Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:59:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772955
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 510
Total: 512

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: socials  (Read 4754 times)

Offline madeleine

socials
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:19:11 am »
i am interested in starting a social club for straight black and latin singles

in ten years I have not found one that served my purpose
I am 56 female straight, i have come across two social groups

1- 30 to 65 -male female = gay
2 -all ages male, female - have passes for leave the rehab for this party
than back on the bus

I would like a place fo us male, female ,single, straight. black and hispanic over 35  someplace
in manhatten. - there are many of us out there we just dont know how to find each
 other, and meet face to face. and feel free.
If there is anyone interested in helping me do this for us.
I want it to be a place to meet someone in public, not over the net.
I want to bring us together, if everyone could appreciate being with people
who connect without speaking. we may be lucky enough to meet someone special.
that cant happen on the net.
so if anyone would like to help me with this i would appreciate it.
i have thought about this for a  long time.  and i think it was be encouraging.
i love when it comes together.
i want to see everyone having a good time,
not to make you feel like a leper, people stayed away from lepers, we stay away from people more and more, you forget sometimes that you are not the only has it, but other than the dcs office,  we never meet poz people,by chance on the street.
how sad is it that we are looking for love on a machine.   
so can anyone give me a starting point

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
Re: socials
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:01:46 am »
Madeleine,
Congrats on stepping up to take the bull by the horns!

I offer these suggestions on getting started:

1.  Contact the NY Association on HIV Over Fifty, based at GMHC.  http://www.nyahof.org/workingwithus.htm ....they obviously serve the top end of your target pop and do so across sexuality lines, but they surely know of people with similar desires

2.  Learn from Strength In Numbers NYC, the Gay male social group.  When it comes to organizing and living with HIV, you have a lot more in common than in difference!

3.  Talk to infectious disease docs.  These are the people who come in contact with the folks you want to bring together.  I know that SIN groups in many cities get a heavy volume of referrals from doctors.

4.  Talk with supportive churches and other organizations about space.  I have friends in Manhattan, Queer as they may be, who have been involved in HIV services without regard to race, gender, or sexuality for years, and I would be delighted to put you in touch with them to find supportive orgs.

5.  Get out there on social networking sites NOW.  Places like myspace, facebook, and LinkedIn to attract people who are looking.

6.  Contact HIV dating sites to request free ads in advance of when they are needed.  Sites will jump at the chance to sponsor events.

Namaste,
David
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline abstract4

• If it aint fun...DON'T DO IT
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:08:06 pm »
  I know that SIN groups in many cities get a heavy volume of referrals from doctors.

Hey Folks,

The above from a recent reply to someone looking for love.

Always up for SIN myself...I would like to know more about SIN groups.
Is this some kind of Sixties like group grope thing???

abstract4

"Sex and Drugs and Rock n' Roll been very good to me"

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:18:07 pm »
Sorry, no 60s holdover .... see http://www.strengthinnumbers.org/
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.