Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 09:22:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 112
Total: 114

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: features of the site  (Read 22575 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: features of the site
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 12:03:29 am »
I still adore my iPad.  One of the best inventions evah.

Tedderz, you just need to get used to some of the gadget's idiosyncrasies.  You may want to download the free ebook that explains its features and some "unknown tricks" (i.e. splitting the keyboard, some of the best apps you need to get, etc).  Be sure to get "Docs" for ebooks and PDF files, and McTube as a YouTube platform.

Guillermina, you don't need an iPad.  Stick to your Dell laptop from 2002.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:05:06 am by Rev. Moon »
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 12:24:12 am »
Another issue is many websites, mostly news sites, have video that says it requires Flash or some other program, but the IPad is not set up for it.  Sometimes, you can get around that by finding the video in other places that will play on IPad.  Or, when you can play the video, there's no share button or copy URL button.

Dear Tedderz...  Apple, and in particular Steve Jobs, was / is adamant that its products would not support Adobe Flash.  As Miss P said, you should have investigated first.  And, it's all about apps these days, not browsers.   ::)   

That said, even with iOS 6 the multi-tasking capabilities suck on an iPad or iPhone.  And there's no point in having multiple cores on a processor if the software can't multi-task effectively.  That's one area where iOS is a big fail.  I'm puzzled why the engineers at Apple haven't addressed this -- multi-tasking is hardly a new concept.  But they will catch up, sooner or later, because Samsung is giving Apple a bit of competition.

Phablets or Phoneblets are great, as long as you carry a backpack or a murse.  They are hardly pocket-sized, and kind of a pain to hold up to your ear.  You'll want a bluetooth headset.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline buginme2

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 03:09:53 am »
I recently changed phones from my Iphone to a Galaxy S3.  I have an Ipad and I am thinking that when its time to get a new Ipad I will probably skip Apple and get a Samsung if Apple doesnt update their product soon.

Apple was on the forefront in the phone and tablet market.  However, lately it seems Samsung (and some others) are leapfrogging them with their technology.

Not only that, Apples price point also is a bit high for what you get.

(Samsungs keyboard however sucks.  Apples keyboard is way more intuitive)
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2013, 03:25:14 am »
I still adore my iPad.  One of the best inventions evah.

Tedderz, you just need to get used to some of the gadget's idiosyncrasies.  You may want to download the free ebook that explains its features and some "unknown tricks" (i.e. splitting the keyboard, some of the best apps you need to get, etc).  Be sure to get "Docs" for ebooks and PDF files, and McTube as a YouTube platform.

Guillermina, you don't need an iPad.  Stick to your Dell laptop from 2002.

I will check out the tips.  I love the iPad.  It is nice to be able to be online in 30 seconds, instead of firing up the laptop.  I thought about getting a Samsung, because I love my galaxy 2 phone.  The screen is so much better.  I still use my phone more than anything to get online.  I do think Apple is going to see much more competition.

About using apps instead of the browser, I searched for a poz.com app, but unfortunately there isn't one.  That would be nice.  We do have an old Dell laptop from like 2002.  It's funny how thick it is.  You nailed that one, but it hasnt worked for years.  But, I was using a Gateway from 2005-06.  I would only use it now to write letters. 

Microsoft is moving toward tablet PCs.  My partner has one. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2013, 03:40:33 am »
Dear Tedderz...  Apple, and in particular Steve Jobs, was / is adamant that its products would not support Adobe Flash.  As Miss P said, you should have investigated first.  And, it's all about apps these days, not browsers.   ::)   

That said, even with iOS 6 the multi-tasking capabilities suck on an iPad or iPhone.  And there's no point in having multiple cores on a processor if the software can't multi-task effectively.  That's one area where iOS is a big fail.  I'm puzzled why the engineers at Apple haven't addressed this -- multi-tasking is hardly a new concept.  But they will catch up, sooner or later, because Samsung is giving Apple a bit of competition.

Phablets or Phoneblets are great, as long as you carry a backpack or a murse.  They are hardly pocket-sized, and kind of a pain to hold up to your ear.  You'll want a bluetooth headset.

Don't must youtube clips have a html5 option?

https://www.youtube.com/html5

Also, read this: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en&topic=2676376
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:36:08 am by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.