Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 316
Total: 317

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: People suffering with HIV: THERE IS HOPE!  (Read 6166 times)

Offline xtente

People suffering with HIV: THERE IS HOPE!
« on: June 12, 2007, 10:18:28 am »
December 1998 - I remember being in the hospital with a  fever. No one could figure out why i had a fever and so i checked into the hospital. Turns out, I was infected with HIV a month before. I suppose its good i found out i had it shortly after infection because my body was not too damaged from it.  I didnt actually start meds until 6 months later and have been on the same combo ever since (epivir Viramune and Zerit). BUT the thing is, i cycle my meds. 4 months on, 3 months off. And though I start feeling crappy about 6 weeks after i stop meds, its good for me to take a break and get all that toxicity out of my system.

During acute infection my viral load was 500,000 and my cd4's were 363. I will never forget those numbers as long as i live.

Since 1998  I am happy to say taht my cd4's have NEVER been UNDER 500 and the last bloodwork I got back was viral load of 53 and cd4 count of 793 at 31%. All this after 8 years of infection. AND, i must say, when i first found out i had it, i was reckless. I went and got a herpes infection because I was reckless. While i have MORE to deal with because of the herpes, I am STILL doign great, and my last number (noted above) were done while i had herpes.

back to 1998. When I was in the hosiptal bed i called my friend and said "I have aids" and he, being quite religious, started speaking in tongues and then told me "god told me to tell you you are healed." In that moment I stopped crying because those words reverberated through my soul. Ppl, remember, this virus is NOT beyond God. Dont give it more power than it has. Its jsut a virus that you are dealing with and if you align yourself to the right things, you will not lose. Here I am, 8 years later still with GREAT numbers, no resistance and looking better than ever. Remember YOU ARE HEALED.

I should also note that in addition to taking my meds, I take the holistic approach as well. Maitake Mushrooms (which you can get and any vitamin shop) has GREATLY increased my cd4s EVEN when I am not on meds. I also take/eat garlic, onions, lots of green tea and workout every other day.

Hope this helps

Xtente
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:43:21 pm by xtente »

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
Re: + since 1998 - There is hope ppl
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:36:41 am »
I should also note that in addition to taking my meds, I take the holistic approach as well. Maitake Mushrooms (which you can get and any vitamin shop) has GREATLY increased my cd4s EVEN when I am not on meds.

Glad you've gotten this far and haven't suffered ill effects from Zerit.  Still, don't give mushrooms any more power than they deserve.  You may well have a genetic defense against HIV that is keeping your immune system strong when off meds, while published studies on the mushrooms cite highly concetrated extracts from the shrooms used on mice, not humans.

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:44:53 am »
Praise Jesus! All the very religious folks I talk to say it is because of God we sinners are afflicted with the aids. Another testimonial of his loving power to cure...and over the phone no less.

AD
(an atheist of excellent numbers)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:48:10 am by Dachshund »

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
Jeeezzzz Louise, I am not sure what to say.  As a man of faith I never dreamed to simply asked to be healed, I must do that today.  And maybe after a year of being diagnosed with a cd4 count of 179 and seeing my numbers rise a measly 100 I will see a dramatic jump.

I think the reason you are doing well is that your meds have worked, you have taken care of yourself, your genetic makeup might be able to fight HIV better than other people and a host of other things,perhaps even faith has attributed to it.   But to mostly attribute your great health to being healed by some person speaking in tongues over the phone only contributes to people thinking this:

Praise Jesus! All the very religious folks I talk to say it is because of God we sinners are afflicted with the aids. Another testimonial of his loving power to cure...and over the phone no less.
AD
(an atheist of excellent numbers)

I choose to give credit where credit is due and thanks to where thanks are due,

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline xtente

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 02:38:15 pm »

Glad you've gotten this far and haven't suffered ill effects from Zerit.  Still, don't give mushrooms any more power than they deserve.  You may well have a genetic defense against HIV that is keeping your immune system strong when off meds, while published studies on the mushrooms cite highly concetrated extracts from the shrooms used on mice, not humans.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that the mushrooms worked. Even my doctor was like "wtf?!! You t-cells have jumped like crazy. what have you been taking?" So we tried off meds with no shrooms, on meds with shrooms and on meds with shoorms and on meds without shrooms. Each time, I was on maitake mushrooms at ANY time, I saw a 150 t-cell diference, that is my bloods came back 150 to 200 t-cells higher. And btw, i dont have that "immunity" you speak of when i am off meds. My vl shoots up to 100,00k (that is the baseline. it never goes higher than that, and i wouldnt know because I start meds when it reaches that point)

Offline xtente

God didnt give me aids daschund
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:41:08 pm »
its called ACQUIRED immune deficiency syndrome. I put MYSELF in a position to get it, NOT God. I knew the risks, ignored them, and now I have to deal. If anything, God has PRESERVED me where so many other have checked out. Had I followed his word, I would have sought solace in HIM, not SEX and would not have this disease right now.

and woodshere, its was the fact that my friend spoke in tongues to me over the phone, it was that his MESSAGE reverberated in me and i KNEW it was true. I felt SOMETHING ELSE speakign to me at the same time. Something greater. anyway, the fact of the matter is I AM healed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:42:55 pm by xtente »

Offline woodshere

Re: God didnt give me aids daschund
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 02:45:48 pm »
its called ACQUIRED immune deficiency syndrome. I put MYSELF in a position to get it, NOT God. I knew the risks, ignored them, and now I have to deal. If anything, God has PRESERVED me where so many other have checked out. Had I followed his word, I would have sought solace in HIM, not SEX and would not have this disease right now.

So you are saying that since you didn't find solace in God, then he punished you by infecting you with HIV.  Why is he punishing the women who have become innocently infected by their spouses?  Why is he punishing children who become infected due to it being passed on to them by their parent(s).?  Doesn't hold water for me.

and woodshere, its was the fact that my friend spoke in tongues to me over the phone, it was that his MESSAGE reverberated in me and i KNEW it was true. I felt SOMETHING ELSE speakign to me at the same time. Something greater. anyway, the fact of the matter is I AM healed.

So if you are healed then your body is completely void of HIV.  If this is the case, please tell your friend to call us all, he could charge a nominal fee and be as rich as Jim Baker was.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:50:12 pm by woodshere »
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline xtente

Re: People suffering with HIV: THERE IS HOPE!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 02:50:07 pm »
i am saying that god basically says dont sleep around. In a moment of weakness I did. its the same thing parents tell their kids "dont sleep around, protect your bodies" etc etc. And, while you can say "wait about the babies" you can also say that god HAS spared some ppl like long term survivors and whatnot. free will means that man can fuck up ad infinitum and that includes passing hiv on to kids, women and the like. That is MAN'S doing NOT GOD. You need to ask why the MEN passing it on to their wives are PUNISHING them.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 02:52:33 pm »
i am saying that god basically says dont sleep around. In a moment of weakness I did. its the same thing parents tell their kids "dont sleep around, protect your bodies" etc etc. And, while you can say "wait about the babies" you can also say that god HAS spared some ppl like long term survivors and whatnot. free will means that man can fuck up ad infinitum and that includes passing hiv on to kids, women and the like. That is MAN'S doing NOT GOD. You need to ask why the MEN passing it on to their wives are PUNISHING them.

It's all true!  It's all true!  It's right there in the 10 Commandments:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass.

Exodus 20:17 -  Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:57:01 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 02:55:09 pm »
Perhaps I am missing something, but post 5 & 7 appear to be quite opposite in context.  

To say you have been "healed" or whatever because of God is just not acceptable to me.  God doesn't pick and choose who suffers and who doesn't or at least my God doesn't.

Offline woodshere

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 02:57:07 pm »
And please stop changing the title of this thread, this is the third one.

I have a question, is the hope you are speaking of being healed over the phone by someone speaking in tongues, your meds and the way you take them or mushrooms. I am so confused......  ??? ??????
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:59:57 pm by woodshere »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:00:25 pm »
*sigh*
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

Re: God didnt give me the sense that God gave a goose
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 03:05:21 pm »

I can't figure out if it is trolling or just crazy or maybe a little of both?

Offline xtente

woodshere
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 03:09:46 pm »
ultimately i feel sorry for you. I am still going strong and you are bitter.

if someone came to me and said "KRISHNA HEALED ME AND MY NUMBERS ARE ASTOUNDING," regardless of what i believed i would say "that's great." You seek to malign and taunt. I dont entertain that.

Perhaps I would be bitter were i in your shoes. But luckily I am not and I continue to be healthy, happy, in a good marriage and have a great outlook on life. Be well. I hope your t-cells rebound.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 03:13:13 pm by xtente »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 03:10:50 pm »
huh?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline woodshere

Re: woodshere
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 03:12:48 pm »
ultimately i feel sorry for you. I am still going strong and you are bitter. Perhaps I would be were i in your shoes. Luckily I am healthy, happy, in a good marriage and have a great outlook on life. Be well. I hope your t-cells rebound.

:)Not bitter at all.  I am just trying to point out that God doesn't determine whether someone survives HIV, Cancer or a car wreck.  And it pisses me off for anyone to say that He does.

Offline xtente

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:21 pm »
that's your belief and i disagree. In our lifetime we may never discover who is wrong or right. And so, I go back to my life, holding fast to my beliefs. Simple as that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »
OK, this one isn't going any further. I'm locking it.

I don't expect to see a reprisal or repeat thread either. Got it?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.