Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 06:15:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 187
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Rash Side Effect - Norvir, Raytez and Truvade  (Read 6318 times)

Offline sacinsc

Rash Side Effect - Norvir, Raytez and Truvade
« on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:54 am »
I noticed, and felt and itched this evening on the inside of my biceps and inside of my quads (abductors) there were bumps coming up and the area was red, partly from scratching. The more I watched the more bumps started appearing, at first I thought it was just bug bites, but either some bug went mentally in 4 places on my body while I had a long sleeve shirt on and jeans or there is something odd happening. I was planting a garden for my brother today, but to my knowledge I have never been allergic to pansies....no pun intended.

Anyone ever have a similar experience? I just started this regiment a week ago but cant find anything on a rash associated with any of the drugs. If you've ever heard of anything please let me know. I don't want to bother an ID doc with my stupid paranoia.

Thanks

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Rash Side Effect - Norvir, Raytez and Truvade
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 12:23:42 am »
Hey Matt,

The only member of your combo that I can see being responsible for rash is atazanavir (reyetaz) and from what I know it's not a big deal. Rash from drugs like abacavir is a bigger deal. A much bigger deal. But you're not on abacavir, so I wouldn't fret.

MtD

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:38:52 am »
Thank you Smoking Jesus, I am glad you found a new hobby, after you were found behind my couch :)

I just got really nervous about this.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 10:16:33 pm »
And then while doing further research on the websites of the pharmacy companies I came across this...

Rash (redness and itching) sometimes occurs in patients taking REYATAZ, most often in the first few weeks after the medicine is started, and usually goes away within two weeks with no change in treatment.

Think this is what is happening. I know the stomach cramps and gas and diarrhea are part of this combo. :(

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline Paulette

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:17:36 am »
I got the same thing going on to and i take the same meds as you, have now since Feb of this year the rash will almost clear up, but then comes back and my ID doc even ran some test , thought it was shingles, but came back normal, i find that witch hazel is good to help with the itching and helps it clear up a little faster, but it still comes back and it's very annoying, I've always had a great skin, still do except for the back and sides >:(. i hope this help to know that your not alone with this.
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline smalltown66

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 10:19:18 am »
I too am on this regimen of Reyataz, Truvada, and Norvir. I have had a rash on my back now for about six weeks. I have seen the doctor twice and first was told to try hydrocortisone cream. Then later when I went to my Primary Care Physician, he suggested to stop the hydrocortisone and use benadryl cream. I still have not noticed any great improvements. I think its time for a trip to the Dermatologist!
Lifting the weight of the world sure is easier with others with the same goal.

Offline cityboy

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:55:15 pm »
I am on the same medications. This may be seborrheic dermatitis.  The back is one of the typical places this hits.  I have the same problem and was given Fluticasone Propionate Cream, 0.05% which cleared it up.  If this is seb dermatitis it hits 85% of people with HIV and is something that you have to manage, but does not go away permanently.

I too am on this regimen of Reyataz, Truvada, and Norvir. I have had a rash on my back now for about six weeks. I have seen the doctor twice and first was told to try hydrocortisone cream. Then later when I went to my Primary Care Physician, he suggested to stop the hydrocortisone and use benadryl cream. I still have not noticed any great improvements. I think its time for a trip to the Dermatologist!

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 12:53:14 am »
I am on the same medications. This may be seborrheic dermatitis.  The back is one of the typical places this hits.  I have the same problem and was given Fluticasone Propionate Cream, 0.05% which cleared it up.  If this is seb dermatitis it hits 85% of people with HIV and is something that you have to manage, but does not go away permanently.

Can you explain to me exactly what seborrheic dermatitis looks like and is? I am also now having bumps that I use a pumice stone to scratch off as if they are bumps of dead skin. Even places on my face are now peeling.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:04:43 am »
seborrheic dermatitis is from hiv infection itself, not your meds

~80% of HIV patients have it to some degree or another

if you use google-image for it please note that what is pictured represents extreme cases and I've not ever seen it like any of those, unless it's some of the more faint versions pictured

there are quite a few threads on this topic already at aidsmeds.  do a search
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.