Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:17:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Karel radio host just said people with hiv deserve it  (Read 23511 times)

Offline eeknyc

Karel radio host just said people with hiv deserve it
« on: June 17, 2010, 08:30:52 pm »
At about 8:10pm EST NYC in discussing the oil catastrophe, the out gay political radio host and comic Karel host at green960.com i think he just said "[objectively] if you get HIV you deserve it 'cause you know how to avoid it, it's a hard virus to get and (then he repeated) you deserve it."

he qualified it with "unless you got it through needles or non-sexual means"

i really hope he didn't say that i have been working so hard on my self esteem regeneration so i can be in the presence of gay men again THE PODCAST SHOULD BE UP SOON (i am too sad after anger to email him in case he is the real blowhard i think he might be)

heard at http://www.green960.com/pages/karel.html OR maybe an archive for today's statement at his site at
http://www.radiokrl.com/radiokrl/RadioKRL_Home.html

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Karel radio host just said people with hiv deserve it
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »
In my opinion, that is an example of clumsy wording by a presumably hiv- person.

You are going to hear more or less the same thing in these forums from a lot of people applied to a lot of HIV infections.
Except in here, people will say if you have HIV, you are responsible for your infection.
Its really only a matter of semantics between "responsible" or "deserve".

I hope you can build your self esteem on something more solid than moral judgments by strangers about HIV transmission.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:55:58 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »
This should be good.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 08:57:03 pm »
I sat on a dirty toilet seat*.  I deserve nothing.

*at the original Sound Factory
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »
You are going to hear more or less the same thing in these forums from a lot of people applied to a lot of HIV infections.
Except in here, people will say if you have HIV, you are responsible for your infection.
Its really only a matter of semantics between "responsible" or "deserve".

I hope you can build your self esteem on something more solid than moral judgments by strangers about HIV transmission.

Pointy words of wisdom from our very own governess. :)

Far be it from me to correct you, ma'am but that should be "some people will say if you have HIV you are responsible for your infection."

MtD

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 09:15:52 pm »
no way
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:33:07 pm by eeknyc »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:57:06 pm »

ito counter the sadness and self-hatred brought about by gay men rejecting me now.

When you say reject are you referring to sex or friendship? Maybe your running with the wrong group. I have yet to be rejected by any gay man whether Poz or Neg friendship wise, and as far as sex what little Ive dabbled in I havent really received any rejection either.

You shouldnt be feeling self hatred regardless of the situation, yeah i think talking with a therapist might give you a different view on things.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 09:57:38 pm »
disrespectful deleted
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:33:51 pm by eeknyc »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:01:07 pm »
I've heard a lot of gay guys say the same thing and be so vicious about it--even though some of them are whores and do it bareback, but want to get on their high horse.  As was mentioned here earlier, we say the same thing--just in a more diplomatic way.  We say you're responsible.  No one deserves a terrible virus just because they had sex with someone.

Modified to say:  Some of us say we're all responsible
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:04:01 pm by tednlou2 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:57 pm »
Got something against putas, Theodore?  Didn't know you were such a h8tr.  ay, que PUTA es la mujer esa, le gusta chingar con 25 hombres a la misma vez...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:09:29 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:01 pm »
thank you tednlou2

thank you

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
I've heard a lot of gay guys say the same thing and be so vicious about it--even though some of them are whores and do it bareback, but want to get on their high horse.  As was mentioned here earlier, we say the same thing--just in a more diplomatic way.  We say you're responsible.  No one deserves a terrible virus just because they had sex with someone.

Modified to say:  Some of us say we're all responsible

I like to say I was irresponsible myself.  Do you have an issue with whores Teddy?  You know they're people too.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:36 pm »
Got something against putas, Theodore?  Didn't know you were such a h8tr.

I love a good ho now and then.  I'm sure I would have qualified as one in my younger days.  My sex life is dragging these days.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »
oh yeah mecch ? how'm i gonna build huh? feel free to suggest or don't whatever for you and the horse you rode in on LOL

and: and it isn't just strangers mech thank for your semantics clarification though

STIGMA OUT!

I'm confused. What happened to your post about being beaten to death on a dancefloor by a bunch of neggies armed with martini glasses?  At least that was slightly humourous.

So this man said something nasty on the air.  Oh well, you can count on the fact that other people out there think/feel the same way; they just don't voice it out of political correctness. If you allow what they think about HIV to define you or damage your psychology then you are giving them that power.

Good luck in dealing with what's affecting you. You did not deserve getting this, but as stated by La Meechie and Matty you'll see that round here (with the exception of borzel and a couple other people) we tend to accept responsibility for the actions that brought us where we are today.

Best regards,

Da Rev. (who didn't deserve this as he was immaculately infected)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »
ay, que PUTA es la mujer esa, le gusta chingar con 25 hombres a la misma vez...

Or for the Polocks amongst us...."oh, że suka jest kobietą, która lubi się pieprzyć z 25 mężczyzn w tym samym czasie."

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:16:08 pm »
Or for the Polocks amongst us...."oh, że suka jest kobietą, która lubi się pieprzyć z 25 mężczyzn w tym samym czasie."

Is that one of dem dere Apple keyboards?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:18:25 pm »
Is that one of dem dere Apple keyboards?

No, I cheated and copied and pasted from Google Translations.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline nixsmail

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:44 pm »
this particular "host" isn't worth the time or effort. he's been on the 3-6 drive time slot for a while now and i really can't stand to listen to him for lots or reasons he's just obnoxious. have emailed the 960 station here in the bay area to voice my opinion. i now listen to music on the way home, probably better for me anyway. just my 2 cents worth.
09/05/07 Officially diagnosed +4yrs at the time
11/06/07 CD4 624 (18%) VL 43,200
05/04/09 CD4 272 (15%) VL 521,190
06/10/09 CD4 127 (13%) VL 626,376 Started Truvada/Prezista/Norvir
07/15/09 CD4 849 (20%) VL 379
09/09/09 CD4 594 (21%) VL 68
01/28/10 CD4 706 (23%) VL 127
05/27/10 CD4 655 (22%) VL 322
07/29/10 CD4 750 (22%) VL 220
10/22/10 CD4 669 (23%) VL 65
12/27/10 CD4 720 (24%) VL 270
03/08/11 CD4 644 (23%) VL 631
07/27/11 CD4 694 (23%) VL <20
03/09/12 CD4 601 (20%) VL UND
11/07/12 CD4 693 (23%) VL UND
04/17/13 CD4 559 (23%) VL UND
11/07/13 CD4 846 (24%) VL UND
03/28/14 CD4 869 (24%) VL UND

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 10:20:46 pm »
No, I cheated and copied and pasted from Google Translations.

eres un hijo de la chingada!

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »
ay, que PUTA es la mujer esa, le gusta chingar con 25 hombres a la misma vez...

Pero chica Felicita mi amiga, why chu talkin' bout me with la Teodora?  No se te puede conta' na'.  
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 10:24:04 pm »

Theodore ti si neki smiješan Gvido , JA misliti Gđica Phyllicia poput te.

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:49 pm »
this particular "host" isn't worth the time or effort. he's been on the 3-6 drive time slot for a while now and i really can't stand to listen to him for lots or reasons he's just obnoxious. have emailed the 960 station here in the bay area to voice my opinion. i now listen to music on the way home, probably better for me anyway. just my 2 cents worth.

THANK YOU
I WANTED TO LIKE HIM BUT HE'S A PART OF ANOTHER COMMUNITY, THE GAY ONE I MISS IN A WAY
BUT I WILL MEDITATE on poz.com's 'taking responsibility' tenet/mantra instead of his screaming stoned words....

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37:47 pm »
THANK YOU
I WANTED TO LIKE HIM BUT HE'S A PART OF ANOTHER COMMUNITY, THE GAY ONE I MISS IN A WAY
BUT I WILL MEDITATE on poz.com's 'taking responsibility' tenet/mantra instead of his screaming stoned words....

Well it's not a Poz or AIDSmeds tenet [sic] or mantra. It's a view expressed by a number of forums members.

I happen to be one of those members.

MtD

Offline mecch

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »
Pointy words of wisdom from our very own governess. :)

Far be it from me to correct you, ma'am but that should be "some people will say if you have HIV you are responsible for your infection."

MtD

Ok with me, the some  :)
thats what I meant
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:17 pm »
oh yeah mecch ? how'm i gonna build huh? feel free to suggest or don't whatever
 for you and the horse you rode in on LOL

and: and it isn't just strangers mech thank for your semantics clarification though

STIGMA OUT!

I agree with you, its not just strangers, OK.
Build on all the things that have nothing to do with HIV, dear.  Your work, friends, family, all the ways people who love you like you enjoy you and need you and have nothing to do with HIV.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:32 pm »
I agree with you, its not just strangers, OK.
Build on all the things that have nothing to do with HIV, dear.  Your work, friends, family, all the ways people who love you like you enjoy you and need you and have nothing to do with HIV.

you are being too nice to someone who technically told you to naff off. Matty's right, you are our local governess. Can we call you Jane Eyre?

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »
'naff off' meaning what specifically and what's w/ this governess nickame?

and you"rev" wants less nice to whom?

Offline eeknyc

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »
nixsmall:

i love your 'two cents"
and your goodsense

:0!

Offline elf

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 03:56:46 am »
It's a new phenomenon. More and more gay/bi people are rejecting HIV+ people while
heterosexual people seem to be more and more tolerant/supportive.

Yes, I deserve HIV because I slept once without a condom.
That's my sin.  :P

---
''You deserve it'' sounds like something a Bible belt fanatic priest or Idaho mormon would say.
I was expecting something more like ''You shall burn in Hell'' or something like that.  ;D
That man is a frustrated freak.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:03:28 am by elf »

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 09:37:12 am »
It use to amaze me the things people say about people with HIV/AIDS but not anymore.  Not this guy on the radio, or the medical "professionals" I work with, or gay men in general right here in NYC and the hateful things I hear.  I had a friend I don't know well nor am close with anymore say to me..."How is anyone getting this disease these days they must be stupid".  Yeah it cuts like a knife.  I have found, as someone else mentioned, straight people be less judgemental and more supportive which surprised me.  Maybe the gays think those of us with HIV are giving them a bad name?  LOL who knows.  I have not told many people and I am sure we have all had different experiences but for me personally here in NYC, I have found gay men to be MUCH more judgemental about it. 

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 09:51:34 am »
It's a new phenomenon. More and more gay/bi people are rejecting HIV+ people while
heterosexual people seem to be more and more tolerant/supportive.

Oh my, you mean my chances are improving? Oh dear, oh goodness me, I must get a perm, some new hosiery and a petticoat as there could be a gentleman caller in my future!! Oh yes and lipstick, plenty of lipstick. Don't you just love phenomenons?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 10:18:33 am »
I think a lot of the disdain in the (urban) gay community about current HIV infection rates are tied up in the larger meth abuse issue.

Offline Boze

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 10:24:52 am »
At about 8:10pm EST NYC in discussing the oil catastrophe, the out gay political radio host and comic Karel host at green960.com i think he just said "[objectively] if you get HIV you deserve it 'cause you know how to avoid it, it's a hard virus to get and (then he repeated) you deserve it."

he qualified it with "unless you got it through needles or non-sexual means"

i really hope he didn't say that i have been working so hard on my self esteem regeneration so i can be in the presence of gay men again THE PODCAST SHOULD BE UP SOON (i am too sad after anger to email him in case he is the real blowhard i think he might be)

You missed a rather lengthy debate on a related issue a couple of weeks ago.

I am of the opinion that this kind of generalization is difficult. I think it depends on the situation, more specifically how likely it was for the person one had sex with to have HIV. In other words - if one chooses to have a condom-less gay encounter with a random dude in the city park he takes on a different kind of chance than a guy who has sex with his virgin gf who got HIV during a blood work 6 months before (hypothetical example).

==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:29 am »
Maybe the gays think those of us with HIV are giving them a bad name?
not at all. ;)

I'm surprised everyday as these forums gain members because I, through the lens of having lived through 20+ yrs of this epidemic (like that radio host probably), and from having HIV myself, see all those warnings, ads, PSAs, pamphlets etc and can't believe that with all that, someone still ran the risk, had unprotected sex, and got infected over twenty years into this epidemic. :'(

Unfortunately though, it's just human nature and I guess there's just no way to totally stop the behaviors that spread HIV. For example, consider how many girls will turn up pregnant today, while the fact of unprotected heterosexual sex frequently producing offspring has been a known fact for even longer than the fact that unprotected sex could pass along a number of STDs or HIV.

However, not even knowing about the stigma against people with HIV is enough to make people think twice obviously, since new infections are showing up daily. I would imagine that is where some of the flack from the gay community comes from. They probably find it hard to understand how someone can not only ignore the prevention message that has been out there so long; but also how someone can run the risk of the added stigma (stigma from society at large and from the gay community) of being positive.

Sadly, why it seems so surprising and what it means is that every bit of that prevention campaign over the last 2 decades against spreading/acquiring HIV hasn't worked everytime someone tests positive in 2010. A more callous person then will lay the "blame" at the feet of those who ignored all the warning; while a more rational person acknowledges the personal "responsibility" of those who chose to ignore the warnings.

"Fault", "blame", "responsibility", even "deserve" - all words that basically mean the same thing as yet another person ignored the warnings and engaged in behavior to acquire HIV.  :'( It's enough to nearly break my heart realizing that today, this very day, even more people will ignore the message and warnings and will end up HIV+ before the day is through.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:34 am »

For example, consider how many girls will turn up pregnant today, while the fact of unprotected heterosexual sex frequently producing offspring has been a known fact for even longer than the fact that unprotected sex could pass along a number of STDs or HIV.

[facetious]And you can bet that none of those dastardly men impregnating those women ever disclosed that they had sperm. Likewise, the women never disclosed that they had eggs. It's terrible.[/facetious]

"Fault", "blame", "responsibility", even "deserve" - all words that basically mean the same thing

Not really. That's the beauty of the English language - we often have so many different words that mean basically the same thing, but carry different nuances with which we can be more precise in getting the meaning of our thoughts across.

I most certainly did not deserve my infection. But was I responsible for my infection? Absolutely. Very different nuance.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 10:46:09 am »
You missed a rather lengthy debate on a related issue a couple of weeks ago.

I am of the opinion that this kind of generalization is difficult. I think it depends on the situation, more specifically how likely it was for the person one had sex with to have HIV. In other words - if one chooses to have a condom-less gay encounter with a random dude in the city park he takes on a different kind of chance than a guy who has sex with his virgin gf who got HIV during a blood work 6 months before (hypothetical example).

That makes absolutely no difference.  The truth of the matter is you have no idea what someone's history is except through their own admission which can be fundamentally flawed.  That's why here they pretty much say you should assume everyone has something (HIV or otherwise) until you've developed a monogamous relationship with them over time.  At that point there are still caveats.  Unprotected sex is putting your life into someone else's hands.  That same girl in your 'example' could've been a nympho taking on all comers at a truckstop daily for the last 8 months, who then spun some story about an immaculate infection.  Trying to assess risk using someone's past is just completely ineffective.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:02 am »
That same girl in your 'example' could've been a nympho taking on all comers at a truckstop daily for the last 8 months

What's it with you and truckstops?  Are these like popular meeting spots in Natchez or something?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:07 am »
What's it with you and truckstops?  Are these like popular meeting spots in Natchez or something?

Obviously

But there's also a bit of this in Natchez (SECRETS OF THE GAY WORLD EXPOSED IN NATCHEZ!)

“And there are so many (gays in Natchez,)” Miller said. “It’s like a little Castro.”
Mars and Miller said one unique aspect of Natchez’s gay life is the high number of men that are married with children that lead both gay and straight lives.

But they’re not naming names.
“All the men are gay after midnight in in Natchez,”

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 11:05:35 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:41 am »
What's it with you and truckstops?  Are these like popular meeting spots in Natchez or something?

Well I could say bathhouses but for a straight woman slutting it up in a bath house probably isn't the norm.  In Mississippi pre-internet guys used to get busted at the truck stops all the time, so in my mind it's connotative of sleazy random hookups.  You could just as easily say  Strip Clubs, fleabag motels, or what have you.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 10:59:52 am »

Just say no to Lot Lizards

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:13 am »
Hey Trey, what's up with that "Pink Camellia Tour" in the article I linked to?  Do you attend?

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 11:12:38 am »
I most certainly did not deserve my infection. But was I responsible for my infection? Absolutely. Very different nuance.
ah! nuances. ;) hence my comparison of a "callous" person and a "rational" person talking about the same situation. A callous person probably does believe that people do deserve the consequences of their actions, while a kinder person tries to soften the blow of reality by saying people are responsible for the consequences of their actions.

if you (of sound mind and reasonable age) run out into the middle of traffic without looking, do you deserve to get hit for your stupidity/carelessness?  ???

does anyone "deserve" the consequences of their actions? Maybe, maybe not - but that's what we're asking for and going to get - the consequences. ;) it's just sad that in 2010, people are still "asking" for the consequence of having HIV.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 11:13:55 am »
Yeah Trey, you alwys complain about there being no Gays in Snatchez....well right there in the pic that Philly posted are 2 fine Tea drinking examples for you. go get 'em tiger!

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 11:15:02 am »
Yeah Trey, you alwys complain about there being no Gays in Snatchez....well right there in the pic that Philly posted are 2 fine Tea drinking examples for you. go get 'em tiger!

-W

I don't know why he's always whining -- from that article it seems that Natchez is the gayest place in the state.  I have lovely visions of seersucker pants, honeysuckle, moonlit verandas and bountiful mint julips.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16:45 am »
Hey Trey, what's up with that "Pink Camellia Tour" in the article I linked to?  Do you attend?

Oh yes, although the pink camelia tour of the late 80's early 90's was the REAL Pink Camelia Tour.  These days it's just a bunch of wanna-bes trying to reclaim the glory of the touring scene.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 11:17:19 am »
Do they even have any Gay bars in Snatchez? Or do the gays just gather in the Bayou after dark to meet others?

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 11:19:43 am »
Do they even have any Gay bars in Snatchez? Or do the gays just gather in the Bayou after dark to meet others?

-W

To my knowledge there are roughly 6 gay bars in the state none of them are in close proximity to Natchez

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:27 am »
Do they even have any Gay bars in Snatchez?

lulz... Heh... Dude, you said snatch...

And how bout bathhouses?  Those two tea-drinking queens look like the kinda bears you'd find trolling the halls of your local Club Body Center.

Offline Boze

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 11:23:46 am »
That makes absolutely no difference.  The truth of the matter is you have no idea what someone's history is except through their own admission which can be fundamentally flawed.  That's why here they pretty much say you should assume everyone has something (HIV or otherwise) until you've developed a monogamous relationship with them over time.  At that point there are still caveats.  Unprotected sex is putting your life into someone else's hands.  That same girl in your 'example' could've been a nympho taking on all comers at a truckstop daily for the last 8 months, who then spun some story about an immaculate infection.  Trying to assess risk using someone's past is just completely ineffective.

Why is probability so hard to grasp? The probability that a gay guy in a park has HIV is a thousand (million?) times higher than a 19yr old girl who says she is a virgin to her bf.

She might be lying and she might be a nympho - but the guy in the park already displays numerous qualities that make his HIV status very likely.

==========
Aug08 - Seroconversion
Mar10 - Diagnosis; cd4 690 - VL 19,000
Apr10 - cd4 600
May10 - VL 4,500
Jun10 - started Atripla ; VL 113
Jul 10 - UD vl, CD4 590
Aug 10 - UD, CD4 810, 52%
Nov 10 - UD, CD4 980

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 11:23:55 am »
To my knowledge there are roughly 6 gay bars in the state none of them are in close proximity to Natchez

Maybe you've just not cracked the scene down there -- there's a bit of inconsistency with what the tea sippers are telling us here.  Mebbe a bit less truckstoppin' and more julep sippin' for socializing?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.