Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:39:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 693
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 691
Total: 691

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I love barefoot contessa  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Cliff

I love barefoot contessa
« on: June 14, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »
The recipes, which I try every now and then ...except I struggle with finding good vanilla.  But it could just be the rose talking.

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
Re: I love barefoot contessa
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
HAHA I heart Ina as well. I used to hate her, but now nothing is better than watching her throw together dinner for her high society folks in the Hamptons while Jeffrey watches on in one of his fabulous sweaters!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:49:44 pm »

As long as you are not a cancer patient trying to make a wish to meet her, Ina is awesome!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »

As long as you are not a cancer patient trying to make a wish to meet her, Ina is awesome!

LOL... oh that is so not fair... she doesn't personally read her mail, and her handlers killed that make-a-wish meeting. When she found out about it she volunteered to do it, but the family was too bitter (and drunk on the PR whirlwind it caused) to accept. Not her fault.
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:57:16 pm »
LOL... oh that is so not fair... she doesn't personally read her mail, and her handlers killed that make-a-wish meeting. When she found out about it she volunteered to do it, but the family was too bitter (and drunk on the PR whirlwind it caused) to accept. Not her fault.

LOL I know, Ina doesn't seem like someone who would actually blow off a young kid, but then again Paula looks like she is a freak in bed so you never know.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:49 pm »
The first time I saw KS lesions up close was my first weekend at a gay friend's glamor pad in Bridgehampton, and we went to Barefoot Contessa for some take out. It was very that back then.

Little did I realize I was just a couple years away from being diagnosed myself.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 12:14:32 am »
Damn Fool is addicted to these cooking shows.  Barefoot Contessa is among his favorites.  I have no idea why, but he shares your infatuation.  So you're in good company-----I guess.   ::)

RAB 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:08 am »
What does this thread have to do with Ava Gardner?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24:52 am »

LOL not only does Ina not visit the poor kids at the cancer hospital, but she also steals her moniker from a legend's work.  Ugh. Watching her stuff a salmon full of herbs and fruits just won't be the same anymore..... ::)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »
The first time I saw KS lesions up close was my first weekend at a gay friend's glamor pad in Bridgehampton, and we went to Barefoot Contessa for some take out. It was very that back then.

Little did I realize I was just a couple years away from being diagnosed myself.

Ina bought the business from the original owner; she may or may not have owned it at the time, depending on when you where there.

I'm a fan of hers. She's a natural on TV, very calm and relaxed and looking like she really enjoys it. After watching her show, all the other TV chefs look so frenetic.

The original store/catering business in the Hamptons was named Barefoot Contessa after the Ava Gardner movie. When Ina bought the business she bought the brand and continued to use it but she has professed never to have seen the movie.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:51:12 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
I first began going out to the Hamptons probably in 1991 and continued until 2004 -- would go two or three times a year, both Bridgehampton/Sagaponack and East Hampton, three separate properties no less (one with a vintage Rolls Royce convertible... those fussy queers). According to Ina's wikipedia entry the first one was in 1978 in Westhampton, then moved it in 1985 to East Hampton. That's the one I would have gone to.

Wanna hear about the time I went to the Swamp (Hamptons gay club, now closed) and bumped into Isaac Mizrahi and we were wearing identical outfits? She was not a happy camper. Marc Jacobs was there too and quite the drunk mess on the dance floor.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:23:42 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 07:24:18 am »

Yesterday a female coworker told me she was going to make me some kind of avacodo, bacon, and blah blah blah for lunch.... recipe provided by Ina the Coldheart.    I never turn down food, even when my wife says I'll be cheating if I eat it.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.