Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:41:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 590
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 583
Total: 583

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First time meeting a forum member  (Read 8519 times)

Offline allanq

First time meeting a forum member
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:50:08 pm »
Woods (woodshere) is visiting San Francisco. He's from Louisville, KY. (He couldn't make it to the AMG in September.)

I met him yesterday in front of the Castro Theater, and we had a perfectly wonderful day together. This was the first time I had met a member of this forum, and it made me even more excited about the upcoming AMG.

Meeting Woods made me realize how different it is to meet someone in person vs. just knowing them from these forums. You may think you have a good idea of what a person is all about from their posts here, but posts on this forum really give only a tiny glimpse of a person. After talking to Woods for an hour or so, I started getting the feeling that I had known him for a very long time.

We traipsed all over town, up and down hills, took a drive to Twin Peaks (highest point in San Francisco) and finished up having a latte (for me) and root beer (for Woods) in a little cafe off Castro Street called Spikes.

When I got home to Oakland, I was completely exhausted. But it was the good kind of exhaustion.

Allan

Offline puertorico2006

Re: First time meeting a forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:52:40 pm »
im looking foward to AMG to meet everyone in person
 ;D ;D ;D
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:13:21 pm »
hey allan
im glad you are having a good time with woods, it's such fun to finally meet up isnt it?

ive had the pleasure so far of meeting (in order of meeting):
cjc
sweetasmeli
manchesteruk
dragonette
tigger2376
as you may have guessed from their participation on these forums, they are all HORRIBLE and we all HATED each other and didnt get on at all  ;) ;D
i also know richleeds who is a infrequent contributor to the LTS forum (i introduced him) who is also super lovely and hopefully he will get to meet melia and manchester when they come up to leeds in a few weeks time

it is so nice to meet people from these forums, like you mentioned ive also found it a bit odd in that you very quickly feel like youve known them for ages. fab isnt it?!

i am soooo looking forward to meeting more of you at AMG

love to all
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Javicho

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »
Allan, I agree when I met Catman and Jeromy here in Dc it was wonderful, like you say sometimes people can sound different than the way they are, we really have a good time with Catman and his partner.

J

Offline Iggy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:55 pm »
I've only met one person from this board face to face

But I have met others from other boards I have been on and honestly they are almost always as I thought they would be in person.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 04:23:19 pm »
The GFs and I in the Hen Party thread have been discussing a meeting of late.  There are about 7 of us that are close by, all within 300 miles for the most part.  Now, if it weren't for Queen's "high" demands regarding the weather and freezing her ass off, we might meet soon!   :D

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 04:24:27 pm »
The GFs and I in the Hen Party thread have been discussing a meeting of late.  There are about 7 of us that are close by, all within 300 miles for the most part.  Now, if it weren't for Queen's "high" demands regarding the weather and freezing her ass off, we might meet soon!   :D

~Cindy

Why do I fee like someone should alert Homeland Security?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 06:06:46 pm »
Allan,I had the pleasure of meeting englighgirl in July and can totally agree. it was so nice have a face and personality to put with the name. I felt like I'd known her forever. Next AMG I will try to come so I can meet more of you                                                                             

~Cindy
Ialso plan on going to the Hen Party when we get everything worked out. Probably in 2008.     Cristy

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 07:15:24 pm »
I have only met three members face-to-face. Jody and Joe Killfoile were (are) enormously impressive and pretty much as I anticipated, except smarter and more attractive.

I shall refrain from discussing the third member, as I already have had two warnings in as many days and don't wish to be timed-out.

But I have extremely close relationships with many more members, with whom I've enjoyed hours of telephone and Skype conversations. Quite frankly, they help me keep whatever semblance of sanity I'm able to present and love them deeply. Because it's my policy to let people know how I feel about them, they are all well aware of their importance in my life.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Basquo

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:18:56 pm »

~Cindy

LOL!!!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 07:22:23 pm »
I have had dinner with bear60 (Joel) and his partner a couple of times and they are always most pleasant.  I first had a lunch with Joel solo back in January (I think) so actually we've met now three times.  There are a couple other people that post from this city but they're here quite infrequently so I do not know them.

If anyone's ever passing through I live right downtown and can come help you ring the Liberty Bell.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 07:36:02 pm »
Matty the Damned has partied with:

Little Steve
Miss Melia
Goderator Jan

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 07:38:37 pm »
I've had a couple of beers with DanJ, he lives up the road a piece. If you are ever in Memphis, holla. 

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 08:07:57 pm »
The first forum members I met in person were Trish, kcmetroman and dancerboy. We went to the zoo in San Antonio. I saw them all again and also met everyone who went to AMG in Montreal a year ago. I've met buckmarktx and austinwesley.  I had dinner and beers in NYC with Jody, allopathicholistic, alisonjafrey, Andy and of course briguynyc, whom I was visiting. Did I miss anyone?

Hands down, all great people! and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you in San Francisco in a few weeks!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 08:47:42 pm »
I met Iggy...and can I say just WOOF!!

Oh, and I was supposed to me Melia and JK...and um...the said they are sick...(puke)...uh, uhn...they stood me up!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 08:50:57 pm »
I'm actually typing this on Jonathan's laptop on Jonathan's HUGE and very comfy futon. Or JK as many of you know him. It's my second visit to him in Atlanta, actually only my second visit to the US. Lovely chilled time being had. Will be sad to leave on Sunday...

I've also had the pleasure of meeting:

Madam Ann
Matty the Damned
Little Fearless Steve
MancUK Chris
englishgirl

All fab! I also email/chat/Skype with many others. To prove that I can tell you that Brent (Bucko) was flipping pancakes as I was typing this! :D

The friends I've made here through Aidsmeds have been a lifeline at times and I treasure each and every one of them.

Looking forward to meeting more now I'm back in the UK, as well as others next month at AMG. Also got me a little adventure planned with a certain Uncle Moffie...BIG EEK!!!

One positive thing (pun intended) that came out from me being HIV+ is the abundance of amazing friends I now have in my life. Not to be sniffed at.

Melia :)

PS: Aww Jeromy honey, we ain't standing you up...I just don't want puke on you! :-*

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 10:59:08 pm »

~Cindy

Hey Now. You damn right my demands are high, I love you but I don't love you hens that much to freeze my royal ass off... ;D ;D  Didn't you know black folks hate the cold, at least the ones I know. ;) Now that is not to say that you hens got to wait on me to meet up, we can still do the 2008 thing too, right?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 11:37:08 pm »
I would love to meet a member some time.  But my schedule is all screwy and a lot people cannot handle that.
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 11:39:57 pm »
I met mjmel when he came to visit San Diego the day of the San Diego pride, and he convinced me to meet me at Pride. Well done, Mike.  :o

Mike is a sweety :)

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:34 pm »
Hey Now. You damn right my demands are high, I love you but I don't love you hens that much to freeze my royal ass off... ;D ;D  Didn't you know black folks hate the cold, at least the ones I know. ;) Now that is not to say that you hens got to wait on me to meet up, we can still do the 2008 thing too, right?

GF~

You KNOW you would be flyin' south and it would be warmer here anyway, lol!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 11:56:44 pm »
meeting other forum members is fantastic.

the person I would MOST like to meet is Ann....I have a hug for her that is about 3 years overdue...
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 07:25:45 am »
Next AMG I will try to come so I can meet more of you
cristy this is fab i totally think this is a great idea, i really wish you were coming this year!
anyway, im looking forward to us catching up next year when i visit nc again, with any luck it will coincide with the hen party so i can join in that as well! (maybe as per his offers in another thread we can invite benj to provide 'entertainment' for us all ;D ::) :P)

I met mjmel when he came to visit San Diego the day of the San Diego pride, and he convinced me to meet me at Pride. Well done, Mike.  :o
milker does this mean you now like pride? well done indeed mike!

Also got me a little adventure planned with a certain Uncle Moffie...BIG EEK!!!
im included in this as well!! i have already declared that i will be kissing his feet in hero worship, poor man, i suspect he will refuse to meet me in horror at the thought of such sycophancy

be warned, i have lots more of you i would like to meet, is always such a good experience, always leaves me happy afterwards - i was even smiling on a 5 hour coach ride after meeting dragonette and tigger! obviously i cant say whether those i meet are happy theyve met me ha ha

love to all
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 10:35:10 am »
obviously i cant say whether those i meet are happy theyve met me ha ha

love to all
                                                                                  Niki, You are so sweet and vibrant that I considered it a pleasure to meet you. And I hope to meet many more of you. If AMG is in the US next year, I will save my money and go. If not, I will wait. I plan on being here a long time so.......                                                        Poor Cold Queen, I hate the cold as well. Maybe we can do it next summer and it won't be so bad.    Cristy

Offline bear60

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:29 pm »
I'd just like to say how wonderful it is that people here really care about each other ....and have so much in common.  I have enjoyed meeting Philly267, David, and we have dinner from time to time.  (And talk about all of you...ha!)
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 05:32:07 pm »
I have so far met Jonathan (jkinatl2) here and came about this close:

===================>               *                 <=======================

to meeting melia this go around during her visit south, but it looks like i will have to wait for AMG in a few weeks.

additionally, i have SkossipedTM with a few on here.  like Bucko, i have grown a really close attachment to a few.  don't know where i'd be without my Auntie D.

i have also met a second member on here...who is the "third member" mentioned by another member above.    :o   

i have also met members 3 and 4....the Davids of ILM, NC.   met them in all their glory, i might ass - um, add.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:34:26 pm by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline fearless

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 05:46:31 pm »
I've been lucky enough to a few people.

Notjeffery (from the old forums).
MtD (we've had a few trashy drinking sessions with a couple of other members)
Melia
Jan
Tim Horn

And, in only a couple of weeks Cubbybear is coming to town. Yeehah!!!
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 05:48:51 pm »
Hey, whatever happened to NotJeffrey?

MtD

Offline fearless

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:09 pm »
Dunno, he was a nice chap, but I've never seen him in the new forums.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 06:15:48 pm »
I've been lucky enough to a few people.

Notjeffery (from the old forums).
MtD (we've had a few trashy drinking sessions with a couple of other members)
Melia
Jan
Tim Horn

And, in only a couple of weeks Cubbybear is coming to town. Yeehah!!!

Lil' Stevie..tell Cubbybear that I have had a crush on him since he joined this website...and color me green with envy cause you get to meet him in person...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 06:16:32 pm »

Lil' Stevie..tell Cubbybear that I have had a crush on him since he joined this website...and color me green with envy cause you get to meet him in person...

And not mention a bit of a crush on you!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline fearless

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 06:53:37 pm »
And not mention a bit of a crush on you!

Don't worry, I'll pop over one day and eat hush pupppies off your butt.

edited for a nasty typo. oops
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:52:47 am by fearless »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 06:59:31 pm »
 :o

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 07:05:26 pm »
Yoy wa
Don't worry, I'll pop over one day and eat hush pupppies of your butt
You want the secret sauce...
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 01:13:05 am »
I wanna watch!  ::)
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 05:46:30 am »
I really enjoyed meeting EnglishGirl.. twice!! next time in Amsterdam, with Melia.

I have been lucky to meet Tigger, Zeb, and Eirin as well. All really cool, and Eirin introduced me to some wonderful poz people that are not on the forums. I almsot met Herman, but missed him. Next time I hope.

& hope to meet more down the road,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.