Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:25:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 180
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: changed from kaletra to norvir reyataz kept truvada?????  (Read 3923 times)

Offline uk lady

changed from kaletra to norvir reyataz kept truvada?????
« on: December 16, 2008, 05:06:30 am »
Hi all i posted on here couple fo wks ago saying i was having trouble with kaletra losing weight & wasnt to happy about it i had only been on it about 10 months ish, changed from sustiva & kept the truvada. after seeing the doc he changed me as he said if i feel uncomfortable then its down to me which i am very greatful for as other doctors i have seen in the past havnt been so keen to change me. reason for change in first place from sustiva was me & partner are trying for a baby. my results are great still undetectable & cd4 500 34% dont know what the % means tho! my cholestral came bk tho as 6.7 which is very high for me as its always been 3 so doc said maybe thats the kaletra so change of meds maybe good thing all round & guessing it is kaletra as my diet is pretty good. i am due to start these new tabs today so wondering if anyone has an info on what i could expect form them, sickness maybe or anything else? i had a bit of sickness on the kaletra but it went after about a week or 2. im just wondering what time to take these tabs doc said i can take them all at once if i wish. its a friends bday today & he will be rnd all day & wont leave til evening now my usual meds time if before bed but am worrying a bit as not keen on taking them & going to sleep & getting woke up by side effects but also dont want to take them while friend is here just incase i feel rough in any way how fussy do i sound! any info at all about this combo would be great. also i am on omeprazole an anti acid tab & i have read that you cant take anti acid tabs with this combo is this right? & does this mean any anti acid tabs? i have been on these for a while now as i suffer bad with it so dont know what to do about that either! anyway heopfully il get a few replies to this & i can decide form ther thanks guys

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: changed from kaletra to norvir reyataz kept truvada?????
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:40:21 am »
My friend, it would be easier to respond to your questions if you used standard punctuation.

There are quite a few threads on this combo in these forums.

I am on it for a few weeks. Switched off Sustiva because, I think, though ID not sure, Sustiva was driving me insane.  On Reyataz, I have slight skin/eye yellowing, and itchy skin - small, patchy rash. Emotionally feel better, however. Haven't noticed other effects but its new.  I take it with food and have no immediate side effects, though others have reported horrific mishaps.  I took sustiva once during the day, and had a mild druggy trip.

Best of luck.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 06:18:46 pm »
Hey hello lady in the uk

It is likely you will find your new combo much easier than the kaletra

On the omeprazole, it is important to take this 12 hours apart from the Reyataz, and use no more than 20mg, other than that it should be okay

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:01:00 pm »
Regarding the omeaprazole, if you continue to take it or any other PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor), please be very careful regarding timing.

Reyataz requires stomach acid for proper absorbsion.

I was told I could take other types of antacids such as Pepcid (Famotidine), or antacids such as Rolaids, but not PPIs such as omeaprazole, which is the generic form of Prilosec, or other PPIs such as Nexium or Protonix.

I wound up switching my PI from Reyataz to Lexiva because of this.

If you continue to take Reyataz and omeaprazole, you might want to ask your doctor to monitor you closely.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline uk lady

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 05:36:47 am »
Hey guys thanks for your replies, & thanks matt & mark on the info on the omeprazole. i rang my doc yesterday & told him about me being on omeprazole, he said take it in the morn which i do anyway & take my meds at night so thats perfect as its exactly what i had planned. so i took my first dose of new meds last night, & i waited & kept my eye on the clock. this went on for an hr or so & finally went to bed 2 hrs after & nothing at all im not exactly sure what i was expecting & its not like i havnt taken meds before but i guess maybe i was a bit cautious of taking them & then going straight to sleep i dont know!!!  anyway all is good in fact i slept straight through like a baby & didnt even hear my partner go to work i was out for the count so all is good so far. i am hopeing so much that the weight i have lost isnt going to get any worse, well doc did say this combo is better on fats than kaletra so fingers crossed. heres to hoping now that i dont turn bright yellow! doc did say that could happen but it usually goes away after a bit, anyone had any experience of this? thanks again guys really appreciate your imput. 

take care tracey.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 06:42:31 am »
Hi Tracey,

It's rare to hear of someone turning "bright yellow" from the Reyataz. Some people do experience a slight yellowing of the eyes, but most report that no-one else noticed, only themselves. Good luck with the combo - this is the one I hope to use when I finally need meds.

Regarding the acid stomach, have you ever been checked for H. pylori?  My ex-partner's mother was being treated for acid stomach and it was interfering with something else she was taking. They finally tested her for H. pylori and she was positive for it. She did the treatment and to this day has no more problems with acid. It's worth checking out, so ask your doctor about being tested.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline uk lady

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 09:51:16 am »
Hey Ann thanks for that, i dont mind so much about the yellow not tahts its happened yet maybe it wont anyway. I have been checked for H pylori & was negative that was about a year ago maybe. Doc has just left me on omeprazole they work a treat but hoping now it will be with these new meds. i am so greatful for my doc changing me i hope this combo is easier on the fat loss. thanks for your info ann x

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.