Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:08:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 221
Total: 225

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Never get drunk and go home with someone -somethings are too risky to try once  (Read 6336 times)

Offline tinberlake

:'( I was devastated when I heard my 2nd verdict two days ago, but after talking to a Poz friend and reading through this forum I felt much better.
Here it is the lesson of mine-
I am gay, 28, studying abroad in an European country and I have always been careful. I did not use condom with my ex-bf; Except that, I always use but 2011 I had one time drunk situation and I had a swift anal contact with a guy in Bangbok (like 3min he got in me but he did not cum and we stopped immediately) and I regretted so much coz I was aware of it and couldn't sleep well. In three month later,  I tested negative and I swore not to do that again.
But I think the fate did not give me a 2nd chance.
Last month either Aug 16 or Aug 17, I was bit upset with the fact the guy I fell for started to get back together with his ex, both of whom I ran into them in the bar. I already had alcohol at a friend's B-day and there I got some other drinks. In order to show I could also get someone, I started to get intimate with a guy. I even forgot how I started to talk to him. Then he went home with me. I only remembered I asked him to put on condom and I remembered that we did put on, but in the morning he inserted for VERY short while and I said : hey what u doing?  u've put on a condom?" he said no. I said are you crazy, and he put on one and he cum in that condom, intact.
He gave me his contact of whatssup. I texted him next few days and I told him I was slightly worried. He said don't worry we used condom all the time.
On Sep 31, to catch a deadline I had two coffee and two energy drinks, so I did not sleep well. The next day I got bit fever which I did not care much and I had medicine. It was gone in about 3 days.  but on 2nd of Sep I started to develop sore throat and ulcer in the mouth and one near the throat nothing I had before, I got bit anxious so I went to a doctor she prescribe some mouth rinse water. I also texted the guy I slept with and I questioned him. He started to say we did not put on condom at the very beginning!! god!! Why he did not tell me right after!!!!!!! I was furious. but he said he got tested in Apri and he was neg.
on 4th morning I found a piece of gum was like damaged by bacteria and I had some gum bleeding, I knew things were wrong this time. I went to the Disease Control, Usually they need appointment but they did that for me the same time coz I told them I was very anxious. The quick test was negative and they sent my blood sample to the hospital for another test.
This Tues morning Sep 17th, I got an email saying: you have been detected STD, please make an appointment for treatment. I went there on Friday (20th), the nurse gave me pills she said they detected chondrisome, and I swallowed a pill. Then the scary part began:  the blood sample at the hospital made them bit doubtful, and they asked if I want another quick test.
I did and that was the longest 20 min and it was the darkness I was waiting for. I was tested Positive. From neg to poz, the twist of fate pounded me, harshly. I could not hear any sound after she told me this.  I went through the most shocked 1 hr in my life. I don't want bother you guys with the fear, uncertainty and guilty to my family I had. I think I can't never enjoy life as I planned and I can never tell my parents, they will crumble.  This is what happened to me. Don't get drunk and then go home having sex coz the risk is just one time.
I am lucky my friend and my partner have been with me for the past two days. I spoke with a best Poz friend back home and his upbeat atittute made me feel better. I am going tmr on Monday (23rd)to the hospital to meet the doctor for treatment and I don't know what is waiting for me. 

Can someone help me: If I am asked to take retro therapy shall i accept? coz I will go back home country in the future and at home our medicine must be different from here. at this Stage, can I still totally get ride of it? or I am too naive to even think of it.
much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:00:05 pm by tinberlake »

Offline YellowFever

Calm down. You need to wait for your Western Blot to confirm that you are indeed HIV+. Quick tests alone aren't good. Take a look at this forum thread:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=49747.0

BUT in the event that you do confirm as HIV+, I doubt you will be asked to take retrovirals immediately. You probably still have a healthy immune system and a few years to go before you absolutely need to take meds.
08/2010 HIV- 08/2012 HIV+
10/2012 CD4 415
04/2013 CD4 457
10/2013 CD4 520 VL 650
02/2014 CD4 410 VL 390
08/2014 CD4 580
01/2015 CD4 500 VL UD
05/2015 CD4 420 VL 2500
08/2015 CD4 460 VL UD
03/2016 CD4 500 VL UD
08/2016 CD4 410 VL 4467

Offline tinberlake

Thanks Yellowfever for your reply,
Today I only made an appointment. There is HIV 1 and 2, I heard there are even more scary breed? is that true? pls who can tell me

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Thanks Yellowfever for your reply,
Today I only made an appointment. There is HIV 1 and 2, I heard there are even more scary breed? is that true? pls who can tell me

I beg you not to put to many carts in front of the horse.

HIV-2 is primarily found in sub-Sahara areas of the world, and is not widespread. It also responds well to the same treatment as HIV-1.

There are no scary breeds.

There might be some that are resistant to one or more class of drugs. IF you trst positive you will get a resistance test. If you are resistant, there are still a huge number (and growing)  of treatment options.

IF you are positive, and you live in a place in the world without subsidized healthcare, then insurance, affordability of medications might be an issue. But we work around that ALL THE TIME here. It might be suggested that you get on meds. It might not. Some start right away, some do not.

PLEASE do not scare yourself silly by reading old and outdated information. Living with HIV is not at ALL the same as it was ten, fifteen years ago. Hell, now we have no fewer than THREE one pill a day regimen. And many if not most people today do not have lingering side effects when starting these new, reforumlated treatments.

Your worst enemy here is the stigma associated with HIV. And right now I am not focusing on the stigma you see from others. It's what YOU feel about the virus, and yourself. Overcome that, and your battle is made way way easier.

HIV is not the boogeyman it once was. For most of the newly diagnosed, it is a battle of the mind more than the body.

Also, wait for your follow up bloodwork. And feel free to read the LESSONS section of this site. Sure, the learning curve might be steep, but it's a great way to ride out a panic attack :)

As a 28 year old gay man with access to the internet, you need to strip yourself of your naivetee and ignorance about HIV as soon as you can. This site is a terrific way to do that.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline tinberlake

jkinatl2, thanks so much for your reply. It sounds so encouraging. I am currently in Holland and I just sorted out my insurance omg it was a big headache for me coz I am an international student. They doctor initially wanted me to get into a clinic trial but it would be good coz I need to go to the study center very often. Now I have my insurance in place so I have option to just use normal med.
Still waiting for my blood test result...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.