Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:59:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 497
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 497
Total: 498

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help me, I am very scared!  (Read 8754 times)

Offline aloneinthedark

Please help me, I am very scared!
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:21:04 am »
Dear Experts,

First off, I would like to express my gratitude to all Experts here for their useful work! You are very great!

Although I have read the Transmission Lesson for many times! But I am still worried about the possible risk of the transmission from sucking the nipple!

One week ago, I met a woman in the bar, she offered me to have sex with he but I refused. But in the private room, under the influence of beer and the film. I could not resist to her attractive body. We had some deep kisses and fingering.

The most scary thing that made me very scared was that: I sucked her nipple very hard. And she told me that she just given birth six moths ago. I think that the fluid from her nipple(breast-milk) could enter my mouth and infect me via my rotten teeth and my sore....I have read the TRansmission Lesson for many many times, and the scenario I mentioned is not listed. But as I think about the incident, I was worried sick!

Experts, Could you assess the risk for me? I am very worried! I know the safe-sex but the incident was real!

Thanks alot in advance,

ALONE IN THE DARK

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please help me, I am very scared!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 04:05:37 am »
Zero risk in the manner in which you've described.

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:23:37 am »
Dear EXPERTS,

Thanks alto for your prompt reply, but I am still confused by the conflicting opinions collected from the Internet. Some websites said that I had no risk, but the other said I had some risk if I consumed the copious amount of milk. But I as lo hear that I had to drink gallons of that fluid to be infected...

What is the second opinion? Anyone else help me!

Thanks for your reply again!

ALONE IN THE DARK
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:26:12 am by aloneinthedark »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:42:28 am »
alone,

Not even babies who are fed nothing but breastmilk from an hiv infected mother are guaranteed to become infected.

You were NOT at risk from sucking a nipple, milk or no milk. NO RISK.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:08:15 am »
Dear all,

SO I can get rid of my worry now? And all the details given from my incident was very very safe! It is very safe to suck a nipple, milk and much milk involved!Right?

Thanks alot for your precious time to read my topic!

ALONE

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:16:48 am »
Alone,

Yes, you can stop worrying. Suck all the nipples you want, including milk, and you won't put yourself at risk for hiv infection. Saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and make it unable to infect.

Nipple sucking, milk or no milk, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:40:14 am »
Thanks alto! But Is HIV killed off right away by Saliva before it infect someone? I think Saliva needs time to kill off that virus...Sorry for the silly question. But This is a chance to open my eyes on the real world of HIV transmission and I have been taught with silly knowledge from the school.

In school, I was taught that Oral Sex, Fingering are the risks for HIV infection...Thanking to this forum, I understand the real transmission of HIV.

Thanks alto! ANN,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 05:44:38 am »
alone,

Hiv is a VERY fragile virus. Saliva damages it very quickly. Hiv is not present in any great quantities in breast milk.

One more time, you did NOT have a risk from sucking nipples. Not one adult has EVER been infected in this manner and you won't be the first.

I hope you've also read through the posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread - if you haven't, get reading.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 11:46:51 pm »
Thanks EXPERTS,

Over the past three days, I have been searching in this forum and I finally found out that:

To infect someone, HIV must "pass" from this one to someoneelse in the welcoming environment, such environment could be found in the vaginal and anal section only. Right? Mouth is not a friendly environment at all because there is saliva that kill off HIV before it is still active and infecting.

Even the mouth has decayed teeth and open sore? Saliva still kill off JIV??I am sorry for this question because I have many decayed teeth ans possible sores in my mouth

I remember the incident happened months ago, I went to bed with a sex worker, I tried to put on the condom but it covered half of my penis only, and I began to penetrate her, but I was worried about the rest of my penis so I drew out and turned the condom inside out then put on that condom back. I was afraid that the vaginal fluid stuck on the condom could contact the hole of my penis and infected me.

Was I at risk?

Thanks for your support again,

ALONE
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:49:37 pm by aloneinthedark »

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:49:53 pm »
Noone helps me out, I am so sad and alone in the dark!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 11:53:40 pm »
Alone,

This:

Noone helps me out, I am so sad and alone in the dark!

is patently untrue. We have already answered your questions. You were not at risk and you do not need to test for HIV.

You must understand that you will not be permitted to indulge yourself in self-pity and hand-wringing about non-risk issues here.

It's time for you to get over this and move on.

MtD

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 02:10:23 am »
Thanks Matty,

I think you misunderstand me !:-(

I only have the question from this scenario:

I remember the incident happened months ago, I went to bed with a sex worker, I tried to put on the condom but it covered half of my penis only, and I began to penetrate her, but I was worried about the rest of my penis so I drew out and turned the condom inside out then put on that condom back. I was afraid that the vaginal fluid stuck on the condom could contact the hole of my penis and infected me.
Was I at risk? [/b]

I got rid of the risk from sucking nipple already!Many many thanks for your very useful replies! I am relieved!

Just one question and I will stop fooling around here!

Thank you!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 08:20:38 am »
alone,

No, you were not at risk in this condom incident either.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 05:59:41 am »
Dear Experts,

I am sorry for being troublesome again! But I am very scared. and this time I am worried about the safety of my son.

My son is just 26 months old. And he is attending the kindergarten, my wife and I are still working from 8Am to 5PM.

Last month, he and I went to the park. As I kept my eyes on the bags and ordered the drink, he was left the motorbike and running in the grass. I tried to catch him because I was afraid that he could be stuck with the syringes. I had the fact because drug-users always left their used syringes around in the grass. I had seen them for times and avoided the trouble.

When I caught him, I asked him that Did you feel the pain on the leg?. He said NO. But I did not believe him, he always pretended to be all right. I checked his leg very carefully, no wound, no bleeding.

I have one question:

If my son was stuck with the syringe, Did  it make a big swell? or Did it cause bleeding?

Is syringes lying around dangerous? Assuming that if one used it and disposed it in the grass. 05 minutes later, another one accidentally was stuck by that syringe. Does this circumstance put  that man at a risk of HIV infection? I have read many topics in this forum, and you said that HIV can not live outside the body for a few minutes. Is this statement a base to reject the risk from the circumstance above?

One month after that incident, my son has a big fever. I am very scared now!

Please help me! I keep praying for the safety of my son once I am away from him.

Thanks for your help.

ALONE IN THE DARK

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 07:01:36 am »
Alone,

I have never known a 26 month old child to "pretend" to be OK when injured. 

I have to tell you, you're sounding a little paraniod.

Morgan
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:24:25 am by Morgan »
Morgan Landers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 08:30:22 am »
Alone, we don't deal with what if scenarios here. You have conjured up just such a one in relation to your son.
There is no reason to believe he had an HIV exposure from your latest one.

You are convincing me that you have an unhealthy and unwarranted focus on HIV risks. I suggest you see a counselor or other mental health professional to discuss this and to get some support with dealing with it. Otherwise I can easily envision you coming back here with yet more of the what if possibilities. Get yourself some help. Life is too short to be spent needlessly worrying in this manner.
Andy Velez

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:17 pm »
Dear Experts,

Some months passing by, but this site keeps being my favor site and I am very grateful for its useful knowledge.

I am involved in a new incident again. This is because when I am on the internet, I came across the article taken from www.thebody.com. The article was about the possible transmission from infected one to others via kissing.

You can see the link below:
http://www.thebody.com/content/art17140.HTML

This reminds me of many times I had involved in deep kissing previously. And I did have cuts, some decayed tooth's, open wounds in my mouth...But I ignored because the transmission lesson does not list deep kissing in the risky behaviors. But when I read the article given, it makes me scared.

Dear Experts, Could you give me the advice? I am so confused!

Thanks alto in advance,

Alone in the dark

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 05:20:54 am »
Dear Experts,

No one helps me out! I think that I have the reasons to worry over the risk of HIV infection via deep kissing! Right? Even with extremely low risk, one can get HIV from kissing...

I would be very grateful if you spend some minutes with me to discuss the problem..

Many thanks from Alone!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 06:11:29 am »
Alone,

Kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection, no matter how deep, no matter what sort of details or articles you can come up with to scare yourself with.

That case is nearly thirteen years old. ONE incident of possible - possible - not proven transmission via kissing in over a quarter of a century of this pandemic does not mean a single thing.

One more time, and I'll type it slowly; kissing, deep or otherwise, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

If you're read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

I've deleted the last post you made which contained yet another old, outdated article about the same case you linked to above. Bring another article here that's older than two or three years and you'll be timed out - possibly banned. Get off the internet and go get on with your life. If you cannot get over the fact that you haven't had a risk, then perhaps it's time you sought out a mental health care provider. This forum isn't the appropriate place for you to indulge your irrational hiv fears.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 06:16:02 am »
Alone,

I've deleted yet another post where you've linked to an old article. My patience with you is running very thin - one more post will earn you a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline aloneinthedark

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 06:21:22 am »
Dear ANN,

Yes, Thanks for your reply. I have read the article over and over again. I think that, to be infected via kissing, one must have very serious open wounds in the mouth, and when I kiss some with open wounds, I would taste the smell of fresh blood. If I tasted the smell of blood, I would have the risk. And I would have to see the mouth with blood, or blood leaking from the teeth, then I have the risk, right?

Do not block me! I am here to be a good man. I am here to learn the safe sex...

Thanks,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 06:36:19 am »
Alone,

Do you repeatedly punch people in the mouth before you kiss them? Because unless you do, there wouldn't be enough blood present to worry about.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.