Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:45:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 504
Total: 507

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Do I need further testing?  (Read 7195 times)

Offline joomla_id

Do I need further testing?
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:55 am »
Hi everyone :)

I have possible HIV exposure on 19th of February, having unprotected anal sex with someone of unknown health status. That was my first unprotected sexual intercourse ever and I'm pretty sure that he open his condom without my consent..

I'm stupid and careless I know. I got Gonorrhea from this single exposure, that's make me scared. Probably my sexual partner have been engaged in unprotected sexual intercourse before.

Anger, fear, and worries came... Don't know about PEP at that time..  :-[
In this 3 months I'm getting ARS like symptoms.. fever,headache,swollen lymph glands, some itchyrash, tingling in my body, etc.

I got tested for HIV in the 4th week after possible exposure and it came negative. The same is happen with my 11th week (79 days) after exposure rapid test in Government Hospital in Indonesia and it came negative.. And I tested again on day 97th using rapid test (Oncoprobe and SD HIV 1/2) the result is negative.

Am I really HIV negative? Do I need further testing? Are my test result reliable? Im getting anxious about me being the 3% who are gonna tested positive after 3 months?

Please reply.. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:41:51 am by joomla_id »

Offline joomla_id

Re: Do I need further testing?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:52 am »
on my 100th+ day of possible exposure.. still feel the symptoms.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:09:16 am »
on my 100th+ day of possible exposure.. still feel the symptoms.

Then you know that ARS does not last that long.

You are reliably HIV negative. You tested at the three month period.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:11:05 am »
Then you know that ARS does not last that long.

You are reliably HIV negative. You tested at the three month period.

Are you sure im HIV negative? My doctor and counselor said I'm Negative too. But I read online some doctors says I need to tested at six months coz I have very high risk exposure and got bacterial STD too. I'm so worried that I'll be the one who tested positive after 3 months.

My Counselor and Doctor at the clinic said 3 months as window period as said by Indonesian Health Ministry. But other doctor still using 6 months as window period. They said they have seen people who are tested negative in 3 months after exposure become positive after that.  I don't know whom I can trust.

This was unwanted unprotected sexual encounter. got traumatized by this experience.. try to call my last sexual partner, but he rejects all my calls and not replying my text.  What should I do?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 04:25:12 am »
The current testing window is three months. It has been three months for many years now.

If you were raped, then I am very sorry for that trauma. However, it makes no logical sense for a "high risk" encounter to have a different testing window than a "low risk" encounter. HIV is a virus. It does not distinguish between risk factors. To imagine different testing windows for a pathogen, which is a mindless virus, dependent upon the risk factors, is illogical. It assigns motive to a virus. It makes it seem like different risky acts bring about different consequences.

Unprotected anal and vaginal sex are risks for HIV. But the testing window for both (insertive and receptive) is three months.

That is according to the latest science, and the WHO (World Health Organization,) to which Indonesia is a part, agrees.

If your partner assaulted you, you should not be texting or calling. You should be reporting the assault to the authorities. And if he did not, your texts and calls are also useless. Because you have tested negative at the appropriate time.

The only person's status that matters here is yours. And you ARE HIV negative.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:08:52 am »
well thanks for the assurance :)
its very encouraging..

jki, do you have any advice for my HIV anxiety? when I'm ready to accept my test results..my mind keep workin' on me again.. is my test reliable? are there no mistake? etc, etc.. plus my groin,neck, and armpit  are still sore until now. not to mention general malaise and joint ache.. i became anxious again.. ???

what should I do?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:17:19 am by joomla_id »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:26 am »
Joomla,

I agree with Jonathan - you are conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

As for your hiv anxiety, we can't help you with that here. Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:03 am »
Joomla,

I agree with Jonathan - you are conclusively hiv negative. You do not have hiv.

As for your hiv anxiety, we can't help you with that here. Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist.

Ann

Do I need further testing just to put my mind at rest? But somehow I'm afraid that I'll tested positive at 6 month.  :P

Ann and Jonathan, have you seen someone tested positive after 3 month negative? I'm not on chemo, not a chronic IV drug user, and far as I know, dont have any immune disorder. Is it possible for me to tested positive at 6 months?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 07:28:56 am »
No you do not need further testing.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:07 am »
Joomla,

I've never seen anyone who has tested negative at six WEEKS go on to test positive, let alone test positive after a three month negative.

You are conclusively hiv negative. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25:26 pm »
Sorry Ann.. I don't mean to questioning my test result. But somehow I'm confused about a lot of different information I read on the internet about testing window. And different opinions from doctors here.

I just want to get some conclusive result on my status. Am I negative or positive? But they keep telling me different information.  My doctor say 3 month, but other doctor say 6 month, even there's a doctor who tell me that testing window could take a year.. :o

Whom shall I believe?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 10:44:19 pm »
http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:29:25 am »
so can I celebrate my result now??? ;D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:37:57 am »
Joomla,

I've never seen anyone who has tested negative at six WEEKS go on to test positive, let alone test positive after a three month negative.

You are conclusively hiv negative. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

How much more clearly do you need to be told that you are HIV negative!!  You don't have HIV. Period. Cut out the unnecessary drama and get on with your life.

If you come back with more of this unwarranted worry you are going to get a Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 10:19:48 pm »
thanks all of the good people in this site :)

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:49 am »
I want to ask about gonnorhea, is it possible for gonnorhea to appear beyond one month after possible infection?

I had unprotected anal sex on 3 and 19 February with my friend, I knew him and his familiy. First we use condoms, and he took it off without my consent. I'm not suspicious about this at that time. On 3 February he took it off without my consent and I'm okay with it first, on 19 February I insist to use condom but still he open it again without my consent.. I'm okay with it at first. Because I knew him and trust him.  He said that he haven't engaged in unprotected sexual encounter before with me.

On March 16 I began to see the yellow discharge and feel pain in urinating. At that point I'm getting paranoid that he is very promicious and maybe have been infected with HIV and infect me too. He was my only unprotected sex experience I had. And honestly the best sex I ever had.. :D.

I ask him, over and over again, but he denied that he was infected with gonnorhea. I just couldn't believe him. He got mad at me and feel insulted because I accuse him infect me with HIV.

The gonnorhea makes me scared and get tested for HIV 3 months after 19 February, it was negative.

As I recall, I also have protected anal sex at 10 March, unprotected oral and fisting, and some unprotected frottage with other casual partner. Is it possible getting gonnorhea from this encounter? When do you think the time I was infected with Gonnorhea?

I just want to say sorry for my friend, because I accuse him for something he didn't do if I was indeed infected by gonnorhea from other partner and if he was HIV negative after all this time.

Oh, and my last sexual encounter in 10th of March, do I need testing for HIV based on the risk I had from protected anal and some unprotected oral and frottage? I'm very sure it was my last sexual encounter, not been sexually active since then.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:49:10 am by joomla_id »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 11:01:45 am »
Joom,

If you're worried about gonorrhea, go test for it.

Regardless of gonorrhea, you do NOT have hiv. You are conclusively hiv negative as you have been previously told.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:32 am »
Sorry for the post I made last time.. I want to ask if I need HIV testing on this situation.

Last week i have one encounter with someone of unknown health status, we did oral and a brief protected anal sex. I don't want to continue as I'm anxious about HIV and it also hurt because we don't use lubricant (there's no lubricant available at that time), for 5 or10 seconds as he try to penetrate me. I feel my anus hurt. So we open the condom and begin penis to penis contact until we both ejaculated. Could HIV transmitted that way?

There's a moment when his penis landed on my anus unprotected, it's not go in but the head touch my rectum for a few seconds. You called it frottage right? Is it possible for HIV to transmit that way?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 07:36:44 am »
joom,

Yes, when his penis briefly touched your anus it could be considered frottage and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Neither is anything else you did. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

I'm glad you stopped the anal intercourse because you had no lube. You need to lube up with plenty of water-based lube, otherwise you risk condom breakage.

Make sure you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms correctly and with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline joomla_id

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 11:55:42 pm »
joom,

Yes, when his penis briefly touched your anus it could be considered frottage and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Neither is anything else you did. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

I'm glad you stopped the anal intercourse because you had no lube. You need to lube up with plenty of water-based lube, otherwise you risk condom breakage.

Make sure you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms correctly and with confidence.

Ann

Before I move on, for the last time I want to ask about frottage. Can frottage transmit other STD's, like HSV, HPV, etc? just need your answer for some educational purpose.

I think I learned my lesson with this experience. Thanks for your respond, and I wish the best for u all the people in this site :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 06:37:43 am »
Joom,

Yes, syphilis and herpes can be transmitted through skin-to-skin contact without penetration. Syphilis and herpes are two of the most easily transmitted STIs.

This is why we recommend that any sexually active adult has a FULL sexual health check-up at least once a year, including but not limited to routine hiv testing.

If you're worried about other STIs, you're going to have to go test for them because it's the only way to know. We've been through this with you before - and we are not going to discuss other STIs in any depth with you. This site focuses on hiv.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv in your latest sexual encounter.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.