Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:31:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am doing fine...  (Read 3878 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
I am doing fine...
« on: May 26, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »
I might have carpel tunnel syndrome or it might be the meds so I call and make an appointment Tuesday to see the neurologist. If it is carpel tunnel I am going to have surgery.
 The reason why my doctor thinks it is carpel tunnel is because my hands have been going numb and I have had pain in my wrists. I think the pain is from all the typing I do for school and also for online chatting. It could also be from my hand applique and quilting.
But other than all that my husband is taking me out to a movie for my birthday today. I am 36, so now I am 14 years younger than my husband.
He ordered some applique supplies for my birthday gifts. I am so excited, but I will not get them until around the time I start school for the summer. So it will most likely mean I won't get any real practice at applique until almost fall.
Also my husband's cd4 count has gone up from 350 to 419 since he started taking his new medication. He is in such a good mood lately.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: I am doing fine...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 06:06:34 pm »
Carpel Tunnel is easily fixed so no need to worry about that.

Have a great birthday but damn, that makes me 29 years older than you.. ;)

It good to hear that you are your husband are in a good place now so stay there Ok!!!.

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »
Carpel Tunnel is easily fixed so no need to worry about that.

Have a great birthday but damn, that makes me 29 years older than you.. ;)

It good to hear that you are your husband are in a good place now so stay there Ok!!!.

Aroha
Jan

Thank you. My birthday was good, we ate out twice yesterday and went to a movie. We saw the new Star Trek in Imax 3D and it was good. Everything looked like it was coming toward us and it was action all through the whole movie.
Now I am just waiting for my gifts to come in the mail.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:54:04 pm »
I love it when my husband gifts me with supplies for creating. He's bound to get something in return! Sounds like all is going well for the both of you. Do you get and pain relief when you lay off typing for a day or two?

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 11:54:14 pm »
Glad to hear you had a good birthday and things are good with you and your hubby, besides the carpel tunnel issue.

All the best,

Ted

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:14 pm »
I love it when my husband gifts me with supplies for creating. He's bound to get something in return! Sounds like all is going well for the both of you. Do you get and pain relief when you lay off typing for a day or two?

I do get relief at times. It is at night when I am trying to sleep that I wake up with my hands or hand completely numb. Mostly my left hand.

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »
Glad to hear you had a good birthday and things are good with you and your hubby, besides the carpel tunnel issue.

All the best,

Ted

We had a good time at the movies. We saw Star Trek In Imax 3D. It was cool, everything appeared to be coming right at us. It was better than regular 3D.

Offline maxsa

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 11:27:41 pm »
I just saw the movie last week, its so great :-* I 'm from China, a 20-year-old guy, Now I feel like my life is over, cause there's serious discrimination in China, I guess I can hardly get a joob, doctors here is stupid, they even dont know the side effetc of each med. IM so desperate now >:( you know, In East Asia, IF someone was infected with HIV, it means he is a monster, And everyone will stay away from this one.
I need help

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
I just saw the movie last week, its so great :-* I 'm from China, a 20-year-old guy, Now I feel like my life is over, cause there's serious discrimination in China, I guess I can hardly get a joob, doctors here is stupid, they even dont know the side effetc of each med. IM so desperate now >:( you know, In East Asia, IF someone was infected with HIV, it means he is a monster, And everyone will stay away from this one.

I know what you mean. All but one of my friends left me when I told them I was positive. I guess I am lucky to have the health care I have. My doctor is awesome and he really likes his job. But people here in the United States can discriminate the same way. I do not tell people my status. My husband is also positive, we met online.
When I moved to the state I live in now, I went to the doctor and they gave my name to the department of health. The department of health wanted to know about me and I guess make sure I was not spreading this virus around. Other than the department of health and doctors and family, no one knows what I have.
This Sunday is Father's Day and I am going to take my Husband to the movies to see the new Superman Movie. We are also going to see it in Imax 3D.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.