Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 348
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: blood kiss with a psyco  (Read 11239 times)

Offline indianboy

blood kiss with a psyco
« on: February 24, 2007, 05:15:42 am »
hello
i was drunk yesterday and rougly kissed(tounge and french kiss) a girl who is hiv positive.
I have oral issues..with bleeding gums every morning while brushing
i also tasted blood...
before leaving she asked me to be careful about my health frm now on....dont know where that came from
what should i do now?
I am immensely worried
Please guide me

Offline indianboy

Re: blood kiss with a psyco
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:10:30 am »
PLEASE help me

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 07:23:12 am »
Whose blood were you tasting?  I suppose if you have open mouth wounds and she has open mouth wounds and you swap blood, there could indeed be a chance of exposure.  As to what to do, if exposure is that recent, its possible that you need PEP?  See doctor now!

Offline indianboy

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:10:03 am »
OMG
I dont know who's blood i tasted....i am assuming it was her's perhaps who knows.....
who should i see now?
the hiv clinic will only open on monday..i just called helpline
what should i do now?:(
I am doomed
i hate myself
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline indianboy

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:16:41 am »
What are my chances???

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:19:31 am »
The person to ask is the doctor.  If you can't see your regular physician or a clinic, see the ER physician.  You can also review the transmission lessons on this website.  You aren't doomed either way.  But, if a physician evaluates you and agrees that your chance of exposure due to her blood on your wounded gums, then, perhaps, they can prescribe PEP?  I understand PEP needs to be started quickly. 

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:22:13 am »
Generally speaking, HIV is fragile and hard to transmit, but I don't want you to forego the advice of a trained medical professional in reliance on what is posted at a website.  Go see the doctor and do it today.  If he prescribes PEP, you will have some reassurance.  If he doesn't believe your risk of exposure was significant to warrant intervention, you will have additional reassurance that a website cannot give you.

Offline indianboy

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 08:23:59 am »
thanx for the responce............
I am SCARED
Can anyone please tell me what are my chances?
fondeveau andy, ann
This is urgent
I am confused

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27:12 am »
You really need to discuss it with your doctor.  Chances are you will be fine.  But, do you really want to forego a professional medical opinion in reliance on a webpost?

Offline indianboy

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 08:33:02 am »
I have been reading this website scince yesterday..i really value all of your's opinion.
Its diff to find a doc at this time of the hour.................

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:33:53 am »
Indian, your own saliva contains and HIV-inhibitory element which would protect you.

Kissing has never been documented as a means of transmission, questionable oral health notwithstanding.

Even IF the woman you were kissing is HIV+ I don't see this as a risky situation for HIV transmission.

Please read the lesson about HIV transmission on this site. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. You'll get all the basics to be concerned and NOT concerned about there.

You can consult with your doctor if it will ease your mind. Instituting PEP in this situation would be a total overreaction.

Kissing is NOT a risk for HIV transmission.

And you need to avoid mixing getting into sexual situations with excessive drinking. That's a very dangerous combination.

I don't see this as an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 08:37:49 am »
Its called the Emergency Room - when you can't find a doctor anywhere else.  Sometimes, its called After Hours Care.  The doctor can evaluate your risk and glean from you information that it would take days for you to post online.  The doctor can examine you physically.  You keep asking what your chances are.  That is a medical assessment of risk that simply can't be made online.  

Offline indianboy

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 08:39:15 am »
thanx for your detialed responce..
I will consult a doc tomrrow morning and take his opnion...i read it should be before 72 hours for PEP so i will wait till tomrrow.
I dont ususally drink....a small beer made me high.....:(
what did you mean when you said notwithstanding? does it mean execpt for people with oral issues?

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 08:43:54 am »
He's saying that swapping spit aka kissing has not been documented as a transmission risk even where you have bleeding gums.  But, you seem to be saying that you believe you actually you drank her blood.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 08:54:34 am »
Indian, you really couldn't in that situation quantify how much of her supposedly HIV+ blood you ingested. Your saliva, her saliva and perhaps her blood (or yours?). It is extremely unlikely even in rough kissing that significant amounts of blood would have been involved in the situation.

Plus you were by your own description "high," which means your ability to gauge what was going on was even further diminished.

If you don't have access to a doctor then go to a hospital emergency room. I expect they will also tell you that you weren't at risk but maybe you need that additional reassurance to let go of this concern.

And yes, in the great unlikelihood they recommend doing PEP, that should be done in not more than 72 hours for maxium effect.

And again, I don't see this an HIV situation.

Andy Velez

Offline indianboy

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 08:56:38 am »
i just dont know what i am going to do.:(
i am SCARED:(
i dint swallow blood but yes i tasted it.....
:(
what are my chances?
thanx andy and fond

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 09:20:25 am »
No one here can say absolutely nil - at least I wouldn't.  Low? Probably.  Extremely low? Probably. But, its an assessment for a doctor.  Consult your physician.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 09:23:30 am »
I agree with Andy, I don't see this as an HIV concern.

Offline indianboy

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 11:04:41 am »
i just cannout gather strength to go to doctor....
is this anxiety or what?
do i really need to test?

Offline indianboy

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 11:05:29 am »
andy, rapid?..is testing really warrented?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:01 am »
As far as I am concerned this incident comes under the heading of a "theoretical" risk rather than an "actual" one.

Theoretically anytime you have any sexual situation with anyone other than your own hand you are at risk. But in the real world of HIV, sexual transmission consistently happens in very specific way, and most specifically during unprotected intercourse.

Since you indicate you don't have access to a doctor,and if this is going to continue to trouble you, then by all means go to an Emergency Clinic and discuss it there.  

Andy Velez

Offline indianboy

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:17 am »
in your opnion andy rapid..do i need to test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18:38 am »
Have you ever had an HIV test? If not then test. Would I test over your concern, my answer is no.

Offline indianboy

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 11:23:37 am »
Thanx rapid
yes i have had tested for hiv when i got my job...and had to go through medical.....
i will consult a doc on monday morning...still before 72 hrs to start PEP if required
please pray for me

Offline indianboy

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 11:46:51 am »
andy?..should i really test?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 12:08:39 pm »
Indian,

I'm terribly sorry that another forum member came into this part of the forum and gave you bad advice. The fact is, kissing, no matter what sort of details you want to put on it, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. You don't need to test unless it is part of a routine sexual health care check up.

You don't need to rush off to your local hospital emergency room, you don't need to see your doctor, you don't need PEP. Kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 12:16:08 pm »
Thanks, Ann. My jaw dropped when I saw the misinformation prsented here.

Kissing is not a risky activity. You will not get HIV from kissing.

I urge everyone, positive OR negative, to read the LESSON about HIv transmission vectors found on this site. I am still aghast that even people WITH HIV have so little knowledge of it's spread.

You DO NOT get HIV through kissing.

You DO NOT need PEP.

You do not need to freak out.

Those are simply scientifically quantifiable facts.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »
Indianboy,

Can I ask why you are using different usernames while posting to our forums? Thus far, you have also used Indian

Please realize that this kind of activity is disrespectful of other forum members, as well as our moderators. People spend a considerable amount of time helping others in these forums. Using multiple accounts is at the very least annoying, if not deceiving and disrespectful of others. It is also against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse.

You must realize that the answers won't change, no matter how many names you post under.

I would appreciate a reply to this message, and I hope you will commit to using just one account - preferably your original one. If not, you will be banned from further access to the forums.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 12:18:41 pm »
You're welcome Jonathan.

I was so shocked by what I read that I responded before I even had a chance to thoroughly check this poster out. Seems we've been here time and time again with him.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 12:20:34 pm »
And we've been over the same questions with him.

Offline indianboy

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 12:44:24 pm »
I am at a net cafe......here
my nickname is indianboy
what are you saying?
I just registered yesterday
couldbe that the ISP is the same hence the same IP is mapped?
i dont know

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 01:00:57 pm »
indian,

Yeah, right, that's why the writing style is identical and you're still worrying about the same things.

You kissed someone. You didn't have a risk. Get over it and move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.