Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:26:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV antibodies dissapearing  (Read 31104 times)

Offline remix99

HIV antibodies dissapearing
« on: September 08, 2008, 08:25:13 pm »
Hi I had a question - Ive read somewhere that some people will not show up for HIV antibodies if they have a supressed immune system such as cancer - I tested negative - thing is ...how do you really know cause someone could have a supressed immune system while being tested for HIV and not even know they have cancer ..what are your thoughts on this  - thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: HIV Antibodies and supressed immune system
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:37 pm »
It it not cancer that causes the suppressed immune system, it is the extensive chemotherapy, whose purpose it is to wipe out all of the immune system, that can delay seroconversion.

Trust me, you would know.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV Antibodies and supressed immune system
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:12:13 am »
When JK says you would know, he means it. When an immune system is seriously supressed it very quickly becomes evident because so much goes really wrong at the same time. It's way beyond a bad flu or something like that. It's more like the body is collapsing.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

HIV antibodies dissapearing
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 04:25:36 pm »
Sorry if this is dumb question - my question is say a person is HIV Positive and undergoes treatment - is it possible that they test negative for HIV during the antibody test after sometime after successfull treatment with meds or all HIV postive people no matter how supressed the virus is in there system test positive?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV antibodies dissapearing
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:28:04 pm »
No, once they reliably test positive with a confirming test, then even if their viral load should become undetectable, (as can happen during treatment), they will still test positive for an HIV test.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:40 pm »
Remix,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Is there a specific incident that has you worried and asking these questions?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline remix99

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
Thank U for the responses guys! I had two more questions - Me and my girlfriend dont engage in sexual intercourse but she performs oral sex on me and there were several times where she performed oral sex on me unprotected - im negative for HIV 1/2 - is there a risk even if I was positive by performing oral sex on a male - we currently use protection now! Also I had a question about touching her vaginal fluids and then touching my penis to masterbate after - does this pose as a risk? Also her masterbating me and getting precum on her hands then touching herself - is that a risk for HIV also? I dont know I am a worry wart and have alot of anxiety and hypochondria!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:00:11 pm »
Thank U for the responses guys! I had two more questions - Me and my girlfriend dont engage in sexual intercourse but she performs oral sex on me and there were several times where she performed oral sex on me unprotected - im negative for HIV 1/2 - is there a risk even if I was positive by performing oral sex on a male - we currently use protection now! Also I had a question about touching her vaginal fluids and then touching my penis to masterbate after - does this pose as a risk? Also her masterbating me and getting precum on her hands then touching herself - is that a risk for HIV also? I dont know I am a worry wart and have alot of anxiety and hypochondria!

There is absolutely no risk to via touching her vaginal fluids and touching your penis to masturbate right after that. Nor is her masturbating you and getting your precum on her hand and then perhaps touching, fingering or masturbating herself. None of those activities are risks for transmission.

As far as her performing oral on a guy who is HIV positive, it's more of a theoretical risk than a real one. For instance, a longterm study of sero-discordant couples who had lots of unprotected oral mutually and only protected vaginal & anal intercourse resulted in not a single sero-negative partner becoming infected.

On the other hand if a guy was just seroconverting and someone sucked him who had an open sore in the mouth and ejaculation took place --- a combination of those facts could conceivably result in transmisson. From time to time we hear stories of people claiming to have become infected through giving oral. They have yet to hold up under careful scientific scrutiny.

So you have to decide where you comfort zone is about the issue and either use or not use protection for oral as you decide. If there is a risk it is miniscule and you have to decide if you can live with that.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 03:24:35 pm »
thanks for the responses! Much appreciated! Another question regarding HIV transmission - I had a cut on my finger where I was fingering my girlfriend - does this pose as a risk for HIV for her to get infected if I had the virus or me getting infected if she had HIV?

thank you

Offline remix99

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 04:22:01 pm »
sorry one last question also cause this has been bothering me as well... i went to use the toilet and the tip of my penis touched the the surface of the bowl? does this pose as a risk to hiv or any other stds?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »
The answer to both of your questions is no, neither of those situations would pose a risk for HIV.

Read or re-read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. Sexually the only real risk for HIV is via unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 09:51:22 pm »
My girlfriend performed oral sex on me and masterbated me with the condom on and cycled between oral sex and masterbation - i dont know why this has got me worried but what are the chances of the condom ripping or tearing a little and me or her not even noticing this? Any risk for HIV? Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 10:24:38 pm »
No and no.

Offline remix99

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 11:56:59 am »
thanks guys - back to my original question about HIV antibodies not showing up - ive read that the window period for most people is 3 months after exposure and the rest of the people will show antibodies at 6 months - im confused over this cause ive read that a supressed immune system will mess up results but does it mean no matter what after 6 months antibodies will show up in everyone? you mentioned the case of someone knowing it for sure if they were really really sick - but do they also show antibodies at 6 months?

thank u

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 12:39:50 pm »
If you are not on Chemo, not taking anti-rejection drugs for a transplant or you are an Chronic IV drug abuser that shares works with other users, then your test is conclusive at 3 months.

Offline remix99

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 03:49:00 am »
How about sharing razors...does that pose as a risk???

Offline remix99

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 10:34:34 pm »
Hi I was wondering if there were any chance of transferring HIV through tooth brushers, razors, or nail cutters? Like has there been cases of hiv transmission through household products such as these?

thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 05:27:04 am »
remix,

No. However, there is a small chance of being infected with other illnesses when sharing other people's personal care items - so use your own. The other illnesses range from the common cold to hepatitis, but not hiv.

Hiv is a very fragile virus. Once it's outside the human body, small changes in temperature, moisture content and pH levels quickly damage the outer covering of the virus and render it unable to infect. The outer covering must be undamaged for it to be able to latch on to very specific cell types and infect.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline remix99

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 02:59:05 am »
Hello once again... a recent incident has got me concerned...me and my girlfriend were celebrating our 1 year anniversarry and I had a few drinks and when we got back to the hotel she was on her period and I think had a maxi pad on from what I remember. I knew i couldnt finger her in the vagina so I started to finger her anally and while doing that she came on top of me but not fully ontop but with her legs in between mine but not fully on top - she was giving me a handjob as well but im not sure if it was for the entire time..my concern was ..what if the tip of my penis touched her vagina cause i think the maxi pad got misplaced when i was rubbing her vagina with her panties on ...I know i didnt go inside of her...but I think the tip of my penis touched her vagina ...does this pose as a risk...thank u for your time

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 03:22:33 am »
As before, there is no risk that any rational person would ascertain.

I have to ask you, if you are serious about A) developing an enduring relationship with this female and B) given your previous unfounded fear regarding HIV, why not simply both test, wait three months without having sexual contact, then test again? That way you could do whatever you both wanted, with pregnancy being your only calculable risk.

Will you remain this paranoid if you two engage? Marry? I have to ask, because you mentioned that this latest fear came on your one year anniversary. A year without expressed monogamy? Without mutual testing? Without security regarding one anther's HIV and STD status? That's an awfully long time.

For the record, there is no risk for HIV in the incident as you describe it, for HIV.

However, other STDS can indeed be spread through much more casual contact, including syphilis, gonorrhea, crabs, scabies, HPV, herpes, and others. And many of these STDs have absolutely no symptoms for a long time, especially in men. Ar you equally worried about these? If untreated, gonorrhea can render a man sterile and/or cause permanent heart damage. And Syphilis? Untreated, it will slowly spread through the blood - brain barrier and destroy the brain, rendering a patient blind and insane with no chance or recovery.

What I am saying is that learning the REAL risks for HIV infection and dealing with them is paramount. And also relevant to other STDs. If, after a year together, you are still unsure about your partner's HIV status, then perhaps it's time to take that step.

Life is too short to live in that sort of fear. For you and your beloved.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline remix99

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:06 am »
Hi the other day I noticed that after fingering my girlfriend I had several cuts on my index finger and one was pretty deep but there was no blood visible or any dried blood - does this pose as a risk for HIV? like if I had it and i could pass it on to her or me getting it from her?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:42 am »
Re,

NO. Fingering is NOT a risk to either party. Yes, I read you had cuts. It's still NOT a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline remix99

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:40 pm »
Thanks for answeiring - I have been trying to find the answer to this question as well...I live in Toronto Canada and im not sure what testing they do for HIV...would you guys happen to know if they tested for both HIV 1 and HIV 2...also i read upon HIV subtypes and im confused as ever...does hiv testing cover these subtypesÉ

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 08:23:32 pm »
All tests that test for HIV 1, Group M can test for all subtypes. Canada uses MEIA and Rapid tests.

Offline remix99

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 10:40:13 pm »
thanks Rapid..so they dont do HIV 2

Offline remix99

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 10:45:52 pm »
so does that include type O as well...or are these subtypes nothing to be concerned about. sorry for asking twice

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 10:48:15 pm »
The MEIA test is the same as the ELISA in the states and at 3 months even an standard ELISA will detected HIV 2.  Most all rapid tests detect HIV 2, which is not prevelent in the US or Canada. Yes that includes groups M,N,O. The tests look for antibodies not groups or strains.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:50:04 pm by RapidRod »

Offline remix99

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »
Hi i went to get tested today and they did Rapid testing and the nurse said they test for HIV 1 and 2....my results were given within 2 min...when I said i wanted to get my blood drawn shes like...really? so i just went with the prick..and it was negative...then i asked about subtypes and she told me they dont test for O in the rapid scan...so is this test really accurate..thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:43 pm »
O is not a subtype it's a group.

Offline remix99

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »
thanks rapidrod..where does Group O come from..and is there any risk of getting it or am i in the clear and also is the rapid test accurate?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »
You never had a risk to begin with.

Offline remix99

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:23 am »
Hi I am quoting Ann's reply to one other topic

The only people who might  take a bit longer than three months to seroconvert and test positive are those on chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant or have been injecting street drugs, every day, for YEARS. It's major stuff we're talking, not having a cold or similar.

I know you guys said someone would know if there immune system was wiped out..but I have alot of stress and my adrenals are shot so couldnt that mess up results..like giving a false negative for someone who has a autoimmune disease...so would a person even with cancer test positive after 6 months?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 06:20:46 am »
re,

Autoimmune illnesses can cause false POSITIVES, not negatives.

Cancer does not cause any false hiv results. It's the treatment, the chemotherapy you quote me as citing, that might, MIGHT cause delayed seroconversion.

We're not here to continually hold you hand where hiv is concerned. We've given you what you need to know, now you need to LEARN what we've told you and APPLY it to your own life.

If you keep this up, you WILL be timed out.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

And by the way, YOU DON'T HAVE HIV!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline remix99

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:10 pm »
sorry I didnt even know i was doing something wrong..I was even warned the first time...i dont get it..

Offline remix99

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 10:25:41 pm »
sorry i meant to say i wasnt even warned the first time

Offline remix99

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 01:56:21 am »
Hey I know i have posted many fearful questions before but I justt had to ask out of curiousty...I have seen a  naturopathic doctor for the treatment of adrenal problems ..I will be taking DHEA and Pregnalone which will restore my levels back to optimal levels...some people even get treated for adrenal fatigue with hydrocortisone which seems to help...if I decided to get tested during this process will taking hormone replacement therapy effect any HIV tests...and also ..ive read that taking hydrocortisone is immunosupressive and can effect antibody production is HIV tests  but isnt hydrocortisone the same as having alot of cortisol in the system naturally from being very very stressed which alot of people are....this confuses me...thanks and I am being treated for my anxiety with a pyschologist and my naturopath....so I understand my unwarrented fears from before and I appologize for that but this is a general question ..thank you..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 06:49:23 am »
remix,

Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you didn't tell us about, I fail to understand why you're STILL fretting about testing.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV and your previous negative results have already established that.

Please address any further questions to your doctor. We're finished here.

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. Please seek counseling to get to the bottom of why you cannot accept your negative hiv status.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Please use this time to address your unwarranted fears in the proper setting.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline remix99

HIV Transmission
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:08 pm »
Hi - just had a question about a recent incident - my neighbor needed help moving a new washer and dryer and lifted it up from the bottom on some sharp edges and I cut myself on various fingers on both hands - does this pose as a risk for HIV infection or any other stds - like if someone cut themselves on the same spot where I cut myself??

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV Transmission
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 06:20:09 pm »
Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
Remix, I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all entries in this same thread.

You've been coming around here long enough to be up on what's risky and what isn't. HIV is not transmitted from environmental surfaces such as doorknobs, toothbrushes, razor, furniture, food or tools such as you are concerned about. No, not even if there was HIV+ blood on them. HIV is a fragile virus and does not remain viable on such surfaces and objects.

You are worrying needlessly. Also, we only focus on HIV here but I can't think of any other STD which would be transmitted that way. If you are having symptoms of any kind you should discuss them with your doctor. For sure there is no reason to be concerned about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 03:40:14 pm »
Thanks guys - just one like question I promise..I went to a conference and had to wear a name tag and accidently poked my finger with a pin..which drew blood .. is there any risk from this incident like say if there was blood on it or if someone poked themselves prior?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »
You've been coming here long enough to know what's the deal about what is risky and what isn't. To come back with this latest non-risk question is ridiculous.

Re-read what's been said to you and the lesson on Transmission. You're not going to be indulged in having every one of these what ifs answered as if they are about anything serious.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 06:14:56 pm »
Thanks...I have re read the lesson but I had one last question....HIV is from blood to blood exposure and is it possible to get HIV on the toilet seat...I went to the washroom to urinate and lifted up the seat and after I finished urinating I noticed blood underneath the toilet seat...im not sure if it splashed on my penis...or not...and this is worrying me now...is that a risk...and how long does HIV survive on the toilet seat in those situations..thanks..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 08:57:46 pm »
No, that is not a risk. You've been coming here long enough to know that.

You need to apply the information and knowledge you've been given to new situations as they occur,  and not just show up here everytime you have a burst of unfounded fears as if you have no prior knowledge about HIV transmission.

Otherwise you are very quickly going to find yourself getting another Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 09:10:55 pm »
Sorry Andy ...I know my fears are taking over me ...I just dont get it..cause when Im single Im fine and im not worrying about these situations...but when Im with a girl which I am going out with right now...it starts to flare up again...I think I need to get some help but its hard for me to afford it right now since im going to university and already have alot of bills to pay....Its also affecting my relationship becasue all we do is engage in mutual masterbation and that freaks me out as it is...and I think I might have to break up with my girlfriend because this anxiety is not fair to her...and not fair for me to ruin my health even more...I am going to try and get some help...and re educate myself on STD transmission...but this button situation..the washroom situation..and all that...its like i cant let it go...im like what if i penetrated my girlfrined and i didnt even notice...all these "what ifs" ...its scarey....cause its hard to shake off...but I am gonna try my best to steer away from this forum...and think right...again..sorry for the botheration..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 08:03:49 am »
Unfortunately we cannot help you with addressing the emotional and psychological issues you are talking about.

We can only evaluate risks and you didn't have any. Period.

Perhaps your university offers counseling or other mental health services which might be helpful to you.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 03:08:32 am »
Hi i know i have come on here before..but this time I think I have had a real incident..but i just needed some clarification...I am a personal trainer..and one of my clients scratched me by accident....while he gave me a tap on my shoulder...and when his hand slid down he scratched me near my elbow ...it drew blood but not alot....I was wondering if this was a risk...like what if he also had blood on his hand...and it came into contact with mine...

thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 08:01:24 am »
Once again you are worrying needlessly. Even IF the fellow is HIV+ that scratching incident absolutely would not be a risk for transmission of HIV.

HIV is a fragile virus. It is not transmitted through scratching, environmental surfaces, cuts, nicks, bruises and such.

Let go of this unwarranted concern now and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline remix99

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 01:10:23 pm »
thanks Andy...I just thought because what if it was a blood to blood exposure...isnt that how hiv is transmitted...?? thats why i got confused...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.