Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 734
Total: 735

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anal Warts advice  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Pepperino

• Tune Up.
Anal Warts advice
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:17:08 am »
So, after postponing my surgery a couple times, I have now decided to deal with my anal warts (internal and external) and get rid of them.

Just went to the hospital, checked everything and I'm having my surgery tomorrow morning. The procedure will be done with general anesthesia and I will remain in the hospital for 1 night.

My proctologist said I might need a 2nd surgery soon as the warts are quite spread. However, the final decision will be made tomorrow when I'm in the operating room.

I just wanted to ask for general tips regarding which foods to eat in the following days, which pain meds are best, general care advice, when to have sex again, when do sports again, etc.

Thanks for your comments and I will be writing how it went once I'm back home :)
This is me:
06.2014 - CD4+   603/44% & VL 2,8millon
07.2014 - CD4+ 1146/47% & VL 238
09.2014 - CD4+ 1182/43% & VL 412
10.2014 - CD4+   907/ --% & VL  70
11.2014 - CD4+ 1306/50% & VL UD!
03.2015 - CD4+   942/35% & VL UD!
05.0215 - CD4+ 1534/42% & VL UD!
08.2015 - CD4+   963/43% & VL UD!
10.2015 - CD4+ 1867/47% & VL UD!
04.2016 - CD4+   814/45% & VL UD!
07.2016 - CD4+ 1178/46% & VL UD!
01.2017  -CD4+  988/32% & VL UD!
04.2017 - CD4+  956/35% & VL UD!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Anal Warts advice
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »
Good for you!

I just wanted to ask for general tips regarding which foods to eat in the following days, which pain meds are best, general care advice, when to have sex again, when do sports again, etc.

I didnt need anything special for pain. Maybe the first day. However, my first dump, that was intense white hot searing pain. I could only laugh. The pain of that lasted as long as the bowel movement, luckily. Shall never be forgotten.

When to do sex again.  When you feel fit. 

When to do sports again. I was on my bike the day after, as it was my means of transport.  What sports are you concerned about?

Food - see first poop, above.  I suppose it would be a good idea to each things that move through fast enough because you really dont want to get constipated. That said, I think the trauma alone just makes your body keep it in so there may be no way to avoid a solid stool.  Perhaps your doc has a recommendation here.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:10 am »
Good luck, my experience was that I was very ouchy.

I found that a lignocaine/ local anaesthetic gel and using amyl nitrate dureing toilet time helped.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery

Offline MrPOZ

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:09 pm »
Change your diet to a high fiber one. I decided to start taking daily fiber pills to make sure my stools were soft.

Sits baths (or is it Sitz?) are heaven. Make sure to get one and use it after each bowel movement.

As far as sex... I changed from vers to top as a result of the operation. Sex, especially with the well endowed, came with some pain. I'm sure it's psychosomatic but it seems real to me...

Good luck. 
Diagnosed 1/17/2014 VL 157K CD4 200
Start Stribild 2/7/2014
3/23/14   VL  95 CD4 323
4/28/14   VL<48 CD4 300
8/6/14              CD4 413
12/2/14            CD4 494
3/11/15            CD4 355
7/2/15              CD4 366
10/29/15          CD4 406

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »
Hey P,

Once again, I can only share my personal experiences,...

I only had the external warts.  I believe I had the surgery done on a Friday.  I returned to work on a Sunday night.  Honestly,  I wish I had taken at least 4 days off.

There was some bleeding, and a lot of discomfort, throughout those 4 to 5 days after surgery, which is why I doubled up on the underwear, and made sure I had sterile gauze strategically placed in the underwear to prevent seepage of any blood throughout the underwear and the  pants i was wearing. ( and thankfully, that didn't occur)

I had several clusters of external warts removed. I had nothing internally.

Besides the sit baths, get some moist wipes, to help after a bowel movement.  Those came in very handy. Also, stool softeners, for a few days to at least one week, after surgery.

Once the healing starts, it progresses each day very quickly !

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.