Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:58:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 289
Total: 289

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: advise needed please  (Read 5669 times)

Offline miket08

advise needed please
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:32:17 pm »
hi guys

i recently posted this on another forum, but didnt quite get the advise i was requiring (re getting tested).

i recently visitied a gay massage parlour in thailand. im now paranoid that i have contracted HIV. whilst im aware that the stats say i will be absolutely fine (as there was NO anal sex and NO oral sex at all... either protected or unprotected) i still cant help worrying that perhaps there is a possibility and am struggling to cope with this.

the venue was very clean and both the worker and myself showered separtetly before the massage
the massage commenced, after about 5 minutes the worker rimmed me for a period of about 3 mins.. then fingered me for a minute... followed by some frottage. soon after the massage continued. then the worker had to go to the toilet, however i did hear him wash his hands. he came back and continued the massage.

soon after he commenced fingering me quite fast and we mutually masturbated. there was no anal sex or even oral however my concerns lie with;
-fingering. im aware the risk is extremely low (or non existant). but what if there was a bit of pre-*** on his fingers or even a bit of cum after we masturbated (pretty sure the fingering stopped as soon as he cummed anyway, but cant exactly remember) i did not see any wounds or marks on his fingers that i can recall
-when we mutually masturbated, he did come over my chest some landed on my genital area. however im positive none landed near the anus or urethra. if it did land on the urethra is there a risk?
-also as it was in thailand is my risk greater? i have heard 1 in 4 people in the massage/sex industry are HIV positive.

soon after climax we cleaned up, i showered and left.

ive never been with another partner and hence i believe my risk if very low, and never done this sort of thing before. should i get tested, or should i just stop worrying about this and move on (as others have advised me)? it was over 10 days ago now and i have not had any other signs of STDS (ie from the rimming)

My question is, besides putting my mind at rest, do i need to have a HIV test at all given there was no oral or anal intercourse?

regards

mike

Offline RapidRod

Re: advise needed please
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:24:51 am »
You were never at risk and you do not need an HIV test. Take the time to read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:12:28 am »
Absolutely nothing you have described put you at risk for HIV transmission. The only real, proven risks for sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you use a condom everytime for those activities you will be well protected. For everything else sexual the risks are strictly theoretical.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern about this incident as far as HIV is concerned.

Cheers. 
Andy Velez

Offline miket08

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:40:49 am »
thanks guys. so i wont bother with a test.
ann, would you agree too?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 06:01:41 pm »
How many responses do you need to collect to let go of this unwarranted concern?

Ann is not going to tell you anything different than you have already heard.

Testing is NOT necessary. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline miket08

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 10:32:07 pm »
ok andy. i understand what your saying.

it just plays on your mind constantly though.. the whole 'what if' scenario. your advise on this site is very clear and comes down to unprotective anal/vaginal sex as the main HIV transmission source, however other informaton on sites is not so lenient, telling people in my situation to get checked etc.

you have put my mind to rest though, as i cant find any cases of a similar scenario as mine where HIV has been contracted.

ill try hard to get over it and wont bother with a test.

Offline miket08

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 05:25:31 pm »
hi,

i have two more questions
1) has anyone ever been infected with HIV by fingering anus if the recepiant was exposed to tiny amounts of precum from the finger of the person doing the fingering?
2) are there any known cases of contracting HIV from frottage where the penis was rubbed around the anal area but no penetration took place?

per my previous advise from a number of sources im not going to get tested, due to my zero risk activity, but was just interested in the above as these are the 'what if's' that still play on my mind

regards

mike

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 05:29:13 pm »
No, neither of those what ifs have ever produced confirmed cases of infection. If you keep surfing other sites and sources and indulging your what ifs, believe me you are going to exactly what will feed your fears. All to no good purpose of course.

We've given you the real deal here. What you do with that information is up to you.
Andy Velez

Offline miket08

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 05:39:22 pm »
agree. paranoia took over there for a while. logging off now and getting on with my life.. learnt a valuable lesson from this though thats for sure.

Offline miket08

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 04:11:49 am »
Hi Andy, Ann or Rapidrod,

Sorry to write again. whilst i know all the stats say im at no risk and dont need testing at all, the mind can be very harsh in a situation like this. i cant get it off my mind except for when im asleep. all day i think about it.. im searching for symptoms or awaiting the inevitable all the time. its driving me nuts.

the 'what ifs' such as 'could some precum exposure to the anal area infect' or 'did the frottage get some precum in the anal area' etc etc play on my mind constantly. yes, in reality i know this is not the case (and even if it did would not transmit HIV) and its probably a one in a million chance of contracting HIV given the activites that took place. i think because it was in thailand in essence plays on my mind at all as i have heard so many stories.

my question therefore is do you know of any forum or avenue online to discuss these mind games and help me get over this?  A test would of course give a conclusive answer, but not sure if i can wait this long. the event was just over two weeks ago. wondering what you have advised people in similar situations previously... if anything (besides just getting tested!)?

thanks again, mike
p.s; promise last post! this forum has been very helpful. without it im not sure what i would have done! i have by far found it the most informative, and to the point, information on HIV on the net!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:46 am »
Seek professional help. You need one on one help, not the Internet.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 09:49:42 am »
We can only make evaluations here of risk and suggest accordingly.

This is not a place for you to meaningfully address your unfounded fears. As Rod suggested, that's something to address in private with a counselor or other mental health professional.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.