Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:23:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 630
Total: 633

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New combo starting next week will be Prezista,Ritonavir,Isentress ....  (Read 4316 times)

Offline maddeuwch

• Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau.
2 Prezista,1 Ritonavir and 1 Isentress tablets in the morning,and an extra Isentress at night...

anyone any advice?

cheers ;)
Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau...(i need to remember that sometimes)!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: New combo starting next week will be Prezista,Ritonavir,Isentress ....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:42 am »
Sure, I take all of those -- any advice in what respect? I've had no side effects from them so not much more to say.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline maddeuwch

• Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:03:25 pm »
Sure, I take all of those -- any advice in what respect? I've had no side effects from them so not much more to say.

just general side effects that i might have that others have experienced and how they're doing on it.
Po callaf y dyn,anamlaf ei eiriau...(i need to remember that sometimes)!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:22:43 pm »
I've been on Prezista now for five years, Isentress for four -- went on each the first month they were FDA approved and/or was in the clinical trial. I've probably been on 75% of the HIV meds currently available (due to long standing resistance issues) and I would easily say that these two medications have been the easiest for me in terms of side effects, and I have had amazing lab numbers on them.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »
As it's one drug short of a full combo, personally I'd be wary of it's durability and therefore hot on adherence and want a good clinical reason for the choice. The rule of thumb for combos is 3 active drugs from at least 2 classes. This is 2 drugs from 2 classes (ritonavir doesn't count as active). Clearly, and rarely, commonly used nukes eg 3TC, FTC, and less rarely, tenofovir, can promote anaemia but there is still scope for a 3 drug combo.

This said, if your adherence on the Isentress is very good it has a very high chance of being sufficient. Indeed, boosted Prezista on it's own probably qualifies in this respect 8/10 times if your viral load is under 50 when you start the combo.

If when on the new combo your viral load rises slightly ask about adding 3TC. This is very rarely related to anaemia, but generally kind and the extra strength it adds to a combo probably enough to make the difference between eg viral load of 75 and viral load of 40.

If the new combo works, and the odds are in more in favour than against, you are blessed, for it is less drugs and this is always good (I might even be a little bit jealous  :)).

I'd be wanting a viral load test at 1 month after new drugs, and then at 3 months if all is well.

Good luck.

- matt
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:14:46 pm by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Matts

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »
I am on a comparable combo ( Prezista 600mg, celsentri 150 mg, norvir 100 mg once daily), because atripla was no option because of psychic problems. I take it for three years and its working. It can last longer to get undetectable ( nearly one year for me), than on atripla.

I wish You good luck with Your combo; at least you take less meds than most of the Positives.
Dovato

Offline james3000

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 08:39:34 am »
Newt is correct I take 3tc isentress intellence prezista and Norvir  I had problems getting down to UD but it is working now. Adding 3tc makes sense.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.