Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 349
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: what should i do if i go to Canada and don,t have lodging  (Read 3864 times)

Offline F

• I feel like the butterfly ,ever transforming
what should i do if i go to Canada and don,t have lodging
« on: August 11, 2006, 07:06:51 pm »
Hi
I am new to this site and i am 16 years in the pool, i have never been to an international convention, i have paid for my ticket and i am coming from Brooklyn, NY are their any supportive , concrete suggestions on what i should do. i was thinking about letting the org from NY know about my situation and perhaps i could bunk with someone, please help if you can, I will be on a Sunday train.   At least it is not cold and wintry if i must be abandoned to the streets, which i do not believe would happen. I am female and work as a counselor, just a struggling along. So if anyone with their hearts in the right place want to reach out my hand is here, you never know when your turn can happen.

Sincerely wanting to be a part of this event.  :-*
We have the same last name AIDS,so we are family and i will love you and protectand support your right to be  in this war against us

Offline Lis

Re: what should i do if i go to Canada and don,t have lodging
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:07:32 pm »
Please see the AM Gathering section... I'm SURE that you will be greeted with love.... make your way to the hotel, and introduce yourself
poz 1986....

Offline ademas

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:10:45 pm »
I think the International Conference is in Toronto, right?  I don't know how many members from here are going.

There's a different gathering in Montreal of members from this board.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:11:18 pm »
F,

Since you seem to know about a conference, I'm a little confused as to why you posted here vs the Gathering forum.  I will report it to a moderator and ask this thread be moved.  I suspect you are thinking about the events in Toronto and not the Gathering discussed by this forum which is in Montreal.

Which org in NY are you refering to about your situation?

A Sunday train from NY to Montreal, you wouldn't arrive until quite late, and most of the event would be over by then.....so I find this confusing as well.

Please clarify in order to have people best assist you.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:13:50 pm by Sae »
Meh.

Offline F

• I feel like the butterfly ,ever transforming
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 07:49:40 am »
A deep Thank you  for those that helped, i needed words of encouragement.  Sae, if i had known better i  would have done better, I am new to this forum, but not the disease, so attacking me and threatening to throw my question off the site, It is not a big thing but caring and loving goes a mighty long way , rather than punishing and shaming.
F

Also please don't be confused,because what it is is what it is!!
We have the same last name AIDS,so we are family and i will love you and protectand support your right to be  in this war against us

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 07:59:38 am »
A deep Thank you  for those that helped, i needed words of encouragement.  Sae, if i had known better i  would have done better, I am new to this forum, but not the disease, so attacking me and threatening to throw my question off the site, It is not a big thing but caring and loving goes a mighty long way , rather than punishing and shaming.
F

Also please don't be confused,because what it is is what it is!!

No one was attacking or threatening you...just trying to help. Sae was only seeking clarification,and little less attitude will go a long way. Are you talking Toronto or Montreal?

Offline Nadine

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 08:17:16 am »
As stated, no one was attacking you or threatening to throw your question off the site, maybe just getting it moved to the gatherings forum.

If you stick around here, you will see that everyone is treated with kindness.

Have a beautiful day!

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 08:50:27 am »
Wow F....

As others clarified......I said MOVED to the correct forum not kicked off the site.  My goodness.

If this post was in the gatherings section, you would likely get more help is what I meant.

When I said you seem to know about the Gathering, what I thought was that you knew about the Montreal Gathering and posted in Off Topic....what is now more obvious is that you likely meant the Toronto Conference and hence why you posted here without being aware of the Montreal Gathering or the Gathering forum whatsoever.

I'm relieved you found the Living with Forum, hopefully you've located the Gatherings Forum as well.

Sae

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:55:38 am by Sae »
Meh.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.