more T cells and Happy you are more Tcells.
Depression (which is very common in HIV Patients) causes T cells to go down.

Also my doctor said , as long you have undectible viral load , T cell count really does not matter. I have read so many threads here to proove that.

Also it is not guaranteed that higher T cell will protect you from OIs. I have a friend whoose T cell is in 500s diagnosed with cancer

Also remember 200 count is just a standard introduced by CDC back in 80's when there is no HAART. This count is used to differentiate the people between HIV +ve and AIDS people. But after the era of HAART , there is no special category of AIDS. Every one who is on HAART is HIV +ve

Based on what i learned from my doctor , therapist, psychiatrist " Take mediacation , Exercise, Be positive"

Offline Christine

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 12:24:23 pm »
I have been under 200 since 1993. My cd4 count never responded to the meds.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline MarkInSF

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 01:10:03 pm »
"Also remember 200 count is just a standard introduced by CDC back in 80's when there is no HAART. This count is used to differentiate the people between HIV +ve and AIDS people. But after the era of HAART , there is no special category of AIDS. Every one who is on HAART is HIV +ve"

Is this really true?????  Two months ago my T-cells dipped to 177 and my nurse and doctor said im now AIDS diagnosed.  I asked my doctor if my t-cells go back up 200+ will I lose my AIDS diagnosis, and she said no. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 01:14:13 pm »
Not here in Ohio.

Offline cokaine

• I AM THE ORIGINAL DIVA, okaaayy
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 01:37:49 pm »
Jerry and to all of those in similar situation like him, I commend you for your bravery and strength. I was under 200 when first diagnosed close to 2 years ago and have responded well to the medicine but it took some time. I am a great believer that numbers don't really indicate how well your counts are. Yes, they probably can give us an idea of how well the virus is affecting our bodies but our bodies are so remarkable at times that they will surprise you.

I bet you will very soon be above 200 it is a matter of mind over matter. Stress and the type of lifestyle does contribute to some people's C4 counts, i am a true believer of that. I went down 50 C4 counts in less than a week after being diagnosed due to the emotional toll of the diagnosis and the depression I was under. Although there is no proof that stress was the cause of my CD4 decline during and after that week i felt severely weak and nightsweats were profound and soon after starting meds all that was gone. Perhaps it was all in my head but I felt much more clamer knowing that the meds were helping me combat this virus. So please try to keep a fresh and healthy mentality and don't let these number dictate your happiness.

Love,

cokaine

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 01:45:46 pm »
Jerry I know what you're saying. I couldn't be happier for those with high CD4 but my labs leave me asking what am I doing wrong?  I'm only at 170 so that puts me in the 200 club with the rest of you fabulous people.  :) I'm undetectable and I'm happy about that but over 200 would get me off this damn Mepron!

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 05:09:41 pm »
  :) I'm undetectable and I'm happy about that but over 200 would get me off this damn Mepron!

Hey Jeff welcome to the under 200 club. Can not stand that Mepron I refused to take anymore of that stuff and now I have to go each month to the hospital and take a Nebupent 300mg breathing treatment. It is alot better than Mepron. Just have to inhale Nebupent, to prevent from getting PCP.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.