Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:23:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 325
Total: 326

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: via eyes? a time bomb in my body.  (Read 5182 times)

Offline iamfine

via eyes? a time bomb in my body.
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:42:11 am »
hello,

i am asking an question for my friend,and i hope u can help him.thanks!

"
 i am now so worried about the hiv.i have read the  lessons and some information,but i can not find the answer.
about 40 days ago,for some reason, some(very little) blood spilled into my left eye(eyelid),and i feelt there was some dirty things(solid) in the eyelid too.and i did not know whether the dirty things(solid,very small) come out later,perhaps it had been always in my eye uptill now .but i believed the blood was in my eye.i did not think about hiv during that time. the next day i feel itching with my eye and the eyelid looks very red.so i go to the hospitall,the doctor said there is a concretion(little stone) in my eyelid,and the he gave a  surgery on my eyelid ,and it bleed!..

i tested negative about 40 days later.but i now was so worried.because the test only can prove that i was not infected  40 days ago.

i get  from the doctor that ,the eyelid and the nasal cavity is communicated ,the blood in my eyelid must mixed in the body fluid in my eyes cavity and nasal cavity.i do not know how long could the hiv survive in these body fluid!perhaps i was not infected on that day,but ,if it can survive serveral days or longer...how can i know what time it will infect me ???i know its not in the air,but in my body!

and i also worry about the dirty things(solid),if there is some blood inside the things,(that means it did not come out the thing,but inside it),if the things  are always mixed in my body fluid ,how long can the hiv(blood) survive in inside it?

now i feel there is a time bomd in my eyes.i could not get rid of this idea.and can not work
normally.and got panic.can u help me ?

my questions are:

1,if the blood mixed my body fluid in my eye cavity and nasal cavity ,how long can the hiv survive in it?

2,if there is blood inside the solid thing ,and also it always in body fluid in my eye cavity and nasal cavity,how long could the hiv survive in it ?

3,i have a small surgery on my eyelid on the second day ,and it bleed,the blood must be into the eye.would it be a risky factor ?

4,should i test ?when should i test next time????

please help,thanks very much!
"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: via eyes? a time bomb in my body.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:31:09 am »
iam,

It's no surprise that you tested negative - hiv is not transmitted via environmental surfaces. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect once it is outside the human body.

Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson.

And by the way, you cannot infect yourself with your own blood.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline iamfine

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:37:12 pm »
thank u ann ,

u mean i  need not test any more? if the blood has hiv ,it can not survive in my eyes for long time?

i know hiv can not be infected by envirament surface,but i worried about the blood and the dirty things inside the blood.i do not know,if it has hiv and i was not infected that time,can the virus survive in my eyes or nasal cavity for long time.

if i need not a test any more, i will forget it.
thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:44:54 pm »
No, you do not need to test any further. Ann has already told you that you cannot infect yourself with your own blood.

This is absolutely not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline iamfine

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:40:37 am »
thank u andy,

perhaps i did not describe well ,the blood spilled in my eyes was not mine,it's other people's!

i did not know whether there was hiv in it.i wonder if it had hiv,how long will it survive in my eye cavity or nasal cavity?if it can survive for long time in it, would this situation prolong the window period?

when should i have next test ? or i need not have test any more?i am so worried about it now.

thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:43 am »
A couple of things aren't clear. Are you asking about yourself or your friend when you say "blood spilled in my eye"? And what exactly were the circumstances of this event?

In general I can say that theoretically transmission could happen that way. But in the real world of HIV science it doesn't happen whether the circumstance is an athletic situation, a fight or other setting.

Andy Velez

Offline iamfine

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:35:28 am »
sorry ,andy ,i did not descibe clearly.
i am asking for my friend ,he do not have a pc,i am just writing for him.that means all i said in this thread is about him.

the situation is in a tangly fight,he found one people'hands are very dirty and there is some blood on them,in the fight he feel there is some blood and dirty things into his eye.(very very little ,about one drop,and the solid thing is very small too!) that is the situation. (night ,in room)

the next day,he had a surgery on his eyelid(inside),and it bleed.
he test 42 negative days later.because the doctor told us the window period is about 42 days.

but he just puzzled that if the blood or the dirty things had hiv,perhaps he was not infected that day,but he do not know could the virus live in his eye cavity or nasal cavity for long time???how long???would this situation
prolong the window period???we just worry about this situation!

we mean could the virus just live ,but not transmit,in his body?how long?
when should him have a test next time?or no need to test?
that's the  most important problem puzzled us.

perhaps our thinking is absolutely wrong.but we can not find answer from lesson.
we do not speak english well,so please excuse my english.

thanks u,andy!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:01:51 pm »
we mean could the virus just live ,but not transmit,in his body?

Not,

NO, it cannot do this. Either it infects or it doesn't. It cannot hang out in the body without infecting or perishing in the attempt.

What you describe wasn't a risk for infection anyway. Hiv is primarily spread through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Not fighting and getting things in your eye.

Your friend was not at risk and he does not need further testing over this incident. He IS hiv negative. Period.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline iamfine

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 03:47:24 pm »
thank u ann and andy for your reply!
i now get it,i will tell him.

u help us.thanks very much,ann & andy!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 10:52:15 pm »
Good. I'm glad you found our answers to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.