Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:20:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Puppy is dumb as a stump  (Read 5840 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Puppy is dumb as a stump
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:11:29 pm »
ok.. so i was walking puppy to the mailbox to pick up the bills, mail and my lexapro... she just got a new collar because the last one was a bit tight on her and she didn't like it.  She doesn't wear a collar inside.. only when we walk out with a leash... anyways.. after picking up the mail, we were walking back to the apartment and she got distracted by things that distract puppies.   which is like everything.

Anyways, i should mention at this point that the sidewalk we were walking on is where everyone parks.. anyways, as we were walking and puppy was distracted, she BAM!  walked right into a hitch on a pickup... SMACK BAM BOOM!

iT really looked like it hurt, but she just shrugged it off.

Ok... maybe you had to be there, but it was the funniest thing that happened to me today...er.. well.... that happened to her. :P

Maybe she's been nipping into my wine again ?!?

Offline Teresa

Re: Puppy is dumb as a stump
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 10:28:48 pm »
Poor puppy London. I have a white german Shepherd and shes blind. She usually does pretty good about not running into the trees but one day i was walking out in the yard and she ran right smack dab into a tree nose first. She yelped and i ran to see if her nose was bleeding. Thank heavens it wasnt. While i was trying to see if there was any blood i bet she sneezed 15 times in a row...i had doggy slobber all over me.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 10:54:17 pm »
BLOND LEADING THE BLOND?

HE  ;D HE  ;D HE  ;D

RAB

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 11:16:42 pm »
The only thing worse than a dumb dog, is a smart one.  Like one so smart he figures out how to open gates and let the other dogs out, like one so smart he's mastered the art of distraction so he can run in and eat your food off the counter while you address whatever he did (he did this fine trick even to the BREEDER, who has 6 dogs and should have seen it coming), a dog so smart that you can see him thinking and you know its time to worry.  A dog that the breeder calls and says I hate smart dogs and at first you think that's cute, and then you realize not-so-much.

A dog so smart the puppy school instructors, the level 1 instructor and the level 2 instructor feel sorry for you because they know....they just KNOW you are in for it with that one.

I love dumb dogs.  dogs you feed and love, not dogs that can count to 5;  thats two pairs of socks and one pair of underwear, thank you very much.

Dumb dogs drool, which is ok, and smart dogs rule.

Sae
(who can't find her socks but is happy that they go missing in pairs)
Meh.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 11:18:53 pm »
Too funny!  My Circuit is also almost blind.  Cataracts is getting the best of him.  Saturday I had asked him if he wanted a cookie.  Normally he gets all excited and comes running over to me in the kitchen where I keep his cookie jar and stands there looking up at me until I give him his treat.  I had been vacuming earlier that day and left it out by the entrance to the kitchen.  Anyways, when I turned around to give him his cookie I found him sitting at the base of the vacuum, looking up and wagging and just wagging his tail.  I must have laughed for a good hour.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 01:16:17 am »
OOOoooooooooohhhhhDennis!   You're gonna burn for laughing at the blind puppy. Poor thing.

..........but that was pretty funny. ::)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 12:58:36 pm »
So I take it his name is not Einstein.  (Teehee)  Just make sure you don't bump into truck too.
We don't want our Dingo walking around with "black" eyes and a blue nose..Do we?
Or is it too late?  Oh no............... ::)

Rab.......Blond leading the blond.  You're shameless! :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 01:15:27 pm »
I'd submit that London is not dumb, merely curious.  Now if he keeps running into the same things without being distracted, then you might not have the sharpest tool in the shed.  Puppies are little sponges, absorbing their environment and they look to the Alpha male (ironically that would be you) to help guide them, so "Why the hell did you let the little guy, slam into something?"  Bad Bailey. LOL

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 02:37:36 pm »
She doesn't even come when you call her, Bailey.
Not really all that surprised.   ;D

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 10:55:16 am »
hmmmm just playin'
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 08:48:23 am »

Perhaps puppy london may need one of these, to protect her little puppy head.   :)

http://www.pamperedpuppy.com/puppytrends/archives/2006/02/dog_motorcycle_1.php

http://www.zoomergear.com/

Ray
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:49:54 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:54 am »
Ha ha Sae,

Boomer (my dog), when he gets bored, will pull my socks out and chew a hole in one, then put them back (I swear).

Offline GregoryScott611

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 12:08:43 pm »
That's cute.  Puppies can be quite curious.  My brother was walking his english bulldog and was re-entering his building up a stair well.  The landscaper had the bushes trimmed level with the top of the stairs so for a little (well not so little) doggy without experience and perception, it appeared to the dog that the stairs continued outward toward the street, so under the railing he went on to the bush, and all my brother could see was his hind end and stumpy little tail sticking back up through the bush, the rest of him stuck facing head down through the bushes.  I guess they too learn from their mistakes.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.