Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:14:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 662
Total: 662

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To the Pot Smokers*  (Read 5255 times)

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
To the Pot Smokers*
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:26 am »
As a roller of the do0bie brothers, it is my duty to wish you all a very Hippy, Happy, munchy filled 4/20.

"420" came from a bunch of high schoolers back in the 70's, that met after their school classes let out to get stoned at 4:20, and from there, it has blossomed into the great 420 franchise it is today.

so as I partake in the daily Wake & Bake, know my dear friend....today, this Blunt is for you
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: To the Pot Smokers*
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:51:39 pm »
*hits her Royal Doobie* imiatates Smokey from Friday....And you know this, man!!!!!

Happy 420
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:03:14 pm »
I don't get it...smoking that is.  My (now old) neighbors used to (well still do) light up all the time.  It just does nothing for me, other than make me very nauseous and sleepy.  And that smell.  Yuck!

But good to know where 420 comes from.

;)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:20:51 pm »
As a roller of the do0bie brothers, it is my duty to wish you all a very Hippy, Happy, munchy filled 4/20.

"420" came from a bunch of high schoolers back in the 70's, that met after their school classes let out to get stoned at 4:20, and from there, it has blossomed into the great 420 franchise it is today.

so as I partake in the daily Wake & Bake, know my dear friend....today, this Blunt is for you

Wow.  This is from the same guy who wrote this regarding meds salvage here:

The leader of the brigade also happens to be one who willfully and knowingly allows the of illegal drug distribution ring that goes on here. You guys give HIV a bad name. I cant wait to see this media circus, drawing attention to your illegal activities, that cant be hidden, because once posted, they copy to every server database through which they travel.

But then he might have been stoned when he said all that.  Who knows?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 04:42:34 pm »
Seems like a bit of cognitive dissonance there.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 05:37:41 pm »
As usual, I celebrated early  ;D  Nothing like a good ole "Happy 420" for me...

I watched "A Good Woman" starring Helen Hunt playing the role of the mother of Scarlett Johannsen, Mrs. Windemere, who did not know Helen Hunt was her mom.  The story was an adaptation of Oscar Wilde's "Lady Windemere's Fan".  The story took place in 1930 and on the Italian coast.  It had a strange but happy ending. ;D

Golly Gee, (I can't believe I just said, "Golly Gee") anyway, it became a double feature with another Oscar Wilde adaptation in a movie called, "An Ideal Husband".  This story took place in London in 1865 and Lord Windemere was mentioned (a few decades before he could have been born).  The Actor who plays "Q" in the 007 films was the Butler and since the 007 car just plunged into an Italian lake on the way to the set, he must be really pissed.  Anyway, this story also had a very strange and happy ending.  I hoped, Lady Tushingham would walk up to (Minnie Driver) as Miss Mabel and say "pull my finger"  ;D ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
I just learned this year that it is called 420. I wonder how many names it actually has?  I don't use it much but if I do it is to eat or sleep.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline antibody

• "every man thinks his burden is the heaviest"
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 10:15:07 pm »
 ;D
Timbuk      <50/ 794  CD4 10/06 
                 <50/ 1096 CD4 3/07
                 <40/ 1854 CD4 4/09

Started Atripla  7/14/06
Switched to boosted Reyataz Truvada 3/28/07

*Ask me about Medical Marijuana and how it can help you!*

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 10:21:39 pm »

Quote from: AIDS2HIV on February 01, 2007, 02:42:51 pm
The leader of the brigade also happens to be one who willfully and knowingly allows the of illegal drug distribution ring that goes on here. You guys give HIV a bad name. I cant wait to see this media circus, drawing attention to your illegal activities, that cant be hidden, because once posted, they copy to every server database through which they travel.

But then he might have been stoned when he said all that.  Who knows?

YPT in the house....Is there a blasphemer in our midst?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:49:07 am »
So what's up with the asterisk?
It's a complex world

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 02:33:47 am »
one may say he's here to stir the pot.  ;D
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 02:36:32 am »
Hi Tim

Please do not bring up posts that members posted a year ago...you know this can lead to flame wars...something we try hard to avoid...thank you for your cooperation.

This applies to all who are thinking about commenting or joining in on this topic...stick with the original post and do not bring up the past....thank you.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 02:44:53 am »
Interesting to learn where it came from.  I've never smoked marijuanna before (I lead a sheltered life) but I was prescribed the medical stuff once.  They were just these little round pills that I took that made me drowsy & gave me the munchies.
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 02:49:03 am »
Hi Tim

Please do not bring up posts that members posted a year ago...you know this can lead to flame wars...something we try hard to avoid...thank you for your cooperation.

This applies to all who are thinking about commenting or joining in on this topic...stick with the original post and do not bring up the past....thank you.

Hugs

Dear Jan,

It is with the utmost respect that I say this, but I would like to state exception to this...if this is a warning rather than just a "gentle reminder".  I find it most grievous that someone who has maligned a cause as noble as Lisa's med salvage as something akin to street peddling of drugs should then post a call bidding everyone a Happy 420 Day.  It was / is not my intention to ignite a flame war, but I felt this beared mention.  And I'm not understanding why a simple lapse of time diminishes its validity.  If the moderators wish to discuss this privately, I am certainly open to that...and will suffer a Time Out if need be for the cause, so strongly do I believe in it.  That said, I believe my point has been made and have no plans to post further in this thread.

Sincerely,

Tim Hunter

PS:  I would like some clarification (privately if need be, though I think the forums would benefit from a public answer) as to what the time limit is for which quoted positions are no longer deemed pertinent to discussions at hand.

/EDIT:  This post is intended to state my reasoning for the previous posting and to seek clarification.  It is in NO WAY intended to undermine your authority - let's be clear there.  If this post needs removing once read, so be it...though I would hope that it could remain.  That is totally your call. /
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:03:43 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 03:16:56 am »
Hi Tim

This is in no way a "warning" I was responding to a complaint from AIDS2HIV and thought it best to try and stop any arguments arising before they began.

You bring up a good very question:

PS:  I would like some clarification (privately if need be, though I think the forums would benefit from a public answer) as to what the time limit is for which quoted positions are no longer deemed pertinent to discussions at hand.

Unfortunately the truth is I really have no idea if there is a time limit..sorry, but maybe one of the other Mods will have the answer for you...also I have no intentions of removing your post, I don't see your responce as a slight against me or my authority as a Moderator at all.

Hugs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 09:51:42 am »
OK, I think it should be known, that this isnt Cochise the man who usually is behind this name, this is his caregiver/partner Tammy, and I want to bring up some "validity" as " Youth Pastor" tim calls his & his "clique", or shall i say his Occult, since he now has that title, that in todays world reflects.....a leadership position ,guiding the children, of an organized religious sect or in this case the AM occult. Often listed in the news as the child molestor's of the religious sect, nonetheless. The behavior of his followers, that of children, is accurate as well

Perhaps Tim you need a little reminder, yourself. Now that he (A2H) can no longer function to perform daily tasks, such ordering,processing,typing,etc. here's a message I have found in his inbox from you Mr Hunter, showing once again how 2 faced you are....and the exception by moderators shows the favoritism of it's "sector"

thunter34

What's 2b the xtente of the madness? Jesus knows.

Alright, you...
« Sent to: AIDS2HIV on: April 05, 2007, 01:41:27 pm »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-

It's good to see you back posting on here again.   I will take that as a good sign that things have improved a bit for you. 

I'll tell you what:  I've been struggling a bit with that thread for you for several days now.  You and I haven't had many exchanges on here, save for the MillionAIDSMarch- and that didn't go off very well.  I didn't want to post some general and empty "get well" post that you might question the sincerity of given our past exchanges, but I felt odd leaving it without comment also.  I chose instead to just wait to write something to you directly. 

Whatever happens on this board, not one person is outside my concern for their health and well-being.  I am happy to see you here again, in hopes that it marks an improvement for you physically.  My thoughts are with you and yours- and have been since the thread was initiated.  Just wanted you to know.

Tim

Again, as any "Youth Pastor" would.....Your Holier than thou attitude towards a man who hasnt had it as easy with the disease as you may have, yet you are above them all, it seems you still appropriately allow A2H to control your conscience, as it shows in how long you hold resentment vs your apology vs now, yet another personal attack....

For those who know the man, His health has deteriorated, they are currently trying to slow his progression of AIDS, as well as now Glaucoma. the first thing he wanted yesterday morning, was to share well wishes with friends, friends he has even here.

also after mr Hunter's attack and now the aidsmeds moderators support of those actions... actions simply because he is "one of them"...yet there is no clique" here. All A2H, sites were "Hacked".....coincidence?

Nonetheless, say what ya want about a man you dont even know, I know one thing.......he has actively done more with himself in his community, than any of you, including the almighty pill creators, that are hailed as hero's here.

Tim, while you belittle other's especially this man, I want to ask you.....

Do you take for granted , or do you even know what it like to not be able to even remember your own kids due to dementia?....

do you tim, know what it is like to lose senses, such as hunger, not just appetite, but the actual pains hunger sends to the brain, you know what it's like to live daily like that?

Have you tim....Had the state come in and take rights away such as being able to drive etc, simply because of the manage-ability you have with your HIV????

Have ya ever seen the firsthand the actual damage the progression does to a person?

A2H, showed that to everyone, in fact....he humbly puts himself on display at schools, ........affectively enough our state has turned down 1.25 mill in abstinence only funding.

so, what have any of you other's done "selflessly" with your HIV, that renders you Holier than anyone else, and above the rules. Say what you will about Cochise, one thing I can honestly say, he was a much bigger/better man than to take what he has left for granted, or hold resentment.

He has recieved his settlements now, and will be taking this discrimination shown here at this "public service" of POZ magazine to his lawyers for yet another battle, and another settlement. He was right when he begged me to post the initial posts for him, that it will show how stagnant & heterophobic this community really is.

In closing, Tim you are first to take everyone elses personal inventory, EXCEPT for your own......so why not, now that you started this all, Once I have the site fixed, I will be exposing the members, including the beloved Goderator Ann, herself, and what she has supposedly expressed honestly at the A2H site, her own opinions of this place as well, as the other two faced ones as well.....I believe it is only fair, especially since not a one of you actually know this man, or what he has went through.

This will be his last post per his request here , and has also requested to tell his "friends" he had here, they need not bother with their 2 faced fakeness. Once again, he PROVED the truth here at aidsmeds, and once again, I am sure they wont hesitate to ban us for our words, yet...the words of the "drama fags" holds validity?

Cochise has always stood for equal rights, and the "rght thing" since his diagnosis, and he is correct, when he sad....Gays won't ever get equal rights, because they are too self-centered to put all their issues onto their own platform of politics (like us women had to, etc, instead........they simply piss and moan how the world should change because of them, trying to mix their politics into everyone else's platform....

Tim , one thing you cant say about A2H, is you cant say there are 2 faces to him, as there is you. Also, he asked me to telll you to stop harboring resentment, as it will only come back as a brutal reality of who you really are. Another thing you cant say, is he never has been a follower, he cut his own path, and he surely hasnt cried like a spoiled baby because of the health issues he has, and still given of himself, without anything given in return......and without selling anyone out.

Shame on You Tim......Co may not be around, but i sure hope i am , when its Youth Pastor Tim's turn on the aids wheel. And see how you "deal" with the ramifications. Because only then, might have a clue of what you even talk about.

And shame on the moderator and admins, for once again,doing something completely different than there own stated words & only enforcing rules on certain individuals, something Pastor Tim doesnt have balls enough to stand up and point out, but Cochise has. But what do you expect from self proclaimed activists/advocates, now cashing in on everyone elses illness
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 09:55:13 am by AIDS2HIV »
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 10:07:16 am »
It may take a few days to actually reach the end of this giant missive of yours, but I will go ahead and state that I stand behind every word of mine I've posted or you care to rehash as well.  I am not engaging you in this thread, so have at it.

I feel that I had a valid position in reference to this thread, and I believe in it still.  And yes, I sent a PM to Cochise sometime last year in an effort to extend good will to him then.  Stand behind that one, too.  I don't wish failed health on anyone, nor misfortune... a claim which, unfortunately,  clearly cannot be made by your husband or you - see my quoted post above or your very own for evidence of that. 

I'll make an effort to eventually trudge all the way through this post of yours.  I'll get there sooner or later.  With this, I am withdrawn from this thread. 

PS:  Peace to you both.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:19:20 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline bear60

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 10:14:20 am »
Tammy
I am so sorry to hear Co is not doing well.
 But as for this thread ......I dont get it at all. Simply do not inderstand.  It was started as a.....what..a salute to 420?
Really, I am wondering.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 10:16:55 am »
Odd how someone can yelp about "heterophobia" and then turn around in the same breath and say "fag" -- what's up with that?

At any rate, I'll write that one off to frustrations from AIDS and the bad health situation that this Cochise is in (I don't know him myself as I was not on the old board) and wish him well in his recovery.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 10:17:09 am »
As a matter of policy, we always ban any account that threatens us with legal action.  AIDS2HIV has been banned.

Tim (thunter34) -- I'm also formally warning you to please stop being so heavy handed in the forums.  You're acting like a moderator at times, and you are not one.  In the future, please use the Report to Moderator links when you have a problem with other members' posts.  We are receiving increasing numbers of complaints about your heavy-handed attempts to "police" these forums.  Leave that to us, please.

Peter

P.S.  I've also locked this thread
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:20:40 am by Peter Staley »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.