Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:04:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 160
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 131
Total: 132

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: VERYYYYYYYYY SCARED  (Read 6125 times)

Offline anonymous2076

VERYYYYYYYYY SCARED
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:49:56 am »
Two days ago i had sex with ex I have known for 13 yrs. Even though i was really into the moment i brought three condoms with me. each two times we made intercourse,i used a new condom. what is the possibility i was infected

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Trojan condom
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:30:35 am »
You had potected sex on two occasions...protected sex=safe sex...you did the right thing, so no need to worry about this.

Just remember to use condoms at all times for anal/vaginal sex...NO EXCEPTIONS.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 07:11:03 am »
anon,

Along with reading the forum posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread, click on the link to the Transmission Lesson so you can learn what is and what is not a risk for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific, protected incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

PS - Remember, do NOT post anywhere outside your own thread! Thank you for your cooperation.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:50:33 am »
anon,

AFTER I wrote the above post to you, you proceeded to post in other threads a total of SIX times. What didn't you understand about "Along with reading the forum posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread" and "PS - Remember, do NOT post anywhere outside your own thread!"? You were also warned by Moderator Jan (aka anniebc) about this practice.

I'm giving you a seven day Time Out for failing to heed my words of warning. I hope this action will reinforce with you the need to abide by our forum posting guidelines. We take this very seriously in this forum.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out or you will be permanently banned.

Ann

edited to fix link
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:57:35 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: What was i thinking
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 05:26:42 am »
Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline anonymous2076

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 05:36:01 am »
 What was i thinking
« on: Today at 05:16:55 am »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please help me get my mind at ease. I believe I have done something real stupid and i am going out of my mind that I cant even SLEEP at night. All I keep thinking is the WHAT IF. Heres the scenario :

1. Went to a girl's house that I have known for a while and I know for a fact that this girl has only been with two other people and has been with them for 2 yrs each(monogamous relatioships with both); when I went to her house, one thng lead to another and we made out.

2. Before sexual intercourse occured, i fingered her pretty rough to the point that she climaxed; before sexual intercourse I made sure to put on a condom on before I even had sex with her.

3. The sex was pretty short (max 3 mins) and when I pulled out I tok off the condom and put on a brand new one and had sexual intercourse with her. (the old condom seemed a lil dry, but at no point seemed to have teared).

4. After foreplay and sex (me fingering her), i went to the bathroom to take off the condom and i noticed blood on the condom.

5. Given that i had fingered her, could the blood have gotten on my finger(no cuts or bruises) and should i be worried?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 06:05:58 am »
anon,

Fingering, even when there's blood present, is not a risk for hiv infection.

Did you bother to read the Welcome Thread like I asked you to? I'm guessing NO, because you started a new thread. Get reading. Continued failure to abide by our posting guidelines will result in you being banned from this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 06:08:00 am »
Again you had protected sex, fingering is not and never has been a risk for HIV, you have been asked several times to read the Welcome Thread and follow the lessons on how HIV is and is not transmitted..read them again and keep reading until you uderstand and educate yourself.... protected sex still equalls safe sex.

Please keep all your question in this thread from now on...DO NOT START A DIFFERENT THREAD EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO ASK A QUESTION.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 09:35:02 am »
I'm only replying because you PM'd me and not because I have anything to add beyond what you have already been told by others. Even with knicks, bruises, sores and the like on fingers, fingering has never been a risk for HIV transmission. You are worrying needlessly.

And if you can't let go of this unwarranted concern then I suggest you see a counselor or other professional to discuss what's going on.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline anonymous2076

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 11:47:36 am »
Ann, Andy, and everyone else, thanks so much for the quick responses. As for Andy, im sorry for PMing you anout this issue but it was killing me. Ann, as far as the starting thread, quite frankly i am quite confused. i have kept to this thread here instead of the other I had started. Any more questions, issues, concerns i have i will keep it to this thread.

Andy and all, the info u have provided really helps me out quite a bit. I was not able to sleep or quite frankly even be at peace with myself. thanks.In last, i would also assume that testing over this scenario would be a waste of money and resources?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 12:08:44 pm »
There's absolutely no need for testing. We've that quite clear.

This worrying is all about head stuff going on with you and has nothing to do with anything based in HIV science.
Andy Velez

Offline anonymous2076

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 12:15:39 pm »
thanks Andy. Just my thought exactly. i would rather save the money to go catch a couple of beers with some friends or spend it getting some new clothes. 'ppreciate the info andy and making sense of me not spending my money on something that there is no need to spend it on

Offline anonymous2076

VERYYYYYYYYY SCARED
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34:23 pm »
I went to a  massage parlor and one thing lead to another and i had sex with the masseuse. It was brief encounter(5 mins total). Most of the five minutes she jacked me off. Before there was sexual intercourse the worker put a condom on me and we had brief sex (3 mins); like 1 min doggy style and the other min missionary stye. As the worker proceeded to jack me off she took the condom on to be able to jack me off. What Risk Do i have ???? I have been very very very worried that maybe i might have been at real risk

Offline RapidRod

Re: VERYYYYYYYYY SCARED
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 02:17:37 pm »
Zero.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 02:32:40 pm »
anon,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. You've been told to read these guidelines repeatedly in the past. If you fail to heed our instructions this time around, you'll quickly be given another time out. Thank you for your cooperation.

You should also know from your previous time spent on this forum that being masturbated is in NO WAY a risk for hiv infection. Neither is protected intercourse.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anonymous2076

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »
Ann, thanks for the info. I know it has been a long time and did not know i had to use the same thread that I originally started... As for the above incident, i meant to say that she took the condom "off" to jack me off. I know there was a condom on when intercourse happened but when she took the condom off is the only time i realy flipped out and brought it to her attention and all she said was that she had to take it odd in order to jack me off.... im slowly getting over the incident and at one point thought about doing PEP but realized there was prob no need for that..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 05:37:29 am »
Anon,

So a sex worker touched your penis while there was no condom on it. So what. It wasn't a risk for hiv infection. Get over it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.