Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 391
Total: 394

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What am I?  (Read 6664 times)

Offline abstract4

• If it aint fun...DON'T DO IT
What am I?
« on: December 18, 2007, 05:23:58 pm »
Hi There Everyone,

I have been calling myself an LTNP. I have never been on meds, been pos since 89', and have never had a viral load above 2000.
The problem is that I did fall below 500 t's in 1992 and I once had a Kaposi's tumor (it was removed and biopsied). I  completely recovered, have had no other aids related stuff and am now at 770/1100. Without any medication!! Ever!

Now, since LTNP's are people that are HIV pos, have never been on meds, and have stayed over 500 tcells, and never had an aids related illness...what the heck am I? Besides one straight, horny (so says my girlfriend), old (56), balding bastard ? Guess that makes me a SHOBB, huh?

abstract4 
"Sex and Drugs and Rock n' Roll been very good to me"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: What am I?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 05:37:13 pm »
Hey Abstract!

I'd say you're a Long Term Slow Progressor. And since you had a KS lesion, you've had an AIDS defining illness.

Welcome to the Forums, by the way. :)

MtD
(Who is a Short Term Fast Progressor)

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 01:34:02 am »
You're a Lucky SOB lol.

Welcome to this great place.

I am a "hlwa" (homo living with aids)
Positive since 1985

Offline DAF

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 11:08:48 am »
abstract4,

You are one of the lucky ones indeed you have a partner, reasnably great health, That is great. Welcome there are alot og good people here. Being horny is not a bad thing either, sometimes I think it is more a male thing or at least different from womens sexulaity.

Welcome and love long with health.

DAF
No disease on the face of the planet has been 100% fatal

Offline cflas

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:18:57 pm »
It's easy:  Do you remember in the play Camelot, after every thing is lost...the Round Table is shattered...and with it Arthur's dream? Arthur assembles his troops of the field of battle and, just prior to taking up the sword to fight a war he had no heart for, a young boy, hiding out, asked Arthur if he could be knight, to defend the Table, to defend a system of Democracy. So, Arthur dubbed him Sir Tom of Warwick and sent him back to England, not to fight, but to grow up and to grow old, and to remind every person that dreams do come true, but they still have to be remembered.

Pelinore, the old king, watching the sight, say, "Arthur what are you doing?  Who was that boy? 

And Arthur, for a moment reclaiming the vision say, "One of what we all are Pelly!  Less than a drop in the great blue motion of the sunlit sea!  But is seems, some of the drops sparkle, Pelly, some of them do sparkle!"

Welcome, Sir Tom of Warwick.

love, Chris

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.