Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 364
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: insertive oral sex  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Joeschmo

insertive oral sex
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:58:39 pm »
In november 06' i had unprotected vaginal sex with an unknown girl..before we did anything she asked me if i had any diseases and i said no and i asked her as well and she said no..after we had sex i never called her...in april 07' i had a rapid oraquick advance hiv 1/2 oral swab performed and it came out negative...I wanted to know if there is a chance that it came out false negtaive...if i didnt perform the test right or that the counelor misread the test..the reason why i am thinking bout this, is because currently i have a fever and stuffy nose and coughing, so I am thinking perhaps I have it..

thank you all for what you do

Offline jedispider

Re: Please asses
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 04:54:35 am »
guys he ment please assess he wasnt calling u asses well i hope one of the mods can help but make a correction in your topic man it sounds like ur calling em asses but i know u mean assess as in help

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:03:30 am »
Jedi,

We know what he means. We've been doing this for a while. You've been asked previously to stay in your own thread. Please mind your own business and worry about yourself.

And that includes not replying to my post either.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:19:27 am »
Joe,

The oraquick test is a good one and it doesn't return false negative results when they are done three months or more after the incident you're worried about.

You tested negative well beyond the three month window period. This means you ARE hiv negative. Conclusively so.

You need to learn from this experience. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need further testing over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You ARE hiv negative. Use condoms correctly and consistently and you'll stay that way. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joeschmo

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 11:58:02 pm »
so that means theres no way the test culdve have failed without the counselor knowing..I remeber her showing having the test in front of me , but i kept asking questions and and she put it somewhere else...I remember a line going all the way up and not stopping anywhere, then she showed me one line, but maybe i was to excited to hear negative to see the next line...i really want to put this behind me and I am hoping you could help me...

I want to say thank you to all, I thought about you all today, although i have never met any of you and it must be difficult as well as rewarding to do what you all do...I wish you the best and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:13:23 am »
Joe,

Testing centers aren't in the business of missing positive results. They're trained and do the job properly. You can rely on your negative result.

You ARE hiv negative. Remember to always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will stay that way. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Joeschmo

HIV ICMA
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 04:58:51 pm »
i was really anxious and 11 months post exposure i took an HIV test from labcorp

The results came out negative and I am happy..thank you all for being there for me

My question is is an HIV 1/0/2 antibody test using ICMA technology better or equal to and ELISA...i cannot find any information on it, i tried calling the lab but they wont answer my question and my doctor is on vacation...

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV ICMA
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 05:40:32 pm »
The Vironostika HIV-1 Plus O Microelisa System is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the qualitative detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1), including Group O, in human specimens collected as serum, plasma, or dried blood spots.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 06:41:34 pm »
Joe,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You are absolutely, conclusively hiv negative. Remember to use condoms, correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll stay that way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joeschmo

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 07:54:47 pm »
I dont think it was that one, I requested an antibody test from Labcorp and I noticed they wrote

HIV 1/0/2 Abs, Qual    Result: Negative            Interpretation: Non-Reactive by ICMA

I wanted to know if it can be trusted since it doesn't say ELISA on it...I cant find any infor on it

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 08:07:52 pm »
Joe,

It's an ELISA test. The result is conclusively negative. You don't have HIV. That's my expert opinion and the opinion of the other experts here.

Move on babe.

MtD

Offline Joeschmo

conclusive?>?
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 07:21:13 pm »
7 months after an unprotected vaginal incident i took an oral rapid hiv test and that came out negative...after several months i started thinking perhaps they made a mistake so i took a labcorp HIV 1/0/2 ICMA (antibody test) and that came out negative...when i had visited a STD clinic last week not the one that I took the test at I asked the doctor is the test was good and he looked it up and said it was good. However he asked if i wanted to take another one and i said no and was puzzled because shouldnt the one i took be conclusive. A week later I am having doubts whether the ICMA labcorp test i took was conclusive and why did the doctor offer another one especially a rapid test.

Please let me know if my test is conclusive and with what accuracy, especially this HIV Icma test, I want to get over this HIV hell that ive been living for 1 year..
To:

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: conclusive?>?
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 07:55:57 pm »
I am not going to guess why the doctor asked you whether you wanted to take another test. You were reliably negative from the first one you took so it's no surprise the second test even later confirmed the earlier result.

Give it up. You're HIV negative. Period. End of story.

I don't know what your original risk was so just learn from this experience and remember in the future that anytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse the insertive partner should always be wearing a latex condom.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Joeschmo

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 08:26:36 pm »
is the HIV 1/0/2 ICMA test as accurate as the ELISA? I do not know why I am still worried

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:30 pm »
Yes.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 09:00:02 pm »
I don't know either why you're still worried. Because you're HIV negative unless you've done anything risky since you were tested.
Andy Velez

Offline Joeschmo

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
i havent done anything since then but pray!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 05:54:49 am »
Joe,

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 08:38:43 am »
Joe,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Either read the Welcome Thread and get with the program or just don't bother posting, ok?

You are conclusively hiv negative. Period. End of story. Make sure you use condoms correctly and consistently for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll stay that way.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joeschmo

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 05:34:39 pm »
i went to a clinic 2 weeks ago and did a physical check up, i asked the doctor if an ICMA HIV TEST was conlsuive after 1 year post exposure was conclusive and she said yes...then i aksed her to check the methodology and she did, then she asked me if i wanted to take a rapid HIV test and I declined syaing if that the previous test I had taken was conclusive why did i need to take another one...i have been thinking about the reasons why she asked me and i have decided to take a rapid hiv test tomorrow...i am scared that the results might have changed..im going crazy..helppp please

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 06:00:34 pm »
Joe,

Your results will not change and your rapid HIV test results will be negative.

MtD

Offline Joeschmo

insertive oral sex
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 01:41:19 am »
i have oral sex 6 sweeks ago with a girl in my university...i was the insertive partner, i eventually ejaculated in her mouth...i asked her if she had HIV and she said no, however her ex-boyfriend is very promiscous so i am wondering...i think i am coming down with NGU..i wanted to know what my risks are, I read this post in thebody.com of someone being infected through insertive oral sex..i just wanted ure input

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/OralSex/Q192908.html

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: insertive oral sex
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 04:07:47 am »
Joe,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Just because someone claims to have been infected through oral doesn't make it true. Sometimes people lie even to themselves what they've been up to, sometimes people forget through drug and/or alcohol use during or before sex.

Getting a blowjob is not, never has been and never will be a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has EVER been infected this way and you will not be the first.

If it makes you feel better, go test and collect your negative result. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test postiive by six weeks, so you can test now to see that negative result. You don't actually NEED to test over this blowjob.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection when you got blown. No way, no how. Saliva is not infectious, after all.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.