Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

My boyfriend is POS, I'm NEG

<< < (2/7) > >>

Rockin:

--- Quote from: SurferJosh on July 21, 2012, 12:54:03 am ---In my opinion you should end the relationship but remain friends. Don't jeopardize your health for political correctness or to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.
--- End quote ---

Awful awful advice man...please think twice before saying stuff like that.

Jaroro, I completely agree with Raf. If you love someone why not help them cope with any problems they are having? People have difficulties and issues with just about anything and when you love someone you try to help...I don't think that's "nursing" at all, that's love.

You seem very informed and educated but I'll give you a few opinions on this:

a) Why did he stop the medicine in the first place? He was having bad side effects? What were those? What is his combo? Did he talk to his doctor about it? Is there an option to switch the combo maybe? He might be THINKING that the combo is giving him side effects and whatever he was feeling might even have nothing to do with the medicine at all, it might be just in his head. He has to adhere to the treatment, regardless of being in a relationship or not. You should talk to him about it and maybe even going to the doctor with him.

b) As long as you use condoms with lube you'll be fine. Researchers say that when the HIV+ is UND that it's even possible to not use condoms as the chance of infection is almost zero. However, that's up to you both. If you want to be paranoia-free about infection then always use condoms, no matter what. 

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: SurferJosh on July 21, 2012, 12:54:03 am ---I see 2 questions here: 1) How can you best support your boyfriend?; 2) What should you do to stay neg?
In my opinion you should end the relationship but remain friends. Don't jeopardize your health for political correctness or to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

--- End quote ---

I think statements like this is another prime reason why newly poz people have such a rough time coming to terms with living with HIV . Its really rather sickening to me but I will just let it go at that .

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: jg1962 on July 23, 2012, 12:24:04 pm ---I think statements like this is another prime reason why newly poz people have such a rough time coming to terms with living with HIV . Its really rather sickening to me but I will just let it go at that .

--- End quote ---

I simply submit that surferjosh has not been in love.

Also, seriously?

wolfter:

--- Quote from: SurferJosh on July 21, 2012, 12:54:03 am ---In my opinion you should end the relationship but remain friends. Don't jeopardize your health for political correctness or to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. 20 year-olds, regardless of gender, orientation, or HIV status are flaky.
--- End quote ---

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this was misguided humor?  If not, you're in for one hell of a bumpy ride in these parts. :o

Wolfie

Blue75:
Hey Jaroro,

Absolutely do NOT leave him because of his status! My husband is positive and I am negative and it will stay that way.  I will never leave him just because of this damn virus.

Good for you for making it very clear that ending the relationship is not an option for you!!  Hang in there.  He's a lucky guy to have something like you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version