Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:54:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Risk of STD  (Read 21760 times)

Offline human.anonymous

Risk of STD
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:04 pm »
Hi Andy/Rod,

First of all I apologize because I started a new topic, I didn't knew how to post my question. I m sorry.

I had a body-body massage 1 month ago along with HJ at the end. The sequence of activities I did that day.

1. We both took bath in a tub completely nude. She was on top of me sometimes playing with my penis with hands.

2. We then continued with the massage, she massaged my upper part of the body with her breasts. I covered my penis with a towel not allowing her vagina or any body fluids to touch my penis. I dont have penis opening (having skin completely, hope u understand).

3. However after sometime, I asked her to put a condom and continue with the massage. I am not sure when the condom slipped a bit and whether some fluid touched my penis.

4. After that I asked to put another condom and continued the massage and at last she HJ me and I ejaculated in the condom.

5. And finally she HJ me once more without condom.

6. I didnt have penetrative sex with her.

7. I rubbed my penis (protected) against her vagina for 2-3 secs.

8. This is my first sexual interaction and wore condom for the 1st time. As I don’t have penis opening(having skin completely, hope u understood) while HJ she did it bit hard and my inside part of penis touched the condom and it burns sometimes. What would be reason of burning.

9. I did ELISA just after 1 month and found negative.

I was normal until I started worrying to much about the incident and HIV. Now I feel some burning sensation under my arms and my throat is getting dry frequently and my jaws are paining. How ever I didn’t suffer from fever or swelling of armpits or throat.

Is there any chances of HIV tranmission during any of above mentioned steps. I am very much worried and not able to concentrate.

Pls help me.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Very much worried of symptoms...Pls reply....pls pls pls
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:35:18 pm »
Read the "Welcome" thread and click the link to the Transmission Lesson.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:48:51 pm »
anon,

You are hiv negative. You didn't have a risk in anything you did during the massage. You did not engage in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Along with reading the Transmission lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to protect yourself against hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING AT THIS TIME, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:36:03 am »
Hi Andy/Rod/Ann,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have gone through the Welcome Thread but there was nothing mentioned about the activities I did during the massage.

Pls let me know is there any chances of HIV transmitting during the below activities assuming the lady has got HIV.

==> I asked her to put a condom and continue with the massage. I am not sure when the condom slipped a bit and whether some fluid touched my penis.

=>> I rubbed my penis (protected) against her vagina for 2-3 secs. I DIDN'T have any kind of penetrative sex nor oral.

If the fluids of vagina touches my penis, will it transmit HIV?

What could be the cause of pain in my arms and burning armpits and dry throat/pain and stomach upset sometimes. I was recently told by a doctor that I have iron deficiency.

Pls reply....I m very much worried.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:40 am »
You did not have penetrative sex. No risk..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:56:46 am »
anon,

The activities you list aren't mentioned in the Transmission Lesson because they are not ways that hiv is transmitted. Why include them?

You didn't have a risk. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:31 am »
Hi Ann/Rod,

Really feeling bit relaxed after seeing your replies..

Sorry for bothering you again, just wanted to know if HIV transmits if penis rubbed against vagina with out condom and touched with vaginal fluids.

Would you pls tell me wat could be cause the of my light cough,throat pain, armpit burning and arm pain?

Does the Symptoms of HIV show one after another or all at once?

Is my penis burning a cause of 1st time use of condom?

Will UTI/STD show the same symptoms of HIV?

Do I need another test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 08:03:45 am »
anon,

I already told you that you don't need hiv testing. You ARE hiv negative.

As for your symptoms and your burning penis, you'll have to see a doctor. We cannot diagnose you over the internet. We can tell you, however, that it's nothing to do with hiv. You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:06 pm »
Hi Ann/Rod/Andy,

I am extremely sorry to bother you again even after sayin that I didn't have risk of HIV.

The only reason worrying me is, why was my body behaving differently after few days of the incident like body pains, jaw pains, throat irritation and arm pains and mildy still there, are those something to do with HIV.

I thing I cant missout is, after few days of the incident I started worrying very much about HIV all day and night. Will tht lead to body pains, jaw pains, throat irritation and arm pain?

Was there any chances of HIV transmitted when my condom slipped while massaging my body and vagina touched my penis?

Pls tell me if penis rubbed against vagina without condom will transmit HIV?

When is it called penetration while rubbing penis against vagina?

Pls bear with my questions, this will help me to stop worrying....

I feel like crying....pls help me...

Thanks a lot...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:45:19 am »
anon,

The only reason worrying me is, why was my body behaving differently after few days of the incident like body pains, jaw pains, throat irritation and arm pains and mildy still there, are those something to do with HIV.

No, it's nothing to do with hiv. You'll have to see your doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. We cannot diagnose you here and we won't even attempt to diagnose you.

I thing I cant missout is, after few days of the incident I started worrying very much about HIV all day and night. Will tht lead to body pains, jaw pains, throat irritation and arm pain?

Stress and worry can cause all sorts of physical problems. Talk to your doctor about this.

Was there any chances of HIV transmitted when my condom slipped while massaging my body and vagina touched my penis?

No.

Pls tell me if penis rubbed against vagina without condom will transmit HIV?

No. Rubbing genitals together is called frottage and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

When is it called penetration while rubbing penis against vagina?

Penetration is when you put your penis INSIDE another person's anus or vagina. As long as you have a condom on when you do this (and you had a condom on), then you don't need to worry about hiv.

Stop crying and get a grip of yourself. You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. If you did, we'd tell you.

You've tested negative. That's because you ARE hiv negative. You do not have hiv. See your doctor if you're not feeling well. It's nothing to do with hiv. You do not have hiv.

Please do not come back here with more symptoms. See your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:20:12 am »
Hi Ann,

Thank you v v v v v v v v much for your answers. One more last question.

If vaginal secretions/fluids/pre-cum can transmit HIV, then while frotting/rubbing genitals the secretions/fluids/pre-cum which contain HIV can be transmitted rite?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:39:33 am »
Are you actually listening to what is being said to you? It doesn't seem so.

Rubbing, handling, masturbation with vaginal secretions and other such activities are not a risk for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus which in sexual activity specifically needs the kind of setting which unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse provides.

None of the activities which you have been concerned about provide that setting as has been well proven scientifically through decades in the epidemic.

Your symptoms are in no way HIV-specific. That's not surprising since nothng you did put you at risk. If your symptoms persist and trouble you, discuss them with your doctor. We cannot diagnose here other than to say they have nothing to do with HIV, based on what you have reported to uis.

Andy Velez

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:50 pm »
Hi Andy/Ann,

Thanks for your quick replies. I once again apologize for what I hv done (asking repeatedly some questions).

Pls tell me one last time shall I go for HIV test again or shall I test for any STDs.

Thanks in advance.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 01:59:29 pm »
anon,

Re-read your thread until it sinks in. Our answers are NOT going to change. We are busy people and don't have time to continuallly repeat ourselves to one poster. Keep it up and I'll give you a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:25:27 am »
Hi Ann/Andy,

I feel very relaxed when I see your replies which says I didn't not have risk. I go thru your replies whenever I panic.

But the pain in my muscle,neck,throat and sometimes thighs is worrying me. Is it because of the stress which I had gone thru during the past 1 month?

Hope the pains are not related to HIV?

Pls help me......my sincere aplogogies for coming back with symptoms.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 05:43:31 am »
anon,

As you've already been told, you'll have to see a doctor to find out what, if anything, is wrong with you. Whatever is going on has NOTHING to do with hiv. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you've been asked to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:21 pm »
Hi Andy/Ann,

I visited a doctor for my muscle and joint pains, and he said its Polymyalgia, is it related to HIV in anyway? If No, can it be attacked suddenly?

Pls answer....and pls dont give me timeout....

I am dying of fear....

Thanks a lot in advance........God Bless...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 12:19:13 pm »
As you have been told over and over again you did not have a risk and whatever is wrong with you has nothing to do with HIV or is it related to HIV.

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 11:41:42 pm »
Hi Ann,

Your below sentence confusing me alot. Does it mean, the fluid a woman produces from Bartholin's gland while sexually aroused contain HIV?

"The fluid a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the Bartholin's glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening. I have yet to discover one shred of evidence (and believe me, I've looked) that shows this lubricating fluid to have any more hiv present than other bodily secretions such as saliva, sweat or tears. Saliva, sweat and tears are NOT infectious fluids. "

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 12:10:31 am »
human,

Stop it. Right now. You got jacked off during a massage. Big friggin deal. Yes, I know it was in a bath and yes, I understand it included frottage. Whatever. You weren't at risk for anything other than guilt in what you describe. Bartholin's gland have NOTHING to do with your situation.

Keep posting about this NO RISK situation and you'll be given a time out.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 02:19:20 am »
Hi Ann,

I am sorry to bother you with my questions, I very well know how frustrating it would be to answer the same questions repetatively.

But just to clarify, that the frottage was not done in the bath tub, rather it was outside. Some of the threads in the forum says, HIV infected fluid is found in cervical area, can that infected fluid come in contact while rubbing penis against vagina or it can be only contacted through unprotected vaginal/anal sex?

This is my last posting....pls do clarify....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 02:31:09 am »
human,

One last time, you were NOT AT RISK for hiv. Frottage, inside or outside the bath, is not a risk for hiv transmission.

Just put a condom on your dick before you put it into someone and you'll be ok. Is that clear enough for you?

Re-read your thread until it sinks into your brain. You didn't have a risk. NO RISK! Do you have any idea how tiresome it gets repeating oneself over and over again?

Keep posting about this NO RISK situation and you'll be given a time out.

This is your LAST warning

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline human.anonymous

Risk of STD
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 06:53:10 am »
Hi,

Does rubbing pennis on breast, nipples and chest of a lady cause transmission of any STD? I was not wearing any condom and my pennis was smeared with oil. What are the means of STD transmission. Does the act which I was involved in put me at risk of STD?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Risk of STD
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 07:05:11 am »
human,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re-read your entire thread. Once again you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection and you should know that going by what you learned last October and November.

Keep posting about this latest NO RISK incident and you'll quickly be given a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.