Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:48:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 227
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Anal sex with precum outside the condom  (Read 17616 times)

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
Anal sex with precum outside the condom
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:38:50 pm »
I had sex with a transexual sex worker yesterday.

Her penis had a lot of precum and she rubbed it a lot on my perineal area, very near my anus.

I am aware that that exposure alone is no risk, however she then put on a condom and penetrated me, and I am afraid that some of the precum around my anal area entered my body.

Assuming she is HIV positive, am I at risk?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Anal sex with precum outside the condom
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »
No risk. HIV does not stay active outside its host.

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:51:59 pm »
Thank you RapidRod.

Another question to completely give me peace of mind:

Should I assume she used a latex condom and not a lambskin condom? What percentage of people use lambskin condoms?

I sucked her penis and felt like a normal condom. Do lambskin condoms feel different?

If for whatever reason she used a lambskin condom, should I worry?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 02:35:42 pm »
Why would think she used a lambskin condom? These are rare and expensive unlike latex condoms which are very cheap and ubiquitous.

I agree with Rodney, you were not at risk as you had protected sex. You do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »
Thank you guys!

I will go on with my life now.

;D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 04:47:44 pm »
Protecting yourself from the sexual transmission of HIV is not complicated. Just remember for the future to always without exception use a condom everytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse and you will be well protected.

Condoms provide very effective protection.

This time you're good to go.
Andy Velez

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »
I need an answer to this.

Yesterday I had an encounter with a transexual prostitute. We had protected oral sex.

However, when I was sucking her breasts, some fluid came out of them and I swallowed it. I felt very disgusted by this and I hate the fact that everytime I am with a transexual there's always some activity or issue that makes me worry about contracting hiv.

Assuming this transexual is HIV+,

Am I at risk from swallowing this fluid/milk?

What IS this fluid?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 12:40:22 pm »
Gian,

Assuming this person is hiv positive, you had NO RISK in swallowing some breast fluids. Breast milk is only a risk to very young babies who depend solely on breast milk for their sustenance.

Saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Your mouth is a very effective barrier against hiv infection.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »
I usually don't worry about these kind of exposures but for some reason I can't get over this breast fluids/milk incident with this transexual.

In the past 9 months I've had sex with 25 prostitutes (female) and I always wear protection for sex. I usually go down on them (cunnilingus) and I never worry about getting hiv because I know it is no risk.

I test for hiv every 3 months and my last test was 1 month ago and it came back negative, so no worries there.

However I can't get over this breast situation I had last week. Logically I know it is no risk, but somehow I'm convinced that this transexual is HIV positive (she/he has anal sex with MANY men per day).

I promised myself that I will never again have sex with a transexual woman, but I need some extra encouraging words to give me peace of mind. Maybe some extra scientific facts and studies.

Anyone wanna cheer up and help me remove this anxiety I have?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:09:23 pm by Giancarlo2 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »
Gian,

It isn't our job to cheer you up. You had NO RISK and it is insulting in the extreme for you to imply that you may have had one.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 09:19:57 am »
Thank you very much for your help Ann.

I will go on with my life now.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 09:30:10 am »
Gian,

Sounds good. Just keep using those condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Have a good holiday. And get the heck outta here!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 12:22:38 am »
Hello again everyone!

Yesterday I had sex with a commercial sex worker.

I was having problems with my erection. We tried several positions.

During the last position which was doggystyle I was doing it kinda hard. I wasn't able to cum, but when I took out my penis to my surprise I noticed the condom was almost off. It was hanging from the head of my penis.

I suppose the head was always protected otherwise the condom would have came off completely. However I'm not completely sure.

Should I concern about this?

Am I at risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 03:50:51 am »
No you shouldn't be concerned and no you do not need testing.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:02:44 am »
Gian,

The important thing is that the head of your penis was covered. If it had become uncovered at any point, the condom would have fallen completely off.

This is not an hiv risk situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 11:34:57 pm »
Thank you Ann and RapidRod.

I hate it when these type of incidents occur.

They always rob me of peace of mind.

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »
Please excuse my stubborness, but I read in several websites that the inner layer of the foreskin can work as an entrance to HIV (I'm not circumsized).

I can't remember clearly if this part of the foreskin was exposed or protected by the condom. I suppose it could have been exposed for several moments.

Does this change anything?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »
Stop with the what ifs. Your foreskin would have been covered by the condom and well past it along the shaft of your penis.

You did not have a risk. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I engaged in sexual intercourse with a pre-op transexual sex worker.

I sucked her dick for a long time (15 minutes) without using protection. There wasn't any ejaculation.

We also engaged in mutual penetration with a condom. She fucked me and I fucked her. As far as I know the condom didn't break.

I am a little worried because:

1) She had no lubricant, so we used a cream she had. I read the ingredients and some of them were water, aloe vera, and alcohol. Could this damage the condom in any way, creating microscopic holes?

2) When she penetrated me it hurt a lot, and today I noticed I had blood in my anus.

3) She's in a "high risk" group, engaging in anal sex with multiple partners everyday. She also told me she's been having fever the last few days.

4) I couldn't resist sucking her dick without a condom. I never do this, but this time I gave in and sucked her for a long time.

I tested for HIV one month ago and I was negative.

Now I don't know if I should retest again after this exposure.

Should I be concerned?

What do you guys recommend?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:07:06 pm by Giancarlo2 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »
Condom failure is not about microscopic breaks. When a condom fails it is apparent to the eye because it ends up looking like a hoop with fringe on the penis.

So I don't see any cause for concern about the anal intercourse.

As for your having sucked your partner, your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

I don't see any need for testing over this incident. The only reason to do so is if you are going to continue to worry and want to do it for your peace of mind. But I don't see HIV as being a problem.

We do advise anyone who is sexually active to at least annually have a full STD panel done because other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 02:32:03 pm »
Thank you, I will have a duo test in a month to have some peace of mind.

I am currently on a prevention treatment for respiratory infections. I'm taking Broncho Vaxom, an immunostimulant which is an extract of different bacteria.

Could this in any way delay or interfere with my immuno response to HIV?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 02:44:48 pm »
No.

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 03:09:51 pm »
Thank you Rapid Rod.

I will share my test results when I get them.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 03:30:40 pm »
OK. Good luck with your test. And I do expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »
I tested negative!

I took a 4th generation DUO test (anti hiv1/hiv2 + p24 antigen) which according to the doctors over at MedHelp is pretty much conclusive after 4 weeks:

"As you were told earlier, 4th generation test provides definitive evidence of the presence or absence of infection at any time more than 4 weeks after exposure.

The recommendation that only a 12 week test is conclusive is out of date in several ways. First of all, the recommendation refers to tests for antibodies to HIV.  You were tested with a 4th generation test that tests for both HIV antibodies and the HIV p24 antigen.  Secondly, even the recommendation that antibody tests are not conclusive until 12 weeks is also out of date.  At this time, the fact is that tests for antibodies are conclusive at any time more than 8 weeks after exposure.  Recommendations for longer periods of time reflect older information given from what we consider to be overly conservative agencies, including the U.S. CDC, and reflect older, out of date research.

Bottom line- as you have already been told- believe your test result, it is conclusive.
"

- Dr. Edward Hook

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
I tested negative!

I took a 4th generation DUO test (anti hiv1/hiv2 + p24 antigen) which according to the doctors over at MedHelp is pretty much conclusive after 4 weeks:

"As you were told earlier, 4th generation test provides definitive evidence of the presence or absence of infection at any time more than 4 weeks after exposure.

The recommendation that only a 12 week test is conclusive is out of date in several ways. First of all, the recommendation refers to tests for antibodies to HIV.  You were tested with a 4th generation test that tests for both HIV antibodies and the HIV p24 antigen.  Secondly, even the recommendation that antibody tests are not conclusive until 12 weeks is also out of date.  At this time, the fact is that tests for antibodies are conclusive at any time more than 8 weeks after exposure.  Recommendations for longer periods of time reflect older information given from what we consider to be overly conservative agencies, including the U.S. CDC, and reflect older, out of date research.

Bottom line- as you have already been told- believe your test result, it is conclusive.
"

- Dr. Edward Hook
I've got news for you, you were missinformed and if you paid for that advice you need to collect your money back. There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months post exposure if you have had a REAL risk.

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 05:25:51 pm »
I've got news for you, you were missinformed and if you paid for that advice you need to collect your money back. There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test result earlier than 3 months post exposure if you have had a REAL risk.

Whatever man.

I've seen you quote Dr. H.H.H. and Dr. Edward Hook repeatedly in this forum.

Now you disagree with them?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »
Have a good day.  :)

Offline Giancarlo2

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »
I tried answering the PM you sent me but you disabled it.

Here's my right to response:

The doctors have explained in detail several times why they believe duo tests give reliable results much earlier than normal antibody tests.

Also, in their 30 year experience, they have never met anyone who tested negative at 6-8 weeks and then positive after.

Regarding the 3 month guideline, how did they come up with that number anyway? Why 13 weeks and not, let's say, 10 weeks?

"Your ObG is being overly conservative, or is just is not up to speed on how rapidly modern HIV tests become positive. No experts recommend 6 months, and fewer and fewer recommend even 3 months as necessary. Last November I attended a large medical meeting in which 300+ HIV/AIDS experts were asked if they had had any patients in the past 5 years who took more than 6-8 weeks to turn positive. Not one person raised his or her hand." - Dr. HHH
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:59:10 pm by Giancarlo2 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »
The testing guidelines are set by the manufactures of the tests. 3 months post exposure is the guidelines.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »
Giancarlo, we're not here to argue with you. We continue to follow the recommendation of the CDC which is to test for a conclusive negative result at 3 months.

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert with do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. 3 months testing is to capture that very small number who may for various reasons not show as positive until then. And at 3 months all generations of HIV tests in current usage will yield a reliable result.

We're not going to debate this issue with you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.