Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:54:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 442
Total: 444

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Scared and worried  (Read 4227 times)

Offline +/-

Scared and worried
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:22:23 am »
For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling that my muscles have gone weak and had 2 occasions when I woke up in the morning with my whole body shivering.

I have been on treatment for almost 3 months now, on Combivir and Sustiva. Have read that muscle pain and chills could be related to side effects of Combivir. Could it be or perhaps it's a fact that I am being anxious and worrying a lot?

Anyone else ever had any of these symptoms? Will living with this disease ever get any better like many of you state, coz for me it just ain't happening and I am really scared and worried that I will not gonna make it.

I have been examined by my ID doctor and explained the symptoms mentioned above however he told me that there's nothing alarming.

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Offline Ac75088

Re: Scared and worried
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:36:49 am »
Hello there, so sorry you are having to deal with that kind of discomfort..I'm not familiar with the Combo that u are on, but I do know that stress and anxiety can totally wear you down..I speak from experience with that..I know you probably don't feel like it at all with the muscle aches, but are you exercising or staying active? I can tell you that actually helped me get my mind off of a lot that I once was worried about and I felt awesome afterwards...Were you recently infected? Are your meds having an improvement on your lab numbers?

Offline +/-

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:02 am »
Thanks for your reply AC ... recently I haven t been exercising that much except for some sit ups and push ups I do at home. But the strange thing is that the muscle pain and chills happen to come in the morning as soon as I wake up.

I was DX in February and do not know for how long I have been infected. CD4 at that time was 251 so I started treatment a month after. My next blood test will be in August, hopefully I ll see a slight increase in my CD4 cells and a decrease in my VL which in February was 29,000.

Offline Ac75088

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:53:11 am »
It very well could be the combo on you are on...if it's really bothersome still after 3 months maybe you should consider a switch

Offline +/-

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:17:30 am »
So sad to see that only a person answered me  :( ... Does this mean that other never experienced similar symptoms to what I have enquired about?

I really would like to have some answers and desperate for some help from all of you.

Thanks again!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:39:02 am »
I didn't answer because I have no experience in what you are describing. 
I hope you can get a doctor to give a thorough explanation or at least plausible causes, because it is upsetting you.
Most people do finally find a combo for HAART that gives them very little, if any, trouble, and that for many years.  So I thing it might be time to take some of your own power into the treatment offices and get a doctor who is committed to returning you to a quality of life.   What do you think about that?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.