Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:14:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Where can I find "posting for dummies"  (Read 10514 times)

Offline gulfcoastFL

Where can I find "posting for dummies"
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:35:40 pm »
Hi Everyone,
New here. Where can I find a tutorial kind of thing here?
Posting, quoting someone properly (Sorry Miss P.), just
explanations of how to get the most out of posting
in the forums.

Thanks all!
"We all think and feel differently as the years go by"  Thank you, Grey Gardens.

Offline mitch777

Re: Where can I find "posting for dummies"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:27:32 pm »
Hey Gulf!

Welcome!
I would be the LAST person you would want advice from on this topic as I am pretty computer/forum "handicapped".
It took me forever to notice the "quote button" or whatever you call it in the upper right corner of each post.
Try that for starters.
I don't think there is any sort of tutorial help on this site.
If you are more computer capable than me (I hope so, for your sake ;D), ask specific questions and people will do their best to help you.
(In my case, their best at explaining "how to" doesn't usually register well in my brain cells. ;D)
You will also learn as you go.
m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:02 pm »
So far so good.  Just express yourself and learn along the way.  State your subject, anything that tickles your fancy, add your message, quotation marks unnecessary, then wait and see.

p.s.  web address are always helpful if your topic is related to a website.

p.s.s.  I'd just did a search and found this.  I hope it will be helpful.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-build-an-audience-for-your-google-posts.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:39:28 pm by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:59 pm »
another tip that took me forever to discover:

if you are replying to a post and hit "send", make sure you see your post before you go any further.
if you see the message that others have posted (while you were typing), you will need to hit the post "button" again.
there were many times this happened to me and I ended up having to re-type my entire post. ::)
hope this helps.
(a tutorial on these quirky issues would be helpful on this site for newbies and computer challenged, but I doubt it is a realistic idea) :P

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »
if you are replying to a post and hit "send", make sure you see your post before you go any further.
if you see the message that others have posted (while you were typing), you will need to hit the post "button" again.
there were many times this happened to me and I ended up having to re-type my entire post. ::)
hope this helps.
hit preview first. not only can you check that your post looks like you want and says what it should; but you'll see if anyone has posted while you were typing.

if you write a big post or take a long time writing, do one of 2 things to NOT lose your post. Either write it offline (in Word, Notepad, etc) then copy and paste it here. Or just before you hit either preview or send, click in the box, click ctrl-A (to highlight all), the ctrl-C (to copy) your post. IF everything screws up and your post gets lost into the ether, you can simply get back to a posting box and ctrl-v to paste what you had written.

oh! :o and don't forget ::) to use emoticons :D to help people understand whether you're being snarky  :P or nice  :-* with your replies. of course, others will say not to use emoticons  :'( but that's clearly why they are so often misunderstood. LOL ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:36 pm »
hit preview first. not only can you check that your post looks like you want and says what it should; but you'll see if anyone has posted while you were typing.

if you write a big post or take a long time writing, do one of 2 things to NOT lose your post. Either write it offline (in Word, Notepad, etc) then copy and paste it here. Or just before you hit either preview or send, click in the box, click ctrl-A (to highlight all), the ctrl-C (to copy) your post. IF everything screws up and your post gets lost into the ether, you can simply get back to a posting box and ctrl-v to paste what you had written.

oh! :o and don't forget ::) to use emoticons :D to help people understand whether you're being snarky  :P or nice  :-* with your replies. of course, others will say not to use emoticons  :'( but that's clearly why they are so often misunderstood. LOL ;D
LOL mikie! (emoticons)

The preview suggestion doesn't always work out as planned. (i still lose my post at times.)
My discovery to hit post again AFTER seeing that someone has posted "in the meantime" seemed to have solved the issue.

(advice from a green bean {me}) ;D

or... maybe I am too tired and can't even follow my own train of thought? :-[

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

[/quote]

That does sound like way to much fun! See how many of them I can put into
one post. I'd find it  :) funny but prob. get  >:( some WTF? responses.
 I simply must put it on my to do list now!!
"We all think and feel differently as the years go by"  Thank you, Grey Gardens.

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:01:38 pm »

That does sound like way to much fun! See how many of them I can put into
one post. I'd find it  ;)  funny but prob. get  :( some WTF? responses.
 I simply must put it on my to do list now!!

I may have just figured out, you  can't highlight then "insert part of someones quote. That's why
this is being posted twice. Learning

Thanks!

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »
Hi Everyone,
New here. Where can I find a tutorial kind of thing here?
Posting, quoting someone properly (Sorry Miss P.), just
explanations of how to get the most out of posting
in the forums.

Thanks all!

Hey GulfCoast;

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your thread topic -- as a relative newbie here and this being my only on-line community I have wondered what proper etiquette is for a number of things myself.  Perhaps this thread will be the reference guide.

Again, welcome and wish you the best,
JM

03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:25 pm »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline zach

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »
its a small, but vocal, cast of characters that jump on new posters around here. just ignore them, and take a little comfort that everyone that has been here for a minute knows exactly who those characters are.

so when you find yourself being "sent to the corner" take it with a grain of salt. there are some bitter queens in here.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »
its a small, but vocal, cast of characters that jump on new posters around here. just ignore them, and take a little comfort that everyone that has been here for a minute knows exactly who those characters are.

so when you find yourself being "sent to the corner" take it with a grain of salt. there are some bitter queens in here.

Please tell me how this fosters forum unity.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »
it doesn't, please show me a time when there hasn't been catty infighting in this forum. it is what it is. this is a family, and like all families, somewhat dysfunctional. everybody has an asshole uncle.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:45:27 pm by zach »

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:01 pm »
Hey Gulfcoast,..

Here's a little bit of a tutorial that may help you out a little.  All I suggest is to take to take your time, and you will eventually pick it up :

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Posting

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=help

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 03:19:05 pm »

By the way,  I also like typing my message in NOTEPAD first.  The I copy and paste it into the forum, that way there is no chance of loosing a lengthy post. ( which I have done before ! 

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 03:25:49 pm »
it doesn't, please show me a time when there hasn't been catty infighting in this forum. it is what it is. this is a family, and like all families, somewhat dysfunctional. everybody has an asshole uncle.

True - but it sometimes helps to try to remember that the asshole uncle might actually be suffering. Writing people off as "bitter queens" allows us to objectify people, dehumanize them. I submit that people come to this forum for a reason. Do some come to troll? I dunno. It's certainly been done.

But most people wither feel that they need something that this forum has to offer, or feel in the fortunate position of having information and/or experience that might benefit the forum. I always get very uncomfortable when members "warn" others about personalities. It's been my experience that some of the more irascible members actually have been of the most assistance. A few have even sent bottles of pills to people in desperate need, at no small risk to themselves and at their own expense.

You don't find that sort of dedication to support just anywhere.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline zach

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 04:19:19 pm »
i'm not objectifying anyone, or dismissing them, but i do see patterns, and a spade is a spade.

without dredging up the "c" word, its a pattern that i have seen that new posters are treated somewhat dismissively. sure, there are the pat scripted welcome messages, sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us. that sort of thing. then a period of grace, until they say something they learned over at the body, and the flames begin.

gotta set the children straight, how dare they believe something the other rival site said, thats not accepted science! well, how the hell do they know that? oral sex is a prime example, everything i have ever read anywhere but here says that although small there is a percentage of risk of transmission. to my way of reading things, this group is the anomaly on that issue. but don't dare question that science.

and there are also, just as often, and just as predictable, new users expressing frustration at the unwritten rules of this forum. it is really easy to rub up against some of the personalities in here, and sometimes the new posters don't even know they've crossed a line.

all i was saying to the OP was take it for its worth, and let it roll off your back. if anybody was seriously offended by what i said... i dont care. we're all grown ups here. the moderators know how to ban me if they feel it warranted.

you ask how my post fostered forum unity... let me turn that question around for a moment.

how does it foster a welcoming atmosphere to ignore the many (and echoed over time) valid issues of new users. turning a blind eye just entrenches the status quo even more. i think thats a shame, and disengenious. the core group of names in this group doesn't change, and that says something to anyone that listens.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »
i'm not objectifying anyone, or dismissing them, but i do see patterns, and a spade is a spade.

without dredging up the "c" word, its a pattern that i have seen that new posters are treated somewhat dismissively. sure, there are the pat scripted welcome messages, sorry you have to be here, but glad you found us. that sort of thing. then a period of grace, until they say something they learned over at the body, and the flames begin.

gotta set the children straight, how dare they believe something the other rival site said, thats not accepted science! well, how the hell do they know that? oral sex is a prime example, everything i have ever read anywhere but here says that although small there is a percentage of risk of transmission. to my way of reading things, this group is the anomaly on that issue. but don't dare question that science.

and there are also, just as often, and just as predictable, new users expressing frustration at the unwritten rules of this forum. it is really easy to rub up against some of the personalities in here, and sometimes the new posters don't even know they've crossed a line.

all i was saying to the OP was take it for its worth, and let it roll off your back. if anybody was seriously offended by what i said... i dont care. we're all grown ups here. the moderators know how to ban me if they feel it warranted.

you ask how my post fostered forum unity... let me turn that question around for a moment.

how does it foster a welcoming atmosphere to ignore the many (and echoed over time) valid issues of new users. turning a blind eye just entrenches the status quo even more. i think thats a shame, and disengenious. the core group of names in this group doesn't change, and that says something to anyone that listens.

Zach: Why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's -- The OP was asking about how to use varius bells and whistles and other forum posting tips....  Your self-serving diatrabe did nothing to answer his initial post.

Unless of course, you have other intentions - other than being supportive and responding to the OPs question(s) rather than trying to fulfill your own agenda.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »
without dredging up the "c" word,

Cunt?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »
I am deeply sorry to the OP. I had no idea this exchange would incite such a derailing. I have started a new thread for that issue.

Welcome Thread

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:11 pm »

Zach,

What the hell is wrong with you?  Is this how you treat a member who is looking for information?  What an awful thing to do to a new member?

If you want to find a source of conflict in this forum, check the nearest mirror.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:28:13 pm »

I don't do a single one of those things. Typos > emoticons. I absolutely refuse to proofread my posts. This isn't a college English class. And they don't use emoticons in class either. Can you imagine?

However, I do enjoy discussing passion fruit. A lot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:34:23 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 01:49:15 pm »
I don't do a single one of those things
write a couple of long posts and have them just disappear into the ether, as happens on the net sometimes - and in specific when this site is acting up - and you might want to take this pretty common precaution, which I was suggesting to Mitch

I absolutely refuse to proofread my posts.
I have two pretty good reasons to proof my posts:

1) I proof my posts because sometimes I feel better having just written whatever it was and getting it off my chest. When I proof my writing I realize I'd be better off not posting at all. I would have gotten myself into a lot more flamewars if I had actually posted everything I've written. LOL

2) I find I often think much faster than I type. Proofreading each of my posts is an absolute must to ensure that I include all the words my fingers didn't have time to type while keeping up with my thoughts

as a bonus, I should point out, that previewing your post will show you when you screw up a quote, url, img tag or img url  ;)

This isn't a college English class. And they don't use emoticons in class either.
thank goodness this isn't a class! That means my emoticons are perfectly appropriate then.  ;) ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:32:02 pm »
write a couple of long posts and have them just disappear into the ether, as happens on the net sometimes - and in specific when this site is acting up - and you might want to take this pretty common precaution,

It's never happened to me. Maybe you're not operating your computer appropriately.

1) I proof my posts because sometimes I feel better having just written whatever it was and getting it off my chest. When I proof my writing I realize I'd be better off not posting at all. I would have gotten myself into a lot more flamewars if I had actually posted everything I've written. LOL

Fortunately I learned to exercise self-control at an early age.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »

LMAO!

PS-MA has little to spare these days. :P
Pss- S&S still effective. ???
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:51:15 pm by mitch777 »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »
It's never happened to me. Maybe you're not operating your computer appropriately.
This is an age-old problem on the net and has been discussed here by others at times when the site was acting up.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=15221.msg201583#msg201583
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=6645.msg74891#msg74891

You must have misunderstood what I was talking about as this is not a user-error problem; but a server/site issue. of course, this sort of thing happens with servers on the net all the time because the net is far from perfect. I'd definitely be surprised if you're telling us you've never encountered time-outs and lost form data before.

although, sadly, just being here shows you probably didn't use that vaunted self-control all the time.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:04 pm »
Let's see. +20,000 posts on my end to your pathetic ~5,000 and yet I've never had a post disappear. Then again, I don't spend hours composing a bunch of drivel that would cause me to commit ritual seppuku should it disappear in a puff of dragon smoke.

On another note I just woke up from a nap vomiting on my own digestive juices. Supposedly I no longer have sleep apnea but frankly I think my fancypants doctor that was once on Oprah is lying to me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:41:37 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:37 am »
I suggest the "Sesame Street for Adults" approach to understanding posting on this here computer and pull your hair net thingy.

;) :D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »
Let's see. +20,000 posts on my end to your pathetic ~5,000 and yet I've never had a post disappear.

I haven't either.  I guess I don't understand why that happens.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 06:27:51 pm »
I guess I don't understand why that happens.
as I pointed out with those links, it's always a server issue. Be thankful you've never been online posting during some of the days before the move to the new server here and then as the team got us up and running. ::) There were a lot of problems back then. This site has even had several virus attacks that have caused issues - along with posting errors.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »
Sometimes I will type a long reply in AM I INFECTED, only to press "post" and discover the post was locked. Sigh.

Some of my greatest gems, lost.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 07:41:39 am »
Sometimes I will type a long reply in AM I INFECTED, only to press "post" and discover the post was locked. Sigh.

Some of my greatest gems, lost.

That would probably be my fault. Heh. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 01:54:10 am »
That would probably be my fault. Heh. ;D

Trust me. You've done the right thing :)

Welcome Thread

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
Hey GulfCoast;

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your thread topic -- as a relative newbie here and this being my only on-line community I have wondered what proper etiquette is for a number of things myself.  Perhaps this thread will be the reference guide.

Again, welcome and wish you the best,
JM

Thank you JM,
I have learned guite a bit in this short time. Just as in a gay bar, there are those who are
there just to be bitches and and if you keep your ears open you can find those who are
there to help and be a friend. Thanks for you kind comments.

:)

Offline gulfcoastFL

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 12:18:48 am »
Zach,

What the hell is wrong with you?  Is this how you treat a member who is looking for information?  What an awful thing to do to a new member?

If you want to find a source of conflict in this forum, check the nearest mirror.

Joe

Thank you, BOTH. There is in fact a learning curve here and apparently a lot of queens
waiting to pounce on  you for whatever reasone. So thanks for those of you who understand
where I am coming from. For those who dont't  ..... sometimes it's better to say nothing
at all. .............If your southern..."I really don't know that poster to well".

Thanks
and best luck to all

;)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:02 am »
Thank you, BOTH. There is in fact a learning curve here and apparently a lot of queens
waiting to pounce on  you for whatever reasone. So thanks for those of you who understand
where I am coming from. For those who dont't  ..... sometimes it's better to say nothing
at all. .............If your southern..."I really don't know that poster to well".

Thanks
and best luck to all

;)

I have been on this site for ten years and I still can't upload a photo or paste a link worth shit.

My learning curve is a bit of a hamster wheel.

Welcome Thread

Offline oksikoko

• Writing the congressman again
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 02:41:56 am »
This site has even had several virus attacks that have caused issues - along with posting errors.

This is where I would usually put a tasteless joke, and it wouldn't even be funny. But see how well I'm refraining? I'm very proud. ( Clown hat, smiley face )
Code: [Select]
2014-11-14: CD4 Wars Episode II: Return of the Stribild (released in Europe as Stribild II: Werewolf Bitch)
2014-11-06:                ☣ VL (→) 12,627      ☣ CD4 (→) 639
2014-??-??: off treatment  ☣ VL (?)              ☣ CD4 (?)
2013-10-03:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1105
2013-05-23:                ☣ VL (=) undetectable ☣ CD4 (-) 945
2013-02-25:                ☣ VL (-) undetectable ☣ CD4 (+) 1123
2012-12-16: Enter Stribild
2012-11-20: HIV+           ☣ VL (→) 132,683      ☣ CD4 (→) 920
2012-04-01: HIV-
Dates in this signature file conform to ISO 8601. ;-)

If no one complains, nothing will ever change.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:58 am »
I still can't upload a photo or paste a link worth shit.
but I posted step-by-step instructions - with pix even ;)
IMPORTANT: PERSONALIZED AVATARS/FORUMS PICTURES
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=32457.msg459476#msg459476

give it another try soon! you can PM me for help. :D
It's what the "ComputerTutor" does

yes, that's me 8) in cartoon form!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.