Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:44:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 366
Total: 368

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues  (Read 49947 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:55:38 am »
Hey ladies,

Netta, good luck with the move!  You must be excited.

Another week.  Nothing planned for today other than the temp job.  I just thought I'd start a new thread, since it was time.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline camille07

Re: Ladies Thread #61-Say good-bye to the Winter blues
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:58:58 am »
Is it really summer?  Because here in jersey it's still raining  :-\

Queen-  I had hauls cough drops this winter.  They were sugar free but didn't realize it.  I started cramping and before you know it, I had the same problem you were dealing with.
I'm don't know very much about diabetes but I'm guessing you and Betty and Mini all have type 1?

Just posting quickly today.  Didn't sleep very well.  Have a good one ladies.

Camms

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:39:19 am »
Cam, I'm not sure about what type Mim has, but her's is controlled, for now, by diet only.  Betty and Queen have  to take meds.  We've been told that oral meds may be in Mim's future, but they want to wait until after she hits puberty.  When you were on Advair, did it make you sleepy and overly thirsty? What about headaches?  I don't like abuterol. It raises my heart rate and makes me jittery.  I use it as a last (and desperate) resort.

Netta, good luck with the move!

Betty, have fun at work today.  Thanks for starting the new thread.  My pulmonary test is this afternoon followed by my Yoga class.  Boys are mowing the grass so not a very good lung day.  I'd love to have a breathing treatment (even with the jitters)  about now, but don't want to risk messing up the test results. 

Nothing else going on today.  Weather was sunny yesterday, so I did the laundry and hung it all out to dry.  Supposed to be dry here until Thursday - longest stretch of dry we've had so far.  Working hard to keep up with the laundry before it pours the rain again.  I may end up sneaking in a nap before lunch.

Make it a good one, ladies!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 01:48:26 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Netta, good luck with the move. I'll be doing it soon.

Betty&Mum---I am still drinking the crystal lite. The cramps are basically gone except for every now and then. I think I am actually pretty good with my diet except when it comes to stuff like rice and potatoes. I just love them. I usually don't eat candy much at all. I usually go for fruit instead. I have have type 2 diabetes. Type 1 is when you have it as a child isn't it? I have been diabetic for about 5 years now. It's hereditary so it was inevitable. I bitch a lot but I don't think my high sugar, which is usually in the high 200's is that bad. I use to know people who would run in the 500-600 range. I have increased my insulin to 56 units. It seems to be doing something, yesterday it was 197 and today it was 138.

Not doing much today. I have to tidy up a little bit, the section 8 inspector is suppose to come tomorrow. I also found out that NY section 8 gives you a year to find a place. Here they give you 60 days. But I am sure I will find a place before a year is up. When I go back in 10 days (yep, still counting), one of the things I will be doing is looking for a place. I have already mailed out one application for an apartment building in Astoria.

It's finally warm today. My bff is bbqing so I may go up there later for a burger. Tonight is RAW so I will be watching that. Wonders if Tendai has caught up with me yet. I don't want to give anything away...

Toodles...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:30 pm »
Hey all!

Betty- Thanks for starting the new thread. How did the new temp job go?

Queen- I am sure these are going to be the 10 longest days.... ;D

Camms- We finally snapped out of the "June Gloom" and the sun has come out...YAY!

Mum- I have always wanted to do Yoga and Pilates but I am intimidated since I have no idea what to do.

Nothing really going on here. Went to the gym today, which I have been doing everyday for a week now. I don't have an excuse anymore.  ;) In between that I've just been reading. Right now I am reading The Last Picture Show. I know it was a movie but I've never seen it and the books that movies are based on are usually WAY better. I also gave my dog a bath, which she loves...go figure. That's all.

Have a good evening everyone!
Andrea :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 05:52:27 am »
Morning ladies,

Camms, it's been raining tons here also.  And getting very uncomfortable outside (hot and humidity wise).  I don't know what's going on with all this moisture.  I'm type II diabetic also.

Mum, when will you get the results of your pulmonary tests?  I hope you were finally able to breathe yesterday.

Queen, believe me, I can tell people about how to keep their blood sugar lower better than I do my own.  It's very hard for me to stay away from things like chips and chocolate.  My blood sugar has been running around 90-130 in the mornings, and a bit higher in the evenings (sometimes much higher).  The medical establishment doesn't consider my sugar high unless it gets above 140.     Good luck finding an apartment in NY.  I know you can't wait to get back.

Andrea, wow, I can't believe you're going to the gym.  Are you feeling better as a result?  People who go regularly seem to. 

Something's going on with my computer, and I'm not sure what it is.  The screen is bouncing around when I type.  I don't know what causes that.  I hope I didn't get a virus.  It's extremely frustrating, so I'm going to end here.  I hope you all have a good day.

I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline camille07

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:24 am »
Hey Ladies-

The couch is becoming is real old now.  It's been about 6 days now but I'm getting out for a little while today.  I need to go to unemployment and will daintily have an ice pack in my pants.  I hope it doesn't leak.

Betty-  did you have that computer issue only on the poz site.  The same thing happened to me too just a second ago.  I hit the "page up" button to stop it.  I don't think it's a virus if this is the only site it occurred.

Mum- Advair made me shaky.  A friend uses Advair and she gets a little loopy when she first inhales it.  I think it affects everyone differently.  How are you feeling today?

Andrea-  Good for you.  Are you working specifically on cardio or strength training or combo.

Well, I have to run.  Run is extremely exaggerated btw.

Enjoy the sun if you've got it. 

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:34 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- I just had a major virus problem with my computer. I hope that's not what is going on with yours. As far as working out goes, I am the point where I have to. I do feel good after  :)

Camms- Recovering is always the worst. I would be getting bored too. I'm glad everything went ok. I am doing the whole thing at the gym. I have got to lose weight. I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I can't stand it.

Nothing really planned today. I am going to read another book. I just finished The Last Picture Show. Very good book. Of course I have to hit the gym as well... :)

Talk to you all later!
Andrea

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:33:47 am »
Morning Ladies---

I have this inspection today between 1-3. It'll take a whole 5 minutes. I'm up trying to get the cobwebs out. Actually, my hip was bothering me for some reason. It wasn't a cramp but something else. Hard to explain. I'm guessing I slept on it wrong.

The weather has been nice the past few days. It's suppose to be 80 today and 81 tomorrow. Did anyone know about the debit card you can get from Social Security? They put your payments on the card. I just got mine yesterday. It was right on time for everything that this going on plus my prepaid card expired this month.

Viv- You sure read a lot of books. I remember when I use to enjoy reading..*sighs* Seems like everyone is having problems with their computer. Mine was acting up too. I had to do a System Restore. I can't reformat anymore with the Windows XP disk. It says something about I have a more updated version than the disk or something. And I refuse to get Vista.

Betty-- The last time I saw a doctor, he told me to check just my fasting sugars in the morning when I get up. So, that is the only time I check it. How often should you check it? How many hours after meals? I remember the doctor saying I should eat five times a day. Not likely unless I'm smoking on some good green. That is usually when I eat something I shouldn't. But lately I have really been trying hard to eat/drink the right things. Speaking of which I need to check it now....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:46:25 am »
Morning all,

Camms, yes, the screen was only bouncing around on this site.  It's better right now.   How are you feeling?  I hope the healing is coming along uneventfully.

Andrea, that's good that you like working out.  I can work out, it's the dieting part that I have a hard time with.

Queen, I check my sugar usually twice a day.  Once in the morning right when I get up, and once in the late afternoon, about 4 or 5 hours after I've eaten lunch, which is my biggest meal. Sometimes, if I feel like it's high, I'll check it also.  I've heard about people eating 5-6 small meals a day; I don't do that.  I think more because I was never raised that way, and never lived that way, so it's harder to do it now.  Do you have fast-acting Insulin?  Because I have two different kinds.  I have the Lantus, which is the slow-acting, and I have Humulin-R, which is fast acting.  It will bring down a high sugar within two hours.  I was just wondering, because I have a friend who, until I told him about it, never heard of fast-acting.  I don't know why doctors don't tell some people about it.  I also take Metformin (pills).  1000 mgs twice a day. 

The temp today is supposed to be 92, and they're saying with the humidity factored in, it's supposed feel like 95-100.  OK, the screen is jumping around again, so that's it for now.

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 08:06:00 am »
Betty, that's what's been happening to me for a few months.  My posts get to a certain length and then the screen starts bouncing around.  I can't stand it - makes me motion sick.  Happens with my PM's, too.  Not sure what's up, but I know it's not my computer.

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 01:48:39 pm »
Good morning!

Betty- I am totally the same way. I do not want to give up any food so I figure I have to do something.

Queen- I love to read. Unfortunately, I don't have the same time I used to so I try to get as much in during the summer as I can.

Well, I am babysitting today so I'll be picking up some spending money. LOL! I also found out yesterday that next year I am going to be teaching 1st grade. What a surprise! I have been teaching for 8 years and have only taught 5th grade. It will be a a definite change. I am excited and scared. I am also sad because I won't be working with my partner anymore... :'( I hope I can handle the 6 year olds!

Talk to you all later!
Andrea

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:23:35 pm »
Queen, I check my sugar usually twice a day.  Once in the morning right when I get up, and once in the late afternoon, about 4 or 5 hours after I've eaten lunch, which is my biggest meal. Sometimes, if I feel like it's high, I'll check it also.  I've heard about people eating 5-6 small meals a day; I don't do that.  I think more because I was never raised that way, and never lived that way, so it's harder to do it now.  Do you have fast-acting Insulin?  Because I have two different kinds.  I have the Lantus, which is the slow-acting, and I have Humulin-R, which is fast acting.  It will bring down a high sugar within two hours.  I was just wondering, because I have a friend who, until I told him about it, never heard of fast-acting.  I don't know why doctors don't tell some people about it.  I also take Metformin (pills).  1000 mgs twice a day. 

That's the thing. I don't usually get up like everyone else. I usually sleep in til around 11 and doesn't eat til after 4. Speaking of which I need to get my meatloaf going.. :D I don't know anything about a fast acting insulin. I use to be to metformin but stopped because I was having terrible cramps. And does the fast acting insulin come in a pen like Lantus? I really don't like syringes or needles all like that. The pen is easier for me to manage. Today my fasting sugar which I just took like 20 minutes ago was 87, that's damn good and I don't feel jittery.

Since today was garbage day, I went through some closets and old mail throwing them out. In the end it came to about 3 bags including the kitchen garbage. I really don't have a whole lot to pack. I have already given my livingroom furniture to my best friend. She really needs it and I want something new once I get to NY. 8 days and counting....YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Well, I am off to get this meatloaf started...TTFN
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline camille07

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 07:33:59 pm »
Hey Ladies

Andrea-  That's a big age difference.  Did you put in a request of some sort or was completely a decision made by the administration?

Betty - Today I noticed a big difference on the recovery until my little cat jumped on my abdomen.  When I first got her I had to sleep on my stomach because she has this need to jump on my stomach, from high places.  So for the last 11 years I've slept on my stomach except for the last few nights.  I slept in my bed for the first time since the surgery and I was on my back.  And darn her, she took the leap.  

Anyway I have great news.  I got the pathology report today and it was a benign growth, besides the cysts.  That really made me sooo happy.  

Here's to night of peace and relaxation.

Have a good one,

Camms

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:38:23 pm »
Drug name: Humulin R Pen FDA application number:  018780
Active ingredients:  Insulin Recombinant Human
Company:  Lilly
Original Approval or Tentative Approval Date:  1982-10-28
Chemical Type:  1 New Molecular Entity (nme);
Review Classification:  S Standard Review Drug
Strength:  100 Units/ml
Dosage Form/Route:  Injectable; Injection
Marketing Status: Over-the-counter
RLD: 0
TE code: None
Type: Brand Name Drug

tendai

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 05:09:46 am »
im just going to jump in here. he wants us to go and get tested together. i havent disclosed yet. im thinking we should just do that and get it over with. that way i also know a his status

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 05:57:36 am »
Morning all,

Mum, yeah, it (the typing) only jumps around on this site. I don't know why that is, but it's aggravating.

Andrea, they are just switching you to 1st grade?  That's kind of a big difference.

Queen, I've never used a pen, so I don't even really know what those are like.  I use a needle.  But, the spike is extremely thin, so I don't really feel it except for the initial "pinch."  Your fasting sugar was really good.  When mine gets in the 80's, I start to get a little shakey.

Tendai, I'm sorry, I don't remember what you're talking about.  Good to hear from you though.

I have nothing exciting to report.  Still doing the temp job and enjoying it.  I see a lot of different kinds of people, and I like working with them.  Now if I could just find a regular job, that would be great.  You all have a good day.

Edited to add:  Camms, I am so sorry I didn't say this sooner-great news!!!  Thank goodness that's over.  I read it this morning, but my mind wasn't awake.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:23:47 pm by BT65 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 07:24:13 am »
Great news, Cam!  I know you are relieved.  After my 1st surgery (13 inch incision that started at my sternum and went until it there was nothing else to cut ;)), I couldn't climb the stairs to my bedroom.  My parents rented a bed and put it downstairs in the den.  Everytime I got up to go to the bathroom, our stupid cat, Nigel, would attack my ankles.  He'd grab on with his claws and start biting.  I could hardly walk more than a shuffle as it was.  The more I'd try to get him off, the deeper he sunk his claws.  The idiot would hang on until I got back in bed, then he'd let go.  I think he was sneaking my Demarol.  So, wanting to be helpful, my brother decided one night to lock up the cat.  Problem was - he locked him in the bathroom :-\

Andrea, I like 1st graders better than 5th graders.  At that age, I'm still an adult and they still like to learn. 5th graders now a days are taller than I am and have bad know-it-all attitudes. I think you'll like it much better. (wonder if I'll be eating those words come December)

Queen, in 8 days you are moving for good, or just going to find a place?  Will you be staying in NYC or on the outskirts?  You must be over the moon excited.

Nothing special happening today.  More laundry - story of my life.  The kids have been doing school work in the mornings.  I'll switch it to the afternoons since the mornings are bearable weatherwise and the afternoons are so stinkin' muggy and hot.  Ok, screen is jumping - my signal to sign off.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:32 am »
Good Morning!

Tendai- I'm confused too. Do tell.... :)

Betty- What's the temp job this time? Do you basically do the same things?

Mum- LOL! That cat story was funny! I actually love the 5th graders and yes, most of them are as tall as I am. They think it's funny.

Basically what happened is I went into school to get a list of my student's addresses so I could send out the thank you cards for the end of the year gifts I received...yeah I know, a little late. My principal saw me and called me in her office and asked if I was still interested in going down to primary. I was interested a few years ago but I was told that 5th grade was a difficult grade to find teachers for and so I just resigned myself to the idea that I would probably teach that grade for a long time. That was fine because I totally love the grade and I am comfortable with the curriculum. Well, anyways...she said she was thinking of moving me down to first grade and she would let me know. I told her I was open although I did prefer 5th and low and behold, I got a phone call saying I would be in 1st! I told my partner and both of us are sad. We have worked together for 8 years. I am nervous but I think it will be good. Ok, so I have rambled on enough. I need to finish my coffee. Have a good day! :)

Offline minismom

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:11 am »
Good morning, ladies!  It rained and poured all night last night.  Now it's just hot and muggy. 

I realized that I've never told you all how my testing went on Monday.  Well, it wasn't so good.  It showed that my lung capacity was with in normal limits (79%) :-\  What the test didn't show and the tech never wrote down was that it took me 8 tries to get 4 results she could use.  Also, after each "test", I was light-headed, my heart rate went up and I broke out in a sweat.  The tech said the results were most likely due to me being on meds for a week and shows that they are working.  I go back to see my doctor July 6th.  We're going to talk about allergy testing and an echo.  In the 12 days since I've started my meds, I've only needed my rescue inhaler twice.  Both times were last Saturday when I also had to take major allergy meds and 3 breathing treatments.  The meds are working and making a big difference. It's nice to be able to breathe.

Nothing much happening today.  I need to do laundry, but it looks like rain and I don't want to use the dryer.  Thinking of taking the kids to see a movie tomorrow - not even sure what's playing.  Anyone have plans for the weekend?

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 07:44:40 pm »
Its hotter than hell here. 100 degrees outside right now. yuck

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:37 pm »
Ugh, not a very good day for me. I went to go see my audiologist today. He did another hearing test on me. Long story short, the hearing in my left ear is shot. I can hear sounds but I can't make out words anymore. He says that this could be caused by my diabetes but I have to see Dr. Martin on Tuesday for additional tests. A friend of mine said hiv meds could cause my hearing loss but I am not really feeling that explanation because I wasn't on meds when I lost my hearing 3 years ago. Ed, the audiologist, says now that people are going to have to stand directly in front of me to talk to me so I can read lips. I don't know how to read lips. Or they will have to text message me. The bf and I have been bickering about it as well because he gets irritated when he has to repeat himself or yell in the phone in order for me to hear him. And I have a phone specifically for the hearing impaired.

I am scared and depressed. I am scared about these tests they want to do. All I keep thinking is they're going to be sticking shit down my ear. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to be awake for it but I am sure I will have to be. Depressed because no one can tell me why I lost my hearing in the first place or why I am losing it so quickly in my left ear. Like I don't have enough shit going on right now. Excuse my cussing but I am just really upset.

This sucks on so many levels..... :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 08:26:20 am »
Hey ladies,

Queen, I am so sorry this is happening to you.  I can't even imagine the fear you must have.  Know that I'm thinking about you and wishing for the best. :-*

Mum, I'm glad at least that the meds are working.  I hope you can get to the point where you won't ever need your rescue inhaler.

Wendy, it's been extremely hot and humid here as well, but probably not as bad as it is there.  It's been running in the 90's with high humidity.

Andrea, the job I have now is that I take people's information (their personal info, what they've got coming in to what they've got going out), find out what their dilemma is, talk to the boss to see what can be done, and talk to the people to try to figure out how to not get in the predicament again.  I like it a lot.  When I'm done with the temp thing, if I don't have a job, I may volunteer there.

This evening is the monthly NA speaker jam thing.  I'll probably go to that.  I'm supposed to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon.  And a store by me is having a super sale, so I may go to that and see what's so super about it.  The screen is jumping again.  I wish I knew what was causing that.  Anyway, you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 01:43:10 pm »
Queen, I'm so sorry about your hearing loss.  I'm not sure what types of tests they are thinking about, but one of the tests that our daughter had was to see what was causing the loss: cillia damage, nerve damage, ear drum damage, bone damage, ect.  All they did was look in her ear with some high-powered earscope thing.  It looked like what the docs use to check your ears, but it had a small camera inside it so we could see a magnified picture on a TV screen.  Didn't hurt and was really pretty interesting. 

Have you had an ABR done?  It's when they put headphones on you and make a series of beeps.  It takes about 20 minutes but you can't move or talk while they do it.  It sends sounds at different decibel levels into your ear then somehow measures how the brain response to the sounds at different frequencies.  They had to put our daughter to sleep for the test so she wouldn't move around, but adults have the test done awake.  It's a more accurate test and I believe is how they check for nerve damage.  Doesn't hurt, just hard to stay perfectly still for long.

I have another question for you.  You have the biggest loss in your left ear, yes?  Do you notice that ear drains more or that you have more wax in it?  Our daugher's biggest loss is in her right ear and I have the hardest time keeping it clean.  Her left ear is rarely waxy, but her right one has enough to start a candle factory.  Just wondering if there's a coorelation.

Betty, I'm glad you're liking your job.  Any change it will become perminant?  UGGG!  Screen jumping again.  Have a good one, ladies.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 04:56:23 pm »
Thanks Mum and Betty. Yes, Mum, I just had the ABR test done on Thursday. He also did a series of words, like 24. And I had to repeat them back to him. Out of 24, I only got 4 words right with left ear. And yes, my left ear tends to be more waxy than the right. I hope that is all they will do is look in my ear with that thing you're talking about. I can barely sit still when they do clean the wax out my ear. It's really unnerving to say the least. And I am usually clutching the chair for dear life.

Betty-- Your job sounds interesting and you would volunteer? It shows how much you care. You don't see that too often.

I am a bit pissed off with my building manager. I need a letter from her that says the apartment is in good condition and she doesn't want to give it to me til I move. I understand her reason, cause the last tenant trashed the place. I saw that with my own eyes. But she is now causing a problem for me with Section 8. They will not fax my information to NY without that letter. I have even invited her over to see for herself but got no response to that email. I still have to meet with Section 8 on the 16th. So this time I will only be in NY for about 2 weeks. But will be going back shortly after my gyn appointment. Can you tell I don't want to be here anymore.. :-\

I am looking forward to seeing my PCP next week cause I got a lot I want to say to him. My sugar crashed on me when I got up this morning. It was 61 and I was jittery as ever. Mixed some sugar in my crystal light and I seem to be fine. I then went over my bff's house and commenced to eating her out of house and home. Oh, I have food, just nothing sweet... ;D

Now I am going to relax for a bit and cook some dinner a bit later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 06:24:36 am »
Hi everyone,
I know it's been a while since my last post. My mother in law was very sick and then died of multi system organ failure caused by sepsis. I miss her a lot. :'(
After that it was make up time with Doctors and Therapists for Lucas. We just got caught up in time to go on vacation. We did the Lincoln Highway from Omaha Nebraska to Salt Lake City Utah. We had a great time and got to see a lot of the country. Then it was make up time again LOL.
Anyway things are going alright here now. Lucas had his evaluation and will be going to a LIU preschool this fall. I'll find out next month how many days. He saw an orthopedist on Monday and has lost a little weight again ???. 24# 12oz and 34" tall. The doctor said things overall looked good, but Lucas will probably need braces at least until kindergarten / first grade :'(.
Well enough about us. I've missed everyone,but haven't had time to read everything I've missed.

Betty - All done with school for good? I'm glad you like your temp job and hope it becomes permanent.

Mum - Still no real answers on what is causing Mims problems? She stays in my prayers. I'll add you and your lungs also.

Queen - I hope you get some answers with these test. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be not knowing what is causing the hearing loss.

Vivyt - Good luck with the grade change. I know you'll do fine ;D.
Well I'm actually doing this at work so I better go. Take care everyone ;).

Amy

Offline minismom

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 06:40:44 am »
Mom, good to hear from you.  Vacations are always a good thing even though as moms it's rarely a vacation for us.  Mim has had weight loss issues, too.  She lost 3lbs in about a month.  She'll soon be 9 and weighs 48.7lbs - down from 51.  We see her ID doc the end of July.  He'd like to see her gain back those 3lbs and a few more.  Not sure what's causing the weight loss, though, since she's still eating us out of house and home.  I'm hoping it was just her body adjusting to the new meds. 

Mim also wore braces from the time she was about a year old until she was 5 or 6.  The only reason they "made" her stop wearing them was because they were causing part of her calf muscle to atrophy and part of it to be pushed up behind her knee.  One of her dolls now wears her 1st pair of braces - the foot was only a few inches long.  We found it easiest to buy lace up shoes in a 1/2 size bigger and wide.  Then, we didn't run the laces through every hole.  The shoe has to be tight, but make sure they don't cut off the circulation in his foot (been there, done that).  When Mim had her's, they brought out a big book so that she could pick the color and design.  Her 1st pair were white with purple straps, her last pair were pink with Barbies on it.  She's going back to see a new Ortho guy and a rheumatologist the end of Aug.

Queen, have you tried Debrox?  It's an over the counter drop that you put in your ears.  I put them in our daughter's right ear a few times a week before bed.  It loosens the wax and makes it easier for me keep clean.  I also quit using Q-tips that can impact the wax against the eardrum.  Instead, I put warm water in a syringe, tilt her head over, and squirt in the water.  It takes about 4 or 5 times, but does a much better job .  Might be worth a try.

Not much planned today.  Going over to a friend's house after church for a lupper.  She's making kabobs and corn on the cob.  I'm bringing fruit salad and home made bread.  Should be lots of fun.  Weather is cooler today - 80 - but going to rain, of course.  Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!  take care.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
Hello all,

Mum, I wish this job would become permanent.  But, no, it was originally a volunteer position.  And the place I'm getting paid through isn't the job itself-it's Goodwill.   There's a job placement lady at Goodwill who's trying to help me get a job, but until then, there are a couple "work experiences," (that's what they're called) I can do.  I did one at that church a couple months ago, this one, then I have one more I can do.  Anyway, has Mim grown any?  It could be her weight slimmed for a second if she did grow.

Queen, I hope you get that letter from your building manager.   I hate it when my sugar crashes.  It takes a lot for it to come back up.  I usually drink a regular soda to bring it up right away. 

#1, good to hear from you!  Sorry about your mother-in-law.  I had sepsis about 10 years ago, and went into a coma.  I got the sepsis from a bladder infection that wasn't responding to the antibiotics I was given.  Again, I'm very sorry.  Sounds like you had a good vacation.

Today I have to do laundry and make some brownies.  It's only supposed to be 81 today, which will be a nice change.  I shut my air off for awhile.  That's about it for me.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 02:26:16 pm »
Queen, have you tried Debrox?  It's an over the counter drop that you put in your ears.  I put them in our daughter's right ear a few times a week before bed.  It loosens the wax and makes it easier for me keep clean.  I also quit using Q-tips that can impact the wax against the eardrum.  Instead, I put warm water in a syringe, tilt her head over, and squirt in the water.  It takes about 4 or 5 times, but does a much better job .  Might be worth a try.

Yes, I have tried Debrox, it doesn't seem to do anything. I still have some left. I have been told not to use Q-tips but since the Debrox isn't working I don't know what to do. Someone told me to try peroxide in my ears. I have done that a few times but not regularly. When u use a syringe do you actually see the wax coming out? I never had this problem til I started wearing hearing aids.

Not doing anything today but some laundry. 4 days til I am back in New York. Cindy and Keeping, you ladies need to give me your cell numbers again since I have a new phone now.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 05:09:10 pm »
Hi all back from vacation, the beach was wonderful and the weather held out. I enjoyed just relaxing and having some down time. Work has been crazy and I needed some alone time. I Missed you all and I am reading the new thread to get caught up.  I hope everyone is doing ok.  Mary

Offline vivyt

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »
Hey everyone!

I have done nothing today and it has been nice. I took the dog for a walk this morning but that's it. I was going to do some laundry but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Last night I went to a coworkers wedding and that was nice. Nothing else going on. My mom will be out here this week so I am happy about that.  ;D

That's all. Hope everyone has a good day!

P.S. Betty-Those brownies sure sound good!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:46 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I know you're anxious to get back to NY.  It's almost here!

Mary, glad you had a good vacation.

Andrea, have fun with your mom.  Any plans?

Just another morning for me.  My sugar was a bit high this morning, but that's from eating brownies last night.  Nothing exciting going on.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 07:27:05 am »
HALLELUJAH!!!!  The in-laws have left the country - I'm "safe" for another year (or 2 or 10). ;D

Betty, I didn't know that Goodwill helped with job placements outside of their store.  That's really cool, though.  You could always come live with us and be our live-in counsoler - goodness knows there are days....

Queen, what you see is "stuff" floating in the water (we catch it in a little bowl).  If the wax is impacted, it will come out as a big glump.  When it comes to the ear opening, we grab it with tweezers. I bet you are over the moon about going back to NY.

Mary, glad you had a good time and made it home safely.

Andrea, have a great time with your mom.  I'd love to have my mom to myself for a few days.

Yesterday, we went to our friends' house for lupper.  The food was wonderful and the company divine.  It's been YEARS since we've done anything like that.  They have 2 girls and all 8 kids get along so well - no fighting or territorial stuff.  We'll have them over for supper in the next few weeks.

Hubby built a secretary for my Saturday night.  Now I need to clean out my cabinets and my pantry.  Our kitchen is teeny with hardly any cabinets.  A few years ago, Hubby built a pantry, but it's HUGE.  Hard to get around with our ever-growing table.  We're hoping to be able to move stuff around to the secretary (less than 1/2 the size of the pantry) and cabinets so we have more room.  Other than that and the laundry, nothing going on until Yoga tonight.  Temps getting into the low 70Fs this week.  I can't WAIT.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 01:41:12 pm »
Hello ladies,
nothing much going on here. Just getting settled in. Moving was a horror, it was 102 degrees! and has been very hot since. You can't do anything but move in  slow motion when outside. Me and my dh have been exhausted! unpacking is finally done. the house is in need of some tlc. We are painting. even though we are leasing, we want to bring the house up to par. I
love being here in the quietness.We have only 2 neighbors on our left side. the right side of us is woods and across the street woods. WE are not near the lake, but it is not far. We have a lot of bugs which comes with nature! I am planning on getting a dog. My preference is a german sheppard. I love these dogs. We only have a partial  chickenwire fence, so I would be getting an invisable fence, which cost some money, but most people have them out here.I will have to save up for the dog, but determined to get one. Your dog has to be on a leash when out.have not been able to enjoy outside yet, do to the heat, but we have a deck. houses cost money, we have to buy a lawnmower and all to keep up with the yard. I want the dog to be able to run around in the yard..german shepard puppies are going for 350.00 dollars here! which is not bad , compared to prices Ive looked up on the internet, they go for anywhere from 350. up to 2.000. I would adopt one if I could fine a puppy.,Because of the girls, we need to raise a puppy, the little one is a little scared around dogs, but getting over that. Hope all is well. welcome to the new ladies!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:48:49 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 02:14:04 pm »
HI Ladies!
Queen- Sorry to hear about your hearing, I hope the tests go well. 
Camms- YAAH!  Good to hear on your test results!
BT-The weather here has been crazy, we have been getting rain almost every day and it is humid.
Netta- Glad to hear you survived the move.  When I first moved here, my sister in law watched the kids for us and she got scared when it got dark because of the woods and the only noise she heard was the crickets :)  Check out Craigslist for things you need for the house, you can find some real good deals. Just make sure you go with your DH and meet in a public place.
Viv- Too bad you are not closer, you could practice on my 3some, they are all going into 1st grade next year.
Mum- How have you and Mim been feeling? Your husband must be really talented, he built the whole thing in one day? That is one of the those longish, table like things to put serving plates on with storage underneath?  I might be confused??
#1- Sorry to hear about your MIL.
HI Win, Ten, Keeping and everyone else.
I am hoping it is just a blip but when I went to the docs last week, I wasn't undetectable anymore :-\ Most likely it is due to all the stress I have been under but we will see. I got drawn again and have to call later this week.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 05:53:45 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I'm glad the in-laws are gone.  You didn't say much when they were here, so I'm taking it the visit wasn't too bad?   

Netta, I hate bugs, so I probably wouldn't do good in a property near the woods.  It drives me crazy to get a fly in my apartment.  I'm glad you like it, though.

Snow, I know t-cells can drop a bit because of stress, so I'm assuming maybe viral loads can go up a bit, not sure.  If Ann reads this, maybe she'll chime in.  Hopefully it's just a "thing," and your recheck will be alright.

Well, nothing much going on.  Someone was knocking on my neighbor's door (the ones who live in the middle apartment).  Their door is just outside my kitchen window.  I said "good Lord," when the person knocked, as it's only 5:something in the morning.  The person asked me through the window if the people in the apartment own the Kia out front. I think they do, so I said "yes."  Well, when the neighbor answered the door, the person told them someone busted out one of the windows.  I thought "who the hell would do that?"  I believe it is their vehicle, because I can hear them going in and out of the apartment.  I hope they have good insurance.           Other than work today, I don't think I have anything planned.  Oh, I forgot to mention.  Saturday, I'm supposed to be going to this concert at the ballpark in South Bend.  It's Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, and John Mellencamp.  My brother and his girlfriend got that for my graduation.  I hope it's decent weather, and that we get decent seating.           OK, jumping screen.  You all have a good day.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 06:06:39 am »
Snow, Your VL is probably just a blip. VL tests aren't approved for diagnostic purposes because they sometimes come back with false positive results - in other words, the VL comes back with a small number, usually under 1 or 2,000, when the person doesn't even have hiv. The tests aren't perfect all the time.

Betty, that's weird that your screen keeps jumping. You might want to try using the "quick reply" thingy. If you go into your profile (Look and Layout Preferences), you can change it in the drop-down list there to have it always show under the last post in a thread. It's a lot easier - and maybe it won't jump on you.

I've not been posting in here lately - mainly because I have a hard time keeping up with everyone. Yes, I'm lazy. Hey, it's summer. ;)

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline minismom

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 04:59:14 pm »
Betty, they never did come here to visit - thank goodness!  I'm "safe" because now they're home and definately not coming any time soon.  Although, we heard the news about Honduras yesterday morning.  The truth is NOTHING like the media is portraying it.  Hubby called his folks (they're from Honduras and "home" is La Ceiba, Honduras) and they told him what's really happening.  I won't get in to it here, but just suffice it to say that there was NO military coup and unseating the president was done exactly as their constitution allowed and was ordered by the legislature and their Supreme Court.  OK, off my soap box.

Snow, our cabinet looks like a tall bookcase with doors.  We went back today and bought some wire baskets and a closet thingy to organize our cabinets and the livingroom closet that's now an over-flow closet for papertowels, bread, canned goods, and stuff that we keep several of or don't use all the time like the mixer, bread maker, and the like. 

Netta, I HATE moving.  LOL - we moved into our house in January (2001) in the middle of the snow.  It wasn't a picnic, either.  We live in the wild woods and I love it.  We have dead people on one side and horses on the other.  Perfect neighbors and they never complain about the noise or when one of the boys pees off the back porch.

Tomorrow we're taking the kids to see the new "Ice Age" movie - regular version, not 3-D.  Weather here was perfect today - 70F with more promised for the rest of the week.  I LOVE this weather.  It never has to get hot again.  Screen's jumping again, so time to sigh off.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2009, 05:24:24 pm »
Hello---

I went to my ear appointment. I was dreading it and hoping it was going to be the little light thingy Mum was talking about. After Dr. Martin looked over my hearing test and in my ear, he decided to consult with my original ear doctor, Dr. Lipman. It was decided that I should get a tube put in my ear and take steroid drops.Outcome is 50-50 but is a chance I could gain back some of my hearing. I found out I only have 14 percent in the left ear. I was not thrilled about the idea of a needle going in my ear but I felt like I really didn't have a choice and hoping there's a chance that the steroids might help. Now the pain killer is wearing off and my ear is starting to hurt. But the pain is running down into my jawline. I also have to drop an antibiotic in my ear once a day. I also have to get some blood drawn for about 12 tests.

Nothing else going on but Extreme Home Makeover has stopped in our quaint little city to help a 70 year old lady with her house. I believe they said Mary J. Blige was here too. We don't get many celebrities in these parts and especially not around the corner from my house. Did I mention that I gave my furniture away to my bff. Now my livingroom looks so bare. I am clearing stuff out slowly but surely. I still need to sell my dryer and dump this car. And I may not end up leaving for NY til Friday because I am waiting for my rent rebate check to arrive. Last year it came direct deposit but this year I forgot to do it that way s now it's coming in the mail. Technically they are not suppose to get mailed out til the first but sometimes people still manage to get them on the first. I am still trying to figure that one out. I just hope I get mine on the first.Damn, it every time I burp my ear hurts worse, ugh!!!

I would love to comment more but my ear is killing me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 05:55:48 am »
Morning all,

Mum, I heard the news about the Honduras also, but really didn't pay enough attention to know what supposedly has been going on, other than the president being ousted.  Let me know how you liked the new Ice Age movie.  I'd like to take my granddaughter to see "Up," but she's away on vacation right now.

Ann, I put that quick reply thing in my profile, and noticed it at the bottom of people's replies, but I haven't tried it yet.

Queen, I hope you feel better today.  I hate having pain around my face/ears.  I don't believe we have rent rebate here in Hoosierville.  I hope you get it so you can head back to NY; I know you're anxious to get there.

Nothing much going on today.  Just work.  My life has been pretty boring so far, which is alright.  The weather has been so nice the past couple days.  No higher than 70 (we're getting the same weather you are, mum) .  You all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry I've been away for a few weeks.  We had the kids two weekends in a row and I have had no down time, totally exhausted.  Sorry I missed out on all of the diabetic talk.  They make most all of the insulins in pen form these days.  I am on Humalog which is a super-quick fast acting insulin, faster than Humulin R, which I used to be on.

Camms~ glad you made it through the surgery and are doing better.  You've had a great outlook on this entire thing, I say.

Queen~  So sorry about the hearing giving you more trouble.  If you're already at 14% on the left, I agree, give this procedure a try.  You never know until you try.  I will PM you my cell#.

Mum~ I was happy to read that you hadn't been using the inhaler for a few days, but then read about your testing at the docs.  I'll try to keep up and see how you're doing.

BT~  Miss ya, GF!  Whats up with you these days?  I have to catch up!

To Netta, Snow, Viv, Wendy....Happy Summer but its too damn hot, lol!

More soon.  We get to watch the ex's  >:(  dog and goldfish  ::) for a week.  That should be fun with Cheech in the house.  I figure just throw both dogs outside and see who survives.  Cheech is 50 pounds and the other dog is a Bichon.   ;D  Hee!  Cheech gets his summer cut tomorrow.

More soon, I am off work for the next four days and plan to do nothing at all.  Ice has to work on the 4th so we are missing a pool party.   >:( 

Good news is that my TH finally got painted and we have ordered carpet.  Very soon someone else should be paying my rent if I'm lucky.   :D

God Bless all of the "Ms" that we have lost.  Mom says they come in threes.....Who is next?  :(

Ed McMahon
Farrah Fawcett  "Mrs. Majors" at one time.
MICHAEL

Billy Mays
Karl Malden
?????

Gheez so much loss, and we had that horrible Metro crash here two weeks ago, just horrible.  You know that EMT dude that thought I was "secretly trying to infect" him back in the day was all over the radio and TV.  I flipped the bird at him on TV and radio, lol.  "Who's bad?"   ;)

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 08:41:14 pm »
Hey everyone!

Snow- I wouldn't worry too much about your numbers. I think they pretty much fluctuate

Netta- I definitely don't envy you and the moving process. Good luck finding a dog.

Mum- I'm glad "the visit" didn't happen...LOL!

Queen- I'm sorry that your ear is hurting. I hope the procedure works.

Cindy- Nice to hear from you! Is this the first times the dogs are going to be together? Is the other one a boy or girl?

Betty- Have fun at the concert. Are you still at the same temp job?

Well yesterday I had lunch with some of the teachers from my school which was nice. Today I went to my classroom and started moving some stuff to my other room. I have so much 5th grade stuff that I have to pack up and store somewhere. My new room doesn't have as much storage space. Nothing else is going on. We finally have summer weather. It's in the 80's...no more June gloom. That's all....Betty, you think your life is boring right now, I think I've got you beat!  ;D

Have a good night!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 11:27:59 pm »
Evening Ladies----

Well, no rent rebate today. My sister says by law they can't get mailed out til the first. And she usually gets hers by the second. So, I am hoping that mine will come tomorrow. The trip to NY got pushed back, the ticket now costs over 100 bucks and it just didn't seem logical to go for 12 days then come back for 2 appointments on the 16th. Papi was disappointed, as am I but it just wasn't practical. So, I am shooting for the 23rd of this month. I am going to stay for another month. By the time I get back, I'll have to pack and am going to put my stuff in storage til I get my place in NY.

Today was suppose to be the day I saw my new PCP----wRONG!!!!! They didn't even have me scheduled and has still not claimed me as a patient....WTF? I didn't just pull this date out my ass and I now have this guy on my insurance as my doctor. And to make it even better, I am down to one vial of insulin again with NO DOCTOR AGAIN. Now when I go back to the ER, they are going to be looking at me like I am stupid when I try to explain the situation. I am trying to see all my doctors one last time before I go to NY.

On a good note, my Warcraft is back on, so I can kill something. I have been playing since I got back from the doctor and quit just before posting here. And my ear stopped hurting, I was expecting it to hurt for a few days but I am grateful it isn't.

Well, that is it for me. Did I mention I haven't been to sleep in 24 hours. I just coudn't sleep for some reason. But I got a lot of things to take care of in regards to this move. You know, make sure t's are crossed and the i's dotted. I am going to go back to Warcraft for a few...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Tatenda

• africa has beautiful people
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:29 am »
hello ladies, i am back!!!! been a while, i missed all of you,. i dont know how much i will be able to catch up with whathas been goin on coz its been months so if i ask questions........ forgive me
The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 06:05:21 am »
Morning all,

Cin, that sucks that Ice has to work on the 4th.  When I went to see the dietician a couple months ago, she told me I should take Humalog instead of Humulin-R, but the doctor wouldn't prescribe it.  I don't know why.  I heard the saying a long time ago about death coming in 3's.  Hopefully that's not always true.

Andrea, are you going to miss teaching 5th grade?  I guess you never know-you may get into 1st grade teaching and love it.

Queen, sorry about the doctor's office not having you down for your appointment.  That would piss me off.  I hope you got some sleep.

Tatenda, welcome back!  What's going on?

Yesterday at work, there was a 20 year old mother who came in.  She has a 4-year old and a 1-year old.  The 1-year old's father is in jail.  She was behind $300+ dollars in her electric bill and it has been shut off.  I knew the boss would say we couldn't help her for two  reasons-one is that the $40 we pay towards utility bills wouldn't get her turned back on and two-we usually require a 72 hour notice before the utility gets shut off.  When I told her we couldn't help her, she started balling.  That made me feel terrible, well, worse than I already felt.  But, anyway, nothing else going on.  Tomorrow starts the county fair.  I'm going with my best gay friend.  I'm going for the food. ;D  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 02:43:02 pm »
WTF? I didn't just pull this date out my ass and I now have this guy on my insurance as my doctor.

On a good note, my Warcraft is back on, so I can kill something.

Oh GF, you have me gigglin' over here now, lol.  Leave it to Queen to say something sassy and give me the giggles!  I needed it, I feel like I have been up all day.  Sorry to hear about the insulin mess.  I am officially NOT covered by MADAP anymore -- I did the honest thing and didn't reapply.  Household income now equals me plus Ice, so I don't qualify for the benefit anymore.  I still have my regular health insurance, but MADAP will no longer pick up my copays.  I have been stockpiling Humalog pens since last Christmas, lol.  I had my doc write a 30-day supply at 2 boxes, or 10 pens.  You know I have 10 boxes in my fridge?  I am good until next year most likely.  That's 50 pens.  Queen, if you drive by on your way to NY, I'll give you a few to hold you over.   ;)  

Seriously, if it weren't insulin, and it was a med I could mail to you, you know I would.  Ask your doc if he can up your 30-day supply by one bottle since you're moving, you know "until you get settled."  It can't hurt.  I only needed one box of pens a month when you did the math, but it was close to being two boxes, so I asked for two.  Doc wrote the script for the two boxes.  With the pens, you have to "prime" them to get the air bubbles out, so you're losing 2 units each time you inject.  It adds up.

I went to my PCP on Friday last week and had my blood drawn there.  I called for results today, but no one qualified is there to give me the results, so they will call next week.  The nurse couldn't believe I needed 8 vials of blood.  I told her its always been that way, with the diabetes thrown in.

I got up at 5am today and left the house by 7am with Cheech.  The vet used to be a few miles away, now its a 45-minute drive.  I got him there to be groomed and he is a happy camper.  I'll try to get a pic up soon.  You all know I love my dog.  He is 15 years and 5 months today, born on Groundhog Day, my Groundhog Dog Cheech.  LOL

Rat dog, on the other hand, the male 4yo Bichon we are watching, was a pain this morning.  He kept barking and barking in the basement, and then I decided to let him meet Cheech.  Heh heh.  I had Cheech firmly by the collar and he lunged for the little dog, but I pulled him back.  Shut that little dog up.  I love dogs, but the little yappers that don't ever shut up are just noise pollution.  Oh look, he's sleeping now.  That's cause I'm here with him and he calmed his ass down, lol.  What a trip. ::)  I have a baby gate up to keep the two dogs apart in the house.  Otherwise, Cheech would bite his ass into oblivion.   :o

As far as Ice working on the 4th, that's just how it is with the industry he's in.  We'll have Sunday to go to my old TH and clean up some more, mow the grass, etc.  I am nervous cause there are "For Rent" signs up in my old hood and maybe no one is biting?  Good thing is I have an end unit with a fenced yard and a bsmt, so maybe mine will rent.  Keep you fingers crossed or I will be in some serious debt with all the money Ice and I have put into fixing up the place.

OK, time to go bake some banana muffins.  Doc said I had gained 8 lbs since last March at my previous check-up?  WTF?  My legs look good, but I told him my middle kept getting thicker.  He says its from the protease inhibitors I used to be on for 6 years.

OK, I heard on the news today that if you walk even just 30 minutes a day, it can reduce the chance for heart disease in women by 30%.  I'm thinking about my diabetes, my omentum that has gained momentum, and Billy Mays.

Time to get my ass on the treadmill and listen to "Glamorous" by Fergie.  I can still dream.  LOL   ::)   ;)

"ARE YOU READY?"  Work it , GFs, WORK IT!!!  LOL...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOQvcMLll4E

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:44:40 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »
GF you are so funny!  I loved  Glamorous" by Fergie maybe it will inspire me to keep going to the Gym.
I had one of those days today too.  I got up at 6:00 (on my vacation day) and went to the eye Dr.  On my way home I washed my car and got the stupid pink soap all over me from the hose.  Then I was still feeling inspired so I hit the Gym.  When I got home I had a message from my Realtor, she is showing my house tomorrow,  so you know I had to clean it!

I then proceeded to go outside and decided to weed the flower beds.......ouch I didn't know I still had those mussels in the back of my legs.  To get the kinks out, I hit the pool it felt great till my Shitzu came slidding in, what a hilarious fiasco that was.  I am not sure who was more surprised me or the dog.....

Hope you enjoy the 4th even if Iceman has to work...make your own holiday.  ~Mary

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 02:36:18 am »
Hey Ladies---

Well, I got my rebate check today so I was a happy camper. After paying my bills with my usual check, I put half my rebate check in the bank. And took the rest to do a little shopping. I bought a wireless router for my laptop. Man, what a big difference..Who needs a roadrunner..*lol*.. But since I am a big gamer, I needed to buy some more RAM for my computer. And Geek Squad showed me how to install it, free of charge. It was overdue. I also bought a 6-piece set of luggage too. And I got my nails redone.

Yeah, Cindy. Doing this emergency room thing is a pain and I am going to request extra. I hope I can get it. After giving up the Pepsi, I lost 8 pounds. But did have some today. I needed a sugar rush, I was up early but I didn't get started til later in the day. Look, woman, my Warcraft keeps me sane. And I hadn't played in 2 months... :D

Missy-- I like Glamorous too but must admit that I loved London Bridges. I also liked Gwen Stefani Luxurious and Holla Back Girl.

Well, just checking in. I may not respond much since game is back on but I will be following from the sidelines...Going t watch the original Friday the 13th, bought it today, then I am going to crash... Nighty night....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:15 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, "rat dog," aye?  That's funny.  Cheech doesn't like other dogs I take it?  Yean, I don't know anything about Insulin pens.  A friend  of mine used to use them, but says she likes needles better.  I guess everyone has their preference.  Good luck working out.

Queen, when people talk about computer things, I get lost.  Anyway, I'm glad you got your rent rebate.

I'm using this quick reply thing that Ann suggested, and I don't really like it.  It takes a couple minutes after I type some words for them to show up on the computer screen.  I guess I'm either going to have to choose between screen jumping or a delay in words showing up.  It's getting very aggravating.

Today I'm supposed to go to the fair later with my best gay friend.  I'm going to try to eat only the minimal today so I can pig out tonight.  That's the real reason I'm going, (the food).  This morning I only have to work for three hours.  You all have a good day.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 07:31:26 am »
I am nervous cause there are "For Rent" signs up in my old hood and maybe no one is biting?  Good thing is I have an end unit with a fenced yard and a bsmt, so maybe mine will rent.  Keep you fingers crossed or I will be in some serious debt with all the money Ice and I have put into fixing up the place.

Hi Cindy: Have you posted your place on Craigslist yet? It is an excellent free resource for in- and particularly out-of-towners looking for rentals. Very popular. Is there a large hospital nearby? If it's a teaching hospital or if they're in a state of growth, you might consider sending a one-pager on the place to Human Resources. Have you put together a one-sided flyer with a couple of photos of interior/exterior, description, proximity to major highways, airport, businesses, etc? If you turn it into a .pdf that you can e-mail to friends, co-workers (whom you trust), they can become agents of a sort on your behalf. Em   I found a link for you for downloadable real estate templates in case you can use one. They have quite a variety. http://www.office.xerox.com/small-business-templates/real-estate-flyers/enus.html
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 07:35:27 am by emeraldize »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2009, 08:57:36 am »
Hi Em~

Yes, I've thought of most of those things and my best friend is a realtor.  I will definitely NOT post the house on Craig's list.  I'm told you get a lot of "tire kickers" that way.  I will post in the local paper, the grocery stores and at the military base nearby.  I'm just stressing out.  Ice says not to worry, everyone he's talked to says that we will rent fast.  I hope he's right.  I went to the house yest and cleaned some things out and checked out the paint.  It looks really nice, but there's a lot to do with clean-up.  I told Ice to get his butt in gear for the weekend!

OK, Rat dog has been barking all morning and I just got up.  Well, for the second time.  I was up at 5am with Ice to take care of the dogs and then tried to sleep again with rat dog barking in the basement. 

I think we'll have him for dinner tonight.  On the grill.     >:(

~ Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2009, 12:08:15 pm »
Hi Em~

Yes, I've thought of most of those things and my best friend is a realtor.  I will definitely NOT post the house on Craig's list.  I'm told you get a lot of "tire kickers" that way. 

Wonder if that is a regional as we have good success in our area with rentals on Craigslist. Several people I know have said they'll never buy an ad again. It is always nice to have a realtor as a friend--mine is a next-door neighbor. Best of luck.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »
Hi GFs~

Its a holiday and I am sitting in the house alone, thinking too much.  That pain in the ass dog woke me up at 6am from the room across the hall, yapping and yapping.  I open the door and he has peed on the carpet in the kids room.  White carpet, at that.  Go figure.  I go down two flights of stairs with Rat dog and get him out into the backyard.  I go up two flights of stairs to get Cheech out of my bedroom and bring him down to the bsmt, where Rat dog is still outside.  I put Cheech inside the bsmt bathroom and let Rat Dog in, closing him into the laundry room around the corner.  I let Cheech out of the bathroom so that HE can go outside.  Gheeeez!  I let Cheech in and close him out into the bsmt hallway and let Rat dog out of the laundry room.  I shimmy in btwn the doorway out into the hall, keeping Cheech back with my feet.  Rat dog is behind me, looking into the hall where Cheech can see him.  Dumbass has a death wish.

Its not easy to move first thing in the morning with fibromyalgia and a full bladder from high blood sugar.  My mornings aren't easy.  I texted Ice right when I woke up, as he was driving to work, and said the dog woke me up yapping.

I am losing my ever-loving mind.  I had a 4-day weekend planned, and I find out Ice had to work on the 4th, so we are missing a great pool party at a friend's house.  OK, fine, I let it go.  Some down time might be nice, I think to myself.  I have had no down time with this dog here!  Ice knows I wasn't keen on the whole dog-sitting thing and I told him last week that he really needed to help me with this.  He has been working the first three days that the dog has been here.  Tomorrow we go to my house to clean up more stuff and I am exhausted.  I know Ice is exhausted, too.  He has been on his feet 10 hours a day, selling and doing a great job.  I feel guilty for being pissed at the dog and speaking up about it, but I am sick of everyone else coming first.

Especially a little shit dog that belongs to his ex who can't possibly afford to put him in a kennel for 9 days.   >:(   >:(   >:(

Am I thinking too much?  I texted Ice this morning after I got the dogs squared away and asked if he had fed the fish, which we are also petsitting.  Nope.  Ok, no biggie, don't sweat it, its a goldfish.  It poops in its water, nothing to clean up, lol.  "Yay."   Ice called and I told him that his ex not being able to afford to put Rat dog in the kennel shouldn't be MY problem in MY house (on my vacation, even, but that has gone out the fucking window at this point.)  I told him that if Cheech was still alive and kicking next year, we were NOT watching this dog.  Then I said even if Cheech were here, we are NOT watching this dog.  You know the past few times Rat dog has come over with the kids, it went up the stairs and lifted its leg on the banister?  So, no matter who is here, the dog will continue to piss in this house.  

What will be fun is when I go back to work this Monday and no one is here.  The dog barks whenever it is behind a closed door, and now its pissing in the house even when we're around.  There is no way he will be able to hold it for 11 hours on Monday.  I guess I will have to lock him in the basement hallway on tiled floor, in case he messes.  He will freeze his ass off down there, but oh well.  I have even given him Cheech's dog bed to sleep in.  Hopefully he won't push the baby gate down like he did yest when I took Cheech for a walk.  Cheech will kill him, but Cheech is afraid of babygates and steers clear.  You just have to lean it across an entryway and Cheech will stay back.  Rat dog knocked the damn thing over yest and proceeded to jump up on the furniture, barking out the window so incessantly that I could hear him up the street.  I absolutely hate the racket.

I'm just going to barricade him into the bsmt tomorrow btwn the gate and a closed door and his demise via Cheech is totally up to him.

And you all know how much I love dogs.  Ice wanted to put him in the garage but I said it would get too hot.  Now I am having second thoughts....

Forgive me for rambling about  a stupid-ass dog, but I am exhausted and needed to vent.

Happy 4th, GFs.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:59:47 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2009, 12:29:21 pm »
Hey everyone! It seems like everyone's summer is busy.  :)

Cindy- I LOVE dogs but also hate the yappers. You know, he might be peeing everywhere because he is mad. A lot of dogs do that. Good luck with him... :)

Betty- I am right there with you in regards to fair food. Love it!!! Have fun :)

Queen- I don't really know much about computers but I am glad yours works better.

Well again there's nothing really to report. My mom is in town to help my grandparents. My grandpa had knee replacement surgery and will be in the hospital until Monday. My grandma can't drive so she is helping out there. My sister and I are enjoying spending time with her. We went shopping yesterday... ;D

I don't really have anything planned today. Happy Fourth of July!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2009, 01:36:19 pm »
Happy 4th ladies,

Cin, I don't blame you for being so angry at that fucking dog.  I would be also.  I like animals, but cannot stand to be around a yappy dog.  When I was a kid, we had a poodle, and I swore I would never have a little dog when I got older.  Anyway, I hope you have some good times this weekend.

Andrea, I'm glad you're enjoying your mom.  Special times.

The fair was nice.  I ate 1/2 an elephant ear, pizza, and some kind of fruity drink.  I normally don't drink anything with sugar in it, because of it sending my blood sugar skyrocketing, but, well, yesterday was special.  I brought home some cotton candy.  They had (this is true) deep-friend Pepsi.  I have no clue what it was, I didn't get any.  I should have gotten a deep-friend Reese's, damn it. 

Tonight I'm supposed to be going to see a concert at the local ballpark.  Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, and John Mellencamp.  I was really looking forward to going, until I found out no one is allowed to take in chairs.  I called the ballpark, and they said it's concert-promoter's rules, not theirs.  I really have no clue how I'm going to stand for all that time, with a brace on my leg (and no cartilage in either knee, and one of the knees having been fractured about 10 years ago, so it's deformed).  I guess we're allowed to bring in blankets.  I just hope everything works out alright.  Maybe if a few of the seats in the park aren't sold out, I can sit in one of them.  I don't know how that works.  Anyway, I don't want a good concert being fucked up.  So, keep fingers crossed that things work out.

Other than that, I guess nothing else is going on.  Tomorrow I'll probably clean.  You all have a wonderful 4th (and you too, Ann, even though I know it's not celebrated there).

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2009, 02:04:48 pm »
Cindy- I LOVE dogs but also hate the yappers. You know, he might be peeing everywhere because he is mad. A lot of dogs do that. Good luck with him... :)

I'm going to start peeing everywhere cause I'm mad, too, lol!   ::)

BT, just park your butt on the ground.  Have a friend help you to sit down on a folded up towel so your ass doesn't start hurting.  No sense in standing because it would be too hard for you.  Now, if Mellencamp starts playing "Blood On the Scarecrow" make sure that your friend gets you off your ass in a hurry so you can boogie for just a minute to that one!  :)

~Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 11:31:08 am »
Well, the concert was wonderful, but I'm really paying for it today.  People laid down blankets, but when Mellencamp came out, that was the end of people sitting on blankets.  So, I had stood for an hour at the gate waiting to get in, then I stood the whole time during Mellencamp.  The first song he sang was "Pink Houses," which is one of my faves.  And Cin, he did sing "Blood on the Scarecrow."  Everyone was on their feet.  After Mellencamp, I moved out away from the crowd in front of the stage, and went over to the grassy part so I could sit down.  But, I had stood for like 3 hours on my feet, plus the day before walking all around the fair, so my knees and back (which hurts because of my knees being fucked up, they throw my hips off) are extremely fucked up.  Bob Dylan was great, and Willie Nelson sang for a long time.  Of course, Willie has been around so long, he probably could have sang all night.  Then they had a kick-ass fireworks show.  So, all in all, it was a good time.  I'll just be using my cane for a few days (hee).  Talk about feeling old!  Anyway, I hope everyone else had a good 4th.

And Cin, just pee all you want!  You should be able to, for putting up with Mr. Yappy.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 11:47:28 am »
Good Morning!

Wow Betty. It sure sounds like you had a really good time. I hope you recoperate soon!  ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 09:13:03 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT, glad you had such a great time at the show.  Take it easy while you recoup!

Well low and behold the ex is coming back tonight instead of Thursday, so we only have the dog through Monday evening.  All this evening I was waiting for her to come by with the kids and get the dog and Ice is falling asleep on the couch.  Its 815pm and I tell him to wake up in case the girls arrive, it should be any minute.  That's when he says they are coming by Monday night to get the dog.

I thanked him for telling me in advance.   ::)

I have a good mind to drive over to the next neighborhood and deliver the dog myself.  Turns out the kids and their mother had a change of plans, so we are helping them out by keeping the dog tonight.  I don't get it.  I am ready to hide a key under the mat and have them come tomorrow morning.

Ice is such a pushover.  I just dare that dog to piss and shit tomorrow while we are gone.  Ice can get home first.  Hee!

Full moon is gorgeous tonight!  People will be nuts by tomorrow.

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2009, 07:30:37 pm »
Ice got home first.                           ;D

Offline missy

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 09:03:38 pm »
Yeah...hang in there gf..Mary

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 04:31:44 am »
Hi everyone. Hope you had a good holiday. We headed to western PA to see our families and had a great time! We saw fireworks Friday and Saturday and Lucas really enjoyed them.
My niece was up from Florida with her new man. So far so good.  :) He's cute and employed.  ;) On top of that he braved being at my mom's house and meeting most of the family. ;D Not only did he meet us all, he played with Lucas and my God daughters and tried to make him self helpful at meal times. :o I hope he's as good as he seemed, Dana is a good kid and deserves a decent man.

Moonlight: I'd let the messes for ice to deal with ;).
Betty: I'm glad you had a good time! Sounds like it was worth the canes lol.
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:40 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, I bet you're glad that yapper is gone.  I'm glad Ice got home first the other day.

#1, I'm glad you had a good little vacation.  Hopefully that guy will turn out to be the real thing for your niece.

Nothing much going on today.  Just that temp job.  Which ends Friday.  I told them I would still volunteer there until I got a perm job.  It's a good agency.  I wonder where Camms, mum, Cristy (though I see her posting in other parts of the forums), and Wish have been?   Hopefully we'll hear from some of them soon.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:47 am »
I see it is kinda slow in here lately. I guess everyone is enjoying the weather, though it seems like we got a lot of rain this summer. Not much to report really, counting down the days once again til I get to NY. I am also waiting on the UPS man to come. He's delivering me some RAM for my laptop. More memory means no lagging for me in Warcraft..YAY...The guys at Geek Squad showed me how to install it, for free. Gotta love FREE!!!

LMAO about Cindy and the little ankle biter. That's one of the reasons I do cats. They're quiet and clean themselves... :D But since Papi is allergic to cats, I am considering getting an iguana. But that's in the near future once I get into my own place.

Have a good day.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2009, 11:19:13 am »
Good Morning Ladies,

It's been a while.  I just made it back from a vacation in Illinois(sp?) It was wonderful. I'm tired as hell today though. It was a 13 hour ride.  I got my lab results before I left. My VL was 600+ down from 800+  I was really bummed OWell, im still U/D.

Queen- R U ready to move? I was reading a book about the life in Harlem. It sounds great. R u going 2 B close to Harlem when you move.

Snow- How's it going?

BT- How are you doing? Any luck with finding a job.

Moonlight- The moon has been beautiful.

Hello to everyone, mum, #1 mom, netta, missy, viv, and anyone else I may have missed.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
Keeping--- I am more than ready to move. I don't even want to be in Pa anymore. Still in the process of getting that all together. Paperwork, final doctor appointments, etc. Hmm, I know I will be living in Woodside, NY which I think is a borough of Queens. Not sure how close that is to Harlem, though I will be going there to get my hair professionally braided...I was bummed about my last results too. And still don't get it. I try not to stress over it though it is hard not too sometimes. At least you're not dealing with diabetes on the side...*sighs*...Wondered what happened to you. Good to see you.

I added more memory to my laptop today. This sucker is flying now. I couldn't be happier, it'll do til I can afford to get a new one. I've had this one for 4 years. But it serves its purpose. Now that I have gotten bills out of the way, I can rest til the middle of next week. Then it is more appointments. I can't complain, it's stuff I got to get out the way.

That's about it for me.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:51 pm »
Welcome Back Keeping- I hope you had a fun trip!

Moon- You are too funny.  I call my little one, the butt warmer, she is sitting behind my back as I type.  I would have let the two of them together slowly, it might have calmed her down a bit.  I used to try to keep mine apart but it was too stressful.  I have a pit and a little one and they get along great now.  The little one lets the pit know if he is playing too rough, which is funny to see cuz she is just a little bigger than his head.

BT- The concert sounded like a lot of fun. I hate having to stand around for a long time and I don't have anything wrong with my knees, it is just plan exhausting.  I hope you have recuperated(sp?)

Queen- Have you called to see how much the storage units are? I just had to empty one for my friends whose daughter died and she was paying almost $400 a month, ,makes me wish I owned a storage building, they make out like bandits.

#1- Your nieces man sounds like he is kind and caring, always a good indicator how people treat kids.

We have been getting a ton of rain here.  We have only had 2 days that it hasn't rained, so it has been kind of miserable around here.  Two out of my 3some have strep :-\ and I have been feeling kinda of crappy myself. I am so glad I have never gotten married, in the state of Mass anyway.  My oldest sons step mother is trying to get divorced from his father. They have been jerking here around making her go back and forth to court.  Supposedly, you have to wait 6 months and she was in court for the RO at 5 months, so they wouldnt do it, then she went back a few months later regarding visitation and was supposed to do it but didn't, they finally gave her a date today and wouldn't do it because he doesn't want one???  WTF! She has a lifelong RO on him, it just makes no sense. I have to go back next week for child support, I hope I don't f'd over too.

Hope everyone is doing good! Sorry if I missed anyone.

Snow

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2009, 09:26:26 pm »
So sad about Michael today.  May he rest in peace.  What a gift his music was for us.

More tomorrow, GFs.  Too tired, so sorry.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:48:08 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2009, 02:29:13 am »
Snow---Nah, I have given up on the storage units because it is too much money. I have gotten rid of my living room furniture already. My bff is going to get a few things if she can come up with the truck again. That's who has gotten my couches. She will probably end up with my deep freezer too. I still have a metal bunkbed/futon that needs to go along with a few other things. I am considering putting some things on Freecycle just to see if they will get out of here quicker. Now it has turned into an everything must go kinda thing. I've had most of my stuff for quite awhile so I am going to start over again.

I have my Section 8 appointment next week so I can get my transfer voucher for NY. But I have to wait on a letter from my manager saying that I don't owe anything in rent. Hell, I need my ass kicked if I was, low as my rent is.

Cindy---I hate to sound horrible but I am glad that it is over. I did peep a little bit of it on tv and saw that little Paris' words melted the world's heart....I almost want to gag....almost. Time to let the man rest in peace.....finally!!!!

Just thought I would check in before bed.....Night
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2009, 07:01:49 am »
Morning all,

Keeping, good to hear from you!  I haven't been able to find a job.  Lots of people in my area aren't able to find jobs.  For every job, there's over 100 applicants.  It's crazy.

Queen, I need to add memory to my computer, but I will probably ask my brother's girlfriend about it, since she's the computer nerd.

Snow, are you saying people have to wait 5 months to get divorced?  That's insane.  Though I know here, people have to take classes for everything now.  And people who want to get divorced have to see a counselor to make sure that's the best thing to do.  Hello?! 

I watched most of MJ's memorial service.  I liked the parts I saw.  I will always remember how he (MJ) befriended Ryan White when all the hysteria was going on and he was banned from school.  And when he died, Michael was right there for his mum.  So, how he (MJ) handled the Aids crisis, I was and am very impressed with.  And until some of the people spoke yesterday, I never knew all the good he did in the world. 

Anyway, nothing going on today.  Just the temp job; I only have 3 more days left there.  I still intend to volunteer there until I find a job (which may be never, the way things are going).  I swear, people who have jobs should be damn grateful, 'cause I hear from lots of people who would take a job in a minute if someone wants to give one up.

Offline missy

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2009, 06:35:50 pm »
BT, hang in there gf things have got to let up..I agree with you, I feel blessed to have a job today.

When I filed for my divorce in MD, I had to wait a whole year for it to be final...go figure.
I was just happy to move on after 28 years.  I guess in the end the grass wasn't greener on the other side, but all I could say was Oh well!

Moon, I am happy you are rid of the dog you were better than I would have been.

Have a great evening. Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 08:00:20 pm »
Hi GFs~

Whew work was non-stop today, but that's when I'm at my best.  I am banging out the work faster than the bank stmts can arrive.  We lose two days from the office next week because my department has offsite training for the new accounting software.  I hope I'm not bored to death, but we'll see.

I got my labs back today, CD4 at 600 and undetectable.  I'm not sure which % I'm supposed to look at, the "% CD4 Pos. Lymph" or the "% CD8 Pos. Lymph,"  so I'll have to look it up.  They are 37.5% and 32.4% respectively.  Just checked, I believe its the CD4% that you look at, so I'm at 37.5%.  Down a little bit, but not so bad.  My cholesterol and A1C need a little help, I'm at 201 for total cholesterol and my glycohemoglobin A1C is at 8.4.  It should be around 7.0 or under for diabetics.  I spoke with my doc about it being near 8.0 the last time I saw him, and he said its not too bad, showed me a little graph and stuff to explain it.  He started by asking me if I liked math and numbers before he drew the graph.  Um, YES, numbers are my life!  Hee! :D

Ice took the kids' to oldest kid's soccer game so I haven't seen him yet tonight, but he'll be home soon.

I am really excited about renting my TH, we're getting really close to advertising it.  Also, in March I will have my last car payment after having a 5-year loan, and the car is still in great shape.  I am looking forward to the extra money.  OK, this screen is hopping around and I can't see what I'm typing -- anyone else have that problem?  Control A, then Control C to copy, lol!

OK, Robert McNamara, Sec of Defense during the Vietnam War era died earlier this week and now I heard Oscar Mayer died at age 95.  That's 2 out of 3 for the third set of three M's.....spoooooky.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:05:38 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2009, 12:18:55 am »
Hey everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing well.

Moon- Now you and Ice can get back to normal!

Betty- Maybe when you volunteer at the temp job you have they will hire you for something that comes up.

Well I have just been hanging out with my mom, babysitting, and trying not to spend any money...LOL! Things have been very quiet and calm...of course now that I put it out there things are bound to change.

Hello to everyone- Missy, Queen, Snow, Keeping, and #1.

Andrea

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 08:39:41 pm »
Hi GFs~

Well, my coworker and I went to mgmt at work today to complain.  Yep, this other emp has been making mistakes every month and I am the one to find them when we receive payments.  The payments don't match what's in the computer, so is the payer wrong or is our company wrong?  Go to the files to check it out, find out we are wrong, and start digging and find more mistakes from there.  I started keeping a shit list with my coworker on this other emp.  Too many errors, and 2 just these past two days in a row.  I understand we all make mistakes and we have bad days, but this person is consistently messing up.  We have new accounting software going in and I shudder to think she is doing half of the data entry.  I'm sure there will be more mistakes.

I am ready to cap her ass.  Problem is, you go to her and she either says that she'll make an entry to adjust the problem, which leaves things looking messy, or she's not matched her entries up to letters that have gone to clients already.  ...and the letters?  Messsssssy job, makes us look bad.  I told my mgr that I turned her in to her mgr so let it begin.  I gave her 7 or 8 chances in 2 months to get her crap together.  One day she nearly tore my head off so I let my coworker deal with her.  I am like Inspector Gadget at work, if its wrong, I will find it.  I guess that's why they kept me.

Oh boy, here goes the hopping screen again, but I am looking at the keyboard now instead, lol.  

Good news today, Ice finally got our place refinanced after pushing for 2 months, so it will save on the mortgage.  Also, we have the carpet installation appt set for next week, so pretty soon someone else can live in my old TH. We have a busy Sunday coming up at my place to do the final clean-up, which will be exhausting, but its gotta be done.  There is 16 years of dust in the corners of my place.  I'm gonna get the shop vac out and clean like a mad woman, lol!

Maybe I'll go on Saturday while Ice is working, but he's taking my car in for an oil change.  I am too chicken to drive his pick-up truck, but maybe I'll give it a shot.  I'm in a small SUV, so I'm used to sitting up high.  I'll prob chicken out, lol.

I can't figure if my Army brother has gone back over or not.  He was supposed to, so I am praying that he's OK.

Hope everyone is well.  I am enjoying this cool July weather!  Oooh "Compatibility View" helped the jumpy screen!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:44:25 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 09:15:25 pm »
Hey Gf it sounds like you had one of my days. I thought I was getting caught up until I found out this morning I have to go to Cleveland Monday and Tuesday, then my realtor called and I have a showing tomorrow, so I had to clean house this evening too.

Yesterday I was suppose to give feedback to one of the guys that works for me and realized when I set the meeting up in my calendar I forgot to invite him.  I think I am having one of those weeks!

Have a great one ...Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:27 am »
Hey ladies,

Cin, I did the compatibility view thing also to see if it helps the jumpy screen.  I hope that employee gets taken care of.  And I hope you and Ice get your place cleaned up so you can rent it soon!  That will be a load off your mind.

Andrea, at the place I'm at, the only paid positions are the supervisors (3 at the 3 locations) and the volunteer coordinator.  Everyone else is a volunteer, even the job search/budget counseling person.  Volunteerism is huge in this town because of there being so many nonprofits. 

Mary, I hope your week improves.

Yeah, today is the last "paid" day at the place I'm at.  Next week I'll start volunteering there.  There are so many people without work, so I don't feel so alone.        In the fall at one of the universities, they're going to have a graduate certificate program in alcohol and drug counseling.  I really would like to get into it.  And as far as I know, it prepares a person to take the test for state certification for drug and alcohol counseling.  That would probably make me a bit more employable; if nothing else, it may put some letters after my name. :)

So, I think this weekend I'll be cleaning.  Nothing else planned.  You ladies have a good day.  And where have Camms and mum been?  Also, the compatibilitiy view helped.  No more jumping screen.

Offline minismom

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:45 pm »
Good afternoon, ladies!  Hubby and i have been busy making the bathroom downstairs usable.  It's a full bathroom, but the shower and toilet didn't work, it was dark and dank, and we never used it.  I got tired of 8 of us sharing 1 bathroom, so I set out to make it usable.  It turned out SO nice, if I do say so myself (and I do ;D)  We were able to do everything: fix the shower, the toilet, take down the old wallpaper and border, paint it, put up new border, get new rugs, towels, shelves, nick-nacks, and a 12-inch white picket fence for.....DRUM ROLL.....$85! 

The only thing left is to paint the part between the top of the shower and the ceiling.  I went to ACE to have them color match the paint and it is a horrid match - not even the same color!  The guy told me that once it dried, it would match, but it doesn't.  Now I have to take it back tomorrow and have them do it again. >:(

I need to do that change thing so my screen quits jumping.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one it was happening to.

Betty, I think it's wonderful that you will stay around and volunteer.  So many people need so much help.  I just don't see an end in sight.  It's really sad.

Cindy, I can't stand stuck-up yappy dogs.

Queen, safe travels to you, hun.  Let us know you made it there safely.  Good grief, I sound like my mother ;)

I hope the rest of you are having a great Friday.  Any plans for the weekend?  Ok, screen is jumping, I must go.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 04:20:43 pm »
Afternoon Ladies----

Just got back in not too long ago from grocery shopping. Now I have a bit of a headache, I think it is from the heat. It's like 80 something out there. I hurried up and flew in my nice comfortable ac cooled room. I did put the things on my local freecycle and have been getting mad replies. Someone is suppose to come through later to get the stuffed animals and tomorrow someone for the bunk bed. Am still waiting on someone to scoop up the glass coffee table and the entertainment shelf.

Things are still great with me and Papi. Now he is talking about coming here to see me because he misses me and we go back to NY together on the 24. It's not written in stone but I hope he comes because I miss him.

Mum- So, you're a DIYer huh? That's cool, if I had my own house I would be too. I like to do yard work. I guess that comes from planting flowers with my Mom and working for the Parks Dept in Miami Beach. It gives one a sense of accomplishment, well to me anyways.... ;D

Betty--Volunteering is great when it's something you love doing. I use to volunteer here as a dj at the college station. I love music but it's also ironic in a way now since I am partially deaf. Life has a warped sense of humor, I tell ya. But it also let's me get away with a lot of stuff too.... ;)

Hey, does anyone know what it is called when a person can service a computer? Once I get settled in NY, I am going to try once again to go to school. And that's what I want to go for. I want to be able to tinker with computers. Any information would be helpful.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline missy

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:53 pm »
TGIF  yeah!!!!!

I am so glad it is Friday!  What a week, I took off early today (vacation) and when to the gym and hit the pool. He was such a gorgeous day with the sun shinning so pretty, I couldn't stand sitting behind a desk.

I have to go to Cleveland next week, but I can use a break.  Going out with my gf's tonight, just have some fun and a couple of drinks. 

Have a great weekend everyone.  Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2009, 06:50:21 am »
Queen, are you thinking computer repair or more IT (information technology)?  We have a friend who went to a 4-yr college for IT back in the day and told Hubby that you can learn more from a good 2-yr tech. college (and it's cheaper).  I hear you about the heat.  I liked it better when it was 65 last weekend.  We watched fireworks on the 4th in jackets and blankets.  My kind of weather.  Since it was so cold for so long, I'm bracing for a scortching August.  I don't do heat well at all.

DIY'er?  If that means "cheapskate", then yeah, I am.  I have more time than money - lol.  I like the look of a nice garden, but I can't take being out in the heat pulling weeds and tending to it.  I've planted a lot of bulbs so I only have to plant once.  Trick is to buy perennial plants when they are dead and miserable looking.  Stores will put them on sale for 50% - 75% off.  Doesn't matter if they're dead when you plant them because they'll come back next year looking beautiful.  Next project is painting our bedroom and putting down hardwood floors.

Nothing going on today.  I need to take the paint back to Ace and have it re-matched then off to the grocery store.  If it doesn't rain, I'll do laundry.  Laundry and dishes - one day I'll join a nudist colony that uses paper plates and plastic forks :P

Hope you all are having a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2009, 09:23:54 am »
Hi GFs~

Betty, I've never said it, but I think its great that you work where you do.  Now that you're volunteering, that's even more to be proud of.  It would be awesome if you could be a counselor next winter after a few more classes.

Mary~  How did the showing go last night?  Has your place been on the market long?  Are you planning for a big move or somewhere else close by?  I see we're in the same state, so I ask.  :)

Queen~  That's sweet that Papi wants to come see you.  That would be great to have him along for the trip to NY!  If I was there I would take your coffee table.  ;)  I remember in Fall 2007 when you told me about Freecycle.  Ice thought I was crazy, but we cleaned out my house and I won't let him pitch the bagless vaccuum I got back then!  Hee!  As far as tinkering with computers, Mum was right.  The IT part of it used to be very competitive but now the jobs are harder to find.  You usually see men in that role, programming systems, etc, but we actually have a woman at our place who sets up our new servers and all.  It seems like you want to do the tinkering and repairing, and Mum is right, a 2-year college or something would get you exactly what you need.  :)

Mum~  "DIY" stands for "Do It Yourself" and I think Queen was referring to you and Hubby getting the bathroom ready, plumbing, etc.  You know Ice and I TORE everything out of the bathroom at my old place, down to the subfloor?  This was last March, and he kept insisting we "DIY" to save money on labor.  Problem was, we only had one or two DAYS a month to work on it bec of having the kids and him working on Saturdays.  We finally got it done in mid-June, and if you've been reading we called the painters in a few weeks ago.  You know Ice didn't tell them the nice , NEW paint in the redone bathroom wasn't to be painted over, lol?  Yep, nice shade of green is now antique white.  Ice had to put silicone on the walls in a few spots, to trim near the shower and molding on the floor, so when the painters came in, the antique white didn't fully paint over the silicone.  

Yep, we have a few "splotches" of green showing through in about four areas of the bathroom, like a kid took the light-green crayon out of the 64-pack and scribbled on the wall.  Ice is gonna try to cover it with drywall mud, and THEN paint over it with antique white, hoping it adheres to the mud and covers the spot up....which will then be "mud-colored" and not green.   Oh dear.

Tomorrow is the big clean-up day.  Get anything left on the floor, OFF the floor and preferably out of the house or into the bsmt.  Carpet guys are coming out soon and then its just cleaning the kitchen and get the place ready to show.  I wonder if anyone Freecycles their stoves or washers?  I could try.  What an idea...but I bet those things go quick.

OK, laundry today.  I kicked ass at work yesterday, waaaaaaaay ahead in case next week is hectic.  We have to double-enter everything at work in the old accounting system as well as the new.  I'm bracing myself.

Mum, I hope this cooler summer continues and we don't get a heatwave in August.  This is the best summer I can remember for a long time!

Have a great weekend GFs!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:18:05 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2009, 09:37:27 am »
Morning ladies,

Mum, reading about what you and Cin do to your places makes me tired.  So tired, I don't know if I'll be able to clean today or not (just kidding).  Really, I admire people who can do that.  I've never tried anything major, for fear of it costing more to fix than to change.  How's Mim doing?

Queen, I know about getting away with shit.  Because I wear a brace on one of my knees, usually if I go somewhere where there's no seats, someone offers me their seat. ;D  Not all the time, but usually.

Cin, I would love to do counseling.  In order to do that, I'd have to get my master's.  Here, in Indiana, someone has to have their master's to be called a counselor.  That is, if the place gets state and federal funding.  But hopefully, if I completed these classes I want to get into, I at least might be able to be called a drug and booze counselor.  Anyway, I know you're anxious to get done with your house.  Good luck!

Last evening, my best gay friend and I went to the fair (yeah, again).  I bought some fudge this time to bring home, and it's so good.  I got some fried veggies and didn't really like them.  So, I got some strawberry shortcake, but instead of whipped cream, it had ice cream.  It was delicious.  Too much sugar, I know.  But, I didn't eat all the fudge last night.  Just most of it. ;)

Today I'll be cleaning.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to get laundry done.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2009, 10:23:56 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- The fair is in town. I went one year and that was enough for me. LOL! So do you think you will start the master's program in the fall? I think you would do really well as a counselor. I am finally going to finish my master's. I called the school where I went and asked them what my options were. I went through the program a couple of years ago. They have a program for teachers and I did a project and was beginning to work on my thesis. I walked in the ceremony with the understanding that I would finish that summer but I was already really getting sick and that summer I took a turn for the worse. Anyways....when I called they said that they changed the program and all I had to do was take one class and I'm done. YAY! So by December I will have my master's  ;D.

Cindy-What a pain to have to do all that stuff! I hope it gets rented right away.

Queen- That would be nice if your man could come see you... ;D

Mary- Where do you live?

Mum- Wow!!! I am impressed yet again by all that you do. I am definitely NOT a DIY'er. When I bought my first condo I told my parents that we could paint it ourselves so we started one room and I decided that it was not for me and we hired someone to finish it LOL.

Well nothing to report. I am going to breakfast with my mom and sister in a few hours and that's about it. Have a good day everyone!

Andrea

Offline missy

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2009, 01:50:40 pm »
Good afternoon gfs. 

It sounds like everyone is busy this weekend with home projects.  I thought I would take it easy so I went for a ride on my bike and then the guy came to surface the driveway, better him than me and he gave me a great price.

Andrea, I live in Chesapeake City, MD near the MD/DE line.

MUM you are really a do it yourselfer I think it is great.

Cindy the open house was a bust the Realtor couldn't get in or so she says.  She said she could not get the dead bolt open but I have 3 doors and they are all keyed alike so i don't think she tried very hard. Oh well her loss and at least my house is cleaned for the weekend. Good luck on your place...I think things are starting to pick up.

BT good luck on the IT field we have a big turnover at work so I think it is still a good field to get into

Queen- I hope you get to see your man soon.

Take care, I am going to go hit the pool.

Have a wonderful day all!

Mary

Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:57 am »
Cin, yeah I knew what Queen meant.  We don't do it ourselves because we have great talent, just that we're poor and cheap - got more time than money.  I would be so mad about the bathroom.  What a mess!  The next room we're tackling is our bedroom.  We're painting it in the next 2wks.  Then, we're ripping out all of the baseboards and the trim around the door, and the carpet.  We're putting down hardwood floors (eventually the whole main level except the bathroom will have the same hardwood) and putting real 1x3 inch wood baseboards and door trim.  The rest of the house will be the same way.  We've never done anything like this before, so we'll see how long it takes and how many fights we have. ;)

Betty, Mim is doing pretty good.  We go back to Dr. F on Wednesday for her fasting bloodwork and weigh-in.  I'm hoping she's gained at least the weight she's lost.  I'd LOVE it if she's gained more, but I doubt it.  Her clothes all fit the same.  I go back to my doctor on Thursday.  I can't believe how much better I feel.  I'm able to do the things I haven't been able to do for nearly 2yrs.  Our goal was to need my rescue inhaler 2x/wk.  In 4wks, since starting my meds, I've needed my inhaler 1 day!!  I had a rough day 5 days after I started them.  Since then, I've not used my inhaler or needed a breathing treatment ONCE.  I'm very pleased - and relieved.

I read Matthew's post about Kate being gone 6mths.  I can't believe it's been that long already.  I read it and cried.  I found a note that Kate sent last year and cried.  I think about her and cry.  She and Mim had a special place for each other in their hearts.  AMG memorial service is going to be hard this year.  I've told Mim that Kate died, but she still asks to talk to her.  Screen's jumping and the tears are rolling.  That's my cue it's time to go.

Have a great Sunday,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 09:06:46 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, I think it's great that you're going to get your master's with one more class!  I'm sure it's a long time coming.

Mary, it's not me who wants to do IT work, it's Queen. 

Mum, I'm glad the new medical regimen is working for you.  I'll be looking Wednesday or Thursday to see what the doc has to say about Mim.  I'll be rooting for her.

I didn't do anything yesterday other than clean, go to the store, and made some brownies.  Today I've got laundry to do.  And my brother should be over tonight.  My granddaughter called yesterday also, and wants to come visit sometime today.  I talked to her last week and she told me she got her ears pierced.  I said "oh, that's great."  And she said "nana, you're the only one who's gotten excited about it."   I think I pierced my daughter's ears when she was a baby, I really can't remember.  So, now I've got earrings to buy for newly pierced ears.          Anyway, that's about it right now.  You all have a good Sunday.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 12:22:44 pm »
Good Morning!

Betty- Brownies.....YUM  ;D

Missy- Hope you had fun at the pool.

Mum- I hope the doctor's visit goes well.

Going to go the gym and then hang with my mom again. Talk to you later my wonderful ladies!!!

Offline minismom

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2009, 08:20:12 am »
It's 50F here today  ;D - need I say more?

Our youngest son is getting baptized Sunday.  We'll have about 20 people over for lunch and I'm not even sure what we'll eat.  Next week is Vacation Bible School.  And, our Family Bash is next Saturday (25th) - not sure what we'll eat there, either.  Then 1 wk "off" before we leave for AMG in Boston.  At some point, I need to get the bedroom painted.

I'm heading out to the front porch to bask in this glorious weather and read my book.  Have a good one!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:13 am »
Wow ladies, seems like I've been gone a long time! I have been right here at home. I have been so tired! Sleeping a lot in the day time, I have been having diarrea  a lot,Its been hot as usually. My 4th of July was great, we cooked out and went to the lake andon a boat ride to see the fireworks.
I am trying to get up early to go walking, but I have yet to do that. i get up at 4;30 am to get my dh breakfast and make his lunch, after that I am back to sleep,and try to get up by 10 am, which I do and eat breakfast and take meds then the meds kick in about an hour later and I am sleeping again !
I hope all are well. luv yah!!!
"to thine own self be true"

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 06:45:22 pm »
Hi GFs~

I have had two days of classroom training which wasn't worth a crap and I am exhausted.  Hopefully more later in the week.

Where has Wendy been?  Camms?  Cristy?  Isn't her bday about now?

~ Cindy

Offline minismom

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:30 pm »
Cindy, you jinxed me!  After I finished painting the small space between the top of the shower and the ceiling, I decided to come up and touch-up the paint in the upstairs bathroom.  After all, it IS the same color, or so we thought.  I painted over some spots, knowing that it won't match until after it dries.  Well, it's dry and it's the WRONG color!!  Since we now have NO idea what color the upstairs bathroom is and have nothing with the paint on it to color match, we're going to have to buy a gallon of the other paint and repaint the ENTIRE bathroom.  GRRRRRRRRRRR!  I should've left well enough alone.  And people are coming over Sunday.  :-\  Good news, we decided on the color for our bedroom and bought the paint.  I love it - Hubby's putting up with it. 

Mim's doctor appointment is tomorrow.  We're pulling out at 6am.  I put her to bed in the clothes she'll wear tomorrow.  Just pick her up and stick her in the car.  Wish it was that easy for me.

Have a great Wednesday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2009, 09:37:44 pm »
Hi Mum~

Maybe you could buy a color in the "same family" that is much lighter or much darker, and have an accent wall.    ;D  I think that would be kind of cool, esp if you go darker on the spotty wall.  You already have the primer applied.  Yay!   

I want pictures.    :o

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 09:19:58 am »
Hey ladies,

Andrea, how was the gym?  I've been slacking the past couple days.

Mum, good luck with all the redecorating.  And give Mim a hug for me for her dr.'s appointment. 

Netta, good to hear from you!  I hope your GI issues settle down soon.

Cin, I'm sure you whizzed right through that training.

It's rainy today, so I'm not going to do anything.  I'm taking the day off from volunteering.  All I really have to do is take the recycle out to the curb in the front of the apartments (which means I'll have to put on something besides my jamees to do it).  The girl who lived in the front (who I had trouble with awhile back) abandoned the place my landlord told me.  He also told me it's apparent to him that she never cleaned (yuck).  He's hauling stuff out of there, putting it out for the trash pick up.  I may see if, when the apartment's all done, I could take it.  I have never seen it, but it would be bigger than the apartment I have now.          Anyway, I've got to eat something.  My sugar is crashing and I'm starting to shake.  You all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2009, 01:03:53 pm »
Good Morning!

Mum- I hope the baptism goes well. I remember mine...such a memorable and special moment.  :)

Netta- What a drag that the medicine makes you so sleepy. I hope you feel better!

Cindy- How is it going with the home improvements?

Betty- I have been going to the gym at least 5 days a week. I only do cardio which I know is not enough but I don't have the patience for anything else.

It has been so hot here! Thank goodness for air conditioning! Last night my mom, sister, and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. Good movie but I think next time I will wait till normal hours to see a movie. My mom almost got into a "fight" with these stupid girls. While we were waiting someone brought beach balls and they were being hit all over the theater. This was fine at first but once you get continually hit in the head the fun is over. Well my mom started popping them (secretly LOL) and the girls behind us were taking the others and hitting her in the head on purpose. People were asking "Where are the balls?" and the girl was standing up and pointing to my mom. I turned around and scolded with my best teacher voice (LOL) and things seemed to settle down. Finally the movie started. After the movie people were talking about "some lady" who was popping the beach balls....Crazy! Always an event!

Have a good day everyone!
Andrea  ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2009, 04:50:32 pm »
Cindy, problem is that 3 walls are spotted :-\.  I've thought about finding a neat boarder that I can put in the middle of the wall.  That way I only have to paint the bottom half of the walls.  I can't believe I was so stupid.

Well, crap!  Mim has lost 2 more pounds. :(  Dr. F is concerned that she's wasting, concerned that we'll have to change her meds, just plain concerned.  He wants us to give her BeneProtein twice a day, switch her to soy milk, and increase her eating to 6 - 7 times a day.  We need to weigh her a couple times a week, then email him the results once a week.  We go back in 5 wks for another weigh-in.  If she's lost any more weight, we'll have to seriously discuss changes - something none of us wants to have happen.  Ideally, she needs to gain about 10 - 15lbs.  He'd be thrilled if she can get to 60lbs.  I'm at my wits end.

My doc appointment is tomorrow morning.  I'm expecting some great results - as long as she doesn't take me off my meds.  I'm going to have them check my thyroids and hormone levels along with all the other stuff.  I'll let you all know.

Hope you are having a great Wednesday!  Much love to you all!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:02 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT~ Who says you have to put on something other than PJs to take out recycle?  LOL  I remember when I first moved to my townhouse, I would walk a ways down the sidewalk barefoot to put the trash at the curb -- in my Mickey Mouse over-sized nightshirt.  LOL   :o  I was bold then, but I sure had to watch out for a quick breeze, lmao.  Good luck with getting the bigger apt., that would be cool for you!

Viv~We have an intern at work who got Potter tix online and then had to sit on the floor in the hall for 3 hours, waiting for the theater to get ready for the show at 11pm.  Evidently, there was a non-Potter movie showing before the midnight Potter flick.  She looked like death today at work, but she'll survive, she's only 19.   :D  What's up with Mom popping the beachballs?  You should've stood up, turned around and started a game of volleyball.  Oh well, sneaky Mom!  Kudos to you for quieting down "the class."  Hee hee!  Carpet gets installed TOMORROW  OMG I can't wait!

Mum~ Now that's a cool idea, to put up border and only paint half the wall, very clever!  Sorry to hear about Min's weight.  Is two pounds really that much to be concerned about with an active child?  Feed her more pasta.  Also, I thought eating more meals a day INCREASED metabolism, so would that help?  How tall is Min, if you don't mind my asking?  Iceman's kid is going to be 8 in August and she barely weighs 50 pounds.  She eats all day and we don't know where it goes.  She "grazes" and then doesn't want to finish her dinner.  I make her finish when she is here.  I hope YOUR check-up goes well, too.  Isn't this weather awesome?  I love the cool mornings with low humidity.  Looks like we'll be close to 90 on Thurs and Fri and then a beautiful weekend, highs only around 82.  In July!  In DC!  THAT is incredible!  I HATE the heat and its starting to affect my breathing a little, makes me paranoid cause my mother got asthmatic allergies around age 40 or so.  Yikes!

I busted my ass at work today and did three days of work in one day.  I am zipping along so that when I hit a brick wall with this new system, I will have time to read the manuals and figure things out.  I should be OK overall, but its going to be exhausting!

A former client is going to Greece and said he would send me a postcard from there.  Isn't that the coolest?   8)

Edited to add:  I kept wondering who "Kate" was and came to realize she was penguin in our Forums.  I take it the kidney transplant didn't work?  Did she even get one?  Oh dammit.  I am crying now, forgive me Mum for bringing this up, but she passed while I wasn't in the Forums.  I was away much of this year until just a month or so ago.  She was really cool and sent me PMs to give me advice on meds and symptoms, etc.

God Bless Kate    :(

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:18:23 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »
Hey Gf’s sorry I haven’t been around for awhile I was away in Cleveland on Business.  What a busy two days, I am so glad to be home.

Mum I did the wall in my livings room with two colors because I had to cover their  dark green.  I put up a chair molding around it and  painted it he same color as the lighter upper wall.  A boarder would also help break up the colors. Good luck.  I hope Min gains some weight and is doing better. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cindy, I can just see you walking out front in your Micky Mouse night shirt, when I had my townhouse, I used to do the same thing. I would run out to the curb as quick as I could, I didn’t care what my neighbors thought.  I hope everything goes well for you at work. 

Hey all I went with my neice to a Harry Potter preview one time, you noticed I said one time….I would never do that again, it was a mad house.  I went with her to Borders once when they released one of the books, that was kind of fun.  They all dressed up like characters and it was cool.

Andrea I have been going to the gym too.  I try to go at least 4 times a week. I was mad today, I had to miss the gym I had a showing at my house and had to go home to turn off the alarm.  It didn’t make me happy… that’s two days in a row…..boo hoo!

Have an awesome evening everyone.  Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:03 pm »
Cindy, Mim will be 9 the end of Aug.  She's 50 1/4 inches.  If she had *only* lost 2lbs, it would be a concern, but it's 2 MORE pounds.  That makes 5lbs in about 3 1/2mths.  She's lost over 10% of her weight.  We asked the doctor if it's "normal" for kids to lose weight in the summer because of being more active.  He gave us a very sad look and shook his head.  Mim eats more than I do.  I have no idea where she puts it - seriously.  For some reason, she doesn't absorb it like she's supposed to.  We'll know more when we get her lab results.

Mum

Edited to add: High Saturday is 78F.  High Sunday: 76F.  In July!  I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:29:27 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 06:11:01 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, you go girl!  See, being a teacher does pay off.

Mum, my grandkids put away a ton of food and they never gain any weight.  I'm not saying to not be concerned.  It's too bad Mim is losing weight. I hope you can find something that will help her a little.  How does she feel overall?  And good luck with the doctor.  Isn't today the day?

Cin, that made me chuckle about you going to the curb in your Mickey Mouse nightshirt.  In order for me to take out the recycling, I have to walk around to the front of the apartments, down some stairs, and out to the curb.  I just couldn't have done that with my pj's on.     Oh, and Kate never did have a kidney transplant.  They were never able to find a compatible match.  I miss her also.  We chatted on skype for awhile.  She was very close to Matty and Hal (Dachsund).  Morseo than probably anyone else in the forums.

Mary, I think it's great that you're going to the gym.

Nothing up with me except volunteering, which I really need to go get ready for.  You all have a good day. 

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2009, 07:38:06 am »
Viv-LOL!  I think I would have done the same thing if I was your mother especially if it kept hitting me. How was the movie?  I can't wait to see it, we have to see UP and Transformers before the kids will want to see HP.

Mum-Sorry to hear about Mims weight loss.  Can she eat ice cream? Maybe you could make her drinks in the blender and add in some of the weight gain stuff that weight lifters use?

BT- That would be nice if you could move to a bigger place, maybe if you help him to clean it out he will give you a deal /favor?

Missy- How was your trip to Cleveland?  Do you get to travel often?

Well, I went to court again. It turns out he isn't going to have any child support because he receives SSI. There is some law that is set up that people who get SSI not SSDI don't have to pay at all, which I think is stupid.  Now I am just waiting for him to take me back to court for more visitation, which he already has but hasn't gone to set them up.  I wish I could afford a private investigator, then I could show the court that not only is he probably working but he is probably selling drugs and being abusive and he would go back to jail.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:51 am »
Just peeking in before my appointment with Section 8 in about 30 minutes. So consider this a short drive by post.... ;D  Mum, sorry to hear about Mim losing weight also. The ladies seem to have good suggestions for her gaining weight. Someone mentioned pasta, how about potatoes or rice? When I went to my ID doc, I found out I lost 8 pounds but hey I was loving it. I had to do the blasted BIA, I think it was just cause I stopped drinking Pepsi like it was water. Monday I get to see the pcp who said I wasn't his patient. Someone screwed up royally on that one though I am not sure who.

Well, Papi is not coming after all but I am still leaving on the 24th. He will come back with me the end of August. But things are still great. More than great really but I'll just hush about that til another time. I'll write more later. Have a good day, ladies.

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:33 pm »
My doc visit was a big cock-eyed.  The nurse tried to take my blood pressure, using my right arm, with one of those electronic machines and it showed that my right arm had no blood pressure!  Then, she took it in my left arm and it was 140 (high)!  Shoving aside the electronic gagit, she decided to do it the old fashioned way.  My right arm registered 70 (way low) and my left arm was still 140! The highest it's ever been before was 124 with it averaging between 117 - 124 - always taken in my right arm.

The nurse wrinkled her nose and said she'd ask the doctor to check it.  Doc did it the old-fashioned way and got 70 in the right arm and 140 in the left.  We waited a few minutes and checked again, this time with my arms elevated - same results.  Waited and tried with my arms straight down - same thing.  So, she brought in a different nurse - same thing!  No matter who took it or what confounded configuration they put me in, it was always the same. She wrote me a slip for fasting blood work to check pretty much everything, including my thyroids, lipids, sugars, CBC, iron, and untold other stuff.

Now I have to go back on Aug. 17th for another pressure check and to get lab results.  Good grief.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2009, 06:57:25 am »
Morning all,

Snow, you gave me a good idea about telling the landlord I'd help him clean if he gave me a deal.  Maybe he'd let me move in without a deposit.   Anyway, sorry to hear you won't be getting child support.  Do your kids get a check since he's disabled?  I'm not sure how it works with SSI.  I'm hoping the visitation goes to you and the kids' advantage.  Surely it won't work out to SB's.

Queen, now I'm all curious about thing being "more than great."  Come on, girl, fess up!  Also, what's a BIA?

Mum, I have that problem with people at the dr.'s trying to find my pulse. They can find it on one arm, the other one they have an extremely hard time.  And about the bloodwork, well, welcome to our world.  We know what it's like to have a multitude of bloodwork.    I hope things work with Mim.  I agree about the carb stuff-potatoes, pasta, rice etc.  Of course, I'm sure you know, too many carbs can spike blood sugar.   And Snow's suggestion of making milkshakes with what the bodybuilders use is another good suggestion, if Mim can tolerate that stuff.  I would also ask to speak to a nutritionist or dietician who could give you some ideas about it.  Couldn't hurt.

I just have the volunteer thing.  I'm also supposed to meet a friend for coffee this afternoon.  This poor girl.  She has Crohn's, then when she went for a pap smear a few weeks ago, she found out she has HPV.  She's married, but had a brief affair last summer (I'm not going to go into details, but it wasn't only her to blame), which is where I'm assuming she caught it.  She had to have her cervix frozen a few days ago because of precancerous cells.  She said she was in a ton of pain.  I don't know, because I've never had to have my cervix frozen, but someone I know who did said it is a great deal of pain.

My newest granddaughter is doing fine.  When I talk to my daughter, I can hear her fussing, which makes me really want to hold her, damn it.  I wish there wasn't so much distance between.   Anyway, that's about it for me.  You all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2009, 08:08:42 am »
Betty, I missed something - why are you moving?  Will you be staying in the same area?  Mim has a milkshake every morning with her Isopure (protein powder mix).  We couldn't find her BeneProtein at Walmart yesterday, so I'm going to have to call around today to see who sells it.  Her ID doc met with a nutritionist yesterday and talked with her about Mim.  He's supposed to email me later today with her suggestions.  He's also going to see if she'll come talk to us when Mim goes back in September.

I'm used to having blood work done from my cancer days.  I hated it then and I hate it now.  I'm terribly needle-phobic.  I'm putting it off for as long as possible, but I'll get it done before my next appointment.

Nothing going on today.  I've got laundry to dry and need to finish cleaning the house - wash the walls, dust, and clean the bathrooms.  If I do it today, then I'll just have to wipe everything down Saturday night when the kids go to bed.  We'll have about 20 people over Sunday - unless someone shows up who hasn't told us yet.

That's it from this side of the Mason-Dixon.  Hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »
Mum, I don't know for sure that I'm moving.  The girl who lived in the front apartment, which is a 1 bedroom, left.  My apartment is an efficiency, so a 1 br would give me more space.  But, I'm not sure that's what I'm going to do.  It's just a thought.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2009, 06:16:48 am »
Peeking in before I go to bed. Yeah, you read it right. I pulled an all nighter with Warcraft. My Section 8 appointment was ok. I still need the letter from my manager saying there is no damage here. So when I got home Thursday I called her and left a message. She called yesterday wanting to do an inspection. I think the lady at the Section 8 office called her. I told the woman at Section 8 what she had said and the woman told me if she doesn't give me the letter that they would not be able to fax my paperwork to NY Section 8. Like I said, she showed up yesterday to inspect. She couldn't find anything wrong other than to tell me that the carpets will have to be shampooed. She had to find something but the stains in the carpet was here when I got here and after they had been shampooed before I moved in. But then she says that I have to rent a shampoo machine or someone to do it but she needs the receipt. Well my gay friend has a shampoo machine and he said the only reason she wants me to rent one is so she can use it as a write off for her taxes,I should say the realty company she works for.

Betty---Nope, I am not saying anything just yet but when it is confirmed I will let you know. Just know it is all good or will be sometime in the near future. A BIA is some machine that measures your body fat/muscle to see if a person is wasting. He wanted it done since I dropped 8 pounds but everything was good. I still say it's cause I stopped drinking so much Pepsi.

Mum-- I'm not keen on needles either but with all the blood I give up being poz and diabetic, well, I am use to being stuck. Sometimes I feel like a pin cushion. I just hate it when a newbie comes along and can't find my vein. They have 3 tries to get it but by then my arm is black and blue. And I end up looking like someone who shoots up. I bruise easy.

Well, I need to get some sleep. I just hope I don't crash and burn and sleep most of the day......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55:54 am »
Morning all,

Alright, Queen.  I guess I'll have to be happy with the waiting.  I am anxious to hear your news, though.   

Today, my oldest sister and I are supposed to take my grandkids to see the newest "Ice Age."  I'm supposed to pick them up at noon, we're supposed to take them to McDonald's, then go see the movie.  My sinuses are killing me.  It must be time for one of my twice-a-year sinus maladies.  My ears are killing me, throat etc.  Right now, though, it's either a virus or allergies, as nothing is "colorful," if you know what I mean (sorry to be graphic).  I just learned when I used to transcribe for an allergist, that a sinus problem is not considered an infection unless the snot is yellow or green etc. (again, sorry). 

It's rainy and 58 degrees, and not supposed to get above 68 today.  Very strange.  But, that's my day.  You all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2009, 09:05:35 am »
Crap, just lost my post cause I went to Compatibility View under Tools in the middle of it.  Remember to COPY if your post gets HOPPY, then go to Compatibility view.

OK, in a nutshell, Ice's oldest has a bday today, so I will be baking a cake and then we are taking her to see Potter with a GF.  Ice, myself and youngest will go check out the new carpet at my TH and haul away some junk.  I am going to return a shirt I bought last Jan cause my boobs got too big to button it up -- I guess that's a good thing.  LOL  I kept the shirt because I thought I would lose weight, but no such luck.  I'd rather have boobs and the refund.   :P

I need to catch up with my parents while we're out cause my mother's bday is tomorrow and I have a gift for her.

Mum, that's weird about the BP being different in each arm consistently.  Keep us posted on that, please.

Queen, that sucks that the inspector had to find something wrong with the carpets or something.  I would spend $5 on a can of carpet foam and buy a big sponge to go over those spots.  Just tell the woman you did the entire room, but then you wouldn't have the receipt you need, right?  I'm excited that you get to go to NY next week!  Also, I miss those all-nighters I used to do when I was unemployed.  Remember you'd be up at 3am and send me an IM, and there I was?!  LOL :D

BT, sorry about the sinus headache.  I used to get them for three days, lose my appetite due to nausea.  Can you try Walmart brand sinus meds?  Take just one with a ton of water and then see if you get a little relief.  If not, take the second one two hours later and you should be good.  Ice Age should be fun!  

Snow~ I am trying to catch up on the court shenanigans, sounds like you have a shitload to deal with.  Hang in there! You are stronger than you think!   ;)

Time to go bake a cake.  We are going to decorate our own pieces of cake with sprinkles and jimmies.  Found this cute canister in the baking aisle with 6 different toppings to use.  Woo hoo!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:25:17 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 06:02:24 am »
What a rediculously insane weekend!  First, Hubby was out seeing clients on Friday when he called to tell me that the car broke down.  He'd pulled into a gas station to get gas, and it wouldn't start.  He was calling a tow truck.  I told hiim that I was on my way and I'd call when I was on the road.  I gathered up the kids - think no shoes or socks, and me with no bra (am totally identifying with being out in public in a nightgown about now).  I got in the car, drove a bit, turned on my cell phone, and got a "smart chip not recognized" message on it!  Now, I have a car full of half-dressed kids, no cell phone, and no way of knowing where my husband is!

To make a long story short, I tried the gas station first.  Luckily, our middle son had slippers on so I sent him in to search for Hubby.  No such luck.  He jumps back in the car and I decided to try the dealership up the road.  Luckily, there was Hubby standing with a salesman in front of a very expensive-looking new car.  They *should* get to our car by Tuesday.

Then, we get home and start painting the bottom half of the bathroom (the one I goofed) so that we could put up the boarder on Saturday.  That went well and faster than we thought.  So, no big deal there.  Except that Saturday we had to get up at the crack of dawn to put up the boarder before Hubby had to go out of town for training.  But, it got done.

The kids and I busied ourselves getting the house ready for our guests on Sunday.  Our middle daughter decided to flood the garage, our youngest rolled down a hill, and our oldest son discoverd a black snake in our barn.  What did I discover?  That the wax ring on the upstairs toilet somehow got damaged and our toilet is leaking from underneath.  No way to fix it before Monday and we've got loads of people coming today.  Speaking of which, I need to go bake 24 individual-sized pineapple upside down cakes before the kids get up and want breakfast.  It WILL all be over soon - won't it?

Mum

ps. Mim is down 14oz in the last 48hrs. :(
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2009, 07:32:11 am »
Cindy, that cake sounds really cool with the different toppings thing.  I can't take decongestants because I'm on thyroid medication, and they make my heart pound (and I get terrible anxiety attacks).  I had some cold medication I took that has a much lower decongestant amount in it.  That helped. 

Mum, I would demand to see that nutritionist.  Why the doctor didn't make an appointment for you in the first place, I don't know.  It's much better I think if you could talk to her, than having 2nd hand info through the doctor.  And you may have questions of your own.

Yesterday went well.  The movie was good and the grandkids behaved really well.  They usually do, though.  Nothing much going on today.  I may try to get to church somewhere.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline missy

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01:34 am »
Hey Gfs I am having one of those weekends too.  I got up early and cleaned yesterday for an open house and wouldn’t you know it I had a no show.  I  am getting tired of this I just wish my house would sell, it would make it a lot easier for me. Keeping it clean and working all the time is not the easiest task.

BT- I hope all goes well for you with the apartment.

Queen- It sound like you are going to have to bite the bullet and get the shampooer  if you want the letter for the new place. It sucks but sometimes we just have to do it to get want we want in the end.

Mum- I hope your weekend gets better.  I agree with Bt I would want to speak directly with the nutrionist so we would work togethedr as a team. You don’t need the doctor as a middle man.  This way you can react quicker and not be dependent on the doc getting back to you….you go girl!

Moon- good luck with the cakes it sounds like you will have a great time baking and decorating them.  Enjoy this wonderful day if it is anything like yesterday it will hot with little humidity.

Have a great Sunday. Mary

Offline minismom

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2009, 05:10:43 pm »
BT and Missy, our ID doc went to go speak to the nutritionist because she doesn't work where he does.  She actually works come 60 - 70 miles from him.  He had set up a meeting with her to talk about several things and is including Mim in the discussion.  He's also going to try and  talk her into coming to where he works a few times a month to talk with his patients who would benefit from her visiting.  Mim will be one of the patients he wants her to come and "visit" during Mim's next appointment.  Where he works, there is no nutritionist on staff.  That's why he had to go out of town to find one.

Sorry for the confusion.  Have a great Sunday - we all know what tomorrow is.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline missy

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2009, 07:27:00 pm »
Hey mum, it sounds like their are no nutrionists in your area so your Doc is doing the best he can to get one for you, I hope all goes well. Mary

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2009, 09:36:54 pm »
Hi GFs~

Whew what a weekend.  I didn't bitch as much at the kids, just tried to be upbeat and keep things happy for the birthday weekend.  I was on my feet a lot and I have a slight sore throat starting.  Bday kid had a friend sleep over Sat night and the friend had a really sore throat.  I wonder if its allergies or what?  What is prevalent now, ragweed?  Seems too early, besides we have had a cool summer so maybe everything is behind as far as what is producing pollen and whatnot.

BT~  I take thyroid medication and find it interesting what you said about taking sinus meds with it.  I'm going to pay more attention the next time, too, and see what happens.  Glad you are doing better and that the kids behaved.

Mum~What a weekend for you but good job on finding hubby at the dealership on Friday, sans cellphone, lol!  Did you get the 24 cakes baked?  I baked the birthday cake Sat morning and it was the moistest cake I had ever made.  I did really good, cause actually, I can't remember ever having baked a cake.  Bday kid left it here cause she is having a party next weekend at Mom's so Ice and I can pig out.

Mary~How long has your house been on the market?  Ice and I went to my TH that I am putting up for rent and checked out the carpet on Saturday.  Its a beige berber and it looks really good!  I was so happy.  The kitchen is outdated with ugly dark brown veneer cupboards and a yellow stove from 1983, but I don't care, its a rental.  I have to put an ad in the paper this week and have an open house soon.  I hope someone rents quick and doesn't tear the place up!

Throat is really bugging me so I am going to go take some Advil.  I hope I'm not catching anything from that kid who was here.  :(  Sweet girl, I hope she feels better.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:38:44 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2009, 02:16:32 am »
Wooo Hooo, 5 days and I will be in NY. And I am just about packed already except for a few last minute things. I can't wait, going to download some music for my mp3 player for the long trip. This time I am going to bring my laptop so I can watch movies and play my Warcraft while Papi is working out at the gym.

Tomorrow is the appointment with the new PCP. I feel kinda bad because it will probably be the only time I see him. But I am going to see if he will give me plenty of refills for my Lantus so I don't have to worry about that while away. I'm pretty much stocked up on everything else.

Nothing much happened today. It just seemed like I could barely keep my eyes open and was napping a lot. And eating in between, I made a pork roast with cabbage and bacon. I think tomorrow I'll eat a steak with the cabbage and freeze the pork roast for another time.

Mum---WOW, it seems like lately if it isn't one thing it's another. Yet you seem to always take things in stride. I wish I could be like that, I usually put myself in a panic.

Cindy--- I use to bake stuff with my Dad when he was alive. Man, there wasn't anything he couldn't bake. I loved his chocolate cake and lemon meringue pie. MMM, I have been craving cheesecake lately. Papi says there are a few places in NY that supposedly make the best cheesecake. Even cheesecake for diabetics, got to check that one out. Something is definitely in the air around here, my nose is either running like a faucet or dry as a desert.

Before I forget, someone needs to start a new thread. Cindy, you haven't done one in awhile. I think it's usually Betty, Me, Mum, or Netta that usually gets one going. All I know someone needs to step up and start one. We are well over a 100 posts in this one...

Well, I am off to watch Wolf and download music.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2009, 05:54:32 am »
Yep, Queen, this one is getting long, but it's too early and I can't think of anything snazzy.

Cindy, yep, made 24 individual pineapple upside down cakes.  Sounds impressive, but it was really easy.  I managed to make them mostly sugar-free and no one could tell.  We have VBS all week this week with Hubby and I teaching on Wednesday.  Then one more party to do on Saturday, then I get to breathe. 

My nose has been pouring.  I can't even bend over without it dripping.  It's perfectly clear so must be my histamines.  I need to call the doctor and see what allergy stuff I can take with my meds.  Don't want to OD or knock myself out.

I love to cook and bake.  I don't usually get the change to do a lot during the summer because of the heat.  Last week was PERFECT - highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's.  I was a cooking maniac!  This weeks temps are getting back up into the mid to high 80's, so the oven won't be on.  I did figure out how to bake cakes in my roaster..lol..and it won't heat up the house.

Not yet 6am here and debating going back to bed or just staying awake.  Have a great Monday, everyone!!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2009, 06:03:21 am »
Morning all,

Mary, good luck with selling the house.  It's just not a good time.  But, keep your chin up.

Mum, it's too bad the nutritionist is so far away.  I do hope she agrees to go to his office a couple days a week. 

Cin, yeah, it's only the decongestants that aren't supposed to be mixed with thyroid meds.  Antihistamines aren't a problem.  I hope your throat is feeling better.  I don't know what allergen is plentiful right now, but I know my nose has been stuffy almost all the time, and my throat has been extremely scratchy. 

Queen, I know you're excited to go back to NY.  I hope you have a great ride there.  And good luck with the new doctor.

Nothing to report here, really.  My brother was over last night and was telling me his girlfriend is still getting food stamps.  Now, she's been getting them since her and my brother moved in together.  She doesn't report that he lives with her, and she doesn't report that she's working.  My bro said she gets about $165/month (food stamps).  He said "well, she doesn't make very much money, only about $15,000 last year."  I told him I made $9000 last year and only get $16/month.  And, with him living there, they make a little over $50,000.  So, she shouldn't be getting them at all.  I told him I think she probably knows someone at the welfare dept. since she's been getting them for two years without getting caught.  And it bugs me a little that she can get away with that.  Not that I want her to go to prison, but hey, live like the rest of us have to.  It's not like they'd be hurting if she didn't get them.   How some people get away with things and others can't is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm rambling.  You ladies have a good day.

Edited to add something
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:49:20 pm by BT65 »

Offline minismom

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2009, 07:12:38 am »
Oh, Betty, that aggrivates the snot out of me, too.  Just means that there's less money for the people who really need it.  $50,000 / yr. for 2 people is danged good money.  Certainly enough to buy food.    I've had clients that can't add single digits, but they could tell you 100 ways to screw the system.  Drove me batty.

Missy, yes, Dr. F is a wondeful doctor.  I wish we would've known about him earlier in Mim's treatment, though.  We had another PID for 8 1/2yrs that had her head up her butt.  Unfortunately, we didn't know - thought she was doing a good job.  Then I found AIDSmeds, re-educated myself (with lots of help from folks here) and changed doctors 4mths ago.  I can't say enough about our new doctor.

As you can see, I've yet to make it back to bed.  Kiddies will be up soon so now it's a lost cause.  Hopefully I can get an afternoon nap in.  Bracing myself for the call from the mechanic letting us know how much it'll cost to fix the car.

Make it a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2009, 06:51:53 pm »
Ok, well, I guess I will think of a catchy title for a new thread.....So Ann can lock this one......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.