Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 09:43:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Gatherings  (Read 8419 times)

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
Gatherings
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:29:36 pm »
I just wandered into this topic a couple of days ago.  To bad it was to late for registering. But then I'm always a day late for everything.

Work keeps me stressed to the limits and I don't know if I'll fit in.

I remember the early days when I went to a clinic (all we had) and guys were in pain and suffering. I went from 1986 through 1998 without meds (CD4 above 300) then the viral load test was available. I didn't even go to dentist's because of the stigma for years.

I'd like to meet others like me. I live in Mesa, Arizona (Don't hate me because of the immigration law, I am decendant from the Spanish founders of Los Angeles and Salt River Indian on Mothers side. Scotts German on Fathers side.)

I hope that I can meet up with others like me.

Love and have a great time. Wish I could get to know you all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:34:35 pm by lforsyth »
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: Gatherings
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:40:54 pm »
I just wandered into this topic a couple of days ago.  To bad it was to late for registering. But then I'm always a day late for everything.

Actually it's never too late.  There is no registration.  While the group rate for the hotel might no longer be available, the current rack rate is pretty cheap.

Work keeps me stressed to the limits and I don't know if I'll fit in.

Um, we all felt that way at first.  Trust me, we are a rag tag group of diverse individuals, but when we all get together there's something that just happens.  Our common bond transcends all of our insecurities.  We simply have a really good time.  I don't know how else to express it.

I remember the early days when I went to a clinic (all we had) and guys were in pain and suffering. I went from 1986 through 1998 without meds (CD4 above 300) then the viral load test was available. I didn't even go to dentist's because of the stigma for years.

I remember those days too.  I seroconverted in 1983, tested positive in 1985 (?), we've been to hell and back a couple of times over.

I'd like to meet others like me.

Then if it's possible come.

I live in Mesa, Arizona (Don't hate me because of the immigration law, I am decendant from the Spanish founders of Los Angeles and Salt River Indian on Mothers side. Scotts German on Fathers side.)

Not sure how far Mesa is from LV, but if it's possible then take a chance.  (See below)

I hope that I can meet up with others like me.

We are actually a fairly sane group.  I suspect you'd feel at ease in oh I don't know, like 2 minutes.

Love and have a great time. Wish I could get to know you all.

Thanks buddy for the good wishes, and just give it some thought.

RAB   ;D

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:13:25 pm »
Actually, we are not a sane group, but then, who wants sanity...how boring!

Truthfully, it is very easy to join us.  I hope you will consider it. 

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »
Looks like there are three of us in the Phoenix-ish area...maybe we should rent a car and drive up to Vegas for the gathering.  It would only be like a 6 hour drive...I think.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:17 am »
Looks like there are three of us in the Phoenix-ish area...maybe we should rent a car and drive up to Vegas for the gathering.  It would only be like a 6 hour drive...I think.

I'm driving over from New Mexico. Mine is about an 8- or 9-hour drive. I am sure yours is shorter, probably 6.

As RAB and Gary said, we are a nice group, we come from virtually all backgrounds. I remember feeling nervous about my first gathering.

It was Montreal and, after a day of airports, customs and shuttle buses, I was dragging my way oversized suitcase down the block and I heard RAB yell out, "Here is comes!"

They had all been waiting for me outside the hotel. RAB, Jan and I had our first dinner together that night.

I came home so ... so .... so... well, I have a hard time describing it, but my heart was fairly bursting from the love, support and camaraderie I had experienced.

I have never forgotten that and now, these people are family to me. Actually, they were from the moment I finally met them face-to-face.

While I was unable to make it to the official AMG in London this year, I read with great joy and satisfaction that those who did experienced the same emotions.

There are really no words to describe how I feel about my people here. But I am ever so grateful for the day I found them.

Please, come to our Las Vegas gathering if you are able, even if just for a few days. I believe you won't regret it.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:08:03 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:10:42 am »
I, personally, have been contemplating driving up.  The only thing that has prevented me from making the decision so far is that my kids start homeschool the week before the Vegas meet.  I'm trying to figure out a why to make it up without causing too much school disruption.  And I don't think my hubs would be too keen on me driving that distance by myself....ya know cause of all the hoodlams and creeping marauders.

I'm still mulling it over.  It might come down to some last minute super planning but I'm still trying even if I have to stay at like the Best Western or Motel 6.

~Hippie
~Katie~

Offline Dennis

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 11:07:25 am »
I, personally, have been contemplating driving up.  The only thing that has prevented me from making the decision so far is that my kids start homeschool the week before the Vegas meet.  I'm trying to figure out a why to make it up without causing too much school disruption.  And I don't think my hubs would be too keen on me driving that distance by myself....ya know cause of all the hoodlams and creeping marauders.

I'm still mulling it over.  It might come down to some last minute super planning but I'm still trying even if I have to stay at like the Best Western or Motel 6.

~Hippie

Please shoot me a pm if you decide to attend. I will attempt to secure a room at the group rate. Although, as Rab pointed out, rack rate is not much more.

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:31:24 pm »
Ok I've decided to go. (Sorry to hijack the OP's thread)  I looked up the Stratosphere and I'm still finding some good deals.  I'd rather stay there where this is safety in numbers.  I will work on booking my room today and then I'll talk to my sister, she works for a rental car company and can get me a good deal for the weekend.  I'll post my arrival and hotel stuff in the other thread when I get it booked.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind.  ;) And I am really looking forward to meeting everyone who will be there.

~Hippie
~Katie~

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 05:14:07 pm »
YAY! More friends!! Looking forward to seeing you in LV!

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:42 am »
I booked a pool side room 8/4 through 8/8.

My dog Bleu is getting a vacation from me even through he starts shaking in the car all the way to the kennel.  They told me he's happy as can be once they get him past where he can't see me in the lobby.  He'll get play times and pool times with treats every day and a good grooming before I pick him up.

Don't know if I could do the jumping thing, having problems with arthritis in my neck that affects the nerves to my left side.  No fun getting old.

RAB: what's the story about an initiation? Is Spanking involved? I used to go to the San Francisco Mens Spanking parties. a couple of years ago.  Hands and Belts are my favorite, even got flogged a few times. I'm turning 61 this weekend so maybe a good old Birthday Spanking will be a good excuse (LOL).

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 11:44:05 am »
So glad yall are coming Hippie and Il!

You will have the best time! Within 2 minutes you will feel like your amongst long lost friends! I cant wait to meet yall.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »
lforsyte and hippie lady.

Don't forget to bring your beads. (this applies to both of you.)

It will be nice to meet you both.

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:24 pm »
lforsyte and hippie lady.

Don't forget to bring your beads. (this applies to both of you.)

It will be nice to meet you both.

What type of beads are you speaking of?  There are many types...Mardi Gras beads, prayer beads, anal beads.....lots of types of beads out there.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you as well. ;)
~Katie~

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
What type of beads are you speaking of?  There are many types...Mardi Gras beads, prayer beads, anal beads.....lots of types of beads out there.

uhh, your gonna need them all, especially the prayer beads.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.