Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:17:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 653
Total: 655

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Lost in Anxiety and stress...  (Read 7287 times)

Offline Dev0ted84

• Life is too uncertain to have regrets
Lost in Anxiety and stress...
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:19:49 pm »
Hello everyone I like to welcome myself to this board I have been searching for an HIV forum for over a week now...and Stumbled across you guys..by everything I have read you guys really seem to know what you're talking about(you don not understand the amount of relief this brings to me). Well here goes my embarassing...horrible story.. I recently visited a friend from out of town that havent' seen in years....I was suppose to be on a ''So called Business trip...'', anyhow we visited a massage parlor things went well i met a very beautiful lady things stayed innocent until after getting getting comfy speaking to each other she let me know she was a sex worker as well..being that she was so beautiful I couldn't resist(yes I know I am dog and any other input you would like to put on it..)So we went back to our hotel I purchased some Latex condoms and we went up to my room....I was soo paranoid I coudlnt believe what I was doing this was the first time I have ever done anything like this..but being caught up in the lust i kept on with it soo she offered some oral sex, now from what i have read it;s not a risk but I didn't know about you guys at the momment and mind you I am paranoid about everything...So i rolled the condom and she gave me some oral...being erected i started to have sex with her as i was going i couldnt believe it still my mind started filling with guilt mind you I am the father of two kids one only 4 months...but i know part of this led tobe to some problems me and my wife were having but thats STILL no excuse and im sooo paranoid now....I can't sleep and I didn't even wanna touch my Wife afraid I might give her HIV...I had sex with her for like 10 mins and I stopped because icouldnt stop thinking about that...Its been 14 days since this incident....I decided to call ''Advance testing center and asked what test I could take that would give me accurate results....even though the lady said i shouldn't test because i had a very low risk being that i had oral protected and some sex protected as well...but i was soo insistant she offered 2 types of tests once PCR viral load test and a RNa or Nucleic acid test that she said has been FDA approved (combined with a antybody test as well)  and used in blood centers world wide it costed me $399.00.  I am scheduled for it tomm at 9am. Please tell me guys im i wasting money?? im i being too paranoid and mainly can i just continue my sex life normally ???? with no one else other then my wife. I wanna tell her soo bad but i dont wanna ruin things.....gosh i sound like 27yr old baby please thoughts????

Thanks a bunch   

Martin
God bless us all

Offline RapidRod

Re: Lost in Anxiety and stress...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:27:06 pm »
You don't contract HIV from getting a blowjob and you had protected sex. You don't need to test and it would be a waste of money. PCR tests are NOT approved for diagnostic testing.

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:31:45 pm »
 Im not doing a pcr test im doing some test she said is used in blood centers...and thats it FDA approved only that the cdc hasnt announced it as a routine test for diagnosing HIV because of it's cost and sensitivity to produce false positives but thats its always confirmed with an elisa  and a western blot as well.. That kinda worried me but she said the window period for that test was 12 dayys. Anyhow dammit if its really a waste of money i might just get my damn money back. Rapid rod why do the condom wrappers say that a condom reduces the risk of hiv?? thats what iam reading on my condom box...??
God bless us all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:48:13 am »
Dev,

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv transmission when used correctly and consistently. As you used a condom for intercourse, you did not have a risk for hiv infection.

You do not need to test over this specific incident so yes, you would be wasting your money if you go for this test today.

Please read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can learn more about condoms and their use.

You did not have a risk and you do not need to test over this specific incident.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 02:21:57 pm »
Thanks Ann yea i cancelled it...so i can just go back to having normal sex with my wife??. this kinda stress can get to an individual...sure has on me...the lady told me it was a wise choice in saving $$ she was really helpful as you guys are as well..well rapidrod didn;t say much but lol:) it was all for good cause. Well im gonna have some great sex with my wife today and forget all this.:)
God bless us all

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:24 pm »
Hello everyone well one last thing I wanted to add 1st and foremost thanks to this website i am soooooooo much more relieved. Only thing the LAST thing honestly that just had me a little jumpy was the fact that im not circumsized.....i mean i had my condom but was i at more of a risk??? i mean even though i had my condom on? please thughts...its the one last thing before i put this away! thanks and bless you all!. i read about the foreskin.
God bless us all

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:59:17 pm »
Dev,

You used a condom and therefore you were not at risk of being infected with HIV. The fact that you're a hoodie makes no difference.

MtD

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 08:00:02 pm »
Lmaoooo lol thanks man.  :D
God bless us all

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 08:56:17 pm »
Hey matty hoodie man back again, its soo pathetic i need to read this every now and then to realize I wasn't at risk but just the fact that im not circumsized scared the beejezus out of me, when you say i wasn't at risk even though im not circumsied i dont exactly understand then what part of the foreskin is HIV able to get throughi mean the condom was rolled down my penis, i had sex for a little i busted pulled out saw my semen in there BUT i was in her pretty deep and she wasnt the tighest girl in the block(Not trying to be disrespectful im just putting MY story how it went) sooo by that said it scares me a little...
God bless us all

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:52 pm »
'sup Hoodie.

Here's the thing -- why would we tell you that you've not been at risk if we thought you had been?

Seriously. You had protected sex. You don't need to test. It doesn't matter that the lady in question may not have been as tight as some others. You had protected sex.

This isn't an HIV situation.

MtD

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 09:18:52 pm »
:::Breathes easy:::.  Yea thats what my mind eventually concludes to and i exhale and relax but those damn what ifs are hard to overcome im sure you know what i mean i hate it soo much. The exact term for those what ifs is ''guilt'', doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that one out which is where this all eventually leads to feel me?. Thanks alot man!
God bless us all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 09:31:08 pm »
Yes, and indulging in guilt is a corrosive and totally bad for all concerned.You're a dawg like the rest of us and you did what you did. Can't get a do over on that. See it, accept it, take a good deep breath and let it go. That's the smartest and most loving thing you can do for all concerned.

Fortunately you weren't at risk for HIV this time. Guilt? Well, obviously that's a whole other issue. Dump it overboard. No kidding. 
Andy Velez

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 09:52:57 pm »

Guilt? Well, obviously that's a whole other issue. Dump it overboard. No kidding.        
[/quote]   

LOL i definitely agree Mr.Velez unfortunately it was easier said then done and im FINALLy and GRADUALLY dumping it overboard i flipped it over but the hands stayed holding on the edge i just need to flip em out! :D. I think i would be with a therapist had i not used a condom..
God bless us all

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:20 am »
But you DID use a condom. They provide very effective protection against HIV transmission.

Get busy with other things in your life and this burden of guilt you're lugging around will gradually diminish.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 06:06:38 pm »
Sure did sir....Andy or Matty even though i had protected oral for bout 1 min and protected sex for bout 10 do you guys think i should test for STDS?.  I always have my 2-3 checkups annually at my doctor so im contemplating if i should tell my doc to do so. Last time i had a full check up including STDs was this past december and before that like 2 or 3 more times, and yes andy ive noticed since then everyday iv'e been better and better and realizing i wasnt at risk and dealing with those what IFS as well. They usually lasted half the day to a whole day now they are like 5-10 mins probably.
God bless us all

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 06:41:43 pm »
Devvie-

Responsible sexually active individuals should be tested for STIs every six months. There are many nasties that have no symptoms and can be easily spread through oral contact or skin-to-skin. HIV is very difficult to get, others not so much.

Again, HIV is not your concern.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 06:55:42 pm »
Hey thnx for the response buddy:). Well i mean i never made skin skin contact having used a condom so what do u suggest? i guess not then. Anyhow thanx for your input very much appreciated:).
God bless us all

Offline Dev0ted84

Matty!!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 01:15:46 am »
Hey matt whats up hoodie here, well i fessed up to my wife got the bitching of a lifetime but she loves me so much and is sticking through this with me. Even though she was kinda trying to make me feel bad and of course she has every right to because what i did is stupid and careless. Tell me please how i can tell her that this is not an HIV situation as you and many other fellow experts here have said. I basically told her that the intercourse was for like 10-15 min and it was with a condom, shes just paranoid because or our youngest little son who she is still breastfeeding and was bitching to me about it. So she was giving me the little tears through condom BS. anyway man just keeping ya updated!=)
God bless us all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 06:38:32 am »
Dev,

Please re-read your entire thread. Our answers are not going to change. You had no risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 04:31:58 pm »
Guys I want to inquire about a friend and i had a question he took his hiv test today and he said it came out indeterminate? what does that mean?. I tried telling him it maybe means his elisa was + but his western blot was neg is tihis true?. Im not sure. thnx:)
God bless us all

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 04:53:55 pm »
Wow guess you guys just read and ignored lol it's ok i guess im bugging you guys, just want to add this is not for me I m just inquiring about a friend who has posted here as well I just dont wanna put his name out like that but thnx anyway...i guess.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:55:56 pm by Dev0ted84 »
God bless us all

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 05:04:18 pm »
If your "friend" wants to ask us questions then he can apply for an account and ask them himself.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 05:59:55 pm »
Dev,

Your mate should only create his own new account if he has his own computer and internet connection to post from.

An indeterminate ELISA coupled with a negative WB means he is hiv negative - provided this result was obtained three months or more after his last unprotected intercourse. If it has been less than three months, then he needs to confirm when three months have passed.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Dev0ted84

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 06:02:35 pm »
Thanks alot mrs Ann and he does have an account he posted not long ago. Hes just convinced he has it and im trying tell him that indeterminate doesnt mean its + I wont pm you to ask you questions just his thread title cuz i dont wanna put him out there like that.
God bless us all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »
Dev,

You'll just have to tell your friend the same thing we do - please see your doctor - and encourage him to think about counseling. There's nothing more we, or you, can do for him.

And no, I haven't a clue who you mean, but it's a familiar story on these boards from many different people.

I hope that is the last we hear about your friend from you - he needs to post himself from his own account. Thanks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.