Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 371
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 369
Total: 370

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Clumsy like a Wolfe .  (Read 21100 times)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Clumsy like a Wolfe .
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »
I was leaving the house to go to a doctors appointment , stepped outside and locked the door to go to my car when I realized I forgot some thing . I tripped on the stairs and with full momentum my head smashed into the door and the side door jam .

It knocked me unconscious for just a second and put a two inch gash in the top of my head . It wouldn't stop bleeding so took superglue and closed the wound so I could make to my doctor and not make a mess everywhere . The glue didn't work to well and surprisingly it didn't get in my hair too much . I managed to get it to stop bleeding and get to the doc where they cleaned it up but I didn't mention the superglue LOL .

My head aches and I'm taking most of the night off from forum watch . 
To Wolfe ... I will never think to myself what the heck is wrong with Wolfe that he cant stay upright when I read your post anymore because now I know shit happens . Maybe all of LTS can get a group rate on those help me I fallen and get get up bracelets .  :o
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Clumsy like a Wolfe .
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:31:12 pm »
My God. You people...

::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:31 pm »
Geez.  Glad no concussion.  I better watch myself.  I was vacuuming up the stairs and almost fell straight back on the cord. 

Btw, you intended to put "Hungry Like The Wolf" in our heads tonight?   Feel better.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »
Sounds like it's time for those infamous Medicare scooters.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline buginme2

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »
I've fallen and.... (sorry....)

Feel better soon Jeff

Note to self: Never use superglue to try to seal a wound....

Next thing you know it will be WD-40 for crackling bones...   ;)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 10:12:58 pm »
My God, Jeff!

You can't die until I'm no longer watched!

Feel better soon - I will try to be on here more in the next few days.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 10:26:27 pm »
My God, Jeff!

You can't die until I'm no longer watched!

Feel better soon - I will try to be on here more in the next few days.

But your looking so good  ;) .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 12:06:22 am »
Seriously, Jeff. Without you and Ann we all know this site would fold like a pyramid of kittens.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 03:53:32 am »
Welcome to the Alternately Balanced Club . Every walk an adventure.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 04:08:37 am »
Welcome to the Alternately Balanced Club . Every walk an adventure.

This is very true.  Jeff, I am so, so sorry you're banged up.  But, don't feel bad.  A couple weeks ago, I was waiting with a client in a radiology clinic.  When we got up to go to the exam room, I walked into the wall and fell down.  So, we're all in this together babe. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:21 am »
This is very true.  Jeff, I am so, so sorry you're banged up.  But, don't feel bad.  A couple weeks ago, I was waiting with a client in a radiology clinic.  When we got up to go to the exam room, I walked into the wall and fell down.  So, we're all in this together babe. :-*

Since I know you didn't get hurt or you would have mentioned it please forgive my giggles when I read this .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 10:21:46 am »
It knocked me unconscious for just a second...

My head aches...

You suffered a concussion. You can tell yourself you didn't, but you did.  :P

Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline britchick

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:09 am »
Hope that you feel a wee bit better today Jeff!Welcome to the Clumsy Club !:D.There is a lot of us out there!

britchickx

Ps I dont do stairs and hot drinks at the same time , or hoovers, or tablets and stairs..
..the list goes on....and on!!!

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 10:36:09 am »
Welcome to the clumsy club!  Seriously, glad it wasn't too bad.  Have you had a bone density scan yet?  I believe accidents happen in 3's.   :o

And next time, use duct tape.  It really does work and the glue has magical powers that leaves no scars.  No evidence other than my own, I've used this treatment for years.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 10:46:44 am »
I am attributing the superglue decision to head trauma. I hope you recover quickly.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »
Hey Jeff,

I am beginning to think that some of us, should be walking around in the new motorcycle gear, that includes air bags built into the gear.

Get better and I'll help to hold down the fort.

Joe

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »
Hey Jeff,

I am beginning to think that some of us, should be walking around in the new motorcycle gear, that includes air bags built into the gear.

Get better and I'll help to hold down the fort.

Joe

I kind of like the idea of having one of those baby rompers with wheels where you sit in a ring with a seat in the middle and scoot around .

I have noticed my balance isn't what it used to be and I stumbled again today ... if it happens 10 more times I will tell my doctor .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »
I think this is a great idea, not just for riding a bike (Wolfie), but perhaps in everyday life..lol.  Seriously it could be good for those prone to falls.  They need one designed to protect hips.  For the elderly, I could see how this could save many from broken hips, if they designed one for that. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36090945?launch=53563167&config=26185044

For those not wanting to watch the news story, here is a pic.  The news story shows exactly how it works.  The reporter did it live by falling off a bike.  Btw, it inflated during the fall; you don't wear it this way.  Didn't know if that needed explaining. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 03:57:22 am »
I have noticed my balance isn't what it used to be and I stumbled again today ... if it happens 10 more times I will tell my doctor .

Jeff, my doctor attributes my lack of balance to the neuropathy.  I don't know that I believe him, but maybe there's no other logical explanation.  Other than something being off in the brain. 

You should mention it to your doctor and see what he says.  And let me know.  I hope you're feeling better!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:56 am »
Jeff, my doctor attributes my lack of balance to the neuropathy.  I don't know that I believe him, but maybe there's no other logical explanation.  Other than something being off in the brain. 

You should mention it to your doctor and see what he says.  And let me know.  I hope you're feeling better!

You are right that I should bring it with my doc . I have been cherry picking what to talk to my doctor about and what to ignore , its probably not the best decision on my part to do it that way .

Part of the reason I have been blowing off some issues is because they have been going on so long and even if they run a bunch of test not much can be done about them anyway . I call it treatment fatigue and doing this may be my undoing one day but I am sick of endless rounds of doctor visits to investigate why living with HIV for 30 years makes me feel crappy a lot of the time LOL . 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 08:49:52 am »
You are right that I should bring it with my doc . I have been cherry picking what to talk to my doctor about and what to ignore , its probably not the best decision on my part to do it that way .

Part of the reason I have been blowing off some issues is because they have been going on so long and even if they run a bunch of test not much can be done about them anyway . I call it treatment fatigue and doing this may be my undoing one day but I am sick of endless rounds of doctor visits to investigate why living with HIV for 30 years makes me feel crappy a lot of the time LOL .

WORD!!!  I could have written those exact words.  In my opinion, since many of us suffer neuro-cognitive disorders, it would be reasonable to expect that this would also affect/manifest in other areas.  I only post the major episodes, not the daily ones. 

I guess it's comforting to know that I won't die of AIDS, but instead, a grizzly accident.   :o  I'm sure mine will be one hell of a headline.

I had an episode last night after attending a NASCAR party.  We lost power due to our major storms and had to navigate in darkness.  I forgot there was a chair to the immediate right of our front door and managed to knock it and me both over.  Or that might have been the copious amounts of white zin. ;D

The bright side???  I won 1st, 2nd and 4th place on the race, along with a cash drawing and a door prize of a nice coffee maker. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:10 am »
WORD!!!  I could have written those exact words.  In my opinion, since many of us suffer neuro-cognitive disorders, it would be reasonable to expect that this would also affect/manifest in other areas.  I only post the major episodes, not the daily ones. 

I guess it's comforting to know that I won't die of AIDS, but instead, a grizzly accident.   :o  I'm sure mine will be one hell of a headline.

I had an episode last night after attending a NASCAR party.  We lost power due to our major storms and had to navigate in darkness.  I forgot there was a chair to the immediate right of our front door and managed to knock it and me both over.  Or that might have been the copious amounts of white zin. ;D

The bright side???  I won 1st, 2nd and 4th place on the race, along with a cash drawing and a door prize of a nice coffee maker. 

I read your clumsy concern carefully and can tell you you did not have a risk for HIV clumsyness in this situation . HIV clumsyness symptoms are not specific to HIV and could be caused by white Zin clumsiness . You have had a risk for white zin clumsness and will need a breathalyzer test before walking again .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:57 am »
If you want balance issues try combining neuropathy, foot surgery and large, think custom orthotics while walking up four flights of stairs carrying a load of laundry. I know one day someone will find me in the lobby dead.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:16 am »
If you want balance issues try combining neuropathy, foot surgery and large, think custom orthotics while walking up four flights of stairs carrying a load of laundry. I know one day someone will find me in the lobby dead.

You better be careful or they will find you in a laying in a smorgasbord of gourmet food at the bottom of the stairs . I had orthotics when I was a bartender and it took some getting used to .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55:15 am »
You better be careful or they will find you in a laying in a smorgasbord of gourmet food at the bottom of the stairs . I had orthotics when I was a bartender and it took some getting used to .   

I've had them for three years now. It just depends what shoes I am wearing them with -- I am now buying 1/2 size larger shoe because proper size feels so tight because of the neuropathy, so sometimes the orthotics move around a little. I've not fallen yet anywhere so I guess I am managing well, but it does sometimes cross my mind. I guess death by falling is preferable to a slow death from the AIDS. Or not.

And my $400 orthotics already need to be replaced -- they will refurbish my existing ones for ~$125 but then I'd have to go two weeks minimum walking without them, and frankly doing so just a few steps in my apartment is painful. There is no way I can last two weeks so I am going to have those refurbished but also order an entirely new pair. Not sure if they can just use the old plaster castings of my foot or have to do everything over again, so that extra pair would be either $400 or $200 I think.

I think it's ridiculous that Medicare/Medicaid only pays for custom orthotics if a patient has diabetes -- isn't 3 foot surgeries proof enough that I am not using these for cosmetic purposes? So lame. And I guess I can count on this expenditure for the rest of my life. I was at least hoping I'd not need replacements for five years minimum (as I was told).

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02:00 am »
I've had them for three years now. It just depends what shoes I am wearing them with -- I am now buying 1/2 size larger shoe because proper size feels so tight because of the neuropathy, so sometimes the orthotics move around a little. I've not fallen yet anywhere so I guess I am managing well, but it does sometimes cross my mind. I guess death by falling is preferable to a slow death from the AIDS. Or not.

And my $400 orthotics already need to be replaced -- they will refurbish my existing ones for ~$125 but then I'd have to go two weeks minimum walking without them, and frankly doing so just a few steps in my apartment is painful. There is no way I can last two weeks so I am going to have those refurbished but also order an entirely new pair. Not sure if they can just use the old plaster castings of my foot or have to do everything over again, so that extra pair would be either $400 or $200 I think.

I think it's ridiculous that Medicare/Medicaid only pays for custom orthotics if a patient has diabetes -- isn't 3 foot surgeries proof enough that I am not using these for cosmetic purposes? So lame. And I guess I can count on this expenditure for the rest of my life. I was at least hoping I'd not need replacements for five years minimum (as I was told).

That is lame . I cant fathom why medicare / medicaid would deny payment for that when your doctor deems it a medical necessity . It was the same with hearing aids for me so it does happen all the time . It just sucks you are on the hook for that much money just to be able to walk around without pain .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 10:04:54 am »
That is lame . I cant fathom why medicare / medicaid would deny payment for that when your doctor deems it a medical necessity . It was the same with hearing aids for me so it does happen all the time . It just sucks you are on the hook for that much money just to be able to walk around without pain .   

I think they don't want to pay for ladies who had foot surgery because they wore stiletto Louboutins for thirty years. Basically the surgeries I had were similar to what is done in those cases, but I don't wear high heels and no, I am not a closet drag superstar.

It's the same Medicare BS for facial fillers due to lipo. They said they were going to pay for it but in effect they are not.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 10:08:43 am »
I think they don't want to pay for ladies who had foot surgery because they wore stiletto Louboutins for thirty years. Basically the surgeries I had were similar to what is done in those cases, but I don't wear high heels and no, I am not a closet drag superstar.

It's the same Medicare BS for facial fillers due to lipo. They said they were going to pay for it but in effect they are not.

Short sighted on Medicare's part for sure , they wont pay for you the have $400 orthotics but would not blink if your doctor wrote a script of a $5000 scooter to get around in . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 10:12:38 am »
Short sighted on Medicare's part for sure , they wont pay for you the have $400 orthotics but would not blink if your doctor wrote a script of a $5000 scooter to get around in . 

You know, that's exactly what I thought last week. It really is insane, isn't it?

My HIV doctor seems to think if he writes the script from my orthotics due to neuropathy that it would be covered, or at least partially so. I did a bit of research last week in the Medicare guidelines and I think they are particularly strict on this issue of only paying if it's due to diabetes.

And as luck would have it, when I go to the eye doctor in January I won't be surprised if I have to have my glasses prescription altered. But hopefully not. Plus since I don't own a car I guess I could put it off until early 2016 when I have to renew my license. Don't you have to take an eye exam each time for that?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 10:40:48 am »

They didn't cover my orthotic device I needed after my surgery either.  It doesn't make sense that a doctor deems something medically necessary, yet Medicare deems otherwise.  I rented my device and it was several hundred dollars.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 10:42:57 am »
I read your clumsy concern carefully and can tell you you did not have a risk for HIV clumsyness in this situation . HIV clumsyness symptoms are not specific to HIV and could be caused by white Zin clumsiness . You have had a risk for white zin clumsness and will need a breathalyzer test before walking again .

Let's say it was red wine, would that have been a risk?   ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 10:43:31 am »
And as luck would have it, when I go to the eye doctor in January I won't be surprised if I have to have my glasses prescription altered. But hopefully not. Plus since I don't own a car I guess I could put it off until early 2016 when I have to renew my license. Don't you have to take an eye exam each time for that?

Im not sure about your state but I have never had to have an eye exam for a drivers license but I wear contacts and may not have told them about it .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 10:53:33 am »
Im not sure about your state but I have never had to have an eye exam for a drivers license but I wear contacts and may not have told them about it .

Really? I've had eye exams here in PA, but also in New York and Virginia -- or are you just meaning for a renewal and not the initial license? Maybe in NY they only made me retake the eye exam when I lost my wallet and license and had to have a totally new one made, I can't recall.

My upcoming PA renewal in two years will be my first renewal -- I kept using my NY license when I first moved here for years.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:08 am »
Really? I've had eye exams here in PA, but also in New York and Virginia -- or are you just meaning for a renewal and not the initial license? Maybe in NY they only made me retake the eye exam when I lost my wallet and license and had to have a totally new one made, I can't recall.

My upcoming PA renewal in two years will be my first renewal -- I kept using my NY license when I first moved here for years.

I have a feeling it may be a requirement here as well but I managed to fly under the radar .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 05:30:05 am »
I was able to renew my license online this year.  In the past I have had to take an eye test. 

I don't like going to the doctor for every little thing caused by living with HIV for a long period of time.  However, because of the issues I've been having with Social Security lately, I figure the more documented medical evidence of what could be a disability, the better.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:35 am »
I did some research and here in PA I won't have to re-do an eye exam. PENNdot sends me a mailer with a "camera card" and I don't have to go one of their offices (which are heinous and MUCH worse than the DMV in New York City) but there are "photo centers" I can go to, and the closest one is mere blocks away -- in fact exactly one block.

Basically all they want is $29.50 every four years -- can you believe that's how often renewals are here? They were every 10 years in NY.

Offline britchick

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13:03 am »
Yes , I agree with BT65, if you can try to keep records of all med appts, even for the nurse , dentist or optician as its proof that you are actively requiring treatment.

Renewal benefit paperwork here is asking for dates of last appt etc.

britchickx

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »
For my renewal, I didn't have to have a new pic taken, they just used the one I had on my old license.  I also don't have to renew until 2019; hopefully I can again do it online, but I'm not sure.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:00 pm »
For my renewal, I didn't have to have a new pic taken, they just used the one I had on my old license.  I also don't have to renew until 2019; hopefully I can again do it online, but I'm not sure.

I know someone who never changed his Indiana license over to Kentucky, so he was able to renew online.  They only allow once before you have to go in next time for new pic and I assume eye test.  But, that's several years away.  My-- I mean his-- mom had to go in and couldn't renew online, due to something to do with eye exam.  Well, maybe it was she turned a certain age??  I will have to ask her.  I wish KY gets on board to online renewals.  Maryland has been doing it for years.   

Offline wolfter

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »
Ohio has always been a renewal every 4 years with a vision test every time.  I tried to renew mine during my blindness period as they expired.  Ended up with a state ID obviously, but hey, it was worth a shot.  ;D

I've yet to take the driver's test so I'm kinda driving illegally.  But since I only drive a few hundred miles a year, I'll chance it until I think I can pass the driving test again.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »
I remember in Illinois they made you read an eye chart to get your license , forgot all about that .

My worst renewal experience was in California . They require out of state people moving there to show how long you have been a resident , if you go past a certain time limit you pay a fine . They also require you to take the written exam again and I damn near failed it because of a bunch of line drawings of road signs that are blank and you have to fill in what each sign stands for , its allot harder than it sounds . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »
 Supposedly in Pennsylvania you are legally required to obtain a state license within thirty days of moving from another state. I never knew this, but then after being here six years someone told me. They said just to lie and act stupid. Anyway when I finally went my lease had just been renewed so I took that and acted like it was my first lease. And wouldn't you know they never even asked a thing about it all so I went through all that for nothing. All they wanted to see was a utility bill.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 07:33:25 pm »
Let's say it was red wine, would that have been a risk?   ;D

It's always red wine when it comes to you......lol   :-*

Hugs

Den in ABQ   :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »
It's always red wine when it comes to you......lol   :-*

Hugs

Den in ABQ   :)

DENNIS!!!  Where have you been and how are you?  I've thought about you quite often of late.

OH, and I'm a white wine wino usually.  Reds give me a headache after a bottle or two.   ;D

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 11:01:46 am »
DENNIS!!!  Where have you been and how are you?  I've thought about you quite often of late.

OH, and I'm a white wine wino usually.  Reds give me a headache after a bottle or two.   ;D

Ohh, I've been doing ok, getting older, and I now have a lot more inflammation in all of my joints now  :-\

gotta ask my Doc about what we need to do about all of this when I see her in DEC

so hopefully, we can address some of these issues I'm having  ???

anywho Thanks for thinking about me Greg, I'm still around when my minds get lonely
for all of you in the forum, maybe not as often as I use to be, but I'm working on THIS^   :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2013, 07:47:10 am »
Damn, if I could have made it 6 more days, I could have claimed an entire month, accident free.

I was walking around too quickly, trying to get cleaning done.  Sped around a corner and the side of my head met the corner of the hutch.  Big ole goose egg.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 08:05:16 am »

I was walking around too quickly, trying to get cleaning done.  Sped around a corner and the side of my head met the corner of the hutch.  Big ole goose egg.

Ouch! Did it knock any sense into you? ;)

I'm pretty good at walking into things myself. Walked into a door once - seriously - and gave myself a black eye because I caught the top of my cheekbone. Most people didn't believe me about how I got the black eye because it's such a cliche/euphemism for "my partner smacked me one but I don't want anyone to know".

Also, I normally have at least one dark-purple bruise on one of my legs at any given time from walking into low-flying furniture. ~sigh~ I feel your pain!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:16 am »
She fell out of sling and we all know it ^^^ .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 08:09:27 am »
The worst part???? I was totally sober and rested.  I smacked my face good not too long when opening the door to the out building.  It usually sticks a tad and you have to yank it open.  That day, it opened easily and smacked my silly mug straight on.  Of course, the first thing you do is look around to make sure no one saw it.  :)

She fell out of sling and we all know it ^^^ .

Wouldn't that lead to a brown eye?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.