Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:25:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In pot we trust........  (Read 39981 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: In pot we trust........
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 07:25:40 pm »
I got 5 on it.... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 02:43:16 pm »
Hypothesis:
Alarmist reports about marijuana will turn out to be wildly exaggerated and in some cases completely fictitious. Obvious inconsistencies will be overlooked by the press and widely available contrary evidence will be ignored.

Methodology:
I read various stories about marijuana and used basic logic and reasoning to determine whether their conclusions made any sense. In some cases, I used Google and other sources to search for other information that contradicted seemingly dubious claims.

Fake Findings:
>Marijuana Increases the Risk of Psychosis by 40%: This one turned out to be totally wrong. Apparently a correlation between marijuana use and psychosis doesn't necessarily mean that marijuana caused the psychosis. Many of the researchers made this clear in their findings, but reporters left it out. Furthermore, none of the stories on this topic explained that the risk of psychosis is small, so a 40% increase isn't that significant to begin with. Reporters also failed to observe that massive increases in marijuana use over the past century have not corresponded with increased rates of psychosis.

Smoking a Joint is as Bad For Your Lungs as 5 Cigarettes: This report also turned out to be almost entirely bogus. Shockingly, "air flow" was the only category (of several) in which marijuana was determined to be more harmful. Researchers stated that marijuana was 2.5 to 5 times more harmful than tobacco in this category, which reporters simply rounded up to 5 for the headline (behold the lofty journalistic standards of Reuters). Reporters also failed to mention conclusive research proving that marijuana does not cause lung cancer; a notable omission since "bad for your lungs" likely implies cancer for many readers. Finally, media reports failed to explain that marijuana users consume far less per day, and do not continue using for nearly as many years as tobacco smokers.

Marijuana May Cause Skin Cancer: I don't know anything about skin cancer, so I won't attempt to refute the findings of this Harvard study. The manner in which it was reported, however, leaves much to be desired. The FOX News headline reads "Study: Marijuana Use May Cause Skin Cancer." Only upon reading the article does the reader discover that only one extremely rare form of skin cancer has been associated with marijuana, and that the researchers claim that more research is needed. Furthermore, only people with weakened immune systems are even susceptible to this infection. A more appropriate headline would have been "Study: Marijuana May Cause Skin Cancer Under Very Rare Circumstances."

Conclusions:
Reading coverage of marijuana research in the mainstream press increases the risk of becoming misinformed by 50-300%. More research is clearly needed to identify further sources of flawed marijuana reporting. The risk of bad reporting remains stable despite concerted efforts to inform the media that hysterical claims about marijuana frequently lack scientific merit. Exposure to poorly researched news about marijuana is correlated with support for costly, ineffective, highly punitive marijuana laws.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2007/aug/01/new_study_marijuana_does_not_cau

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2007, 01:16:19 pm »
Too bad we can't make our own commercials....sort of like the one called The Truth...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline dixieman

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2007, 05:22:09 pm »
Oh... I do want to warn everyone.. before you smoke your weed... please put your green in the microwave for about 10 secounds or a few less.. this helps kill bacteria and fungus... that may infect your lungs... this is a good precaution to take... then smoke on...

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2007, 05:25:32 pm »
Oh... I do want to warn everyone.. before you smoke your weed... please put your green in the microwave for about 10 secounds or a few less.. this helps kill bacteria and fungus... that may infect your lungs... this is a good precaution to take... then smoke on...

very true for those who do not have access to high grade medical cannabis...another reason why we must STOP THE INSANITY!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 01:55:49 pm »
I had no idea this many people smoked! Everytime I even mention smoking to someone else who is poz they just look at me like I have 5 heads or something. Looks like I am in good company here :D

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 02:51:40 pm »
I had no idea this many people smoked! Everytime I even mention smoking to someone else who is poz they just look at me like I have 5 heads or something. Looks like I am in good company here :D
                                                                                   Hello, HealthyMomma.   Welcome to the forums. Seems like lots of us smoke. I  have for 22 years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.  You are in great company here, even the ones that don't smoke are great people.  Enjoy.  Cristy(edited cause this bag is really good)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:20:09 pm by cjc »

Offline cayucosguy

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 03:02:18 pm »
Well, I'm not going to be without my favorite medicine... smoke-out in room ?? at AMG'07!

But seriously, it truly is the only way I can get through the nausea and tingles (neuropathy).  Marinol just makes me sick to my stomach and gives me cramps.

Glad to see that so many others here believe in the natural way to alleviate discomfort and paini!

Vince

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 03:16:38 pm »

Hi there HealthyMomma,

I am curious to know why they look at you so strange.  Marijuana is proven to be extremely beneficial treating nausea.  There are studies done that also show that in a controlled group study, those who used marijuana had a higher Cd4 count and lower VL.  I'm not saying that cannabis will boost your Cd4 but because it treats nausea, the group using cannabis ate and that has a direct impact on their health.
Also studies have proven the benefits of marijuana to treat PN.

Vince-
we can go to the Vapor Room and chill there, just make sure you have you MMC with you.

Rich
(who is a MAJOR Medical Marijuana activist and wonders if Big Brother is watching him)  ::) 

Offline HealthyMomma

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 10:00:43 pm »
Thank you for the welcome. I just joined here and think I'm getting addicted already! lol I am not sure why everyone thinks I'm crazy. But, for one, I don't know very many people who are poz so maybe thats one reason, but the people that I know are poz think I am crazy. Talking about how its a drug and blah blah blah... I would much rather smoke pot then drink...which is not a great thing to do to a liver thats being abused by the meds ya know?!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2007, 01:04:52 am »
Hey Momma~~~

Trust me sister, no one here talks about weed more than me. I have earned the names Queen Tokelove and GQ which stands for Green Queen. I was given these names from people here. I have been smoking since I was 15 and am now 38. I don't front, it started out to be recreational but now it helps me to eat. Maybe someday we can compare notes or whatever.

Rich~~~ They don't want us, we are just peons in the game. They want the growers of fields...Ahhh, my field of dreams.... ;D...*stops and looks at clock*...It's time to spark another one.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Dan J.

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 08:57:10 am »
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=jrrsuzdw0g

Marihuana 1936 propoganda film.

:D :D :D :D ??? ::)

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 09:20:03 am »
 ::) I agree that any plant substance that can help others should be available, BUT my issue is the "smoke" which harms the lungs. Sure you make fix the side-effect of meds issue, but are you causing more damage to your lungs and body.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:33 am »
Everytime I even mention smoking to someone else who is poz they just look at me like I have 5 heads or something.

well if they get mad and start to lecture you, just say "make peace with the pipe baby" and walk away

Dan J.

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:48 am »
I don't smoke pot anymore. I make brownies instead!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 03:48:08 pm »
::) I agree that any plant substance that can help others should be available, BUT my issue is the "smoke" which harms the lungs. Sure you make fix the side-effect of meds issue, but are you causing more damage to your lungs and body.

that is why there are VAPORIZERS

http://marijuanavaporizer.com/benefits.html

Rich
(who will always find a way to remove any thing that can be used against medical marijuana )

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 03:57:51 pm »
I am forever hung on a government that will insist there is not a medicinal benefit to marijuana while licensing its sale in pill form through pharma companies.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 04:07:25 pm »
I am forever hung on a government that will insist there is not a medicinal benefit to marijuana while licensing its sale in pill form through pharma companies.
even better...they allow cocaine and opiates to be prescribed and distributed.

the bottom line is:

a) there is too much money to be lost by big corporations and government with the legalization of cannabis (it is food, medicine, paper, clothing, oil for industry and probably fuel as well)
b) it is a purely racist law...just read the history of the criminalization of marijuana

Rich
(whose mother fears he will be on national TV one day for all to know he is an HIV+ pothead...lol)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 04:09:20 pm »
even better...they allow cocaine and opiates to be prescribed and distributed.

So what's it take to score a good coke scrip?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »
PS-  I am a bit lost on how it can be "too profitable" to allow for all these wholesome purposes.  Wouldn't that jump start the economy in a righteous way?  What?  Afraid people will simply grow it themselves and do it themselves?  Perhaps.  But never underestimate the laziness of Americans.  Especially if they have some weed to smoke. 

The racist crap I can buy right away. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 04:17:42 pm »
Today, cocaine is a Schedule II drug --  but can be administered by a doctor for legitimate medical uses, such as a local anesthetic for certain eye, ear, and throat surgeries.

Rich
(who knows more than he cares to know about drugs in general) ::)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 04:25:21 pm »
PS-  I am a bit lost on how it can be "too profitable" to allow for all these wholesome purposes.  Wouldn't that jump start the economy in a righteous way?  What?  Afraid people will simply grow it themselves and do it themselves?  Perhaps.  But never underestimate the laziness of Americans.  Especially if they have some weed to smoke. 

The racist crap I can buy right away. 

I wasn't very clear on the profit thing.

Hemp is better suited for paper manufacturing than the trees we cut down today.  The entire paper industry pays the government big bucks to keep Hemp illegal ( mind you Hemp can not get you high, it is for industrial purposes only).  Same can be said about the textile industry ( hemp is an even better natural fiber than cotton).

The pharma industry....well, cannabis is better than any manufactured medicine out there for the treatment of PN, nausea, glaucoma, MS and other degenerative muscle disorders.  That is MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars they would lose.

It is all about the mighty $$$$$$$, and white republican men of course...lol :P

Rich
(who will find a way of blaming republicans anytime he can)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 05:14:35 pm »
More on interpreting Hazy Warnings About Pot and Mental Illness...

here is more on that bogus article about pot and psychosis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-armentano-and-mitch-earleywine/interpreting-hazy-warning_b_59543.html

Rich

Dan J.

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2007, 07:35:03 pm »
How long does THC stay in your system? & I wonder if any of those concoctions you can take to flush yourself out would interfear with my HIV meds?

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2007, 08:00:18 pm »
I think that pot probably has great medical use, but I personally can not stand the smell.

Till this day I have not tried it.
A couple of my friends do it and some of their parents too.
Its super weird how they go out by the pool and sit and lounge smoking pot with like the kids jumping in the pool and the dog barking.

My girlfriend was telling me what would I do if the doctor told me to smoke pot 3 times a day because of its benefits or because i had to.

I told her I probably could not do it. The smell is repulsive!
She then said, "well you dont know what it feels like to be high" lol

I am all for the medical use of POT, but personally I don't consent with the use of pot as a recreational drug.

And to kinda bring up a point about pot.... I know that in a bar people fight when drunk, and if your stoned you probably wouldnt. But drunk or stoned get behind the wheel of the car and you have a bad combo...
Its a very commong happening in Miami - (Nicole Richie confessed to be smoking pot and she went into oncoming traffic on the highway-- that was priceless)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2007, 08:11:36 pm »
Queen, please.  Nicole Richie was probably on smack again when she, um...smacked into the tree or car or whatever it was. 

And yes, I noticed from either your MySpace or your bio that you are generally "against things that are socially taboo" or something to that effect.

Which was an odd read under an avalanche of photos of a queen with a cigarette dangling from her lips.

Just sayin'.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 08:14:43 pm »
A smoke is not bad. Aside it makes a great picture. Once again pick on someone your own age.....  ;) I am just expressing my views. thats what forums are for.

Queen, please.  Nicole Richie was probably on smack again when she, um...smacked into the tree or car or whatever it was. 

And yes, I noticed from either your MySpace or your bio that you are generally "against things that are socially taboo" or something to that effect.

Which was an odd read under an avalanche of photos of a queen with a cigarette dangling from her lips.

Just sayin'.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 08:14:59 pm »
I don't appreciate drug use, abuse of alcohol, or anything that is social taboo.

There it is.  From your bio.

Hate to tell ya.  Buttsex?  It's still pretty taboo.

Buttsex with cigarettes?

I'll pray for you.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 08:16:17 pm »
Well not as much as drug use.

There it is.  From your bio.

Hate to tell ya.  Buttsex?  It's still pretty taboo.

Buttsex with cigarettes?

I'll pray for you.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 08:17:30 pm »
I guess weed affects people differently as I have found out. Nicole Richie was more than likely doing something else besides pot, I wouldn't doubt it. I drive all the time when high and has no problem with it. I only drink on occasion and if I am smoking too then most definitely I will not drive. If someone had to worry about me behind the wheel it would have to be if I was upset because I notice I tend to drive faster when pissed.

It is a person's choice if they want to smoke weed. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with recreational smoking of weed. I don't think people that smoke weed should be made to look like lazy idiots which is what the anti drug commercials portray. In Pot We Trust shows how people need it medicinally but even still they were able to function or it made it possible to function. I think pot gets the bad rap for all other drugs out there. I don't buy it is a gateway drug. I think people try drugs to experiment.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »
A smoke is not bad. Aside it makes a great picture.

You don't have to tell me.  If it lights, I'll smoke it.

Once again pick on someone your own age.....  ;) I am just expressing my views. thats what forums are for.

As am I, dearest.   ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 08:21:17 pm »
YOU ARE 100% right!
My friends parents are very smart people! They own a real estate company and her mom is in the top 5% of realtors in the nation.
I think pot has alot of good use, but I personally don't think I could smoke it. I can barely stay in the room when people smoke it.

I guess weed affects people differently as I have found out. Nicole Richie was more than likely doing something else besides pot, I wouldn't doubt it. I drive all the time when high and has no problem with it. I only drink on occasion and if I am smoking too then most definitely I will not drive. If someone had to worry about me behind the wheel it would have to be if I was upset because I notice I tend to drive faster when pissed.

It is a person's choice if they want to smoke weed. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with recreational smoking of weed. I don't think people that smoke weed should be made to look like lazy idiots which is what the anti drug commercials portray. In Pot We Trust shows how people need it medicinally but even still they were able to function or it made it possible to function. I think pot gets the bad rap for all other drugs out there. I don't buy it is a gateway drug. I think people try drugs to experiment.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 08:22:23 pm »

You don't have to tell me.  If it lights, I'll smoke it.

As am I, dearest.   ;)

But you are fighting with my views so post a thread without quoting.... It might not seem like your going against my views.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:44:01 pm by jessem3s »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:08 pm »
Jessem~~ I respect the fact that you don't smoke, it just means more for me.. ;) But how can Thunter post a thread w/o commenting? That doesn't make sense to me, just saying...

(who loves her some Thunter)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 08:41:36 pm »
that doesn't make sense to me, just saying...

Consider the source darling.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 08:45:26 pm »
I was not paying attention to my word choice just trying to type. My fault...

PS: for those people who have nothing nice to say please don't say anything at all. It makes you look uglier than you already are.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 08:47:40 pm »
regardless of any right wing core moral values anyone may have, the purpose of the documentary was to make a point regarding the medical use of the plant.  It is clear that the government refuses to accept the scientific evidence of the medical qualities of cannabis; instead, the government uses the same ideology that is "against things that are socially taboo" as "reason" for the criminalization of marijuana.

Jessem3s-
I wish and hope that when you go on meds that you don't have any side effects, and I do mean this, I don't say it to be spiteful; but if you do need to treat symptoms like nausea and PN, well, do yourself a favor and do some research on the subject.

Rich
(who wishes people would expand their minds)

Ps...Queen this one's for you....  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48:09 pm »
Alright.  I shall quote someone else.

that doesn't make sense to me, just saying...

Consider the source darling.

qft
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2007, 08:51:21 pm »
regardless of any right wing core moral values anyone may have, the purpose of the documentary was to make a point regarding the medical use of the plant.  It is clear that the government refuses to accept the scientific evidence of the medical qualities of cannabis; instead, the government uses the same ideology that is "against things that are socially taboo" as "reason" for the criminalization of marijuana.

Jessem3s-
I wish and hope that when you go on meds that you don't have any side effects, and I do mean this, I don't say it to be spiteful; but if you do need to treat symptoms like nausea and PN, well, do yourself a favor and do some research on the subject.

Rich
(who wishes people would expand their minds)

Ps...Queen this one's for you....  ;D

I am not against POT.
I bet there is good medical use for it, but I personally can not smoke that.
It smells horrific.
If it was in a pill maybe I could take it.

But hopefully I will never need such things.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 08:52:29 pm »
Hey, guys, just saying, we all KNOW there is really only one "QUEEN" in our Forums, as much as you may beg to differ!  She started this thread.......

~Cindy
aka Queen's Side-Kick
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2007, 08:56:25 pm »
Jessem,

Sweetie, Marinol is the pill form of mary jane......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2007, 08:58:05 pm »
Thats why I said maybe as a pill I can take it!

But for now I don't need it so i'm good!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2007, 08:58:20 pm »
Hey, guys, just saying, we all KNOW there is really only one "QUEEN" in our Forums, as much as you may beg to differ!  She started this thread.......

~Cindy
aka Queen's Side-Kick

Step off girlfriend, Queen has one and one only playa partner around here, and that would be me. Don't make me cut you.

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2007, 08:59:32 pm »

~Cindy
aka Queen's Side-Kick

LOL....OMG...Cindy, this is too funny, I didn't catch that 'til now.... :D

I meant to say Queen Tokelove, I would never pass my baby to Nancy Reagan's boy.....LOL.....

btw..that is a picture of college days....her name was Purple Slut...she used to be purple but she fucked so many people over the years that she turned that dark color.   ::)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2007, 09:02:39 pm »
PS: for those people who have nothing nice to say please don't say anything at all. It makes you look uglier than you already are.

Jessum

I'm just curious about a couple of things...do you consider the above quote a nice thing to say?.. is it an attempt at humour?...or could it be that you just need to practice what you preach.."If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all".

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »
I don't say anything rude unless I am being treated harshly or in an unecessary manner...
So if people play nice I will be nice! Im not hard to get along with im very easy to deal with.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2007, 09:19:38 pm »
Jessem

You said if there was a pill...That sounds like you did not know there was a pill. I think I am done here, I didn't start this thread to argue and I do not want it locked. Maybe you should take Rich's advice and do some research. I hope for your sake that marinol works for you cause if not, I am afraid you are going to be up the preverbial creek w/o a paddle. Now if you please, anymore beef you may have, please start your own thread. Thanks.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22:05 pm »
I think I am done here

Maybe I'm wrong, but....

them sounds like lightin' words to me!

8)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:28 pm »
Jess, you need to know that you have been reported several times by other moderators for among other things the hostile nature of your comments.

You're very, VERY new to these Forums. In that short time you've managed to antagonize a number of people. As Jan has pointed out, using a term like "it makes you look uglier than you are" is nasty and just the kind of thing that can easily start a flame war.

You're giving off very prickly attitude. Cool it. Expressing yourself here also comes with responsibility. It should also tell you something that this thread didn't turn into scrapping until you started participating.

In a very short time you've gotten yourself to the edge of getting a time out. So please, don't snap back at me or anyone else right now with some kind of sassy retort. Take a breath and ease off a bit. You don't have to prove anything here about who you are or anything else.

There's more to you than what you've been showing, but what you've been showing is not likely to make others interested in getting to know you better.

And yes, we know you don't like the smell of pot. We got that.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:29:14 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline tester8888

• 32,wm, gay, hiv neg at 7 weeks, friend is newly +
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2007, 09:37:19 pm »
Loves to take some hits off good ole Mary Jane every now and then; purely for recreational purposes here.
I find it goes best with my dvd of the Monterey Rock Pop Festival of 1967.
Would like pot to be legal.  In fact, when no longer working at a place with random drug screenings, I will enjoy it more often.  Sad thing is, even if it's legalized, or if you have a prescription for it, the company you work for can still have a policy against it, and you will be out of a job.

Offer 2 small links here just for fun.

The first, just shows that as backwards and behind as we seem here in the South, and Arkansas, not everyone is nonprogressive:

Eureka Springs, AR legalizes pot:    http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=5663939

And this next one is just a tension breaker for fun:     http://youtube.com/watch?v=XwjSJ3__jVY

Jason
7 weeks post exposure, tested HIV Negative.

Be Kind To Everyone You Meet, For You Do Not Know What Battles They Have Fought That Day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.