Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:04:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 580
Total: 582

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anal warts  (Read 8585 times)

Offline MemyselfnI

Anal warts
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:09:52 am »
Hi i think i posted and asked a question awhile ago . im not sure what my cd4 is but 2 months ago it was 300 and i havent checked at the doctors since. I got surgery for warts on thursday and it seems to be healing fine except for 2 things that feel like bumps when i touch the area but im not sure if its infection or its just part of healing. and also it still hurts alot to go to the washroom even tho its been 4 days now is that normal? should it be getting better ?

Offline next2u

Re: Anal warts
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:26:42 am »
dont touch it. use stool softener or modify your diet (think fiber). you can take a bath in warm water with salts to help the pain down there. 4 days is still soon and everybody's person is different. if it is not getting worse and you are not seeing a discharge you probably do not have an infection.

did you surgeon provide you with an antibiotic ointment to apply during the healing process? others here have had the procedure and if you query hpv, anal warts, ass surgery or something to that effect im sure you will find a lot of good info.

also, there is an article on poz.com that speaks to an hiv drug that kills hpv cells. i believe they are still doing trials but so far so good. i hope you feel better soon. be kind to your arse.

best,
d
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:36:11 am »
Thanks so much for the advice :) I used the milk of magnesia and when it comes out its not hard its very soft already. Im glad to hear its normal for it to still hurt , and I took a warm bath after I was having uncomfertable and it totally went away , ive been doing sitz bath 3 times a day .  i usually go once a day when i drink coffee cause for me its like a laxative , i have 1 coffee a day so its not unhealthy. ive been eating regulairily.  I am gonna go to the walk in clinic tommorow morning just for them to look at the healing site to be completely sure because my apointment with the surgeon who did my surgery isnt for another 3 weeks and if i needed antibiotics , and no the doctor didnt give me anything but pain pills , i was reading some forums on here and most people get sent home with stool softeners kinda weird he didnt give me it also didnt give me antibiotic ointment , I wont touch it anymore for sure :)

oh and i am seeing discharge in my depends underwear i am wearing so maybe it could be a sign but i thought it was normal for it to be continous discharge for a week or 2

and Im just glad they are removed and that part is over with all in all
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:43:16 am by MemyselfnI »

Offline surf18

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:40 am »
discharge is normal. the surgery was one of the most painful things ive ever had in my life. expect pain when going to the bathroom for weeks. and the pain after the bathroom will exist for hours afterwards. terrible. i was left with a freaking skin tag in my but after surgery.
and also i know maybe to much info but if its your thing and i dont know if it is, but expect pain for things going in the but to ha ,well im 99 days post surgery today and it still hurts.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:15 am »
and also it still hurts alot to go to the washroom even tho its been 4 days now is that normal? should it be getting better ?

Stools softeners are best after surgery like this.  And since you only had this surgery last Thursday, you are still healing.

You need to get moist wipes ( if you haven't already) And use them, you"ll be glad you did.  Make sure to pat the area instead of using  wiping action. you will need to be gentle, and your doing the sitz baths, so that's fine.

I had some on again/ off again very light spotting of blood, at least 5 to 7 days after surgery, and it took me about a week and a half to heal up completely.

Take care----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline surf18

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:51:08 am »
YES! I forgot to say that moist towels are huge!and yes stool softener
I didn't at first and damnnnn I wish I did

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 10:37:36 am »
You guys are freaking me out.  I'm having a dyplastic internal anal mass removed tomorrow along with some external warts.  Should I be asking for some extra strength pain meds?  I've had the external ones burnt off in the past and they weren't bad.  Evidently, the surgical process is much worse.

Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline surf18

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 10:47:17 am »
Ironically I'm just leaving butt dr follow up!
Said skin tag got bigger and needs to be surgically removed!
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!
So last poster yes ask for major drugs!!!

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:54 pm »
You guys are freaking me out.  I'm having a dyplastic internal anal mass removed tomorrow along with some external warts.  Should I be asking for some extra strength pain meds?  I've had the external ones burnt off in the past and they weren't bad.  Evidently, the surgical process is much worse.
good luck and best wishes Gregg!  :-*

I had the external sugery 8 days ago. No stool softners, only sitz baths. No pain either with only some mild discomfort on days 4-5 as most of the initial healing was happening.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:49 pm »
discharge is normal. the surgery was one of the most painful things ive ever had in my life. expect pain when going to the bathroom for weeks. and the pain after the bathroom will exist for hours afterwards. terrible. i was left with a freaking skin tag in my but after surgery.
and also i know maybe to much info but if its your thing and i dont know if it is, but expect pain for things going in the but to ha ,well im 99 days post surgery today and it still hurts.

lol wow this is scaring me , after i use the washroom i take 2 t3's sit in a bath and wait it out  , whats gonna happen when they run out ?? does the pain reduce after awhile tho ??

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:49:48 pm »
so i wasnt able to go to a walk in clinic today cause i left my health card in my dads car so ill have to wait till tommorow  but the advice everyone is giving is good and helps :)

Offline surf18

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »
sorry! didnt mean to scare you but you mine as well hear the truth. i was not prepared for the pain. now i am so when i have this stupid ass skin tag removed.ill have my stool softner,better pain drugs, and moist wipes!

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 02:00:30 am »
do you think the prolonged pain has anything to do with the skin tag tho??  ???

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 03:44:52 am »
okay good news almost day 6 and there was pain but not as horrible as the last 2 times just uncomfertable after feels like my muscles in there are spasming but when im in a warm tub bath with salt it gets better :D

Offline surf18

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:09 am »
nope . the skin tag is painless. i just think butt surgery is a painful surgery. and it affects my lifestyle too if you know what i mean and that sucks too.
but really it was horrible going to the bathroom for weeks and left lingering pain after each time and after surgery pain kept me up despite many perkosats all freaking night.
but maybe op will have a better surgeon that will cost him less pain?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 08:11:28 am »
I'll let you all know more as I have my surgery scheduled for 11:00 in downtown Columbus.  I can't seem to get the visualization out of my mine of how wide they have to stretch me open to get inside.  My brother made a gross joke about that and I won't share it lest it might come true....lol  I went to the store to pick up all the supplies you guys mentioned just in case....so thanks for that.  I picked up a small bottle of Jager just in case also.  That stuff knocks me right out.

Offline surf18

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 12:46:30 pm »
Good luck wolfy! Were thinking of you!

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »
I'll let you all know more as I have my surgery scheduled for 11:00 in downtown Columbus.  I can't seem to get the visualization out of my mine of how wide they have to stretch me open to get inside.  My brother made a gross joke about that and I won't share it lest it might come true....lol  I went to the store to pick up all the supplies you guys mentioned just in case....so thanks for that.  I picked up a small bottle of Jager just in case also.  That stuff knocks me right out.

I wish you the best of luck !! you will be tripped out for the surgery maybe but after i was put out and it was over with I was like thats it ??   

it was my first time being put out so thats why..

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 02:28:33 am »
okay so i went to the walk in clinic yesterday and everything she said is healing fine by the looks of it she gave me antibiotics just incase and stool softener and also more t3's for when i use the washroom.

now my question is . i almost went today but it was really big and hard stool and i was scared so i stopped before it came out and ive been just waiting . i took a stool softener and going to take another before bed. will it actually help or will i have to deal with the hard stool first ?? :(  its really stressing me out

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 03:04:41 am »
okay so i went to the walk in clinic yesterday and everything she said is healing fine by the looks of it she gave me antibiotics just incase and stool softener and also more t3's for when i use the washroom.

now my question is . i almost went today but it was really big and hard stool and i was scared so i stopped before it came out and ive been just waiting . i took a stool softener and going to take another before bed. will it actually help or will i have to deal with the hard stool first ?? :(  its really stressing me out

I think you'll have to deal with the hard stool first.  I'm not sure stool softners will work once the poo is at the back door.  Having dealt with large stools myself, lube helps.  You could try getting as much lube up in there.  I have a friend who will fill an empty enema bottle up with hot water (not too hot that it will cause burns), and squirt the hot/warm water up his bum to soften the stool.  I've not tried that, so not sure how well that works.  Hope it comes out okay. 

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 04:19:25 am »
thank you !! :) well i got a fleet enema today actually just incase the softener doesnt work , so i think even if its at the back door the water hopefully will soften it enough to not hurt alot lol.  I just dont wanna rip the inside and prolong the healing process because besides this little problem everything seems to be going fine

Offline wolfter

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 07:22:32 am »
okay so i went to the walk in clinic yesterday and everything she said is healing fine by the looks of it she gave me antibiotics just in case and stool softener and also more t3's for when i use the washroom.

How are sure of the consistency if you didn't allow it come out?  My first solid BM after the surgery felt like I was having a freaking baby and it was only "baby turds".  You certainly don't want to deal with impaction on top of everything else.  It's gonna hurt like a mother f*****, but it needs to come out. Have you considered taking a couple of pains pills in advance once you start feeling the urge?   What are t3's?  In my case, I start filling the tub before I even sit on the toilet and it takes quite of while for the pain and burning to calm down.
Good luck, wishing you comfortable pooping.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:08 pm »
Having dealt with large stools myself, lube helps. 

Uh, excuse me Theodora.  You stick lube up your butthole to ease out large turds?  Exactly how does that work, and is this indicative that your better half is hung like a hamster?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline MemyselfnI

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:29 am »
thanks for the advice people , i did go the next day and used an enema and it worked out fine , and the only bad thing now is i got a hemorrhoid external :S i went to the doctor and she said it would go away on its own but may leave a skin tag. i can never win lol  but she said everything else is healing perfectly

Offline northernguy

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 01:12:34 am »
I've said it before, but ask your doctors if Infrared Coagulation is available to you as an alternative to surgery.  Generally it is far less painful.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.