Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:09:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 606
Total: 608

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Day to Remember......  (Read 8204 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
A Day to Remember......
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:40:33 am »
Well, I have a load of stuff to do today, but before the day starts, I wanted to come in and share something very personal with all of you.

On this date, in 1983; an immunologist looked into my face and told me, “you have AIDS related complex, and you should get your affairs in order, as you probably will not see Christmas this year”.  Twenty three years ago today….  I will not recount the last 23 years, as most of that I tend to keep in my Blog, but I am marking this as a milestone year, and am looking forward to the next year with anticipation and excitement.

This last year has been a very good one, and even though the struggle for equity of services for those of us living with this disease is a long and difficult road; I still find enjoyment in doing the work. 

Thank each and every one of you for being in my world and for spending the time here to offer support and help to those that request it and need the “light” to make their trip a little easier.  This Website, this forum, and you people, all make up a resource that is historically significant.  We have never lived in a time of the instantaneous communication opportunities that this medium extends to us, and so it makes it so much easier to get in touch with those in need.  I feel so lucky to have lived this long and to see what a difference this medium has made in the lives of PLWHA. 

In closing, I want to thank all of you who have enriched my life over the last year, and to those that I met and communicated with in Montreal; a huge and sloppy kiss to all of you.  You have enriched my life beyond anything you might have imagined.

In Love and Thanks for good people.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Nadine

Re: A Day to Remember......
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:36:26 am »
Tim,  Thank You for being here for all of us!

(((Big Hugs)))

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:04:18 am »
Dear Tim,

I wish I had read this post prior to attending the Planning Counsil meeting tonight.  Each month we light candles and share a moment of silence for those we have lost to AIDS.  I often think of people who are still living and fighting for a better quality of life for everyone living with HIV/AIDS. 

Tonight with the Directors of Medicine at both the Center of HIV Prevention and Care, the Russian River Health Center, as well as the Executive Director of Face-to-Face and the Executive Director of Food for Thought abstaining, the FY 2007 budget was approved as written.  Even more important, the Community Re-Connect program has been included in the budget. 

Over this past year on the forums, I have gotten so much support and advise from you, I enjoy spending this 23rd Anniversary with you.  Where are those Roses when you need them?  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 07:00:53 am »
Dearest Moffie

You gave me advise, information, you inspired me and encouraged me to start my support group, which by the way is going very well, and you saved your last piece of chocolate cake for me...so I say to you THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE WHEN I NEEDED YOU

With love and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:19:41 am »
Mad props to you Daddy Tim. You know how much you mean to me. :-*

MtD

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 07:21:38 am »
Tim,

Thank you for being you!
You have helped me so much since I came to these forums. I will forever be grateful to you.

Much Love
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:58 am »

Thank each and every one of you for being in my world and for spending the time here to offer support and help to those that request it and need the “light” to make their trip a little easier. 

Hello Tim

And thankyou for being in this world and taking up the cause ,and struggle, that I myself should have been a part of years ago. Thankyou for the inspiration, and the motivation. You do motivate, whether you realise it or not !! I know I certainly don't mention that to you often enough. You have definitely given me some wake up calls !!

Respectfully------Ray 

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fearless

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 08:13:12 am »
Thank you Tim,
If I was half the man you are, if I had half the guts, half the determination, half the inspiration, half the compassion, well... my life would be grand.
You are an inspiration.
Steve
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 09:30:05 am »
Thank you one and all.  I don't think any of you realize just how much your messages mean to an old man.  I now have to get breakfast, take the truck in for service, and then come home and rest, as it seems a cold/sore throat/congestion thingy is settling in and I have about 25 phone calls and a meeting to tap into today.  Oh well, nobody said it would be easy.

Guys, thanks, you give me strength.

In Love and Gratitude.
Lynn Lavne

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:43:18 am »
Your attitude, character, power and strength is an inspiration.  You have a gratitude for the gift that is life.  Keeping working and playing in love...

Drew

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 09:47:51 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:29:54 pm by Iggy »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 09:54:04 am »
Tim

A phrase I like, but rarely enact is " Brevity Leads to Clarity " -- I'm heartened we met in Montreal and that doctors' forecasts are sometimes cast off.

Em
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 10:19:23 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Biggums

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 09:55:38 am »
And thank you Tim as well.  I love ya.
44 year old gay man .......just broke up with the only man I've ever really loved.

You can love completely without complete understanding.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 11:33:53 am »
Always an inspiration Moffie!

Andrew <--- Who is pretty sure the outfit you're wearing in your Avatar is ALMOST back in style!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:22:16 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 12:37:43 pm »
On this date, in 1983; an immunologist looked into my face and told me, “you have AIDS related complex, and you should get your affairs in order, as you probably will not see Christmas this year“.

Well, you certainly showed him, didn't you Tim!

And I for one am very glad!

Melia ;)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 01:18:53 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:01:23 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:40:41 pm »
Dear Tim,

What can I possibly say?  Wishing you happiness, after all that you have done with your life, seems inadequate as the words just escape me.  You know how you much you mean to so many of us and your willingness to remain on the front lines (despite being an "ancient") is a testament to the caliber of your character.

You know how we feel about you and our wish for your always remains that you will always have what you need.

Love always.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 02:11:36 pm »
Tim, wishing you all the best in this not so pleasant situation.  Knowing you are just a click away means everything.  Hope concurs all.. You give us that..

Love

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 02:34:16 pm »
a huge and sloppy kiss to all of you. 
Oh Daddy! Just the way I like them  :-*

Tim - THANK YOU

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 02:42:33 pm »
Tim,
You are an amazing person! I don't know where you get the strength and courage to fight like you do. But it is an inspiration. I am proud to know you. And I'm looking forward to getting to know you even better in the years ahead. Happy Anniversary!
Positive since 1985

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 04:21:32 pm »
Hi Tim,

sending you LOVE and hugs, and I'm glad you're still with us!

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 04:44:34 pm »
Yes, yes....WE WILL SURVIVE!! (God bless Gloria Gaynor and Diana Ross) :)

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline o

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 05:05:00 pm »
Dear Tim,
I remember the days i first began to write to this forum with a lot of despair and i will always remember the roses i got from you.
they were just as good as real.
but the roses die, we will survive

to many years a head, with love. life and trust.

and i send u my favourite flowers to you
xxx

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 05:12:11 pm »
Tim

You The Man! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Robert

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 11:53:21 pm »
Tim...

Thanks for sharing the past with us with your blogs and insights.  And I look forward to sharing the rest of our lives together.

robert

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 12:19:26 am »
Tim,

I am so glad you pissed in that Dr's wheaties.  You ruly are an inspiration.  I was but a child 23 years ago (not trying to rub it in  ;) ), You have helped fill the potholes in one shitty road, and my journey will be easier (presumably) because of it.  So I say a big huge thank you.

And I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 11:37:28 am »
Thank you all so very much for the good wishes.

I am taking a break from the forums today, due mainly to this cold which has settled in my lungs and throat.  It is miserable, and all my joints hurt like hell, so typing is out of the question.  I wanted to write today and just lay low, but hell, I guess this will have to do for the typing. 

Hope you all have a good day today, and stay positive and don't let anything get you down.  I am not going to let this one get me down and in a couple of days, I'll be back.

IN Love and Thanks for good people.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Christine

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 11:45:58 am »
Hi Tim,
Thank you for sharing your experiences, your strength and your knowledge with all of us. When I read your posts, they are always filled with wisdom, and an unselfish nature which inspires me to keep on fighting this nasty thing. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Teresa

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 11:49:42 am »
Moffie,

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I am just getting over a cold so i know how miresable you feel. Seems like I always get a cold when the weather changes.

Get plenty of rest!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline randym431

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 08:58:56 pm »
I'll never forget your roses when I first came aboard. That in itself told me I was not alone.

:) :) :)
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline pragyamishra

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2006, 07:37:17 am »
 Hey Tim!

Your love for life and rock solid detrmination are a real inspiration of all !

I wish we had more ppl like You.

Hugs.....
Prags :)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 07:49:44 am »
Hey Tim,
Congrats on the milestone. I remember those days, and docs saying things like that to those of us with HIV, all too well.

Hope you're feeling better and will soon be back in the pink.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 05:03:09 am »
Big hugs to you Tim!

Thanks for all the love and food for thought you bring on here!

:-* :-* :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.