Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:46:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 682
Total: 684

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Problems with dairy  (Read 3820 times)

Offline LES Jake

Problems with dairy
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:06:26 am »
Recently found out that every time I put dairy into my body, my body tells me it ain't a good thing. Anybody else going thru this same shit (no pun intended, okay, maybe a pun intended). I use an over-the-counter medicine, but still when ever I put any amount of dairy in my body, my stomach starts to churn. I really do try to stay away from it, but it's difficult. Am getting used to it. Giving up milk chocolate sucks. Ice cream I can deal with, but chocolate is a bummer. Any help would be great. Thanks so much. Also want to report that I'm undetectable for 4 to 5 months now and that's a first. My tcells also went from 155 to 245. Recently switched to TMZ-125 and Merck's integrase inhibitor and Prevista/norvir.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: Problems with dairy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:53:43 pm »
I can't tolerate milk anymore either.  I'm don't know if it was HIV or the meds that did it, or maybe just part of getting old.
The funny thing is I can eat cheese and even ice cream and it doesn't bother me, but if I drink milk, especially warm whole milk, my stomach turns upside down and I just feel sick for hours.   Gas, nausea and eventually the running to the bathroom.

Rich
(who now only drinks his coffee black)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline jjmcm

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 03:36:10 pm »
Like Rich, I don't have a problem with cheese or ice cream.  However, I switched to soy milk for my cereal and drinking with cookies because of digestive side effects.

Les have you noticed a change in your ability to handle dairy since going on your new regimen or was it a problem before then? 

Glad to hear you are doing well on your new meds.  There are a lot of us on Fuzeon that are waiting to hear the results from this combination to gauge whether we can also make the switch.

Are you on any nukes in addition to the TMC-125, Raltegravir, and Prezista/Norvir?  Keep us apprised of your progress.

--JJ

Offline LES Jake

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:20:30 pm »
JJ:

Fuzeon, I was thinking about that drug on my way to work this morning. I couldn't take the injection sights, god bless you for staying with that regimen. That is the reason I pushed my great doc to put me on the Merck integrase inhibitor along with TMZ 125. Oh yeah, I also take Truvada. Doing well, feeling good. Taking it one day at  a time. The dairy thing really is a nuisance. Trying to control my digestive system.

Offline PJC0510

• Life is worth living, so live it while you have it
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 04:25:30 pm »
I cannot do Dairy either, not sure why, could be the meds, could be lactose intolerant, could be my love of cows, who knows.

It is just another thing I have to give up, but thank God for Soy!
I may never beat HIV, but then again, it will NEVER beat me!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:13:52 pm »
I just saw this old thread.  I feel your pain...and bloating, itching, gas, etc.  My dresser currently has three different boxes of Lactaid on it...some 200 doses.  Bought the Big Mama box of it from Costco.  Those little pills add up.  I cannot give up the dairy, though.  I just can't.  Life just wouldn't be "life" without my dairy foods.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline LES Jake

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:09:33 pm »
Right now I'm doing Lactaid before and a gas/diarrhea pill after. For dairy, I still just  stay away from it if at all possible. It's too hard on my stomach. But  damn, I love ice cream.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.