Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:39:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 694
Total: 695

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please assess my risk  (Read 6355 times)

Offline rkrameshkannan123

Please assess my risk
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:56:50 am »
Hi All,

Please assess my risk. I'm a 31 yr old happily married guy. I've always been faithful to my wife.
One incident that happened in my life really questions about myself putting into risk. ABout six
months back i had gone to a health spa to get a swedish body massage. I always wanted to get a massage
and at the beginning the massage woman clearily asked me if i wanted sex by showing a condom to me and i
outrightly denied it. Then she gave me a body shower with water. I was totally nude and she was applying
some body scrub followed by a shower. Then she took me to the massage room and got her clothes removed.
We did a bit of rolling touching each other's bodies. At any point of time we didnot kiss. I just played
with her boobs by sucking her nipples. I was lying on he top for some time and then she started giving
me a hand job by applying massage oil.

This particular incident put me in real anxiety mode. Two weeks later i started getting stomach burning sensation
and i took some medication. Stomach burning n awas the only problem i had and it went away eventually. I can
assure you that i didnot have any kind of sex (vaginal,anal,oral). No penetration. Even when i was about masturbate,
The massage woman clearly said that i should do it on the floor and not on her body.

Kindly answer me the following questions:
1) When the massage woman gave me a body shower, she did touch my genitals by washing it with body wash and water.
She also used massage oil and applied on the inner of my penis. The massage oil or water can be a madium for
hiv transmission?
2) I was lying on her and we did some rolling on the bed. Is there any chance that my precum and her vaginal sceretions could have got touched at the genitals and could this lead to transmission. Again she was always
wearing a transparent black panty. Can her vaginal secretions reach my genitals and could this enable hiv transmission?
3) Can her palms/fingers with/without blood or vaginal secretions transmit hiv as she gave me a hand job for couple of minutes.

Please advise me appropriately. Can the above activities lead to hiv transmission. I read in couple of forums that
hiv exposed to open air can survive for minutes. Is that true and if so can it infect me ? I even did my testing after 4 weeks and four days (more than one month)
and came back negative. Prior to this incident about a month before i was taking anti infammaotory drugs (naphroxen)
.Its a non steroidal drug . COuld that affect my testing results?

After getting a proper confirmation from the HIV testing department that i had no risk, I started having regular sex with my wife. Its more than six months but i still have the fear that i have hiv or i would have transmitted to my wife.
I again got the stomach burning problem about a week back and have been getting heacaches often. I also get lot of acne these days on my face.Are these clinical
stage 1 symptoms. Please advise me appropriately.SHould i get tested again?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Please assess my risk
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:04:17 pm »
rk,

1 - No, hiv is not transmitted in these ways. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus. Once it is outside the human body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Hiv is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

2 - No. See the detailed answer in answer 1.

3 - No. See the detailed answer in answer 1.

Nothing you did or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection. Getting a handjob isn't a risk. Sucking nipples isn't a risk. Touching skin-to-skin is not a risk. Sexually speaking, the only true risk is unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. You did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need to test.

If you feel unwell, see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv as you never had a risk for hiv infection. NO RISK.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Please help me
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:35:44 am »
Hello Andy& Ann,

I already had posted my queries in the month of September 2009 about my massage parlor incident.
I was totally relieved after seeing the responses. But  offlate i'm kind of worried as i 'm getting
tingling, pricking sensation in my both palms. I sometimes get this in the feet as well.  Sometimes i get pain in the fingers and it subsides away. Is this kind of symptom anyway related to hiv.  Ann I'm asking personally to you . Is this the perripheral neuropathy that people talk abt.  DO you get these kind of symptoms. Please clarify.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please help me
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:39:44 am »
You need to follow the posting guidelines and return to your original thread.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:49:24 am »
Hello Andy& Ann,

I already had posted my queries in the month of September 2009 about my massage parlor incident.
I was totally relieved after seeing the responses. But  offlate i'm kind of worried as i 'm getting
tingling, pricking sensation in my both palms. I sometimes get this in the feet as well.  Sometimes i get pain in the fingers and it subsides away. Is this kind of symptom anyway related to hiv.  Ann I'm asking personally to you . Is this the perripheral neuropathy that people talk abt.  DO you get these kind of symptoms. Please clarify.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:14:26 am »
Based on what you have previously reported to us here, the symptoms which are concerning you have nothing to do with HIV. Often once someone is in an HIV worry mode, they can forget that there are many other causes for physical symptoms that have nothing to do with HIV.

You need to be discussing your concerns with your doctor. There is nothing HIV specific about any of them. That's no surprise since you haven't had a risk for the virus. Talk to you doctor. This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 09:18:45 am »
Also, I have merged your threads here as I see you had begun another one. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread. Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:18:07 am »
Ann/Andy
I've already  spoken about my case one year back of having a massage parlor incident in this forum. No sex(oral,vaginal,anal),Only hand job. I posted my questions one year back and got a reply from  you that i had no risk.But the whole incident kept on coming in my mind as i had regular stomach burning. My GP performed all kinds of tests and concluded that everything was normal and said that stress/anxiety could cause stomach burning.  I also had tingling in my palms  and occasionally  in my feet and this started coming regularily. This was also accompanied with dizziness. GP checked my vitamin b12 content and found it to be very low. She termed it as paresthesia and attributed tingling to be caused by b12 and i was on b12 shots  for a month on a weekly basis. Things got normal after a few months. This tingling again started coming up.I again visited my GP few weeks back and she prescribed b12 shots again. This is happening in my body for the last one year.
I know that i'm being a paranoid  ask the same questions again.
1) Are the above symptoms related to Peripheral Neuropathy caused by HIV.
2) If it is PN , then  does it occur after four months of exposure. The massage parlor incident happened in March 2009 and i started getting this tingling right from August 2009.GP always feels that i'm anxious and stressed out. She enquired out about that and i've told about this incident but not exactly. I've just revealed to her that i had gone to a massage therapy and the massage woman touched my genitals. I never talked about hand job. She just asked me to ignore but i'm not able to because of these symptoms. I do a lot of research on Internet  to gather these informations.I never talked abt this to my wife too. I've been just living with this mental pain for last one 1.5 yrs.
Are all these happening to me due to Anxiety. Is it OCD by any chance and that is causing this.I would like to know from you that all these things are not related to PN.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:40:04 am »
rk,

1. No. Your PN is related to your vitamin B deficiency. It's fairly common and it is the reason your doctor prescribed vitamin B shots, as he should. The fact that your symptoms abated when having the shots should prove to you that it is the vitamin deficiency causing your problems and not hiv. I would suggest that you do a little research to find out what foods are rich in B12 and start eating those foods in greater quantities as this may help keep your B12 levels high enough where you don't need the shots to avoid the symptoms.

2. Hiv related PN is most commonly caused by some of the older meds used to treat hiv, not the hiv itself. It is rare for hiv itself to cause PN and when it does, it only happens after years and years and YEARS of untreated infection.

We cannot diagnose anything here and that includes OCD. You need to see a qualified therapist for that. Ask your GP for a referral.

The bottom line here is - if you cannot bring yourself to believe that you have not been at risk from a handjob, then go test and collect your negative result. You can find a testing center near you by going to the Health Services Directory at POZ.com and entering your zip code.

You have not been at risk for hiv and you do not need to test for any reason other than your peace of mind. I suggest you test so you can put this behind you for once and for all.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »
Thanks Ann,

I'm sounding like a paranoid but please bear with me. 

few weeks  back i had gone to  a massage parlor.  The intent was to get peace of mind and to enquire the maasage woman that  whenever they plan to offer sex to their customers  they always do it protected. I was really a cynic to do this. I got  a  maasage where the massage woman  gave me a oil msaasge only for my back. Then she said that  for 200 $ she could offer sex for which i said no. She took 60$ from me a s tip and agreed to give me a hand job. After having the massage i stayed in the jacuzzi filled with hot water. I stayed there for five minutes. I was totally naked. Then came out and then she said that she could give a hand job. Being extra careful i asked if she could use a glove for her hand and instead she said  that she  has a condom. she  pulled a condom from inside her bra . It was looking like a  brand new condom as it was foiled. She then put it on my unerect penis and starting stroking my penis for a few seconds. Then i removed it as i felt uncomfortable and then i masturbated there on the floor. Then before leaving the place i even checked  the massage woman's hands to check if her hands were clean. I know that i din do anything risky but just  to double check , the condom that she used  by chance  remotely could  be used one.  If it was a used one , is there any risk for hiv transmiission. Am i a paranoid. Please  bear me again for asking repeatedly such stupid dumb questions.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 12:03:37 pm »
Ann/Andy,

Could you please reply to my yesterday's post. I'm really anxious

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:36 pm »
rk,

You cannot seriously think the sex worker would fiddle around re-rolling a used condom? Get real.

And even if by some ludicrous chance that she did, it wouldn't matter where hiv is concerned. You have already been told that hiv is a fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect when outside the body. Even if there were hiv infected cum in the condom, you would not have been in the slightest danger of a risk.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.