Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 375
Total: 376

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Little Changes  (Read 14986 times)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
Little Changes
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »
First I wanted to share, I got my hair done today. Dyde, and cut.  May not seem like a lot but man did it cheer me up! I felt better about myself and soo much younger with the change (before grays were peeking thru, and it was died platinum blonde and 3rd degree black and my brown roots were showing pretty bad.) I looked like a mess.

But today I got it cut and dyde burgundy...makes me want to go out dancing!

so the question is, what small changes in your life recently have really cheered you up?
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline tednlou2

Re: Little Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 11:15:50 pm »
Little changes?  Lost 12 pounds so far...need another 12.  I finally got around to shaving things downstairs and giving the boys a trim--no dye job though.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:19:18 pm »
Ravhyn .... you look great !!!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:36:26 pm »

I like the hair.  My wife recently had micro-braids put in, which I think make her look soo sexy.  What little things do I do?  Hmmm, tomorrow I will use a new blade after using the same one for a month.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:43 pm »
Your hair looks super...I love the color.  I agree that changes make one feel better. 

As far as changes I make, I did my nails today and my brows.  Whoa, they were getting wolfy!  Actually I am very low maintainence.  I hate to do anything that would require me to go back frequently like getting fake nails or hair colors.
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:06:23 am »
Sunday I got a new copier/printer/fax.  The old one was an obstacle to dealing with 'official business'.  I've already used the new one to obtain or apply for copay assistance on all my meds, adding up to about $555 a month so far and more pending.  You can imagine what a load off my mind that is!
It's a complex world

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:40 am »
You look mighty nice, Rave.

After a couple of shitty weeks in my personal life I also decided to make a few changes this past weekend.  I changed my hair (double zero on the sides, one at the top... blend it nicely), and the clothes I wear (shopping spree for new shirts and jeans)... Got brand new shoes and attitude.  
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 12:27:43 am »
You look mighty nice, Rave.

After a couple of shitty weeks in my personal life I also decided to make a few changes this past weekend.  I changed my hair (double zero on the sides, one at the top... blend it nicely), and the clothes I wear (shopping spree for new shirts and jeans)... Got brand new shoes and attitude.  

LOL you cut your own hair don't you?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:32 am »
LOL you cut your own hair don't you?

Chile, no. I'd be looking like van Gogh if I tried.  I have to do it at Andy's Hair Salon in Coral Gables.  Everyone else just doesn't get it right.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 01:06:19 am »
But today I got it cut and dyde burgundy...makes me want to go out dancing!

so the question is, what small changes in your life recently have really cheered you up?
You're looking good, Rav! and thanks for asking about us!

I just got a new razor - the Schick Hydro, which has a rebate for the cost, making it Free!

I dyed my hair - blonde this time since I'm spending all my spare time out in the sun and in the pool. My hair's been graying since I turned 18 and underneath either the blonde, the light ash brown, or the ultra-copper red that I've dyed it over the years, it's all pretty much white now.

And I've been working very hard on my tan and it's starting to look really good. I've been working up such a sweat  :D lying out by the pool almost all afternoon, every afternoon reading a book a day. ;D I know, I know, skin cancer and all that. But I just spent 25 yrs in Ohio being pasty white (I was practically invisible in a snowstorm  :D) except for a couple of years when I was living at my late partner's and lying out by his pool. I lost all my tan over the last 2 years after he passed away and I lost the house and the pool.

Now all this extra Vit D is making me feel good and since I'm not taking Bactrim anymore, the extra sunshine doesn't make me itch like mad like it did in years past.  ;D Now if the skeeters would just quit biting, everything would be nearly perfect. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:52 am »
I'm shopping for a new job and a new town to call home.  Hopefully both of these things will become a reality very soon.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:36 am »
You look good girl....Well if being dumped by my bf with someone else telling me is a small change then I guess I am doing good.... :D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 07:57:49 am »
Chile, no. I'd be looking like van Gogh if I tried.  I have to do it at Andy's Hair Salon in Coral Gables.  Everyone else just doesn't get it right.

You should try Black and White on NW 7th Avenue and 119th Street.  Blended nicely is another way to describe a terrible fade, which won't happen at Black and White.  They have a Cuban cafe next door for that much needed expresso before getting cut and an authentic Miami-style Chinese restaurant where you place your order through an 8 inch hole covered with security bars.  There is a feeling you get after getting a fresh cut finished off with a deep friend eggrole, I just can't explain it.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 09:40:19 am »
They have a Cuban cafe next door for that much needed expresso before getting cut and an authentic Miami-style Chinese restaurant where you place your order through an 8 inch hole covered with security bars.  There is a feeling you get after getting a fresh cut finished off with a deep friend eggrole, I just can't explain it.

I love those sort of places.  There's one in the Gables (on Miracle Mile) where they mix Chinese, Nicaraguan, Jamaican (if I'm not mistaken), and Cuban cuisines.  You get some General Tso's chicken with fried maduros, a won-ton soup and a tres leches to go.

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:17 am »
ty guys,

Hellraiser you should move to my town =) Economies not too bad because of the army base.  at least I should say we dont feel the recession here like most places.  Anywhere close to an army base is good.  As long as they have a decent sized town near it. 

Leatherman, I'm 27 years old. I've been going grey since I was 16.  Both my grandpa and great grandmother had full heads of grey hair before they were 30.  (I never seem to pick up any of the good family genes like high metabolizm's lol)
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 10:00:17 am »
I'm 27 years old. I've been going grey since I was 16.  Both my grandpa and great grandmother had full heads of grey hair before they were 30.  (I never seem to pick up any of the good family genes like high metabolizm's lol)

I'm like you; grays since I was 19 or 20.  Genes can be bitchy.  Nowadays I look like a Cuban George Clooney.  But I refuse to color them and look like some of the cheesy queens that I see with colored heads (especially cause my hair is the sort of extra-black that would look almost blue-ish under the right light).

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:42 am »
Both my grandpa and great grandmother had full heads of grey hair before they were 30.  (I never seem to pick up any of the good family genes like high metabolizm's lol)
I take after my mom's side of the family. Both of those grandparents had white hair by the time they were 40. Who knows about my mom. :D She colors her hair so frequently, there's no way a single root ever sees the light of day to show the real color.  ;D

Thankfully, along with their white-hair genes, I did get the metablism gene too. At 93 Nana is still thin and active, and at 48 I weight only a few lbs over the 130 that I did when I graduated from high school (and that's been a long time now ::)).

Since Nana's mom lived to 99, and Nana is 93 and still driving (better than my Mom that's for sure ROFL), and I've outlived teh aids and PCP by 14+ yrs, and outlived two partners now, I'm thinking/hoping I've got that longevity gene going too. ;)

being dumped by my bf with someone else telling me
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that Queen.  :-* hugs to you!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 11:09:29 am »
I lvoe your hair. very nice.

For me, a good hair cut and brow waxin' always cheers me up.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:21 am »
brow waxin' always cheers me up.

Figures.  Such a metro-queen.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:59 am »
I'm like you; grays since I was 19 or 20.  Genes can be bitchy.  Nowadays I look like a Cuban George Clooney.  But I refuse to color them and look like some of the cheesy queens that I see with colored heads (especially cause my hair is the sort of extra-black that would look almost blue-ish under the right light).

I too started graying around that time, everyone comments on it.  I don't really give a damn however as I still get told I look younger than I actually am.

Ravhyn I've had someone trying to convince me to move to nashville for literally a year now.  I'm still trying to get back on my feet after getting cut off at the knees a year ago however.  We definitely need to meet up before too long as you're only about a 7 hour drive from me.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:23 am »
Nowadays I look like a Cuban George Clooney.

Must be a strong mojito you're having today.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:07 am »
Must be a strong mojito you're having today.

Breakfast of champions.  They're great for your self-esteem.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 11:37:08 am »

I've had someone trying to convince me to move to nashville ....

or Memphis, or Schnectedy or Kalamazzoo....wherever his truck stops over for the night.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 01:00:32 pm »
grey hair genes = sheer evil =)

I was actually doing some research on the whole grey hair thing a few weeks back, and the most I could get out of it was that it was usually a sign of genetic disorders. 

longevity doesn't work in my family, cancer wipes us out but we multiply like rabbits..at least the rest of the family does lol.  If I could have kids I would probable have an entire mini army of nerds. 

It wont be teh aids that kills me, I'll probable get like 10 different cancers all at once, tends to happen in this family a lot. 

Hellraiser, oh! go to Nashville that's like an hour away from me.  We can nerd it up and play some Warcraft.  or I can come kidnap yea one day and show you around base.  Take you down to the hanger too see the chinook's.
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:18 pm »
Figures.  Such a metro-queen.

Don't hate me. You think it's easy being this beautiful?

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:14 pm »
Don't hate me.

I would nevah.  You know that my love for you runs deeper than whatever river.

You think it's easy being this beautiful?

I know.   It is simply traumatizing.  I have to see Eduardo, my shrink, about it twice a month.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »
Rav,

Girl, you look good!

I like your hair color.  That stripped top is nice too.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »
Very nice!  Looking good!!
Isn't it funny how much better a haircut can make you feel?  Everytime I get mine cut my SO can't tell but I know it feels healthier and makes me feel better. You could always dance in your living room, the kids and I watched a dance movie the other night and after we moved some stuff over and were shaking our booties.  ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:52 pm »
I always feel better when I wash my hair and brush my tooth! 

On a serious note:  Any little thing that makes us feel good is a great boost.  For me, sometimes its just getting a nice new pair of shoes (very materialistic I know).  That is such a luxury when you have to pinch pennies like I do.  An early birthday gift was given to me recently that included a gift certificate for Dillard's Dept Store.  The new shoes I got made my day like nothing else would.  I LOVE my new dark green Merrells!!! 

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 10:21:00 pm »
I lvoe your hair. very nice.

For me, a good hair cut and brow waxin' always cheers me up.

-Will

Somehow, I get the most wonderful visuals of this. What part of your body do you want waxed? ;D

GROPES er, I mean HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 10:23:12 pm »
I always feel better when I brush my tooth! 

Only one :(?  Where do you live, Appalachia?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »
Only one :(?  Where do you live, Appalachia?

She's another Miss Palmetto from what I gather.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 10:52:29 pm »
I felt better about myself and soo much younger with the change (before grays were peeking thru, and it was died platinum blonde and 3rd degree black and my brown roots were showing pretty bad.)
oops. tonite I went from blonde to way too dark brown.  ::) maybe I should have gone with a burgundy too LOL
Oh well, the sun and chlorine will take of it soon enough I'm sure; but at least for a while I'll look a few yrs younger.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »
Its one big gigantic sabertooth!  I feel like Bucky beaver with this thing sticking out of my mouth all the time. 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 01:31:08 am »
[img][/img]

This clock brings me so much enjoyment.  I first saw it in "Jack's" office on "Will & Grace".  I looked for the set decorator's name in the credits of the show and looked for her on Facebook.  She replied and told me where she bought it for the show.  I got it for $80.  I finally got it on the wall and love looking at it.  That is a lot of enjoyment for not much money. 

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 07:31:56 am »
A bottle of peroxide in the hand's of a queen is deadlier than meth.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:05:25 am by Dachshund »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:05 am »
Got a buzz cut too!

I discussed my changes (re: hoarding) in another thread and got some kind responses and some NASTY IGNORANT shade. Anyway, the clear out is going quite well, and I can walk into each room now which makes me very happy. Today I'm taking a few more loads to the charity dumpsters. 

I found 6 french amber deco vases and lined them up on a shelf at eyelevel.  This weekend I'm going to cut flowers for them, and my eyes. They probably haven't had flowers in them for years, and its been a year since I had nice bouquets in my home.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 10:01:14 am »
[img][/img]

This clock brings me so much enjoyment.  I first saw it in "Jack's" office on "Will & Grace".  I looked for the set decorator's name in the credits of the show and looked for her on Facebook.  She replied and told me where she bought it for the show.  I got it for $80.  I finally got it on the wall and love looking at it.  That is a lot of enjoyment for not much money. 

That is a bad ass clock, very nice.

Got a buzz cut too!

I discussed my changes (re: hoarding) in another thread and got some kind responses and some NASTY IGNORANT shade. Anyway, the clear out is going quite well, and I can walk into each room now which makes me very happy. Today I'm taking a few more loads to the charity dumpsters. 

I found 6 french amber deco vases and lined them up on a shelf at eyelevel.  This weekend I'm going to cut flowers for them, and my eyes. They probably haven't had flowers in them for years, and its been a year since I had nice bouquets in my home.

It was tough love Mecch!! 

Offline john33

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 10:16:54 am »
[img][/img]

i like the clock,
tell all Tednlou, where do you get them.

As for changes, hummmm;

I moved 2 weeks ago, still in Bordeaux; but this new place is worlds apart from the last and i love it. It's even got AC (not that i use it much as it costs a fortune to run apparently, but it keeps the lady in my life cool)

(as usual edited for spelling)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:20:30 am by john33 »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 11:12:37 am »

I discussed my changes (re: hoarding) in another thread and got some kind responses and some NASTY IGNORANT shade.

Damn, Missy.  Sensitive, are we?  Going through finals or something?  Not like you haven't engaged in back-and-forth catty chats in the past. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 03:02:31 pm »
Well, tomorrow night, I'm going to eat supper with a couple friends at a jazz club, then we're going to see 'Rent.'  It's a change, because I've never been to this jazz club.  I hear it's uppity, though, which I'm not crazy about.

Edited to add:  Rev!  I just noticed you have a little over 1,000 posts!  Congrats baby.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 03:12:48 pm »
Well, tomorrow night, I'm going to eat supper with a couple friends at a jazz club, then we're going to see 'Rent.'  It's a change, because I've never been to this jazz club.  I hear it's uppity, though, which I'm not crazy about.

Edited to add:  Rev!  I just noticed you have a little over 1,000 posts!  Congrats baby.

Ms. Betty :). I was wondering about you since I haven't seen you post much lately.  Yeah, I finally broke 1k.  Enjoy 'Rent'!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 01:21:00 am »
i like the clock,
tell all Tednlou, where do you get them.

littleclockshop.com     

They have a crome version and a black version.  On the show, Jack's office used the crome. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.