Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:54:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prp cosmetic treatment  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Pozitivist

Prp cosmetic treatment
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:05:27 am »
Hi , i am on truvada stocrin treatment and ud, with 530 cd4 , i am thinking of having a facial prp çözmeyin treatment, any opinion on side effects with hıv?

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Prp cosmetic treatment
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »
Something is lost in the typing, what are you referring to?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 09:39:56 pm »
are you turkish?

prp = platelet-rich plasma?

çözmeyin = to solve?

i agree with mecch, not enough detail to what you're trying to say for us to help at this point

if i went way out on a limb... are you trying to treat facial wasting?

honestly, i feel like you're trying to ask a question that may be better posed to your doctor

Offline Pozitivist

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08:22 am »
Oh thank you,  Yes i was writing a cosmetic facial prp platalet rich plazma treatment .  And iasked the doctor and she said the treatment as they are injecting my own blood MAY awake the latent sleeping cells that the drugs can not affect normally.. So they may be termimated as Well which can lead a bonus of10 % less vl.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 05:13:31 am »
Hi,

Wait a minite.
What is it all about?
Could you explain it more?
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 06:53:06 am »
Oh thank you,  Yes i was writing a cosmetic facial prp platalet rich plazma treatment .  And iasked the doctor and she said the treatment as they are injecting my own blood MAY awake the latent sleeping cells that the drugs can not affect normally.. So they may be termimated as Well which can lead a bonus of10 % less vl.

Specific question, but you didn't answer... is the procedure to treat facial wasting (lipoatrophy)?

If yes,
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/FacialWasting/Q226480.html

It has NOT been shown to be an effective treatment for lipoatrophy.

However, I'm reading your reasoning as an attempt to reawaken dormant reservoirs of HIV.

That's loosely referred to as "kick and kill". I'm finding absolutely NO references to the procedure being used for that.

All that said... I'm not a doctor, just googling around.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but am I right that English isn't your first language? I worry that something is lost in translation here, our communication is imperfect at best, misguided confusion at worst. I really feel this is best left between you and your doctor. Just my opinion.

Are you on HIV meds? They are what will get your viral load to Undetectable level. Not some novel off label use of a cosmetic procedure.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 07:03:11 am »
I was also confused with the two different things you had mentioned, one the cosmetic treatment and the other the kick and kill thing.  Those two are not related to each other.
Japanese National.

Offline mecch

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 02:12:21 pm »
what is "cosmetic" about that?

I'm sorry I don't understand what is being offered to you.  :(
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 07:51:33 am »
Pozivisit,

I hope that you will talk with your doctor and make this thing clear.
I don't mean to be rude.   Not having a clear understanding is sometimes an obstacle.
Japanese National.

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 04:12:47 am »
Oh thank you,  Yes i was writing a cosmetic facial prp platalet rich plazma treatment .  And iasked the doctor and she said the treatment as they are injecting my own blood MAY awake the latent sleeping cells that the drugs can not affect normally.. So they may be termimated as Well which can lead a BONUS of10 % less vl.

* Patient wants a facial treatment.

* The 10% lower VL outcome is secondary ( note use of words  "may"  &  " bonus" )

:P

Offline mecch

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 10:27:11 am »
Sounds great.  Can I have one too?  ;D

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »
10% lower VL outcome
just what does this even mean? who (what patient and what doctor) is doing cosmetic surgery WITH a viral load above undetectable? who measures viral load in percentages? Just what is a 10% drop? (if you have a viral load of 100, after surgery you'd have 90? having a viral load of 1 million you'd lose 100,000? Being UD, you remain UD or still lose 10% for a negative viral load??) How are they even measuring viral load reservoirs to determine that viral load drop?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 10:56:51 pm »
at what point will someone...

ah screw it... i'll do it i guess, why not

this sounds bogus man, yellow card and red flags all over the place

if you want to have a cosmetic procedure to reduce scars or wrinkles... go ahead

but it doesn't treat facial wasting syndrome, and it won't have any added therapeutic effect on HIV.... thats nonsense

sounds like a plastic doctor is trying to blow smoke to up sell his services

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.