Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:05:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Which is worse?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline JeffInNYC

Which is worse?
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:09:20 pm »
Being called a nappy-headed ho?

Or having your dad call you a "thoughtless little pig"?

I would have to say the latter.  Shame on you Alec.  I cant imagine how nasty a custody battle gets, nor do I know the years of frustration and aggravation you have had to deal with.  But I think its pretty disgusting to speak to and about your child in such a  way - no matter the provocation.

What I find even more disgusting is the person who leaked this to the media.  Now the poor kid knows that the whole world knows that her dad thinks she is a thoughtless little pig.

Class.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:12:38 pm »
What are you talking about?  Alec who?  Is this some other celebrity gossip thing? 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:13:20 pm »
What are you talking about?  Alec who?  Is this some other celebrity gossip thing? 

How many Alecs you know?  Its all over the news!

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:17:20 pm »
I cannot imagine ever saying something so hateful to my daughter and Alec needs some serious therapy.  Not only has he failed as a father, he has also failed at being a human being.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:23:25 pm »
I cannot imagine ever saying something so hateful to my daughter and Alec needs some serious therapy.  Not only has he failed as a father, he has also failed at being a human being.

Exactly...I know we dont know what Alec has had to put up with these last several years...but Im sorry, it doesnt matter.  Nothing justifies the way he spoke to and about his daughter.  Even if this didnt leak to the media, that girl is surely scarred from this and this is the only instance that we know about.

He shouldnt get custody and any visitation rights should be supervised.

Sorry, Alec.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:27 pm »
How many Alecs you know?  Its all over the news!

So sorry.  It's just that I don't stay abreast of celebrity bullshit.  Do my damndest to avoid hearing it as much as possible. 

And you still didn't answer my question, so I'm assuming you mean Alec Baldwin.  How many Alecs do I know? 

None.  Not even him.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:49:26 pm »
uh... it's probably a lot more damaging to the 11 year old child to hear this repeated over, and over, and over on the news than it is to hear one time from a parent who loses their temper.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Well said, philly.

I haven't heard the comments in question (though I'm sure I will soon enough), but I have no idea about the details of their family history or the context for these comments.

For all I know, the kid may be a thoughtless little pig. 

Some kids are rotten. 

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:15:06 pm »
Well said, philly.

I haven't heard the comments in question (though I'm sure I will soon enough), but I have no idea about the details of their family history or the context for these comments.

For all I know, the kid may be a thoughtless little pig. 

Some kids are rotten. 

all true thunter.
but theyre playing the voicemail all over the place.  and its pretty bad.

Offline bear60

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:23:39 pm »
Really guys....I'm suprised that your use of youtube hasnt come into play here.....cause I went to youtube and there it was....the recording....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgj6NEk9xEw
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 02:29:54 pm »
The media is the one doing true damage. For all we know this could be a reference to a nursery rhyme or storybook fable of earlier years in their lives. Obviously dad is pissed and voicing it in a private message to his daughter. Maybe she is acting up and being difficult. Maybe it was Alec being arrogant. It's a private matter that should have remained so.
Now, I wonder just who made that recording available to the press? That individual is the one who has inflicted any kind of scarring to the child who has to go back to the classrooms and deal with a "scandal."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:33:56 pm by mjmel »

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 03:09:25 pm »
Try this link.
Its really BAD.
Shame on you Alec!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6msbUKsCNUo&mode=related&search=

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 07:41:53 pm »
Agreed. He did a very bad thing. I think equal shame should be laid at Kim's feet for sending it to the media without considering her daughter's feelings.
Shame on both of them.

/edited to capitalize Kim's name.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 07:58:25 pm »
Now that I have heard the message, Alex Baldwin has some SERIOUS ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES and he should be locked up for a while, so that he might grow some compassion.  I am a divorced father and my divorce was U G L Y, but never would I have said such hurtful things to my 11 year old daughter.  And if the mother (Kim) actually sent this message to the media, then maybe the kid would be better off with a set of "real" parents.

Anyone with half a brain knows how challenging girls can be at that age and there is little that kid could have done to deserve the diatribe he heaped on her.  The have violated their trusted roles as parents and to be honest, they do not deserve her.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 08:34:33 pm »
You know... a lot of kids have to hear and deal with crap like this (and much worse) from their parents every fucking day.

But I suppose, as usual, no one in the media gives a crap about them because Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin aren't their incompetent parents.

I love Uhmuricah.  Child abuse as infotainment.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline carousel

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 08:47:41 pm »
'A nappy headed ho'...

I don't give a hoot about the former actor called Alec Baldwin and the ins and out of his family life, but I don't know how you could equate the two. 

Given the choice, I would say the racist one was much worse.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.