Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:57:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What's your disclosure rule for summer pickups?  (Read 15408 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: What's your disclosure rule for summer pickups?
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »

I kind of doubt that I find "European names" exotic.  But whatever.
Then what the fuck is the source of your cunty crack about the vienna opera and park pickups and me being pretentious, since I can't think of a damn pretentious thing I said in this thread or elsewhere.

And if I talk about comparisons between Switzerland and Europe, or Europe and America, in threads where it comes up, such as here, it is to share the experience in this forum which is meant to be GLOBAL.  Don't forget I am American and still vote, even if I have other citizenships.

Hotpuppy got all concerned about the legal aspects of public cruising and I posted about the situation here.

Rev.Moon - you don't have anything nice to say to me - nasty and sometimes funny cracks and shade. You showed rude and mean ignorance about the possibility that I am authentic and genuine about personal challenges I might choose to share on these forums.  I EVEN STATED SO.  Which you meanly and purposefully ignored to throw stupid shade.

I am turning a fan on.  Your shit storms will automatically be returned in your faces.

Post all the lists of life experiences you want, its not a fucking competition. 

My life is my life and If I give details about my life its not with the intent to make anyone else feel bad or take offense. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 12:17:07 pm »

Everytime I see you guys post something about parks it reminds me of an experience I had as a kid.  My sister, who is 13 years older than me, and I use to always take the 163rd st bus to Haulover Beach.  We'd stay there all day.  She would hang out with her stoner friends and I would swim in the water pretty much unsupervised with other stoners' siblings or kids.

Anyone who's been to Haulover knows they have these huge seagrape trees that look similar to huge topiaries with the center hallowed out.  A lot of couples used the natural concealment to do their thang.

This one particular day a kid and I were playing on the beach and he told me his dad was getting busy in the bushes with some woman.  He asked if I wanted to go watch and, of course, I did.  We got over there hiding behind a little rise in the sand, watching his dad plow this chick in the buck position (my favorite ).  After a minute or two, being the devil I am, I yelled, "Hey daddy can I get some?!".  It is surprising how fast a guy can get up off a woman to give chase of two 7 year olds', it's shocking actually.

Yep.... and the woman was my damn sister, fucking stoned out of her mind on something - she preceded to kick my ass for the convenient interruption.  She must have been right there, because I later learned as an adult never to cut a woman off as she's about to cum.... they'll slice your throat, or in my sister's case, the diamond from the ring they are wearing will get stuck in your arm.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:21 pm »
Trying to dress up taking one in the pooper is like putting lipstick on a pig.
lmao...thats quite a visual  ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:32:08 pm by max123 »
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Offline hotpuppy

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:27 pm »
I hate condoms too. But the reality is - if you're hiv negative and want to stay that way, use them. What's worse - using a condom for less than fifteen minutes or being hiv positive for the rest of your life? Tough shit. Don't want to hear you whine.

Absolutely correct, condoms prevent the spread of STD's including HIV.  They are an excellent risk management tool.

I wasn't aware that someone in "living with HIV" was negative... did I miss a post again?

Thanks for the input.  Some does not apply:

1) All too nightmarishly true in the USA but not in Switzerland.  Cruising in the parks at night is completely tolerated and there are never arrests.

2) Transmission is a crime only with non-disclosure AND intent to transmit in Switzerland.  Also the only way it would happened through safesex is some bizarre accident which could just as likely happen in love, in bed.

Didn't realize you were in Switzerland.  I look at the tags under your handle on the left side of your posts.  Some people put their location, but many don't.  I rarely browse user profiles.

Sounds like the Swiss have some intelligent and reasonable laws.  Maybe they could export a few next time with some chocolates, watches, knives, and bank accounts.  :)    Reasonable and intelligent laws are one of the things I regularly admire about Europe.

Wait... what?  Barebacking at the bath house is OK because 50% of the guys are poz anyway?  I missed that memo.

No, barebacking is okay anytime two adults decide to do so.  Provided that appropriate disclosure is made, and no coercion exists.  My personal preferance is that serosorting be practiced, but realistically it's up to the individuals involved.  I'm not condoning intentional transmission in any way.

I think pretending that barebacking never occurs is naive and disingenuous.  The fact that it is rather common and it is intellectual honesty to admit that we aren't all victims to HIV.  Sure a few are.... but most of us engaged in risky behavior. 

Thinking that now that we are poz we will mend our ways and not engage in risky behavior is equally foolish.  The type of anonymous behavior that typically occurs in parks in the US is rampant with unsafe sex.

I dont get the logic of input number 3. Duh when its cold nobody cruises.....  Disclosure to tricks of fuckbuddies or boyfriends LEADING to gossip is not my concern. Its the disclosure itself. I've already told all my friends and they are all gossips and I don't attempt to control that info at all.
 Yes, you missed it entirely.  Don't tell so many lies.  It's hard to keep track of them and it can bite you in the ass.  Hopefully that breaks it down a little more for you.  

Yes, allowing an incorrect assumption is the same as telling a lie.  It's a passive lie.  The lie is that if the other guy thinks I'm neg he will have sex with me, but not if he knows I'm poz, regardless of us using condoms.

Face it meech, you're just addicted to seedy outdoors sex.  Hard to dress that one up with the usual pretense, eh? Doing it in a fancy European park in Vienna after the opera is no different than some dank, urine infused truck stop outside of Montgomery, Alabama.

I beg to differ.  In the sleazy place they will smile and say hi outside after you are done.  In the snobby ones they will pretend they have never seen you in their life.  I prefer the pigs in the mud to the angels in hiding.

You all call me pretentious and I am anything but.  

Not at all darling... and pigs never smell either.  

One point here... you asked for our opinions..... you got them, and now you want to argue with us about our opinions.  Just because we have a different opinion then the one you wanted doesn't mean you or us are right.

Trying to dress up taking one in the pooper is like putting lipstick on a pig.

The reality is that we are all pigs in some way shape or form.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:49:42 pm by hotpuppy »
Don't obsess over the wrong things.  Life isn't about your numbers, it isn't about this forum, it isn't about someone's opinion.  It's about getting out there and enjoying it.   I am a person with HIV - not the other way around.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 03:20:31 pm »
One point here... you asked for our opinions..... you got them, and now you want to argue with us about our opinions.  Just because we have a different opinion then the one you wanted doesn't mean you or us are right.

The reality is that we are all pigs in some way shape or form.

Hey Puppy I couldn't agree with you more! Read the thread, dear. I don't have an issue with people expressing their opinions about public cruising and disclosure. 

I was referring to personal insults that were off topic.

And for what those insults are worth - they are illogical. In fact if I ever find myself with a man in black tie who's cruising the Rathausplatz after a night at the Vienna Opera, I'd think he was a hoot, and right up my alley, and not pretentious at all to have combined the two. In fact, the opposite!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.