Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:03:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 211
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I dont now what to do next Where to go from here  (Read 43278 times)

Offline PARYS_uk

I dont now what to do next Where to go from here
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:14:48 pm »
Can somebody tell me something about this hiv tests .I have exposure in mid of August and 22 days layter tested in Uk GUM clinic with 2 tests Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody Hiv1/2 Negative and Vitros Eci Antibody Hiv1/2 Negative. Tested again 2 months layter 90 days after exposure with the same tests and again Negative stil feeling sick nausea leg pain and others symptoms including constent cold or flue like symptoms .Can someebody tell me that thouse test are 3 generation or 4 generation tests .And they are good and accurate tests.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:09:13 pm by PARYS_uk »

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: please help from UK
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 03:16:02 pm »
Can somebody tell me something about this hiv tests .I have exposure in mid of August and 22 days layter tested in Uk GUM clinic with 2 tests Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody Hiv1/2 Negative and Vitros Eci Antibody Hiv1/2 Negative. Tested again 2 months layter 90 days after exposure with the same tests and again Negative stil feeling sick nausea leg pain and others symptoms including constent cold or flue like symptoms .Can someebody tell me that thouse test are 3 generation or 4 generation tests .And they are good and accurate tests.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: please help from UK
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 03:25:30 pm »
When you tested at 90 days the generation of the test was irrelevant. At 12-13 weeks after a possibly risky incident, any generation will give you an accurate result.

So you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to with HIV. Discuss your concerns with your doctor. You don't have to test any further or worry about HIV.

Just make sure that if you are having intercourse you always use a latex condom and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned in relation to sexual activities.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline PARYS_uk

Need Pofesiopnal Answer
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 02:11:50 pm »
I was reading your answers and you sound awake for me in hiv .
Im 28 years guy living in Uk.I have risky exposure on 15 of August .It was oral sex on me and vice versa without ejaculation we just play for 20 minutes and went to sleep.3 days layter hi told me hi is hiv+.Then i didn't have any contact with this guy anymore.I think 3 or 2 weeks layter i found some starnge thing on my thongue.I think 3 weeks after this exposure i went really sick night sweats fiver and very sore throat and very dry mouth and also my lymph noudes was very painful but never went swollen at all.I  said to myself this is it.I went to GUM  clinic 24 days after exposure.  to ask for Hiv test but Health Adviser said to me that to be sure and to get accurate result I need wait 3 months
I ask to have test done now as well as after 3 months .So they did 2 tests to me Can you tell me something about this tests 1 test Genscreen AntiGen-Antibody Hiv1/2  result came back NEGATIVE and 2nd was Vitros Eci AntiBody Hiv1/2 NEGATIVE as well.She said the first test is looking for some part of virus as well as for antibody she said its combination test.But she said to 100% sure I need to come back after 3 months to get accurate result.After 3 months of this exposure I went back to the clinic and they did the same tests and went back NEGATIVE.Im stil not right with my body I got sinus infection and feel nausea moust of the time Im feeling Im having every cold and flue witch is around .And I have legs pain back pain and my tongue its still not right my doctor said to me its not typical trush at all because she gave me some tablets for trush and they didn't help so she said it more like hairy or very lightly couted tongue.We are in January now and Im still not right feeling weak with legs pain constent cold and nausea  I dont now what to do.In GUM clinic they said that I dont need any futer Hiv testing if something is wrong with me I need to se my doctor at surgery.I have some cases of oral sex with some guys every time without ejaculation in my mouth no anal  but that was before this exposure so thouse tests should cover the past as well.

Can somebody tell me as well about False Negative what can make false negative results apart from having test to early  ,what illnes or medicines, can make your body to produce antibody witch can be decetded by tests longer than 3 months  I now only about hepatitis if you are infected in the same time with that and hiv it can take longer for your body to produce antibody for hiv and then Doctors advice to have another test after 6 months.Please somebody to answe me fo that question why for some people take more than 3 months to show positive 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 06:55:39 pm by PARYS_uk »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Scared from UK
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 02:19:22 pm »
PARYS, you need to go to your doctor and ask about your symptoms. You have tested conclusively at 3 months negative. Whatever is going on with you it is not HIV related and you will need to see your doctor to see what's going on.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 02:23:33 pm »
Do you now somthing about thouse  2 tests that i have

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 02:36:40 pm »
Parys,

Any hiv tests used in GUM clinics in the UK are government approved and reliable in their results - and that's all you really need to know. You are conclusively hiv negative for all the incidents you mention in your posts.

As you have been told both here and at your GUM clinic, whatever is causing your physical problems has nothing to do with hiv as you are conclusively hiv negative. You need to see your GP and discuss your concerns with him/her. We cannot diagnose you over the internet and neither can you diagnose yourself. Get to your GP and get sorted out.

Along with reading through the links found in the Welcome Thread, here's what else you need to know:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:14:03 pm »
I've deleted the new thread you started before you get any replies there. Please put your additional questions and comments in this same thread. That way readers can follow the exchanges and respond in a more informed way.

As Rod mentioned to you, to find your original thread just click on your name and it will show your posts.

Thanks for your cooperation. 
Andy Velez

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:17:38 pm »
And please don't PM me asking me to comment.

Moderators, please add unsolicited PMs to people asking for comments on their stories should not be tolerated either...to the "PLEASE READ" sticky.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline PARYS_uk

Need Pofesiopnal Answer
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:01 pm »
Can somebody tell me about False Negative what can make false negative results apart from having test to early  ,what illnes or medicines, can make your body to produce antibody witch can be decetded by tests longer than 3 months  I now only about hepatitis if you are infected in the same time with that and hiv it can take longer for your body to produce antibody for hiv and then Doctors advice to have another test after 6 months.Please somebody to answe me fo that question why for some people take more than 3 months to show positive 

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need Pofesiopnal Answer
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 06:47:51 pm »
Party, please put all you're questions and thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 07:01:45 pm »
Parys,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. PLEASE stop starting new threads. Thank you for your cooperation.

Unless you are on chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant, or have been injecting street drugs every day for years, you don't need to worry about seroconverting after six weeks. WEEKS.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test postive by six weeks. A negative at six weeks must be confirmed at three months - when there has actually been a risk.

You are absolutely hiv negative. You do not need further testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 01:51:29 pm »
Can somebody tell me something about hiv in animals.I have cat from 2 years when I was adopting him from Cats and Dogs Home they tell me hi needs to be iside because hi can pass this to another cat or dog but its absolutly safe for the human and there is no danger for people because hi cant pass this to human .Can somebody tell me something about it .Hi is beautiful cat very fit and healthy more then me
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:07:34 pm by PARYS_uk »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 01:58:01 pm »
What the sam hell are you talking about?

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:06:05 pm »
I have cat and his got animal version of hiv and I want to now something about passing this to human .They tell me when I was adopting him its absolutly safe for me but can be dengerous for another animals

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 02:10:32 pm »
Your cat has FIV, feline immunodeficiency virus. You can not get HIV from a cat that has FIV. Look FIV up and you can find lots of information on feline immunodeficiency virus. 

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 05:33:28 pm »
on this website they said that it can take up to one year for body to produce antibody to hiv infection http://www.healthology.com/hiv-aids/hiv-aids-information/article3506.htm and its not old information its from 2006

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »
No that is not what it says. It recommends being tested every year and that is the same thing we say here. It doesn't say anything about taking a year to produce antibodies.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 03:26:50 pm »
Hi can somebody tell me why on this website http://www.mirates.co.uk/read/vraag/id/17703 its a company in Uk and they sell Home Hiv Antibody tests they say 

in case of a needle accident (when you are pricked with a potentially infected needle) you should take in account that the window period is six months in stead of three.

What is the diffrent of beaing infected by sex from needle accident.Ony what I can think of is that needle accident is more danger to get infected but why 6 months

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 03:43:10 pm »
It's not quite clear as it's written there, but the CDC also recommends 6 months as a testing point. When IV drug use is involved and may include the sharing of needles, it's a notoriously effective way of spreading the virus. IV drug users sometimes take longer to seroconvert in part because their immune systems are  in bad shape.
Andy Velez

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 03:54:32 pm »
Thanks Andy
Hmmm I think is because when you are pricked with a potentially infected needle is higher risk to get infected but I dont get it why 6 months Is the virus acting difrently when is you are picked with needle fom when you have sex and you get infected

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 04:08:54 pm »
Six months is used in the healthcare industries for insurance purposes.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 04:46:28 pm »
Sorry but I still don't understand the difference time for testing beatwin being infected by sex exposure from being infected by needle .For example if somebody is pricked with a potentially infected needle on the street I'm not talking about drug users what window period is official for this person 3 or 6 months

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 05:11:38 pm »
3 months. If you got a scratch then you wouldn't have had a risk.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 06:46:13 pm »
Im not talking about scratch Im talking about being picked with potential infected needle why they say 6 months not 3

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 07:01:03 pm »
They don't say 6 for a non occupational hazard. If you got stuck out in the public, it's 3 months.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 07:37:03 pm »
Parys,

It's an urban myth that getting stuck with some random needle lying around will infect anyone with hiv. It has NEVER happened yet. You won't be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 04:39:48 pm »
witch patients they talking about can somebody answer I found this on some health A-Z website

POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION (PCR)

This test is used to evaluate the very small number of AIDS patients with false-negative ELISA and Western blot tests. These patients are sometimes called antibody-negative asymptomatic (without symptoms) carriers, because they do not have any symptoms of AIDS and there is no detectable quantity of antibody in the blood serum. Antibody-negative asymptomatic carriers may be responsible for the very low ongoing risk of HIV infection transmitted by blood transfusions. It is estimated that the risk is between 1 in 10,000 and 1 in 100,000 units of transfused blood.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 05:27:06 pm »
Your perception of a PCR DNA testing is wrong. A PCR DNA is used to monitor the VL of people with HIV/AIDS. PCR RNA is a test used to help diagnosis HIV. Someone that would have AIDS would certainly have antibodies.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 06:24:33 pm »
Thanks RapidRod for your answer I just found this on the website Your Health fromA-Z.
As you now I have 2 hiv tests done so far.Here in UK at GUM clinic everytime when they test you they use 2 tests each time so I can say I have 4 tests done .1st was one month after exposure (oral sex with hiv+ guy without ejaculating in my mouth).Tests that they use are Genscreen AntiGen-AntiBody hiv1/2 and Vitos Eci hiv1/2 and another the same tests 13 weeks after exposure all negative .I still so stressed that i went to have another test done this Monday 21 weeks after exposure they said in GUM clinic that there is no way it can turn positive at this point but I'm going Crazy because officially they give you results in 7 days but normally they are available early like I had in the past I ring them today and they said they diont have results  and I have to wait until Monday I'm so stressed why this time it seems to take longer.And I relay would like to now as well what that is when its said on the test AntiGen-AntiBody

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 06:28:46 pm »
Antigens are found in the blood stream up to three weeks after infections. Then when antibodies start producing then antigens are no longer at a high enough rate to test. Then you have to use the antibody tests. Your 90 day test is reliable, you are hiv NEGATIVE.

Offline PARYS_uk

Need Advice about PCR RNA from Ann
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 08:32:28 pm »
Can you tell when in UK in GUM clinic I can do PCR RNA TEST and hoe this test work

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 09:15:26 pm »
Parys,

No GUM clinic would test you using PCR technology. They will only use PCR testing when there has been a real risk of infection.

They also will not use PCR testing when the patient has already tested conclusively negative twelve or more weeks after the incident you are worried about.

You are conclusively hiv negative and a GUM clinic will NOT use PCR testing in your case.

If you cannot accept your negative result, please ask for a referral to your local mental health care team. You can ask your GP for this referral.

There is nothing more we can do for you here. If you persist in using this website to question your conclusive hiv negative status, I will have to give you a time out to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help you need.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: Need Advice from Ann
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 09:33:45 pm »
Sorry Ann if I make you upset but I don't think I'm using this website more then the others people with hiv worry.I think I have reason to be worry about myself because I have oral with hiv+ guy so its a bit diffrent from others who have sex with unknown status person and especially when my body its still nor right at all and doctors don't now what is wrong but they see that something its not right .I think I'm not hiv maniac (I hope) and I'm not testing myself because I like to do it .I'm doing it because from that exposure something strange is happening with my body .I have another hiv test done on Monday results are next Monday I hope everything gonna be all right 21 weeks after exposure .Thanks for your help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
Parys,

It doesn't matter if the guy was hiv positive or not. Your test results are still conclusive.

Test as much as you like, the result isn't going to change unless you have a new exposure - one that is actually risky.

You are hiv negative and it's time you looked for other possible causes to your problems.

Please read or re-read the Welcome Thread and take note of our forum posting guidelines. This is the last time I'm going to warn you.

Ann

By the way, I'm not upset, but there is nothing more we can do for you here. The answers are not going to change - you are hiv negative. Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 04:58:03 pm »
I just had my 21 weeks results.As you all now from my other posts I had 2 hiv tests done  in the past .They use 2 tests each time for testing 1st one month after exposure Genscreen Ag-Ab hiv1/2 Negative folow with Vitros Eci Ab hiv1/2 Negative as well.Then 90 days after exposure again the same 2 tests was performe both Negative.And now 21 weeks after exposure the same tests Both again Negative.ufffff.I just want to say that for my peace of mind I want to get tested on 6 months mark as well can you tell me witch of thouse tests I should performe at 6 months mark at privet clinic in Uk They say that Hiv DUO is very good test any advice please

3  HIV Duo Test - 28 Day Test
The Duo Test is an excellent and inexpensive test that reliably detects HIV infection that occurred just 28 days prior to the test. The test is known as the 'Duo' because it tests for both HIV antibodies as well as the 'P24 antigen'. We send a small blood sample to our laboratory and the results are usually available in a few hours. The cost of this test is £110 (all inclusive ). This test is rated as 99.8% accurate.

HIV Antibody Test - 90 Day Test
This is similar to the traditional tests that many people receive from GUM clinics except that we are able to give you your results in a matter of just 15 minutes, i.e. whilst you are still with the doctor. A small blood sample will be taken. You may prefer the speed of this test to the Duo test (above) if you are unlikely to have been infected in the previous 90 days. The cost of this test is £110 (all inclusive). This test is rated as 99.9% accurate. This test is available as a urine test, avoiding the need for needle pricks in our needle-averse patients. Urine tests are antibody tests with a standard 90 day "window period".

Viral PCR Test - Results from 10 Days!
You may also have heard of PCR testing. This is the most sensitive test available and aims to test for HIV infection that occurred as little as 10 days prior to the test. This test is not 100% reliable but it is a guide for those that are desperate for some peace of mind at the earliest opportunity. We recommend that this test is followed-up with a Duo Test at 28 days after the suspected infection. Like the Duo test, a blood sample is sent to our laboratory and we aim to have the results to you in 2-5 days. The cost of this test is £265 (inclusive consultation).  What does Wikipedia say about PCR testing?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 05:12:41 pm »
What is your point in posting that. You are negative and there is nothing more to discuss.

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: Need Profesional Answer about Viral PCR Test
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 04:21:01 pm »
Can somebody explain me what is Viral PCR Test and what is looking in the person blood if it comes to hiv issue
I now its not hiv diagnostic test but due to my symptoms I would like to have this test done .So I need some professional answer about this test

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 04:24:47 pm »
You are conclusively negative.  If you believe otherwise, which it seems you do, I would say go out and waste your money on a PCR test.  You don't need it but why would you start listening to us now?
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: Need Profesional Advice about Viral PCR Test
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2007, 04:50:28 pm »
Can I still get Professional Answer about Viral PCR Test

I want believe in my results but what happening with my health and my body is another thing .I cant stop thinking about hiv issue because from 5 months my health is very bad nobody can find the answer .I got sore throat lack of appetite sinus problem nausea and skin allergies hot flashes and fizzy and burning tongue sensation its just horrible and coated tongue Never ever had this tongue problem before its just burning all the time  .I'm catching every cold and flu around its just to much really to much .Its easy to say you are negative but everything starts 3 weeks after oral sex without ejaculation with hiv + guy and it last for more than 5 months now .So you all think we have hiv mental problem but the true is that everybody know his body and if all thouse things (symptoms) starts after exposure and they are still on its not easy to believe that I'm negative

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 05:12:59 pm »
Can some expert answer me please

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 05:16:27 pm »
Believe what you want.  You are negative.  I can believe Im dating Carmen Electra all day long but she aint sleepin next to me at night!

In the RT-PCR test, viral RNA is extracted from the patient's plasma and is treated with reverse transcriptase so that the RNA of the virus is transcribed into DNA. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is then applied, using two primers thought to be unique to the virus's genome. After the PCR amplification process is complete, the resulting amplified segments bind to specific oligonucleotides bound to the vessel wall and are then made visible with a probe bound to an enzyme. The amount of virus in the sample can be quantified with sufficient accuracy to detect three-fold changes.

Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a biochemistry and molecular biology technique[1] for enzymatically replicating DNA without using a living organism, such as E. coli or yeast. Like amplification using living organisms, the technique allows a small amount of DNA to be amplified exponentially. As PCR is an in vitro technique, it can be performed without restrictions on the form of DNA, and it can be extensively modified to perform a wide array of genetic manipulations.

PCR is commonly used in medical and biological research labs for a variety of tasks, such as the detection of hereditary diseases, the identification of genetic fingerprints, the diagnosis of infectious diseases, the cloning of genes, paternity testing, and DNA computing.

PCR was invented by Kary Mullis. At the time he thought up PCR in 1983, Mullis was working in Emeryville, California for Cetus, one of the first biotechnology companies. There, he was charged with making short chains of DNA for other scientists. Mullis has written that he conceived of PCR while cruising along the Pacific Coast Highway 1 one night in his car[2]. He was playing in his mind with a new way of analyzing changes (mutations) in DNA when he realized that he had instead invented a method of amplifying any DNA region. Mullis has said that before his trip was over, he was already savoring the prospects of a Nobel Prize. He shared the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Michael Smith in 1993.

As Mullis has written in the Scientific American: "Beginning with a single molecule of the genetic material DNA, the PCR can generate 100 billion similar molecules in an afternoon. The reaction is easy to execute. It requires no more than a test tube, a few simple reagents, and a source of heat."

But dont take MY word for it....im not an expert.

RIDE!!!

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 05:42:03 pm »
Thanks but I have another question
what is the difference betwen Viral PCR test and Proviral DNA PCR
Please Answer

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 05:48:41 pm »
Several different tests can be used to establish whether a person is in the early stages of HIV infection.

The most sensitive test which can be used is HIV polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing, which is the same as the viral load test. This test may be able to detect HIV within 48 hours of infection in some cases. However, caution should be exercised in interpreting the results of such tests when the viral load measurement appears below 5000 copies/ml, as these may be false positive results (Hecht 2002; Rich 1999).

Some laboratories may offer a proviral DNA test which is a highly sensitive and specific test for early HIV infection. An Australian clinic reported that 14 cases of HIV seroconversion were correctly identified by both the proviral DNA test and HIV RNA test. Viral loads were above 15,000 copies/ml in all these cases (Medland 2003).

Another method called p24 antigen testing may also be used to determine early infection. This looks for the presence of a viral protein called the capsid protein. However, this method has been superceded by PCR testing.

Antibody testing, which is used to diagnose HIV infection under normal circumstances is unlikely to detect HIV antibodies until at least six weeks after infection in the majority of cases. Less than 1% take up to six months to develop antibodies. The HIV antibody test is known as an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test.

A comparative study of diagnostic methods in people with seroconversion illness found that the p24 antigen and ELISA methods together detected only 79% cases of seroconversion. In contrast, the PCR test detected HIV in every infected person. The third generation ELISA antibody test, designed to detect antibodies earlier than standard tests, was only as accurate as the p24 antigen test.

The authors recommended that patients with suspected primary infection should be tested with a third generation ELISA test and a PCR test, with repeat PCR testing if the ELISA test is negative. If viral load remains higher than 5000 copies/ml while the ELISA result is negative, HIV infection should be presumed. However, ELISA testing should be continued on a regular basis until the presence of antibodies is confirmed (Hecht 2002).

Other experts have advocated the use of the PCR test in conjunction with the proviral DNA test and routine antibody testing as the most reliable and accurate way of establishing the presence of HIV infection shortly after exposure or when seroconversion illness is suspected (Medland 2003).
RIDE!!!

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: Need Profesional Advice about Hiv group 0 testing
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 08:26:58 pm »
Thank you vey much fo you answer
I just would like to now as well something about Hiv group 0
Can you tell me that tests avalible in the market for example Genscreen Ag-Ab Hiv1/2 or Vitros Eci Hiv1/2 can detect Hiv group 0 infection please can you answer very important
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:39:12 pm by PARYS_uk »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 08:30:59 pm »
Most all test will pick up O. I don't know of any testing facility that doesn't test for O.

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 08:47:51 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer
Can you tell me why some people called Viral PCR test but others Poviral DNA whats the difference if is any
And why when you have low below 5000 copies/ml they called false positive .For example if somebody is not infected should have 0 copies/ml.Can you explain me this please

Offline PARYS_uk

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 05:34:56 pm »
Can somebody answer me please

Offline ACinKC

Re: Need Help about Viral PCR Test
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 05:47:13 pm »
Viral deals with the RNA.  Proviral deals with the DNA.  I believe.

In regards to your false positive question: I shall let others speak on that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 05:52:58 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline PARYS_uk

Re: Need Help about Viral PCR Test
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer
Can you tell me why some people called Viral PCR test but others Poviral DNA whats the difference if is any
And why when you have low below 5000 copies/ml they called false positive .For example if somebody is not infected should have 0 copies/ml.Can you explain me this please 

Can somebody explain me this issue please

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.