Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:14:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD #68: When Life Snows On You, Make Snow Angels!  (Read 43388 times)

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
LADIES THREAD #68: When Life Snows On You, Make Snow Angels!
« on: December 07, 2009, 09:04:34 pm »
Hi GFs~

I ran myself into the ground this past weekend with Ice, Cheech and the kids.  One of the kids was sick, Cheech has to be kept seperate from them, so I am exhausted.  I have been cleaning up after Cheech bec his meds make him wee wee too much.  Ugh, I am spent.

Queen, got your text but have been too busy to even breathe.

Lots of snow last Saturday was pretty.  More when I have rested up.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline netta

Re: LADIES THREAD #68: When Life Snows On You, Make Snow Angels!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:40:48 pm »
Like the title!!! Ok if you all get a chance , my last post has pics of my kids and grandkids.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:30:17 am »
Hi ladies,

Cindy, nice title! Get some rest (and Cheech).

Netta, you have a beautiful family. I hope that things continue to look up for you.

Queen, I'm so happy that you found a doc who gives a damn, finally! Now, hopefully you can get back on a regimen and soon.

Betty, I'm glad that it was a good concert and I hope you have an easier work week.

Not much going on with me. Just did some running around today and I finally went to the new department store in the area. I've been really wanting to go since it opened. I had to hurry though, so I didn't get to see it all. I did get a couple things for my neice, so cute! And several things for myself, which was nice. Some lady gave me a $10 off coupon in the store because she couldn't find anything she wanted and today was the last day to use it. I just thought that was so nice of her. That's it for me. You all have a nice week.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:48:39 am »
Hey all,

Mum, well send some of those cookies to me (Just kidding).  Even though I'm diabetic, maybe because I take Insulin, I still eat things like cookies, cake etc.  I mean, I don't overdo it (well, except for the holidays), but things balance out. I just eat less of the meal I eat beforehand.  If someone buys me something, and I don't get them anything, I tend to feel guilty also.  But, if I've told them I don't want anything for Christmas, and they get me something anyway, then I don't really feel bad. 

Netta, those are really nice pictures!  Your daughter is beautiful, as are your grandkids, and your son is very handsome.   I'm glad you had a "settled" weekend.  I'll be glad when he's gone.  I know he paid some bills, but since he got no help for whatever brought on his relapse, he's bound to repeat it.  I'm not trying to be a doomsday sayer, but it's just something at least I've seen time after time.  My 2nd husband had long periods of clean time between his relapses, and even exhibited responsible behavior, but it ended the same.  Don't let his family get to you either.  Tell them if they're that concerned, they can have him and take care of him. 

Queen, it was nice talking to you also.  It was fine that I had to repeat myself.  I was going to speak up, but didn't want you to think I was being rude.   I hope things go well with the detective, and that Papi quits bothering you.  Maybe if he sees you're serious he will.  And great news on the doctor!  I hope that goes well also.

Cin, I hope you're able to get some rest. 

Holly, what's the name of the new department store?  It's always great when you can save, like you did with that coupon.  That's an added bonus.

It's going to be a crazy week, and they told me next week is going to be even more insane.  I guess the week before the church does their Christmas store, which will be next weekend, is crazy because of all the people bringing in donations.  I've had almost continuous phone calls from people wanting to know if we've gotten any cancellations on the list for the store.  So far we've had only one person who was on our list, who also got on another one at another agency in town.  So, we're going to take her off.  I'm waiting to hear from the Salvation Army to see if there's any more people who have double-listed. 

The weatherman said this morning, that in a couple days, the high temp is only going to be 15, with sleet and snow.  Yuck!   I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 06:57:46 am »
Betty, I'm hearing you about the crazy weather.  Yesterday it snowed.  Tomorrow's high is 57F.  Thursday's high is 20 :o.  At least with it getting up to 57 on Wed the ground will be too warm for much snow to stick.  I just need pretty traveling weather on Friday for Mim's MRI.  We'll be leaving at 6am - MRI is at 8am.  I'll have the baby with me, too. 

Queen, um, have you ever tasted liquid HIV meds?  Get ready for some serious burn going down.  When Mim was on liquid Zerit and Kaletra, I'd mix them together.  They would turn white, sizzle, and bubble up.  Before I gave it to her, I'd put in a bit of milk so that it wouldn't burn so bad going down.  It was like shooting lit gasoline.  She's been on horsepills for about 1 1/2yrs.  The worry is that if she keeps losing weight (and doesn't gain), she'll have to be put back on liquids.  That in itself is enough to make her take her supplements (though they don't help much).  I'm glad that Papi is in jail and you've been to a doctor.  Be sure to let us know what the labs were.  You are still in my prayers.

Not a whole lot going on today.  I need to finish the laundry and kids have dance practice.  Their performance is this Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  I'll be glad for the break.  Tomorrow morning I have to go to some goofy orientation class so that I can get paid for keeping the little man.  They are going to discuss child safety and developement.  I have 6 kids - I think I could teach the class.  It's only an hour long, so I'll bring a notebook and draw pretty pictures.  On the 17th, I have to go back so they can show us how to do billing.  Hubby's already figured it out, so that day I'll make out my menu and grocery list.  I just hope nobody asks a lot of questions.

I found out a lady I used to work with had her tubes tied the end of May.  Well, on Father's Day, she found out she was pregnant with baby #4!!  I told her I'd be talking to a lawyer.  Everyone else I've known who had their tubes tied had to take a pregnancy test before the surgery.  She said that the doctor never made her take one and she was on the pill right up to the day of.  I guess this child REALLY wanted to be here.  Anyway, she's having a little girl (her 3rd).  Her office is in the same building as my orientation so I'm going to make her something this weekend and bring it to her next Thursday.

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week. 
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:49:43 am »
hi gf's  :) Betty- I knew that bad weather was hitting your area, they say its a bad winter storm, we are getting the  cold rain.
Anyway we are just waitng now to here about the new house, the appraiser has to come and what ever is mandatory to close , the owners will have to fix. the house is a 3 bd.room and a large den. the den will be our tv and craft room and guest room in all! this way the living room will stay clean! I will be sharing a room with my youngest 6 yr. old grand, she doesn't like to sleep by herself. She and I agree that it won't look to kidish but girly girly, Pink and Black and zebra!!!! is what she likes, she has great taste.lol I will be able to spend time alone in the den, which is where I can do my crafts and I want to start painting and sewing again. the house only has 1 bathroom, but my dd will but a half bath in her room, when she gets that government credit check for 1st time homebuyers ! We have a dinning room and a fenced yard also the oldest girl can't wait to get her own room she is only 12, but looks 16!!!

Queen  I am glad we get to talk and things are working out for you.

Mum- Wow you are a busy women, I am still amazed at how you do it all. Is the baby in foster care? or do you get paid just for babysitting??? I know all about foster care, I use to do it, The kids were a trip and I really got close to them, treated them like my own, but when they stared running away and staying out all nite, the girls, then the boys would steal my car, and cry for me to get them out of jail!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:32:10 am by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:35 am »
Not much really going on with me. I was talking to my case manager today, he said they are planning on moving me to another shelter as soon as he gets the paperwork from medical here. At this new shelter I can stay there up til 9 months. I hope it is the one I heard about that is not a room but an actual apartment. I went to see about my housing yesterday, they rejected me at the place closest to here so now I have to go back to Manhattan where I first applied.

Wow, there is always some type of tensions going on around this place. As I was writing this post 2 women just broke out fighting. I don't know what about but now they're both getting arrested and are kicked out of here. It's never a dull moment around here but there also some really rude women here too. There are some I speak to here or give a cig to but other than that I keep to myself.

Well, Mum, it's not a definite about the liquid meds, it was just an option. But now that you told about the burn, I'll go with the smaller pills he was talking about. I was trying to go for the shot since I already take insulin but the doctor says he is worried about injection site irritation or something like that. I don't have that problem with the insulin so I don't think I would with the other.

I have been trying to reach the detective but to no avail. I can't get his name right or the number. I am being summoned so I have to run. I will try to write more later if I can.

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline netta

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 12:23:49 pm »
 ;)Queen- i hope you get into the nice shelter you are talking about. thats good they give you so much time to live there. Will you still be in Brooklyn????
I guess going back to the city to get your housing is a pain, but worth it. You are a survivor and a Queen, you will come out on top!!!!! Hang in there. Next year when you get settled in your new apartment I will come visit you! We are goin to have some fun for a change. Maybe Betty can get together with us!!!! 8)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 03:40:04 pm »
Netta-- I am not sure where this new shelter will be. I am just grateful for the help I am getting here in NY. It is far better than back in Pa. I'll have a place before ya know it, the shelter is just a stepping stone. It would be great if you and Betty could visit once I have a place. I can't remember the last time I had some fun. I might still be able to do a little something for my birthday coming up next month...I'll be a young and sexy 41.

Did I mention I am still dropping weight? When I went to doctors yesterday I now weigh 170. My pants are starting to get baggy but I am not sagging... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 05:53:23 am »
Morning all,

Mum, well I know you're a good mom, but there are women who have more than 6 kids that are not good mothers.  I hope the orientation goes well.  And I hope your friend who had her tubes tied at least files a complaint against the doctor who did it.  I had my tubes tied back in like 1991, and I had to take a pregnancy test beforehand also.  I'm sure there are rare cases of women who get pregnant after their tubes are tied, but it sounds like the doctor who did your friend's didn't follow the correct procedure.  And I hope you get good weather Friday.

Netta, you're right-your husband's actions are not your problem.  And it sounds like he's been controlling, maybe even before the relapses.  I'm glad you're sticking to your guns.  It's a horrible thing, to live with someone when you don't ever know if the person is going to blow all their money getting high.  I'm sure you're going to be very relieved when he's finally gone. 

Queen, I hope the new shelter is better than the one you're in now.  Places like that always seem to have some problems with people fighting.  I mean, when you put all those different personalities in one place, there's bound to be trouble.  And I hope you do get an apartment soon.  You deserve some happiness and peace!

Right now it's 38F, but by this afternoon, it's supposed to drop to 11F with snow and wind gusts up to 50 mph.  I don't like the sound of that, and have some things I have to do this afternoon.  So, I hope it holds out until I get home.  I have to get labs done to see if the new meds are working, and drop some things off at my caseworker's office.  I got up a little early today, because last night when I went to bed, it was sleeting, and I didn't know if I'd have to shovel this morning or not.  Not this morning, but I have a feeling I'll have to tomorrow morning.  I just wish winter would get over with in a hurry.  When my sister asked me last Christmas if I'd want to move out to Phoenix with her, I should have said "yes."            Well, I think that's it for now.  You all have a good one, and stay safe.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 07:36:08 am »
Netta, the orientation is just so I can get paid.  I would NEVER ask the grandmother to pay.  She's  a single mom working 2 jobs to put 2 of her kids through college.  The baby is her oldest son's baby.  He was taken into protective custody from the hospital when he was 2wks old.  Grandma stepped up and told DHHR that she wanted him.  Now they are treating her like a foster mom even though she's his paternal grandmother.  To get paid through DHHR for babysitting, I have to jump through the hoops.  Gotta love beauracracy. ::) 

Betty, so far so good with the weather Friday.  Of course we have 100% chance of rain today with temps in the teens tonight.  Roads will be super icy tomorrow morning.  Only 40% chance of rain tomorrow but temps at night still in the teens.  I'm a bit worried about driving that far with the chance of ice on the roads by myself with 2 kids.  I'll just leave early and follow the salt truck.

This year for dance class's winter concert, the kids were asked to dance 2 songs with a live childrens' choir called Chanteclere.  It costs a small fortune (as far as I'm concerned) to be part of the choir, but they are well known - I'd never heard of them, but oh, well.  Anyway, last night we found out that they charge admission to attend their concerts - even for the choir kids' families - $10 / person!  Our dance teacher said that the kids won't be dancing if the parents have to pay $10 / person (including kids) for each of the 2 concerts.  So, the choir director said that we'd get a discount - $5 / person.  For us, that's still $40 per concert - $80 total!  I don't HAVE $80!  How can this director justifiy INVITING a group to join them and then charge them ???  I have a feeling at dress rehersal Thursday, the choir director is going to get an earful.  I've had to uninvite my parents and friends.  I'm not inviting them to come somewhere they'd have to pay and I can't afford to pay for them. 

Hope all of you are having a great Wednesday.  Queen, hang in there!  My thoughts are with you.

Mum

www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline netta

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 11:34:55 am »
HI GF"s feeling lousy today, got the big D and have been running to the bathroom. I also feel depressed, this is due to anxiety and bad dreams. I will be ok. The anxiety is waiting to here the apprasal on the house and what agreements have been made and when my dd will clsoe on the house. . It seems when you are going threw something you have bad dreams, I dreamt about my ex husband. Thats bad enough. I also don't look good to myself, my face has lost weight, as you all know, and I want to ask the docs for something to get it back. I am getting use to my body, but not my face and you can see all I'm going through on my face. It also doesn't seem like Christmas, to me. I am waiting to exhale.The kids have another Xmas parade, here in Macon,this Sunday, that should cheer me up!

Queen- good talking to you last nite.
Betty and Mum- sorry you are having bad weather

We are under a tornado watch, it has gotten very warm today ,after all the rain.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:35:18 am by netta »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »
A quick check-in....Ice caught a cold from shopping with his daughter last weekend, so he came back home from work.  My gut has been hurting today like it did in 6/08.  Everyone thinks its my gall bladder, I think its a pulled muscle again.  Always seems to get me when I roll over in bed.

So sorry this is short, but I have to rest.  We got an inch of snow last night--it was pretty!

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 05:51:14 am »
Hey all,

Mum, I think it's ridiculous that they're making people pay for that concert whose children are performing.  They should know that with today's economy, people are having a hard enough time, without having that huge expense.  I'm sorry that's happening, and that you had to uninvite your parents especially.  That totally sucks.

Netta, don't you dare feel guilty about what's going on with your husband.  He is the one who fucked up, not you.  And, if I were you, I wouldn't be super nice to him.  Look at what he's done.  And maybe if you're not nice to him, that'll make him move that much quicker.  Sorry, I don't cut people slack who pull shit like that and then act like the innocent person in the situation is at fault.  Now, about how you look...... I feel that same way, but because I have a huge tummy, and the bottom of my legs are like toothpicks.  It's hard for me to get comfortable in my skin.  If you think you want help getting your face filled in again, then by all means ask your doctor.  I think I've read about those Sculptura injections that some people get.  Maybe you could ask him about those.  And I hope the big D has stopped by now.  You don't need to be losing more weight.

Cin, I hope your tummy feels better soon.  I had to have my gallbladder taken out in like 1990 or '91.  The pain that would hit when it flared up was worse than labor pains.  I remember the first attack I had.  Me, my husband and daughter were going home from my parents house on Thanksgiving.  I had to stop at a drug store, to get a refill on my antacids.  It hit me when I was in line for the pharmacy, and brought me to my knees.  Anyway, I hope things go better for you.

This morning, the temp is 5F out, and on the news they're saying with the wind chill, it's -11F.  But, we didn't get all the snow that some parts of the country has, so I'm thankful for that.  I guess today we're supposed to get 1-3 inches, but that's not horrible.  Yesterday we had winds that got up to 48 mph.  I have two plastic chairs on my porch, and they were blowing all around.  It's still windy, but not like it was yesterday. 

Today's the last day of work for me for the week.  Yesterday was very stressful.  The church van needed two new tires, and this morning they're having a huge FDA food pickup, so the tires needed to be put on ASAP.  The pastor was calling everywhere to try to find the tires needed.  One of the guests (person who come there for breakfast), was mentioning places he knows about, and she yelled (yes yelled) at him "I know what I'm doing sometimes!"  Geesh. Anyway, I think that's it for now.  You all have a good day, and everyone stay warm!

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 06:58:49 am »
Betty, I got an email this morning say that parents will get complimentary tickets to the concerts.  What wasn't mentioned were tickets for the siblings.  Plus, our dance teacher isn't sure if the tickets are for both concerts or only 1 concert.  Hubby said that if they are for both concerts, then Saturday me and my mom will go and Sunday Hubby and my dad will go.  That way we'll all get to see the kids dance.  The wind here yesterday and last night was FIERCE!  Our poor dog was being blown backwards.  It has settled down, but I can still hear it.  I wonder how many folks had to put back up outdoor lights.  You have a 3 day weekend coming up?  Enjoy it, hun.  I know things are just going to get crazier from here until the new year.

Netta, I agree - just wave and smile.  Let him talk if that's what helps him out the door and on his merry way.  No need to add drama to your life by arguing.  I bet he'd even appreciate it if you helped him pack while he was at work.  That way, after working all day and apartment hunting all evening, it'd be one less thing he'd have to do. ;D ::)  You could make it his Christmas gift - put red bows on top of the boxes and write "Merry Christmas!  Good luck and good riddence!"  Have you tried taking something to help you sleep?  I've found that if I'm in deep enough sleep, I don't remember my dreams and they don't wake me up.

Cindy, UG!  Sick Ice and sick Cindy.  I'll definately be praying for both of your quick recoveries.

Middle daughter has an eye appointment this morning at 9am.  I'm bringing her and the baby so Hubby can have school with the other kids undisturbed.  When we get home, he's got to rush out to school to show his professor the last programming project for the semester.  Then, he has a final exam tonight.  I'll be taking all 7 kids to dress rehersal by myself - I'll be draping myself in much prayer and patience. 

Tomorrow morning at 6am, Mim, baby, and I are off to the hospital for Mim's sedated MRI.  I'm just anxious to get back the results so we can move on however we need to.  Weather man is still saying no precipitation - just cold (13F) and still windy with sun.  I'm more worried about the rain we're supposed to get tonight turning to ice.

Training yesterday was one big BORE!  I couldn't even draw pretty pictures while the people talked.  They sat across the table and read every line of every piece of paper in the 1 1/2 inch stack.  We basically went there to fill out about 100 sheets of paper.  One of the requirements is that I have to know how to read and write.  Yet, they made me spend 5hrs sitting at a table (no breaks - butt cheeks went numb and I had to pee a river) while they read every line (even things like "name" and "mailing address") and watched me fill it out.  Wouldn't a stamp be cheaper?  Good news is that next Thursday I get to do it ALL again.  Again, wouldn't a stamp be cheaper?  Then in January, a monitor will come out to make sure my house is in complience with their 14--page check-list.  I kid you not - 14 pages.  And, yes, they read each and every word on each and every page.

Any big plans for this weekend?  I plan on not getting dressed until we leave for the concerts. Big aspirations, I know.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »
HI Gf's Due to a certain man reading my post here and invading my privacy, I will no longer post details of my situation untill things change. You can however pm me anytime  :D
ANYWAY....... I am ok. The appraiser numbers came in 5..000 less thanthe original price they were asking. My dd offer was the same as the appraiser! The owners are kicking out 1,500 at closing for minor repairs and getting the major repairs done before closing. Now we just wait for the closing date. I am very excited.
luv to everyone!

Offline minismom

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 07:26:37 am »
I'm so excited for you, Netta!  What great news - an early Christmas gift for your family.  Let the packing commence.

Betty, I PM'd Ann yesterday to lock the thread.

Mim's MRI scheduled for this morning was cancelled last night.  Her PID was acredited to schedule out of state testing when he was with his old practice, but since switching sites in October, he's not been re-acredited  in his new practice.  Of course, insurance has had since November 2nd to get all this worked out and waited until the 11th hour to cancel it.  I'm just hoping we don't get billed for her pre-admission testing which will have to be repeated once her MRI is rescheduled.  When I told her last night, she got weepy and said "Don't they know I'm tired of this?"  What could I tell her?  I'm tired of it, too. :-\  So, now we sit and wait - again.

Baby spent the night last night and Hubby was nice enough to get up with him twice.  Baby slept in the playpen in our livingroom and Hubby volunteered to sleep on the couch so I could get some sleep.  And all the women said "AWWWWW!" ::)  Now Hubby and Baby are both sleeping. 

Just saw a commercial for Nicoret.  Tag line is "quitting smoking sucks.  Nicoret makes it suck less."  I wonder how much they paid for that?

TGIF ladies - make it a great weekend!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 07:34:22 am »
Mum, I'm thinking about you and Mim (and the little one) this morning.  I hope the trip is uneventful, and that you get answers soon.  I know the waiting sucks, believe me I do.  But, this is the first step in getting the results.   That orientation class you had to sit through sounds incredibly boring and I would probably have been twitching in my seat.  I hope it gets you guys to the point where you'll be able to be paid.   And good luck working out the tickets with the dancing.

Netta, if the asshole is reading this, you're are a huge ass, quit reading Netta's things, and get out of her life!  There, sorry, had to say it.  I hope it doesn't cause you anymore trauma.  If it does, let me know, and I won't say anything else about it.   That's great news on the house!  I'm excited for you!

Today I have a lot of things to do-shopping, laundry, oil change at 1:00, phone interview with my caseworker, and I have to make it to the library.  Yesterday, the high was only 8F.  When I was coming home from work, I tried to clear off my windshield.  Well, the washers didn't work.  They must be frozen.  In the summer, I had them repaired because they weren't working, which cost me a little over $200.  So, I'm guessing the mechanic who repaired them put in the type of washer fluid that freezes anytime it gets below freezing.  I'm getting the oil change at the place that fixed them, so hopefully they can fix this (I'm taking in the receipt).  My best friend told me I may just have to wait until it gets above freezing for a couple days for them to thaw.  Last year, during the winter, they didn't work, and I had a spray bottle with washer fluid in it that I would spray the windshield with.  There was one time, though, that I had to keep pulling over because I couldn't see.  I hope they can do something.  

Tomorrow I'm taking my granddaughter to see The Nutcracker.  I took her a couple years ago, and I'm excited we can see it again this year.        OK, everyone keep warm, and have a good one.

Mum, I just read your post.  That totally sucks, and makes me pissed (sorry for the cussing).  I hope something else can be worked out, or that the doctor gets his accredidation straight!  Tell Mim to hang in there.

tendai

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 08:39:24 am »
hie ladies

just wanted to say hi to everyone.  Netta and Queen - im so sorry about what those a**holes did. u're better off without them. (((HUGS))) to you both.
nothing much to report this side, damn meds have blocked up my system ugh. the constipation is awful and im hungry all the time. apart from that  and itching all over, its going ok..

have a great weekend all :-*

Offline netta

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:51 pm »
TENDAI-  good to here from you, buy something for the constipation, eat plenty of fiber! prunes are good. my meds work just the oposit, lol I never know when I will get diarrea. lol I have meds for it though.
MUMs-   you are so funny, I hope the kids programs goes well, when is it. It is real cold now isn't it???, It is very cold here in Georgia, in the 30's lol ha ha, I bet you  and Betty wish you had that !!!

BETTY- lol you are so funny, I don't even care anymore if he reads this. He says I am making him out to look bad, and I am getting advice from you all. DUH ....I am grown and have a brain!!!

I talked to Queen, via text and phone, just about everyday, trying to keep here spirits up.

We ladies have to stick together!!!! WE ARE STRONG, INVINSIBLE, WE ARE WOMAN HERE US ROAR !!! You think this should be our next title for a post???? lol.

Well I have no money for gifts , butr alot of yarn, I just don't feel like crocheting and making anything, my family understands.

We have to decide if we are going to break our lease or stay till May, lease up in June. It might cost us if we do break it and It could be a lot of money, but I think by law they can only charge about 2,500.  that s what my other lanlord charges. But that is a lot and we have 1,000 deposit on this house we rent. It probly would go on her credit report if we don't pay. Her mortage will be due around Feb, or march. also we have to pay fees for linvng out in a gated community, 500.oo a year, which the landlord  is making us pay by March. I don't know how we will afford all this rent and move. I am not going to worry, My daughter will make a will make up her mind ,and whatever she decides is fine with me. I am tired of moving, I ahve moved so much in the past couple of years, always tring to do better. this will be a good move. I don't want to move agian untill I get into a new senoir citizen building, They  have a lot of them here,  but they go by age, and have waiting list they go by income.  Wonder can I get my section eight back? they are beautiful!! Well tgif everyone. Have a great weekend!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:19:58 pm by netta »

Offline Sheri

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:25:47 pm »
Congratulations to you and your daughter on the house!

Offline netta

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 01:47:00 pm »
Thank you,  Sheri,  It's my Daughters house, I am proud of her, buying a house at 30 yrs.old and getting her Masters degree! A single working mom with 2 girls.
I changed my advitar, this is a hat and scarf I made for moi !!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:13 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Just stopping through and reading the posts. I have to write my son again after I am done here. Thanks to the asshole writing my son a 20 page letter full of lies and bullshit, my son is now stressed and worried about me. He wants me to go back home but I refuse to. I can get more help here then I could back home, that is my major reason for staying. I also like easy access to things by train.

I am feeling a little bummed like Netta says. The detective has still not done what he was suppose to. I went yesterday to get the order of protection, which took all freaking day. And it is only a temp one, now I have to go to the police closest to where he lives and have him served. I don't mind that but then have to turn around and go back to court with him there. That is going to be interesting but if I got an order against him why would they make us appear at the same time? And I am still waiting on them to transfer me to another shelter. That can't happen til the psychatrist gives my case manager the paperwork. This place is starting to get to me cause everyday it is something..a fight...most of the people who work here has attitudes when you ask them anything.... Get pissed off when I tell them I am hard of hearing or to repeat themselves...Some of the women here are really trifling, I won't describe how, just take my word for it. I don't understand how they can be so damn nasty. I know I am getting depressed because it seems like I am going to bed by 9pm every night. I just keep telling myself something has to give eventually and that I am here for help....*sighs* :(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 07:38:51 am »
Netta, that sure is a beautiful avatar.  You're a very nice looking woman.  I'm sure your family totally understands about your situation regarding Christmas gifts.  You having peace of mind is important right now.  Without it, you won't be any good for your daughters and grandkids.  I wish you nothing but peace.

Queen, I'm so, so sorry for what you're going through. It totally sucks.  I hope your son hangs onto that letter from dickhead.  If you could get a copy of it somehow, that may look good in getting that order of protection.  I don't like it when women have to face their abusers and stalkers in courtrooms.  I'm keeping you in my prayers every day, several times a day.  I'm pulling for you, girl. 

Tendai, good to hear from you.

It's supposed to be better outside today, actually up to like 33F.  I'm going to take my granddaughter to see The Nutcracker.  And this morning I want to clean.  Other than that, I have no plans.   I hope you all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »
Thanks for the prayers, Mum, they worked!  Ice is better and my tummy pains are gone.  I think it was a pulled muscle   :D    :D    :D  not that I have ANY in this belly.  Buddah belly and toothpick legs, lol!

Netta I love purple on you!  Very nice hat!

BT sounds like it was COLD there!  We woke up to a 7F windchill morning, but nothing like your temps.  Whoa!

Queen hang in there.  Be happy you weren't in PA the other day at your old place.  The weather coming in looked horrendous!  I will try to take a picture of Cheech in front of our Christmas tree, after we get the gifts wrapped.  That should raise your spirits!

Almost forgot, Ice was calling my renter bec he hadn't paid the rent.  The dumbass wouldn't answer the phone, so Ice called him from a different number on Friday.  Dumbass answered and Ice told him to let us know if the rent was going to be late.  Put his ass on the spot lol!  Dumbass said he would mail Dec and Jan ewnt on 12/28, and the water bill is due too.  The amount of water used was more than 4x what I used in a quarter when I lived there.  Ice wonders if he has someone else living there.  His ass is out next summer unless he wants to buy the place from me.  Somehow I don't think he'll qualify.  How can someone be so irresponsible with his money?

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 05:40:10 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 07:42:44 am »
Cin, good luck with that renter.  Did the lease specify that he not have anyone else living with him?  I know section 8 won't allow other people to live with someone unless the person has it in writing from section 8 that it's alright.  Some people don't handle money well.  I always tell myself, when someone does something I don't agree with, that desperate people do desperate thing.  Anyway, I hope you get your money and that he pays the water bill (he's responsible for that, isn't he).

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 08:46:21 am »
Hi BT~
The water bill is the least of my worries, I guess.  I mean, if he is letting his GF and friends come over to use the washer and dryer, the worst thing is wear and tear on a new machine that I bought.  Yes, the water bill is for him to pay but its in my name.  I mean for a quarter before I moved in with Ice, I used 4100 gals, and the renter is right near 20,000 gals.  Ice is going to give him a 24-hour notice and then pay a visit.  I just think he has friends that come over for poker night and do their laundry.  Plus, if anyone is living in the basement, we'll be able to tell.

I'm just pissed about the rent more than anything.  I have a mortgage to pay on the TH and I am basically keeping a roof above his head for the month.  Housing knows he is late on rent, but I haven't mentioned smoking on the 3rd day in there and the water bill prob.  I'll save that for court if it comes down to it.  I looked online to see the house values, and maybe I will try to sell the thing next September.  I'll sell to the renter if he can qualify with a VA loan.  That way I won't have to replace anything.

Dude is just irresponsible and a huge dumbass in my opinion.  How can people be like that?  How?  Rent comes FIRST.  Thanks for letting me vent.

~ Cindy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 09:17:05 am »
Hi Cindy, that huge increase in water usage doesn't sound right, even if he's letting people use the washer or shower or if another person is living there. Sounds like a leak or a faulty meter to me. You might want to look into that. If it is a problem like that and he finds it first after paying the bill, you might be liable to pay him back some of the money. I'm sure you wouldn't want that!

Netta, I agree with Betty, you're a beautiful woman. I see absolutely no sign of lipo in your face - am I right in thinking that's a recent photo? Stop worrying about your face, you're gorgeous. Beauty is only skin deep, but you're beautiful inside and out. Don't tell yourself otherwise!

Queen, hang in there. You're in my thoughts daily. Be strong and don't let the other women in the shelter get you down.

Hello to everyone else!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline netta

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 10:38:57 am »
Hi GF's Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. We have had rain all wekend and its been cold. Today just cloudy, I hope no rain, because we have the XMAS parade that the kids are in. After that we have our new church building dedication, I feel like staying in bed all day, but can't. I haven't been to church in a couple of weeks. Still feel anxious and depressed. I dreamt of my dad last nite and he was taking me somewhere and out to dinner, he was driving me and my sister, in the dream I knew he was dead but I didn't know I was dreaming! weird. I also keep dreaming i am getting married  to some man and I am already married!  to my dh. !This is weird also!!!! I dremat about weddings this whole week, usually a sign of death to me. Anyway I guess it means the death of this marriage. I always find comfort when I dream of my dad. He has been deseased since about 8 years, since 9/11 a month before.
Anyhow lookingforward to a good new year with many new blessings. My dh is working today and keeping out of my hair. He brought home a booklet of the apartment complex he wants to move to. I will be glad when this happens, and hope he gets the apartment. Keep me and Queen in prayer. Betty I will call you today and Queen.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 05:49:08 am »
Cin, I agree with Ann-that huge increase in water doesn't seem accurate.  I'd have it checked out.  And yeah, I always pay rent first, but some people think they can get over, or make the landlord feel sorry for them.  And there are people who do face genuine problems.  But you can usually tell the difference between people who are really having a problem, and someone trying to scam.  I hope things can get resolved.  Maybe Ice can scare him a bit, so he doesn't keep acting like he is.

Hi Ann, always good to hear from you.

Netta, sometimes, at least I believe, people who we've lost can come back to comfort us.  I don't get too heavy into that, because different people have different beliefs.  I'm glad you're dreaming of your dad, though.  Maybe that'll help you get through this rough time.  I hope your dh can get that apartment he wants.    Did the Christmas parade happen?  And give yourself a break with wanting to stay in bed.  You're going through a huge, stressful mess, and it really does take its toll.   I got your message, but it was late, and I go to bed early when I have to work.  We'll connect, I just know it.

I'm having a problem with my computer.  Friday night I went onto a site, and all of a sudden, there was something that popped up on my screen about there being a security risk on my computer.  So, of course stupidly, not remembering what happened last time, I clicked on whatever the button was that basically was supposed to "fix it."  Now, everytime I go onto a site, or like here try to go into a different forum, there's a big box that pops up that says something isn't secure on my computer.  I have to click "continue unprotected," and usually have to either retype the site's name I'm trying to get on, or hit the back button.  It's really bothersome and irritating, and I can't get rid of it.  I've uninstalled 3 things, and it won't go away.  One of my friends said it will eventually go away, but I don't know. 

Today after work, I'm really going to try to get my labs done to see where the viral load is after being on the new meds for a month.  I should have gotten the labs done last week, but things kept coming up.                I think that's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 02:08:43 pm »
Hello Ladies---

Before I forget, thanks for the text, Cindy. Was that Cheech in front of the tree? The pic was sideways for some reason so I had to hold my head to the side to see it.....

Still haven't heard anything about the transfer. I am going to medical after I am done here to see what the hold up is. Not much going on....Been getting out a little bit more....No more threats and from what I have seen, he is looking for another victim, which keeps his focus off me. But I can't help but feel bad for the next female he crosses paths with. I still have the nightmares though. Being here has really made me appreciate having my own place. Once I get an apartment I like, I am growing roots and staying there. I swear. And getting another kitty.

Netta it is always good hearing from you. I don't see how you can put up with me. I don't know if you get it on your head but I get awful feedback where I can hear an echo. It's annoying as hell to me. Betty, Netta tried to 3 way us the other night but I think you must've been in bed. You're gonna have to give us a good time to call. I think we both turn in before or a little after 10pm. I know I have to turn in early just to feel human at 6 am...That is when the lights go on. I usually crawl from under the covers around 6:45.

I am hoping to get another letter from my son soon since I have emailed him two already. I have been trying to write him a little more. Since he has become stressed from Papi writing the junk to him. Other than that just another day in paradise.....*sighs* at least in my mind..... :-\
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 05:39:34 am »
Queen, trust, I keep you and Netta (and another friend of mine who's having an extremely hard time) in my prayers every day.  I hope you can get that transfer soon, and get your own place.  I wish I could make it better for you.  The best time to get ahold of me is early in the evening, which I don't think Netta can do, or sometime on the weekend.  I'm going to be pm'ing Netta with a good time.  Like this Saturday may be good in the evening, because in the morning, and during the early afternoon I'm going to be with my grandkids.  I'd love to talk to you two!        I'm glad you're not getting threats anymore.  You're probably right, he's probably looking for someone he can control, like he wanted to do with you.  He just didn't know who he was messing with. ;)  And I hope you hear from your son soon. 

On the news this morning, the main story is about some 18-year old who went AWOL from the army, who is on the loose, with an AK-47, a shotgun and knife who said he's going to do harm to the public.  I hope he's caught before he does any harm.  And I also hope he gets help. 

I'm still getting that extremely annoying security thing on my screen every time I go to a new site, and here when I go to a new part of the forum.  I did a full scan with the security I have on my computer, and also shut-off the pop-up blocker, but to no avail.  One of my friends said it will eventually go away, but I just don't know.  There's nowhere in the site to where I can disable it.  If anyone knows about this sort of thing, please let me know.   What happens when it comes on the screen, is that it blocks whatever I'm trying to get on, and I have to click "continue unprotected," and hit the backspace button a few times, or I can't get to the site.            I think that's it for now.  I hope you all have a good one.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 02:02:43 pm »
Just checking in though not much going on with in Amazon Island. That is my name for this place. One thing I can say is that it is a learning experience. I mean I have been in a shelter before back home. But it was like living in the Waldorf compared to this place. Don't get me wrong, the place is decent, it is not a dump. It's the people that tends to get on my nerves and the things that they do. I did meet one person who I seem to vibe with well in this place. And it seems to be helping.

Nothing has changed with my housing situation, still waiting on paperwork. Still waiting to be taken to the main housing in Manhattan by this case worker. Still waiting to go apply for stamps... Do you see a pattern here? I have another doctor appointment tomorrow with the GYN. I am due for another depo shot next month. I already know this is going to be an allday event, not that I mind because there are times when I need to be away from this place.

Betty, I appreciate your prayer, trust me. Well, I also know you are an early riser. I was not thinking that you do have a life. Since I don't have one at the moment I expect everyone else not to either... ;D I don't know why I do that.... :D

That's it for me. Have a good one....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline netta

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 05:00:42 pm »
Hi gfs, just checking in. Everyone seems to be waiting , waiting for something, someone, someplace.
I guess we must learn to be patient and have humility. i got into it with you know who today, blaming me for everything, as usual. I had to shake it off as we say in  church! (wainting on income tax abd for him to move on).
Well everything is going well, but slow with the new house, (waiting on an inspection by the city, which we learned he is booked up this week, so closing will be later than expected)

And I am waiting to get on with my life
Waiting for xmas to be over.
Good news is that my daughter was the LAST one on the list for the year!!! to get her home loan from the city. thats a blessing.!!!!
 have a nice day alll, still gloomy weather. luv netta
While I'm waiting I'm gonna count my blessings! 8)

Offline whatever1

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 07:42:31 pm »
a newbie and i am glad you all are here. poz since 90

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:40 am »
Queen, I hope things get moving for you soon with the housing situation, your stamps, and anything else you need.  It seems like, in places like shelters, things move at very slow speed.  I think you need to stay on them.  Sometimes people who work in those places get busy doing a million things, and need to get refocused.  And yeah, I get up pretty early.  I have to be at work at 8:00 a.m., and like to sit around for a little while when I get up, and drink coffee. 

Netta, why don't we try for this Saturday evening to hook up on the phone?  Do you have free weekends on your phone?   I wish the jackass would leave you alone.  He's blaming you because he doesn't want to take responsibility or admit he's wrong.  Just don't fall for anything; I know you won't, because you're an intelligent woman.  And I hope things get moving on your daughter's house.  Just hang tough, lady. 

Whatever1, welcome to our women's family.  This is where we post our troubles, experiences, and support each other.  Feel free to jump in and post whatever you feel like posting.

It's only 9F degrees out this morning.  I have a tower heater in my living room, and a radiator heater in the kitchen.  I can't believe it's this cold.  We don't have much snow so far.  The news was saying that last year at this time, we had 20 inches of snow, so I guess I can't complain about that.

Work is very busy, with their Christmas thing coming up Saturday.  People are making donations, people are calling to ask if anyone has cancelled off the list, and I'm busy making up cards with everyone's names on them, the ages and sexes of their children.  The church is doing like 102 families, so Saturday is going to be busy, and I'm not going to be there. ;D  Saturday is the only day I'm going to be able to see my grandkids before they leave for Pennsylvania on Saturday.                    I think that's it for now.  You ladies all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 01:13:14 pm »
Yes, Betty I have free nites and weekends, so whatever is good for you and Queen.
I text her everyday. At the end of the month my new phone cycle starts and I have added more minutes, but i must get a better plan, seems like the wireless are all ripoffs!
I was a little depressed yesterday because of the fact that we talked about the car payments and he went off when I told him I will have to be responsible for them because I can't realistically count on him to pay it like he says . I know he may have intentions on paying monthly but he will  come first, his rnet and bills etc. This is logical . I will have to pay 300.00 a month ! whats so bad is thats half my check!!!! and also we just redid the loan the week he fucked up so we could pay some bills ! He doesn't see how his actions with his money put us behind and in a bad situation. Now he says he will see what he has left after he buys new furniture and gets his 1 bedroom apt. he is really in la la land, becaue he also will have utlitie and 2 loans to pay off not including the car. His name is on the loan alos fir the car so maybe he will pay something but I cant count on it.  He says  he is doing his best to put the mistakes behind him and maoving on, but has not once mentioned getting help, Denial, Denial. He thinks he is so self righteous, now he is using the bible on me ! LOL about marriage, also he  was yelling,  saying his blod pressure was high and I wanted to say "you didn't worry about it when you were getting high" lol but I didn't think of it then. Also saying I never loved him and he only made a mistake 2 times and I should forgive him and Oh He was getting high because of me stressing him out, thats a good one!!! He says I get advice from my friends online and do whatever they tell me to do, he doesn'tknow I have a mind of my own at 51 years old !!! Yes I am cold bitch becaue I refuse to tolerate his bad  choices and  bad behavoir lol . He also said he is taking the computer I bought him,so be it , not worth fighting for.The thing that gets me is that i want to help out with something for my daughter, half mortage, which will be only 200.00, and I would have money left for myself and to save. Now I told her I can't promise anything because Of this car loan which is a year payment. this shit is depressing but she understands. If this is what it will cost me for my freedom than so be it!!!!! I might  not have much money but I will feel safe and have peace of mind. I should have  seen thesighns before I got married , the run that said Run for your life lol . Well I have vented enough, tonite will be quiet cause we aren't speaking. This is some real fucked up soap opera, me an Queen should right a book. I have ben goin to the library and crocheting which keeps me sane and I thank god for libraries cause books are free and I love to read.

Offline netta

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 07:54:40 pm »
sorry trying to post my xmas card.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:24:06 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:16 am »
Netta, you're not a cold bitch at all; you're wise.   He's using the Bible on you, because he doesn't have words of his own.  He knows what he did, but it's much easier to blame other people rather than take responsibility.  It's too bad about the car loan.  That's going to drain you.  I wish there was some way to make him be responsible for most of the payment, but I suppose there's not.  I always think it's humerous when people blame others for their drug/alcohol abuse.  Tell him to go to an NA meeting and get honest.  Of course, if he did go, you never know what he would say in the meeting.  He may still be blaming.  But usually people who have been in recovery a long time can see right through that bullshit.  And he doesn't want to be held accountable, which is why he doesn't go.  It's much easier to justify his using reading the Bible, than facing reality and getting some help with other recovering addicts.  Some of the language in the Bible is geared toward men.  That just irritates me.   And maybe Saturday night you, Queen and I can talk.  Is there a time difference between here (Indiana) and Atlanta? 

Offline netta

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 02:50:01 pm »
no time difference. Listen i thought about letting my daughter claim me this year instead of him, I know this will make him angry but thats a way for me to get some money to pay on the car.
well I decided against  it, after talkingv to him about it, of course he did't like the idea. I just have to hope and pray for some money to drop in my lap to get it paid out all at once.

I talked to Queen today, It seems like they have a certain time or day  for her to use the computer. So if we don't here from her thats why. She is hanging in there, going to apply for food stamps today.

hope everyone has a great day. Kids XMAS play is tonite at church, my 6 yr old grand is playing the  inkeepers wife, in the story of the birth of Jesus, my oldest is doing a rap !!! should be interesting!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:47:04 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 06:11:03 am »
Netta, that play your grandkids were in sounds really cute.  I hope it went well.  I wouldn't talk over anything you want to do with your husband, because anything you come up with, he's going to disagree with, unless it benefits him.        And, why don't you call me, or I'll call you tomorrow evening?  I'm going to be gone in the morning/early afternoon, but I should be home after that.  I'd love to talk to you and Queen.

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 06:31:39 am »
Netta, a Christmas rap, huh?  I bet that was something to behold.  How'd it go last night?  I'd love to see pictures of them in their costumes.  BTW, you have an outstandingly handsome son - and this from an old married woman - I'm sure he'd be impressed ;).

Betty, how's the weather over there?  We're expected to get up to 5 inches from tonight until Sunday morning.  Usually, we get your weather a day or two later.  Be careful on those roads.

Our Happy Birthday Jesus party is this Sunday morning.  The kids are doing a play and playing Silent Night on handbells.  That is, if everyone isn't snowed in. After, Hubby's in the Christmas contata.  God bless him, he loves to sing, but he can't carry a tune in a 10-gallon bucket. Then Sunday night is our Christmas dinner theatre.  We're all in it (me, Hubby, and the kids).

Wednesday night we got a  WONDERFUL suprise.  Friends from back home in Louisiana came up for a visit.  I haven't seen them in 11 years.  The mom, Mary, had 5 boys then her husband died of cancer 14 yrs ago (seems like yesterday we were helping her bury him). When we moved here, the second youngest was 14.  Now he's 25, been with a girl for 3yrs, and has a 3mth old daughter.  Good grief, I remember when that boy was born!  No matter what he looks like now all grown up, I still see him as little Matthew.  Hard to believe.

I got all my shopping done except for my dad but I've wrapped nothing.  We took the traditional picture of the kids and hopefully I can get them printed into wallet-sized photos this afternoon.  Then, I guess, I'll have to buy cards to put them in.  Hubby ordered my gift yesterday.  He wanted SO BAD for it to be a suprise, but he wanted me to pick the style and the color.  I'm finally getting my electric violin!  It is a deep red mahogany with an ebony finger board and bow.  The design is magnificiant.  I can't wait till it gets here and I can plug it in and give it a whirl.  I'm thinking a little "Devil Went Down to Georgia" may be in order. ;D  Between my electric violin and Hubby's electric guitar, well, let's just say it's a good thing we don't have neighbors.

Not much else going on.  Our last co-op for the semester is today.  My home-ec class baked goodies for the reception and my sign-language class will be signing "Silent Night".  My brother is flying in today from Louisiana.  My parents, grandmother, and brother will be over for supper tonight to celebrate our middle son's 10th birthday.  Then tomorrow, we'll have friends over - if they can get here - for dinner and a gift exchange.  Maybe it'll start feeling like Christmas now (minus the tree and lights).

Everyone make it a good one.  Stay warm and safe!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline whatever1

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 09:26:56 am »
Hey ladies, i had a dick of a time trying to find out how to post., nowI am  in the house(lol).First Queen, i am a transplanted nyer, and i kind of understand how their system works. first ask for HASA housing, 2nd their are places you can go dedicated to helping you. Housing works, , Gay Mens health Center. you need someone to fight for you, stress kills..and they pay those case managers lovely , i was one(smile)

2) netta, let go , I am in NA for 19 years and if ole boy relapsed and is trying to lay it on you that's crap he used not you. , stress kills. Suggest that he doesn't need religous zeal but a meeting where he can get honest. I don't know much about the story is but right now it's about you, staying healthy and whole and i am on your side.

3) we woman must learn new behaviors when it comes to dealing with life on lifes tuems , nobody is going to stand for us unless we stand for each other, I send love and light to you all, I usually am very laid back but if I some info that others can use i let it out. Because secrerts kill and a shut mouth don't get fed. Oh !! yes netta you are pretty you look like one of those ladies from the BET awards so stop stressinfg about what you don't have and be glad at what you do ..

I know i come acrross as rough, but as I said I have been in the fight for a long time and life ain't been no crystal stair.And we are standing on the backs of some strong women that have went on and we will ROAR..Love and Blessings to you all

Offline netta

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:09 pm »
Thanks Whatever,  --nice to meet you! I tested positive in 1990 also, and am a native N.Y. I was in denial for four years till 994 when i got very sick with phenmonia and shingles. I retested and began my meds.
Mum_ I didn't know you played the violin!!!! and hubby the guitar!!!! you are so talented!!! besides being supermom, i'm still waiting for you to write that book, or at least a cookbook!!!

Betty- I will call you tonite andtry to get Queen on also.

The xmas play was lovely and funny to see all the little ones dressed up in costumes. they also had praise dancers, which was great! I cried when a young teen boy whom I use to teach sunday school to played "what child is this"  on the keyboard.I have know him since he wa born. His mother and grandmother have done a lot with helping PLWA,( People living with aids). His mom was a hiv pharmacist I met in 94 and his grnadmother a nurse, married to a judge here in my town. The whole family has been great and invited me and friends many Sundays for dinner. I remember the judge helping me move one time and carrying a mattress on his back, how humble.His mom also ran an Hiv+ support group at our old church. Ironically we all left the old church and became members of the same new church.The kid has so much talent and playes the piano beautifully.

Well I hope all of you have a great weekend, I know another winter storm is comming up north and other places, D.C. is supose to get 10-15 inches! wow i haven't seen snow in a while.
Betty- has it started snowing again
Mums-I know you are getting hit with a lot of snow.
My mom is  going  to getting hit, she lives in Queens, New York and my sister In new Jersey . Long Island is going to get hit bad, 10 -inches , also a blizzard, since winds are strong.
Moon will get hit also, doen't she live in Maryland???
anyway be safe traveling, the airports are gonna be a mess, they are asking people to fly today instead of tomorrow. Maybe we will gt some snow, but we have cold rain  and a tornado and flood watch, it is in the 40's here in Georgia. Florida has  rain  storms and may be under a hurricain watch ! wow ITs rainign cats and dogs here, enjoying a nice hot cup of coco, and getting some crochet gifts  done.

well tired of being a weather reporter. peace
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:28:30 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »
Evening Ladies----

It has been stressful for me since Tuesday actually with a bit of good news tossed in between. I'll start with the good. I did get the permanent order after they arrested him for 24 hours. It seemed like a waste but it got the order done faster. The DA's office kept me up to speed the whole time and have to see them next week. I don't have to go to court in January after all but he has to keep going to court everytime they extend the order. I think he has finally gotten the hint because he has deleted me from his Yahoo for which I am truly grateful. He still has some of my stuff but like Snow told me, I'll have to take it as a loss. I really don't care about the video games but my mother had given me a stuffed bear for Xmas a few years back before her and my father died. I am upset about that.

The transfer was not a transfer out of this shelter but to a lower floor and another program. The messed up thing is that I am on a floor full of people that have serious mental problems. I am not handling that very well. Whatever--welcome to the forums and I did apply for HASA but I can't say whether I am pleased with it because how it was explained to me, I'll be giving half my check towards rent. I still have to apply for food stamps, I couldn't get emergency stamps. I went to my GYN appointment and had my PAP. Next month I get my depo shot, thank the Goddess. They had to take more blood because the first time it was done, no one checked my cd4 but my viral load has peaked to 59,000 from 1,600. I am guessing this is mainly from all the stress I have been under. And where is this Gay Men Health Center? I guess I am clueless because I thought you had to be gay to go there. ???

And you guys prolly won't see me for a few weeks unless you text me, call or have Yahoo messenger. I have that on my phone. The schedule is different for the computer at the Loony Bin, that's what they call the floor I'm on. And the woman who runs it told me today that she is going to be off for the next two weeks. I can't see my new case manager til Wednesday, the other case worker I have is taking me to the doctor on Monday to see my PCP. Oh yeah and it looks like I will have to go to the ER to get my cast off tomorrow. And might end up having surgery because my cast has been on too long, just about 2 months now, and I haven't been able to move my wrist up and down, if that makes sense????

I just hope they don't keep moving me from shelter to shelter. But I have been told that it shouldn't go down that way. Both myself and case worker is suppose to look for studio or 1 bedroom apartments. And still I go on......Have a good weekend ladies..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2009, 09:17:52 pm »
Queen, GMHC is for anyone living with hiv. http://www.gmhc.org/

GMHC, 119 West 24 Street, New York, NY 10011

212-367-1000

1-800-243-7692

Why on earth have they put on on the Looney Bin floor? Is there no way you can get them to move you back into one of the saner floors? That's just nuts putting you there and putting you through all that extra stress when they know you have health problems. Hang in there - I'm thinking of you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline whatever1

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 09:25:41 pm »
hang in there Queen, it will get better. just show up and say the serenity prayer.you are just kissing a few frogs before the Prince(smile). GMHC is on 23rd street and 6th ave ..ask your case manager because it is her job to hook you up with other resources, tell her you want a support group and someon suggested that one , i will tell you the history about the Gay thing later on , well in fact they wanted more of the ryan white money so they had to include us , in the beginning it was not that ope(laugh) , you know how divasish those Queens can get n ever mind territorial but you gotta love them, we are all on the samre ship.(smile)

Offline whatever1

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 09:28:41 pm »
thanks Ann for the correct addy, we don't want her flitting around and getting lost.(smile)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 09:39:53 pm »
Whatever, you're welcome. I got the addy off their website in case Queen didn't have time to go hunting through the website for it. I also texted it to her, but I'm not sure if the text will go through or not because I'm in Europe. I also just found out on The Body that GMHC's 1-800 number is actually 1-800-aids-nyc. Easy to remember.

And welcome to the forums!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline whatever1

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 09:54:42 pm »
thanks ann

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.