Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:01:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 372
Total: 373

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: feeling "wiped out" is minor compared...  (Read 3804 times)

Offline mitch777

feeling "wiped out" is minor compared...
« on: October 19, 2009, 06:26:16 pm »
Hi again, other than feeling a major lack of energy and having a "fuzzy-brain-so i can't really think ""straight"" most of the time" has been the worst so far in 27 years. Lately (the past 9 months) my general liver tests have been slightly above the norm. Have i just been lucky?
i do have the advantage of being lucky in love with a partner that was willing and mostly able to take over the work load in running a retail business. need to keep our health insurance to pay for the meds and hope to be able to save for retirement in the next 12 years. after reading so many people struggling on this site i am wondering if my expectations are realistic and also wonder if any of you seem to be in a similar place. thanks for any advice!
mitch
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: feeling "wiped out" is minor compared...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:46:26 pm »
Hi Mitch,
your description off being wiped out is very very familiar.If it lasts for longer than 2 weeks I tend to visit my clinic and get my tests done. At other times I have had to conclude that depression has kicked in and sought therapeutic help . have found one to one and support groups useful. Other times it seems that I just have to ride it out.
Oh and do you remember the Tee shirt slogan...I can,t even think straight
Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline rioz

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:59:29 pm »
Hi Mitch,

I find it to be a real struggle to be active and I cycle in and out of energetic states. When I push myself physically, my muscles get sore and I generally ache all over. But during this time i feel full of energy. Then I pull back into a generally disinterested state with no energy or desire to do anything. I believe  it is multifocal. Depression, HIV damage, pharma effects, aging, to name a few. I try to be Zen about it and live in the moment.

Michael, what tee shirt slogan?

Best wishes to all, Richard
Living with HIV since 1985
Living with AIDS since 2007

Truvada, Lexiva, Norvir, Levothyroxine, Testim, Sertraline, Crestor

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:00:48 pm »
Best wishes to the newcomer to the site. I hope you feel welcome and feel free to ask any kind of AIDS question you want to. Jerry : )
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.