Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:47:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 209
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Risk assessment  (Read 31833 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Risk assessment
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 03:34:33 pm »
Your questions will not be addressed until you return to your original thread.

This is not the first time that it happens. You have started new threads at least three times in the past.  Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 03:37:32 pm »
About 30 minutes ago I just experienced a condom breakage being the receptive partner during anal sex. Just as he was going inside of me I heard a pop he pulled out immediately, and I told him I was done. He is a married, im assuming "bi-sexual" man. Luckily he was only inside of me no more than 5-10, 15 seconds at the most. Of Course he assures me he is clean and tells me he doesnt have unprotected sex too risky. We mad the mistake of using a vaseline instead of a lubricant, im sure thats what caused the breakage. I heard the pop of the condom and made him withrdaw, should i go out and get PEP? I know I am negative as I was tested in December and This was the second person I have ever had anal intercousre with the other person I used a condom wiht no breakage. Im just nervous scared and dont know what to do? Please help.

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 03:40:26 pm »
Sorry you are right added it to my old thread is there anyway i can erase this one?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 03:50:29 pm »
I've merged your threads here. Use only this thread if you have anything else to add.

You had a risk but a very low level one. From what you have described I wouldn't expect any problem. I don't see PEP as being warranted in this case.

I'll also mention that using the term "clean" in relation to HIV status is totally unacceptable. One is not either clean or dirty. This is about a virus and a person is either HIV negative or HIV positive. I'm sure you don't mean to be offensive, but for those living with the virus, using terms like clean and dirty are very offensive.

Bottom line regarding your risk, I see it as extremely low and does not warrant your doing PEP. But of course you have to decide about that.
Andy Velez

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 03:59:34 pm »
I am so sorry, i was just stating exactly what he said. Never meant any offense to anyone I again apologize, so would u just recommend me testing at three months, as I said this guy assures me he is HIV- and Disease free, and before meeting he did ask me if I had condoms in case things led in a different direction. So those are indicators he is safe sex oriented. And as I previously stated he was only in me for a few seconds before I heard the pop and he immediately withdrew. just want to make sure im doing everything i am supposed to be.

Thanks ANdy

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »
OK re no offense.

Common sense dictates that you should get tested in 3 months to confirm your negative status. You can do an initial test at 6 weeks. A negative at that point will be a likely and good sign that you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »
Thanks for your advice, one more question may I ask why do u call it a low level risk? I also thought the same thing because there was no ejaculation  or even pre-ejaculate(i guess it could have been a small amount) the condom was still completely dry I think it just was what we use for lubrication that caused the breakage. Or was it because he was inside of me for only a few seconds? Just seems the things I am always extremely concerned about are low risk from looking back on my history on this site.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:30 pm »
Thanks for your advice, one more question may I ask why do u call it a low level risk? I also thought the same thing because there was no ejaculation  or even pre-ejaculate(i guess it could have been a small amount) the condom was still completely dry I think it just was what we use for lubrication that caused the breakage. Or was it because he was inside of me for only a few seconds? Just seems the things I am always extremely concerned about are low risk from looking back on my history on this site.

It was an extremely brief, one-time-only event without ejaculation. That's why I say a low level risk.

And yes, in the past you have been "extremely concerned." Unduly so in terms of the realities of HIV tranmission. Let's not go through another extended round about this latest event. I expect you to come out of this ok. 
Andy Velez

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2014, 03:51:24 am »
I participated in anal sex yesterday (receptive partner). I used a fresh condom and lubricant (KY Jelly). There was no condom breakage during the intercourse. I laid on my stomach and my partner was on top of me, he ejaculated inside the condom inside me. As he pulled out he did not grab the base of the condom, so basically he just slipped out leaving the condom inside of me after he pulled out the base of the condom was hanging outside of my anus. This made me somewhat anxious, I went to the bathroom and filled the condom with water it was clearly full of semen, but where my concern comes is should I be concerned semen got inside of me, would I feel differently, I am new to be penetrated and very tight I checked and only could feel lubricant inside of me. I am very safe sex oriented and have only done anal a few times because I'm afraid of something happening. I just went to my PCP on Monday and had my full panel done (yearly test). I have been having sex with this partner for a few months now he states he was tested a few months ago, and he has agreed to take a rapid test for my peace of mind. I'm just seeing if I have a cause of concern, need to take PEP etc. Thanks for your help and input.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2014, 08:15:24 am »
You have been repeatedly warned not to start new threads but yet you did it again .

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

An intact condom means no HIV so you did not have a risk for HIV ... sliding out of a condom is not a risk . Please your your thread again ... everything you want to know has already been addressed .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2014, 10:06:09 am »
My apologies I haven't used this site in two years I forgot the policy. My only concern was any leakage into me. As I stated, I did fill the condom with water up  and it clearly was full of semen. Just want to make sure I didn't have a risk or if PEP was warranted.

Thanks

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2014, 10:11:03 am »
Any sexual fluids that are outside the body are not infectious for HIV so you need not worry about it seeping and leaking and creeping . It was not a risk . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2021, 08:37:55 pm »
I have a regular sexual partner that I have been having protected receptive anal sex with for over a year. He is a married man that "identifies" as straight. He claims to be HIV- and we have never had unprotected sex or a condom break. I am tested for HIV/STDs regularly and as of last week I am HIV-. I started PREP last week (Truvada (generic) once daily). Just earlier I foolishly had about a minute of unprotected receptive anal sex. He did not ejaculate inside me as after a few strokes I came to my senses and we finished as normal with a condom. I know PREP isn't PEP but seeing as I have only been on PREP for about a week I'm sure I am not "fully protected." I am wondering would PEP be warranted in this scenario. Thank you.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2021, 08:54:54 pm »
Hiya,

He is a married man that "identifies" as straight. He claims to be HIV- and we have never had unprotected sex or a condom break. I am tested for HIV/STDs regularly and as of last week I am HIV-.

Totally irrelevant.

I started PREP last week (Truvada (generic) once daily). Just earlier I foolishly had about a minute of unprotected receptive anal sex. He did not ejaculate inside me as after a few strokes I came to my senses and we finished as normal with a condom. I know PREP isn't PEP but seeing as I have only been on PREP for about a week I'm sure I am not "fully protected." I am wondering would PEP be warranted in this scenario. Thank you.

Anyhow, regarding PrEP after 7 days of taking PrEP daily, it would reach maximum protection from HIV for receptive anal sex. It's highly effective against HIV but not a guarantee so do test more routinely i.e. every 3 months for HIV and easier to acquire STI's.

As for taking PEP over this incident, this is totally up to you. Please note if you are considering PEP you should start taking this as soon as possible after exposure starting no later than 72 hours post-exposure

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Continue taking PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get tested regularly for STI's including but not limited to HIV.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:01:58 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2021, 09:00:29 pm »
Why did you start a new thread?

I know you checked your old thread from 2007 before posting today...
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2021, 09:06:11 pm »
It gave a message suggesting to start a new thread since the post was so old......

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2021, 09:20:26 pm »
That's selective reading/thinking.

The note would have been:
this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

You should be very sure considering it's been explained a few times already that as a member of this forum section you must post within this single thread.

I'm not going to keep merging threads and warning you as the last mods & admins did. If you post outside the thread again it will lead to a ban.

Past warnings on the subject.

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've been coming here for over a year so you should know this stuff by now

Once again, I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

You must keep all your thoughts questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us follow your story and allows us to give you the most accurate advice.

If you cannot find your original thread, please click the red link I have posted above. Alternatively you can use the "Show own posts" link which appears in the uppermost left hand column on any forum page.

Your questions will not be answered unless you return to your original thread

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

I've merged your threads here. In the future please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread, which is something you have been told before.

Your questions will not be addressed until you return to your original thread.

This is not the first time that it happens. You have started new threads at least three times in the past.  Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines.

I've merged your threads here. Use only this thread if you have anything else to add.

You have been repeatedly warned not to start new threads but yet you did it again .

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2021, 09:24:49 pm »
That's selective reading/thinking.

The note would have been:
You should be very sure considering it's been explained a few times already that as a member of this forum section you must post within this single thread.

I'm not going to keep merging threads and warning you as the last mods & admins did. If you post outside the thread again it will lead to a ban.

Past warnings on the subject.

Understood, I haven't been on here since 2014. Is there a reason you have to be so rude about it?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:13 pm »
Rude, you already tried that once with Ann.

You know the rules, you accessed the thread today and had been warned 7 times already! So today I am being crystal clear with you on the subject, leaving no doubt.

Consider this the final warning.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:46 pm »
Rude, you already tried that once with Ann.

You know the rules, you accessed the thread today and had been warned 7 times already! So today I am being crystal clear with you on the subject, leaving no doubt.

Consider this the final warning.

I haven't used this outlet in 7 plus years. I'm sorry I don't remember the rules. I initially tried to reply to that thread and when I saw that message I assumed it was best to create a new one. I do feel like you barely answered my question and then began to bite my head of like I'm a child, and to think I paid to have a question answered. I was having a stressful moment in life and was looking to get some advice instead I was yelled at by you about  merging a thread. Your warning was Crystal clear, this ISN'T the place to come to for advice. You be blessed and stay well Jim.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2021, 09:44:51 pm »
Nobody yelled at you, I've been very clear on the subject and you're welcome. Now, if you come back with more gripes about the warning provided it will also lead to a ban.

Now, unless I'm mistaken your questions posted about the risk event were all addressed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:52:13 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2021, 02:14:17 pm »
I've read online that taking PREP delays HIV test results. If this is true and I wait the required timeframe my test still may not be accurate due to me taking the medication. Would I need to stop taking the medicine in order to receive an accurate result?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2021, 02:27:30 pm »
Hiya.

It's a rare issue, it's also one of the reasons PrEP users should be testing more frequently and four additional weeks are added to testing post finishing PEP.

So if you switch to PEP I would recommend testing 6 weeks after finishing the course.

If you continue with PrEP program, which by design gives a layer of protection against HIV, then just test as you routinely should i.e every three months and talk to your healthcare provider during the screenings.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:43:00 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline cb200788

• Standard
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2021, 02:52:32 pm »
I decided to stick with the PREP and test as I should. Not saying it couldn't happen but it was literally for 60 seconds and I came to my senses and got a new condom continued with protected sex until we were done. My biggest risk would have been a miniscule amount of prec*m if anything at all. Thanks for the prompt response.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2021, 07:33:10 am »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.