Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:48:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 213
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1621514 times)

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #1150 on: October 24, 2012, 12:45:45 am »
I have a recipe for apple crisp that is so delicious it will make you cry.  It is from my brother-in-law's family.  They are from Boston, descendants of Brahmins, and supposedly this recipe has been handed down since the times of Samuel Adams (but I think that's just family folklore).

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline nixsmail

« Reply #1151 on: October 24, 2012, 12:52:21 am »
I have a recipe for apple crisp that is so delicious it will make you cry.  It is from my brother-in-law's family.  They are from Boston, descendants of Brahmins, and supposedly this recipe has been handed down since the times of Samuel Adams (but I think that's just family folklore).

you should put the recipe in the next edition of the recipe book here, or as an alternative share it now. always looking for something sweet before or in bed
09/05/07 Officially diagnosed +4yrs at the time
11/06/07 CD4 624 (18%) VL 43,200
05/04/09 CD4 272 (15%) VL 521,190
06/10/09 CD4 127 (13%) VL 626,376 Started Truvada/Prezista/Norvir
07/15/09 CD4 849 (20%) VL 379
09/09/09 CD4 594 (21%) VL 68
01/28/10 CD4 706 (23%) VL 127
05/27/10 CD4 655 (22%) VL 322
07/29/10 CD4 750 (22%) VL 220
10/22/10 CD4 669 (23%) VL 65
12/27/10 CD4 720 (24%) VL 270
03/08/11 CD4 644 (23%) VL 631
07/27/11 CD4 694 (23%) VL <20
03/09/12 CD4 601 (20%) VL UND
11/07/12 CD4 693 (23%) VL UND
04/17/13 CD4 559 (23%) VL UND
11/07/13 CD4 846 (24%) VL UND
03/28/14 CD4 869 (24%) VL UND

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1152 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:04 am »

Henry, please pm me the recipe.  I would appreciate it!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #1153 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:46 am »
We trick or treated in the 60's and 70's.  Was it the early 70's all those scare stories started.  We were in a standard, stable, middle middle class track housing suburb. My mom never policed our haul, not once.  I think we sometimes self edited after those rumors. "You going to eat that apple, Bobby, there might be a RAZOR in it!"  There were always a few kids who like stuff you didn't like. THere were always weird families who gave out weird homemade treats and some of us like it and some didn't.  I liked popcorn balls usually. Getting a candy apple or two was always welcome. One lady wrapped hers, they were more convenient - thrown in the pillow case with the rest. We would trade candy to get what we wanted.  I saw 4 german kids doing this with a huge pile of Carnival candy in Cologne.

I was too old for trick or treating when the adults started to get all difficult and complicated and involved and PC or righteous and basically Type A anal control freaks about too much.  THey would designate an "official trick or treat night" that was sometimes NOT Halloween.  Fools. Cause those years, the young ones would go out on both nights.  And people who were NOT control freak adults would give candy on both nights, because how could you refuse a kid who knocks on your door on the actual halloween.

They tried to fuck with "mischief night" as well.

Let it be said, I am 100% against Home Schooling, logical culmination of control freak parents (who act like bratty babies) and dont let their children explore.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:14:39 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #1154 on: October 24, 2012, 07:52:22 am »
We trick or treated in the 60's and 70's.  Was it the early 70's all those scare stories started.  We were in a standard, stable, middle middle class track housing suburb. My mom never policed our haul, not once.  I think we sometimes self edited after those rumors. "You going to eat that apple, Bobby, there might be a RAZOR in it!"  There were always a few kids who like stuff you didn't like. THere were always weird families who gave out weird homemade treats and some of us like it and some didn't.  I liked popcorn balls usually. Getting a candle apple or two was always welcome. One lady wrapped hers, they were more convenient - thrown in the pillow case with the rest. We would trade candy to get what we wanted.  I saw 4 german kids doing this with a huge pile of Carnival candy in Cologne.

I was too old for trick or treating when the adults started to get all difficult and complicated and involved and PC or righteous and basically Type A anal control freaks about too much.  THey would designate an "official trick or treat night" that was sometimes NOT Halloween.  Fools. Cause those years, the young ones would go out on both nights.  And people who were NOT control freak adults would give candy on both nights, because how could you refuse a kid who knocks on your door on the actual halloween.

Let it be said, I am 100% against Home Schooling, logical culmination of control freak parents (who act like bratty babies) and dont let their children explore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

Where is Rod Serling??

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #1155 on: October 24, 2012, 10:23:46 am »
omg... SO FULL OF EXTRA WIN!

Guilhermina, you need to go and try out this out. But looking at the menu this is just so sacrilegious -- jalapenos on a cheesesteak?

That said, I think I may go procure a proper cheesesteak for lunch today. Pics 2 follow.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1156 on: October 24, 2012, 10:25:19 am »
We trick or treated in the 60's and 70's.  Was it the early 70's all those scare stories started.  We were in a standard, stable, middle middle class track housing suburb. My mom never policed our haul, not once.  I think we sometimes self edited after those rumors. "You going to eat that apple, Bobby, there might be a RAZOR in it!"  There were always a few kids who like stuff you didn't like. THere were always weird families who gave out weird homemade treats and some of us like it and some didn't.  I liked popcorn balls usually. Getting a candy apple or two was always welcome. One lady wrapped hers, they were more convenient - thrown in the pillow case with the rest. We would trade candy to get what we wanted.  I saw 4 german kids doing this with a huge pile of Carnival candy in Cologne.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1157 on: October 24, 2012, 10:30:41 am »
omg... SO FULL OF EXTRA WIN!

Guilhermina, you need to go and try out this out. But looking at the menu this is just so sacrilegious -- jalapenos on a cheesesteak?

That said, I think I may go procure a proper cheesesteak for lunch today. Pics 2 follow.

Oh ghurl please. I used to eat at the Original Texadelphia on the UT Campus at least once a week, That being said I have not had one in a few years and now that I see they are in SA I will trot out and grab one.

As far as proper, yes you people may have "invented" the Philly Cheesesteak, but we took it upon ourselves to improve and make it better by adding jalapenos and other fab stuff to it. You are welcome.  ;)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1158 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:06 am »

As far as proper, yes you people may have "invented" the Philly Cheesesteak, but we took it upon ourselves to improve and make it better by adding jalapenos and other fab stuff to it. You are welcome.  ;)

Please Mary, like you've ever set foot in the City of Brotherly Love. Much less sampled any of our superlative sandwiches which routinely win national competitions on the Food Network.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1160 on: October 24, 2012, 10:40:33 am »
Please Mary, like you've ever set foot in the City of Brotherly Love.

I've been to Philadelphia, even have a pictar of me next to that bell . As a matter of fact, I've been to every state in the union, and most every large city (and have pics to prove it).  How do you like 'dem apples?

This may help . http://tmq2.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/the-real-meaning-behind-mecca-lecca-high-mecca-hiney-ho/

LMAO. Yes, thanks for clearing that up,

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:43:59 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1161 on: October 24, 2012, 10:48:03 am »
I've been to Philadelphia, even have a pictar of me next to that bell .

You were probably 5 years old.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1162 on: October 24, 2012, 11:03:55 am »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1163 on: October 24, 2012, 11:14:24 am »
Perhaps we were in the wrong part of Philly, but I hated it.  Bill only allowed me to drive for about 10 minutes because I kept running traffics lights.  They were on poles on the side of the roads instead of overhead.  They blended in with all the other lights.

Once we got the apartment that the hospital rented for us, I thought I would be able to relax.  Within 5 minutes I spotted a huge roach and did the age appropriate, drama queen screech and declared we were leaving.  I never returned.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1164 on: October 24, 2012, 11:20:36 am »
I would never judge Salt Lick in such a manner.

Can we assume this was over a decade ago before our fair city's surge of urban gentrification?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1165 on: October 24, 2012, 11:25:09 am »
I would never judge Salt Lick in such a manner.

Can we assume this was over a decade ago before our fair city's surge of urban gentrification?

It was in the mid 90's, so perhaps much has changed. 

How can you possibly judge a place named "Licking".   :o

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1166 on: October 24, 2012, 11:31:06 am »
I will also kindly remind our gentle readers, in the spirit of the impending candy holiday, that both candy corn and Peeps were invented in Pennsylvania :) And, of course, Reese’s, chocolate kisses, Almond Joys, Mounds, York Peppermint Patties, Kit Kats and the original Hershey bar...

It was in the mid 90's, so perhaps much has changed. 

Maybe you were going to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and they they put you up in slummy West Philly? It's a great hospital but I'd not want to reside around it, at least not north of it. South is fine as that's the University of PA which is an Ivy League institution. Why did you have to come all the way here in the first place?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:41:22 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1167 on: October 24, 2012, 11:42:10 am »
Why did you have to come all the way here in the first place?

Bill was charged with implementing a perpetual inventory system for the medical supplies department.  They expected it'd take about 3 months.  At the time, I worked 4 , 10 hour days which would allow me to come for long weekends.  It was decided that instead, he'd just come home every other weekend. 

Not sure what medical facility/hospital it was, but I'm sure it was pretty close to the west side.  It was kinda scary looking, but then again, any city is if you're from the hills. ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1168 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:23 am »
It was kinda scary looking, but then again, any city is if you're from the hills. ;D

This is the key :)

And on that note, can you believe that my parents haven't come to visit me since 2003? I think they will change that early next spring for the Flower Show. Evidently the theme this year is British. The Flower Show is a super Big Deal here, supposedly the largest of its kind in the world and almost 200 years old. I just avoid going downtown that week it's so out of control.

I'm thinking of putting them up at a hotel in the gay area -- do you think they can handle that?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1169 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:48 pm »
Lunch! A real cheesesteak, and a lovely cannoli from Philadelphia's best Italian Bakery, Termini Bros.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1170 on: October 24, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »
I had a microwave corn dog that was still cold in the middle for lunch .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1171 on: October 24, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »

That's really gross. I hope you popped some imodium.

ps: I've still not taken a shit since my polyps-filled colonoscopy. Since they'll probably tell me I will die of cancer next week I figure I better pig out.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1172 on: October 24, 2012, 03:01:04 pm »
That's really gross. I hope you popped some imodium.

ps: I've still not taken a shit since my polyps-filled colonoscopy. Since they'll probably tell me I will die of cancer next week I figure I better pig out.

I already told you its not cancer or polyps , its Dominican speed bumps . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1173 on: October 24, 2012, 03:10:19 pm »
I already told you its not cancer or polyps , its Dominican speed bumps . 

You seem to be confusing anal dysplasia with colon polyps. A cock, no matter how large, does not go where your colon is. Is your colorectal specialist actually a graduate from a local beauticians' school?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1174 on: October 24, 2012, 03:21:12 pm »
You seem to be confusing anal dysplasia with colon polyps. A cock, no matter how large, does not go where your colon is. Is your colorectal specialist actually a graduate from a local beauticians' school?

My mistake ... and no , they are not beauticians and never have offered a comb out when I bend over for them . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1175 on: October 24, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »
My mistake ... and no , they are not beauticians and never have offered a comb out when I bend over for them . 

Do you shave your crack hair to prevent dingleberries?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1176 on: October 24, 2012, 03:28:22 pm »
Do you shave your crack hair to prevent dingleberries?

Naw ... I slide down the banister naked twice a week . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1177 on: October 24, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »

LMAO.

btw, I had not ever tasted a Cannoli until this last visit to Virginia. It was one of those frozen ones, but nevertheless it was delish. I would love to try a real homemade one like the one above.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1178 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:26 pm »
I had not ever tasted a Cannoli until this last visit to Virginia. It was one of those frozen ones, but nevertheless it was delish. I would love to try a real homemade one like the one above.

Lame girl, lame. A cannoli must be fresh, and by that I mean specifically the ricotta filling because otherwise it makes the pastry shell soggy! So it's all about an old school shop that only fills the shell per order, like the one I went to.

Now, do you know what torrone is?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1179 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:49 pm »

Now, do you know what torrone is?

It looks like Divinity..https://lammes.com/product.php?web_item_id=110 which my mom used to bring home when she worked at Lammes Candies when I was a kiddo. the recipe for Divinity, as rumor has it, was sent down by God himself.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:29:06 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1180 on: October 24, 2012, 07:32:08 pm »
It looks like Divinity..https://lammes.com/product.php?web_item_id=110 which my mom used to bring home when she worked at Lammes Candies when I was a kiddo. the recipe for Divinity, as rumor has it, was sent down by God himself.

My grandmother made that every year, specifically I recall her going on and on about how humidity levels can ruin it on the day you make it. As you know, someone from Virginia is more Southern than someone from Texas. There aren't cowboys in a true Southerner's bones.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1181 on: October 24, 2012, 07:42:33 pm »
As you know, someone from Virginia is more Southern than someone from Texas. There aren't cowboys in a true Southerner's bones.

whatevs Sally.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1182 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:26 pm »
http://crenospizzaco.com/

Wolfie just finished a small pizza delivered by the custest delivery feller.  I ate all but one piece.

Just plain cheese and jalapenos....heaven on earth I tell ya.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1183 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:26 pm »

I'm thinking of putting them up at a hotel in the gay area -- do you think they can handle that?

Not knowing them, I'd probably think they're ok with it if they can handle you being their son and coming to visit. ;D

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1184 on: October 24, 2012, 08:08:11 pm »
http://crenospizzaco.com/

Wolfie just finished a small pizza delivered by the custest delivery feller.  I ate all but one piece.

Just plain cheese and jalapenos....heaven on earth I tell ya.

Oh God, that sounds good. I was going to just have a sensible protein shake (a real one,  perverts) for dinner, but now Im jones'n for a pizza  :P
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1185 on: October 24, 2012, 08:17:51 pm »
Miss P is about to cook fresh wild mushroom ravioli, which will then be coated in virgin olive oil and sprinkled with grated Sicilian pepato. Then I will have a slice of Bitch Cake for dessert. ::)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:19:46 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1186 on: October 24, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »
Miss P is about to cook fresh wild mushroom ravioli, which will then be coated in virgin olive oil and sprinkled with grated Sicilian pepato.

Chef Boyardee?????   Put down the can opener and order a pizza. ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1187 on: October 24, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »
Chef Boyardee?????   Put down the can opener and order a pizza. ;)

I said "fresh" darling. It's Buitoni -- I think they advertise on Top Chef. Don't you have that where you live? Their spicy beef and pork is delish too, but I don't buy their sauces I just use olive oil.

There's a newish pizza place around here I need to go try -- specifically it's Mexican pizza so I've been iffy. Anyway, the only place that makes good pizza are places in Brooklyn.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1188 on: October 24, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »
Then I will have a slice of Bitch Cake for dessert. ::)

WIN.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1189 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:41 pm »
I will have a slice of Bitch Cake for dessert. ::)

That is best served with a side of cattiness.

Offline ds4146

« Reply #1190 on: October 24, 2012, 10:45:47 pm »
After a very long day at work, I am fixing a chop coated with mayo, mustard, which I made, roasted potatoes and squash, hubbard, the blue type. Much better than a tub of fake "fresh" Buitoni that "just need a toss of Olive Oil." Crap.

I guess I am just being bitchy! Off to watch the latest episode of Revenge in preparation of the possibility you all chose to come West for the Gathering.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #1191 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:37 pm »
Much better than a tub of fake "fresh" Buitoni that "just need a toss of Olive Oil." Crap.

I guess I am just being bitchy!

So not fetch.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #1192 on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »
I am fixing a chop coated with mayo, mustard, which I made, , hubbard, the blue type. M

Why cant I understand you people anymore! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline wolfter

« Reply #1193 on: October 24, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »
Why cant I understand you people anymore! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

As I've mentioned throughout this thread, I don't know what you all are talking about half the time. :o

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #1194 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:10 pm »
LMAO.

btw, I had not ever tasted a Cannoli until this last visit to Virginia. It was one of those frozen ones, but nevertheless it was delish. I would love to try a real homemade one like the one above.

-W

You really need to step out of your comfort zone, sweetie.  I had some delish blintzes for lunch today: I had one of each: filled with pork, cream cheese, and cherry to offset my awesome veggie rolls since I figured I needed to give those Cantina Bowls a rest.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #1195 on: October 25, 2012, 07:39:43 am »

This may help . http://tmq2.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/the-real-meaning-behind-mecca-lecca-high-mecca-hiney-ho/

Did you happen to look at his more recent blog posts? The guy is a raving lunatic tea-bagger extraordinaire. Ick.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1196 on: October 25, 2012, 07:59:12 am »
Did you happen to look at his more recent blog posts? The guy is a raving lunatic tea-bagger extraordinaire. Ick.

I was hoping against hope nobody would notice LOL . I went with the first link I found on Pee Wees play house , later I went back and ick was my third or fourth utterance after some other choice words and phrases . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #1197 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:21 am »
I was hoping against hope nobody would notice LOL . I went with the first link I found on Pee Wees play house , later I went back and ick was my third or fourth utterance after some other choice words and phrases . 

I only noticed because I noticed his nasty "Nobama" crap in the right-hand side-bar (which he posted back in '08 on election day) and I had to see if he was still of the same mind-set, or if he had abandoned his blog due to lack of real things to complain about where Obama is concerned. But no, he's one rabid ... individual. I'm trying to play nice and not post the real words I'm thinking. People like him scare the shit out of me.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #1198 on: October 25, 2012, 08:43:24 am »
I was going for Mecca Lecca High Mecca Hiney Ho!’ from Pee wee's playhouse , I was going to take it down but I had been quoted by then .

I try and read sites with differentnt opinion than mine but not crap like that , it makes me too angry I'm sorry I got your blood going this morning my dear Ann . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #1199 on: October 25, 2012, 11:54:36 am »

I try and read sites with differentnt opinion than mine but not crap like that , it makes me too angry I'm sorry I got your blood going this morning my dear Ann . 

No worries, sweetie. If it wasn't that particular link, it would have been another. I can't remember ever being so worked up about an upcoming election - not even the 1980 election that gave us Reagan. I was out every day on the KSU campus taking part in protests during the election lead-up that year and I thought I was as pissed off then as I ever could be where politics are concerned - boy was I wrong. This election is pissing me off and scaring me in pretty much equal measures and I'd have to lock my laptop in a safe along with my telly and radio and not buy newspapers to avoid shit that gets my blood going where this is concerned. But hell, it's nearly as good as a cardiovascular workout. ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:56:54 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.