Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:06:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 197
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: MY HUSBAND TESTED POZ  (Read 5720 times)

Offline scaredhusband

MY HUSBAND TESTED POZ
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:33:21 pm »
Hi everyone my husband tested poz last week . I took him to the ER for an allergic reaction to something while we were in the ER the dr did blood work and told us he tested poz for HIV. We were beside ourselves filled with questions on how can this be we have remained monogamous from day one and we are now together over 2 1/2 years and married just this past may. After 4 days in the hospital we learned the thee confirmatory test was poz as well. After the dr discharged him we drove over to the ID dr office and i got tested. I tested neg and this blew my mind. I did have unprotected sex with my husband 2 weeks ago so i am going back in 4 weeks to test again.  We are finding this to be very challenging but we love eachother deeply and we will make it through. Please if anyone has had something like this happen please reach out to me. I sometimes get angry at my husband because of this is that normal?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: MY HUSBAND TESTED POZ
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »
Sorry to hear you and your husband are going through this. Of course, it's entirely possible that he was infected previous to your 2.5 year marriage, so getting angry serves no purpose in that respect. Hopefully your next testing will prove you're conclusively negative and you can move on and support your husband through this.

At the end of the day, with modern treatment, it's not the end of the world, but it does take a certain amount of effort, regular monitoring, etc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:40:57 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:49 am »
Yes its normal. 

I tested positive about 2 1/2 years into my relationshio with my partner.  I have been completely monogamous during our entire relationship.  He also has tested negative.  It was confusin for us also.  How could he be negative after 2 1/2 years of unprotected sex?  It is definately possible that he was infected prior to your relationship. 

One thing that helped both he and I was he accompanied me to my doctors visists in the begining and he also went to see his doctor on his own.   Its scary, but it is something that you can make it through.  I'm sorry this has heppened. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:08:50 am »
Hello

I can relate and understand what you are going through. My hubby is HIV+ and Im HIV-. We were married 4 years when hubby started losing a lot of weight and was tired all the time. Went to the dr. and after blood tests it was confirmed he was HIV+. I tested negative. The Dr. thinks he was infected before we ever got together. We had used condoms for birth control, but they were times we didnt. I just knew I would be HIV+ as well but I wasnt. Its been 5 yrs and I get tested once a year. We use condoms with plenty of lube EVERY time we have sex.

I highly recommend you read the lessons here, if you havent already. Have your hubby read them too. They are located in the gray bar ( About HIV, Prevention, and News). I know it really helped us.

I think getting angry is normal. I know I did. A lot of things kept going through my mind. If he had only used a condom...we wouldnt be in this situation. I totally lost it one day and threw a lot of things....broke some things...cried...screamed...just had a total meltdown. Thank heavens I was home alone when that happened. I wrote about it here and a dear member here told me who did I think I was ..a superwoman. To let it out....clean up my mess...and get on with living. And I did. IT wasnt no picnic. The first yr or so was pretty trying, but it does get better. I learned all I could about HIV. The first 3 yrs I went to every dr appointment with him. Now I only go once a year with him and thats when I get tested.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline scaredhusband

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
Sorry to hear you and your husband are going through this. Of course, it's entirely possible that he was infected previous to your 2.5 year marriage, so getting angry serves no purpose in that respect. Hopefully your next testing will prove you're conclusively negative and you can move on and support your husband through this.

At the end of the day, with modern treatment, it's not the end of the world, but it does take a certain amount of effort, regular monitoring, etc.

Thank you  we have an apt on wens with ID DR and he will be started on meds.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.